New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,363 posts
  • 489 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by brian-allen
  • Topic is favorited by 228 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,513 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

White-water-acrylic-backglass-2 (resized).jpg
White-water-acrylic-backglass-1 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-5 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-4 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-3 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-2 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-1 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-8 (resized).jpg
White-water-Translite-12 copy (resized).jpg
F429F7B6-9142-40AB-AEA5-4CE46240A816.jpeg
C05E849C-B197-400A-B1B9-40414DE1FD2F.jpeg
18C09AC6-EEAB-4002-9FF9-5A265B7D8D01 (resized).jpeg
7ACF7744-BA67-46C1-8144-25DBC1BF82BD (resized).jpeg
wh2o pin2dmd.gif
CA3F263C-C873-4373-A8B9-172C14C8A9A6 (resized).jpeg
DE72E216-25DD-4FF7-8287-FD572CAC1EC0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mac622.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#648 5 years ago

Anyone know the part #'s of the long spacer and short spacer on top of the ball guide or can tell me the correct lengths they're supposed to be? I've checked the online manual on Planetary but couldn't find them and mine is pretty mashed/chewed up on both end so not sure of the correct lengths. Thanks

photo 1 (12).jpg
#650 5 years ago

Thanks but I really need the part number or correct size of the long spacer above metal guide

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from mac622:

Anyone know the part #'s of the long spacer and short spacer on top of the ball guide or can tell me the correct lengths they're supposed to be? I've checked the online manual on Planetary but couldn't find them and mine is pretty mashed/chewed up on both end so not sure of the correct lengths. Thanks

photo 1 (12).jpg 337 KB

BTW - does anyone know what purpose that small spacer mounted on top of the inlane frame serves? After looking at other games I can see mine was mounted in the wrong spot (right instead of left) but it got me thinking ` what does this actually do anyway?

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from rad:

If you are referring to the Disaster Drop ramp (on the right side of the two green targets) - I just picked up a repro ramp from Starship Fantasies - nice ramp (riveted and came with the decal).

Did your ramp come with the boulder decal on top as well or just the waterfall decal below and behind the flap?

2 weeks later
#783 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Looking for a set of Brown boulders and a whirlpool and suicide ramp. PM me if you have any.. Also two white stand up targets..

Are you looking for new or used? If used, I've a set of the boulders

Post edited by mac622: addition

#786 5 years ago

Speaking of boulders does anybody need a missing mountain mod? I'm about to order one from Aeneas and the shipping is the same if you get two so if you need one and want to split the costs let me know. Good timing to be buying the mod with EURO down to 1.14!

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks I think I found a set. Does anyone know where to find the signs that go on the mountains? Boulder Gardens sign etc.

I may - I'll check tonight

#794 5 years ago

Do you guys align your upper flipper against metal guide or do you align it with the roll pin in the PF? I didn't notice the difference when I was tearing it down but when reassembling it last night if I align it with the roll pin the bat sticks out about 1/4" from the guide whereas before it was snug against the guide as in the picture. I'm sure this makes a big difference with the ramps shots so curious what you guys find is the best alignment? If this wasn't such a PITA to adjust once the mini PF is installed I would test it out to see what works best but since that's not the case I'd like to get it right before putting the mini pf back in. Thanks

UPF bat.jpg
#796 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I put all new ramps in and installed the mantis protectors so my ramps wouldnt get chewed up like the originals were. They went in easy, and I actually like the way they look.

I agree - they look good and install pretty easily. There is a right and left side to them so if you get a pair make sure you install them with the long tab/ear on the ramp side and the short tab/ear on the lock-No Way Out side. I learned the hard way

#797 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Yeah, from the bottom. IF, I remember right, I had to do four new holes for the mantis protectors and then I also think I had to move the actual targets back too and drill new holes for that. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on the need to slightly relocate the targets. It's been a few years.

I didn't have to relocate my targets as they were already as far forward as they could go. I could see how that may differ from game to game though as there's a lot of room (without the protector) and could lead to variation on the assembly line

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from leatherface:

Can anyone help me ID this ramp entrance protector on the right side entrance of the disaster drop ramp? Its missing on my WH2O and trying to track one down.
I haven't seen it for sale anywhere...

rampentrance.JPG 74 KB

Just an FYI - your Mantis protectors are installed on the wrong sides. The short tabs/ears should be on the No Way Out/ ball lock side and the long tab/ears should be on the ramp sides. The way you have it the long tabs stick out too far and it really affects balls coming back down. You can see the difference on Kerry's site

http://www.mantisamusements.com/wwprot.htm

Sorry - I don't know where you can with you finding the missing protectors

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from mac622:

I may - I'll check tonight

Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks I think I found a set. Does anyone know where to find the signs that go on the mountains? Boulder Gardens sign etc.

I have a new Lost Mine and Big Foot Cave sign but not the Boulder Garden. You welcome to them if you still need them.

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from leatherface:

I aligned mine to the roll pin in the mini playfield so no, mine doesn't sit on the guide behind it.
Aligning it to the roll pin (im guessing that's why there's one there :p) sets it up to also be perfectly aligned with the ball guide feeding the upper flipper.

You have it aligned to the pin or even further forward than that? Cant imagine it being further forward than that as it was affect the flow of the ball into the exit ramp.

Aligning it with the roll pin makes sense as it does align the bat perfectly with the ball giude. Thanks for input everyone.

#854 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

not 100% but is it during big foot bluff or camera craze?

Hi Art - I'm pretty sure its only activated during Bigfoot Bluff

2 weeks later
#977 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Well, yes I do like the brightness of yours I really do. The picture is a little misleading because the colors are vivid and do not show the real "in person" look. I think the lenses are the best for LEDs and the above is good for incandescent. I will evaluate this, but the energy and reduced heat you cannot deny.

I'm sure it looks much better in person as it's very hard getting good pics with LED's. I just did full LED in mine along with LED and GI OCD boards and the colors are amazing. This game is well suited for LEDs.

Just my $0.02

1 month later
#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Looking sharp!
needs the missing mountain 2015-02-09 19.11.09.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Just noticed your mountain is installed differently than YZFGUY's. Which way is correct? They both look good as they are.

3 months later
#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Re-joined the club last night...I need to check the flipper coils. Mine are so strong the ball goes flying off the green stand ups...looks like the manual calls for FL-116289. How are these in the game? I def need to check mine but want a littel less power on mine.

Hey Mike - From one of Lloyd's posts on RGP:
Lower left: FL-15411 (orange)
Lower right: FL-11629 (blue)
Upper right: FL-11630 (red)

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

gonna replace my ramps. Anyone have a picture guide of getting ramps back together. Never torn down a Wh20 and looks a little confusing getting ramps back right

Mike - give me a call when you're ready to start and I'll tell you some of the things to look out for. Believe it or not I found it much easier re-assembling it than tearing it down.

#1231 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Im sure once ramps are out I can just put back in reverse.
Looked for this on other threads. Best way to clean a rusty ramp flap?

If you're getting new ones they'll come with new flaps already installed.

1 month later
#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Hi everyone, I am new to the club, got my whitewater about 2 weeks ago.
I am having a strange problem that I am not sure how to diagnose, so I figured I would see if anyone here has encountered this before. If I lock a ball, and then activate both the left and right flippers while the VUK is kicking the ball to the upper playfield, the entire game will restart. My guess is this is some sort of voltage drop as all 3 flipper coils plus the VUK coil engage at the same time.
Any ideas on what is causing this and what the fix is? Other than this issue, the game plays great.

Definitely sounds like a common WPC restting issue so I would go thru the wiki steps that Mot suggested. In the meantime I would also suggest picking up one of Rob Kahr's daughtercards that will get you up and playing while you're figuring out the underlying problem. They're inexpensive and work great!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-new-product-to-help-resolve-resets-in-wpc-era-games#post-1518407

Welcome to the WH20 club!!! Such a great game...

7 months later
#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Learn something about YOUR GAME from 1993.
Start at 12:46, unless you want to learn a bit more about Alvin G. and Co and MC.
I wonder how many people on PinSide have actually seen this video and know some of the details and what prototype features were cut from the game. Look VERY closely, there are actually a significant number.
ยป YouTube video
Knowledge is power...

That was cool!!

4 months later
#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone know of a parted wh20? Need this switch assembly and wire harness

Hey Mike,

If you can't find a used assembly this is pretty easy make. You can get the bracket from Mantis (http://www.mantisamusements.com/bracketsupport.htm) and Marco and a few others sell them too (Part #01-9476-2). The switch is common (#5647-12693-21) and the rest is just screws, wire and a 2 pin Molex connector.

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How popular is the 3d backglass? Pricey but looks cool

Its awesome!!!! I would send pics but as many have said the pics don't do it justice at all.

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

whats the US price...260?

I bought from PPS and it was $199 plus $26 for S&H

#2154 4 years ago
Quoted from nman:

There's also one in Atlanta just down from the Gold Room. Merely driving by it was plenty for me.

And Charleston SC as well. "Call a Cab", if I remember correctly, was the most potent as it was made with grain alcohol!

1 week later
#2197 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How much in US? What is vat ?

Value Added Tax which only needs to be paid by Ger/EUR citizens. Based on current FX probably about $60 shipped to the US

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mac622.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside