Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4189 4 years ago

Had an opportunity to get a nice Whitewater and couldn't pass it up. Always loved this game. Great to finally own one!

20190803_225339 (resized).jpg20190803_225339 (resized).jpg
#4195 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Looks like you seated right in between 2 others great games also. Nice pickup!

Thanks. Looks awesome next to Fish Tales but need to sell Congo. Great game but need to sell it to clear some room. Looking forward to diving into Whitewater (pun intended). Need to shop it out with Comet leds, Titan rubbers, and fix a few minor things. Like to get ocd boards and colordmd but that might be for later.

2 weeks later
#4258 4 years ago

Anyone know what screws hold the right ramp onto the upper pf? Mine are missing.

20190818_213440 (resized).jpg20190818_213440 (resized).jpg
#4268 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Any time I have a stripped wood screw in a game I add a piece of toothpick to the hole and maybe a tiny drop of Elmer's wood glue if it is something that has to be tightened down really hard. Don't believe I've ever had one work back loose when using that method.

Same here. Don't skip the wood glue, though. I have tried it with just toothpicks and doesn't work as well without glue.

1 week later
#4326 4 years ago

Looks great! What lighting did you add?

#4328 4 years ago

I like the way the back area under the ramps is well lit above and under the ramps. I don't think it's a good idea using leds in the topper, though. Everyone says it ruins the effect. I plan on leaving the 194 bulbs in the topper but replacing everything else with leds and light strips for boulders.

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

im in the club. its a beater but it was a good price with the color dmd. one quick question how did everyone light up your boulders? please link me to your post on what you did. i like that and my game is bone stock.[quoted image][quoted image]

Look for Rockytop posts in this thread. He did an awesome job lighting up the boulders with the Comet Matrix light strips. I plan on doing the same with warm white light strips and sunlight gi. Nice thing about the Comet Matrix stuff is that if something doesn't look right it is super easy to change since everything is connected using connectors. I also like using the dimmers to tune the brightness just right. Hope to get started shopping my Whitewater this weekend. I don't have a lot of free time so it might take a while. Luckily my game is in good shape but still lots of work to do. I will definitely post pics once I am done.

1 week later
#4369 4 years ago

Question for OCD board users - do you need to program them for Whitewater? The instructions for GI OCD say "The GI OCD board is configured for WPC95 use by default, and strings 4 and 5 will be always on." I noticed there is a configuration file for Whitewater off the website but think that might be for the LED OCD board. Software instructions look a bit confusing and not really interested in tweaking every bulb. I have both boards and trying to figure out what I need to do to just get the correct stock look.

1 week later
#4388 4 years ago

Nice work, soulrider! Beautiful Whitewater. Is that missing boulder the one currently being sold? I know you paint matched it and looks like it fits right in. Tough to mix and match different boulders when everything looks different.

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

One was posted to Facebook for $500 yesterday. Says it's original, but I can't tell from the pics.

That doesn't include the stuff for the lights and dome either.

Quoted from marioparty34:

What are the attributes of an original topper?

Original has the correct foil that was never duplicated.

1 week later
#4409 4 years ago

A few things still need tweaking but mostly finished shopping my WH20. Comet leds, Titan rubbers, OCD GI, OCD LED, Hotfoot mod, and misc new parts. 2smd sunlight in GI and 1smd in inserts. All boulders lit with warm white light strips and bulbs. Happy to share how I did that if anyone interested. A lot of work went into just trying to get everything to fit right. One thing I noticed was my rear bolder has some holes on the right where it was rubbing against the back part of the cabinet. I made the boulder sit lower, lowered the flasher dome, and sanded down the back part of the cabinet where it rubbed just to get a hair of clearance to prevent further damage. Not sure if that is a common problem. I did buy a spare boulder set from Starship but agree that they are much darker than the originals. Decided to just keep them as spares and use what I have.

20191004_211642 (resized).jpg20191004_211642 (resized).jpg20191004_211658 (resized).jpg20191004_211658 (resized).jpg20191004_211716 (resized).jpg20191004_211716 (resized).jpg20191004_211727 (resized).jpg20191004_211727 (resized).jpg
#4414 4 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hello, Looking at jawjaw picture I want to share the following as I have done something similar.
I illuminated by LED (usind Noflix Target Light) the stand up targets of my WH2O ( replaced colored transparent, 5 blue, 2 white and 3 red), but so far all connected to GI. Looks nice.
I wonder if anyone has tried to make that setup interactive by connecting them to the "RIVER" lamp sockets? ( and the white arrows and the 3 red dot )
A naive connection may look strange to me as the "RIVER" target bank would start off and switch on as you hit the targets and lit the "RIVER" board insert LEDs. To me, usual pinball convention is to shoot where things are lit and shiny.
To make it "virtual drop target" they should all start the game "ON" and slowly get switch off as the "RIVER" letters on the board insert gets lit. This is where my knowledge of electronics stops, how to achieve that?
I suspect I need to keep my GI powering but add some king of transistor and connect one of the 3 legs to the "RIVER" socket light (middle one)? If anyone can give me an idea what to order and connect that would be cool
Etienne

Are you saying you want to tie lights behind the standup targets to the inserts? That would be coo but would be a challenge to get all the lighting just right.

3 weeks later
#4443 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Finally joined the club! Grail pin for me! Playfield is near perfect, cabinet a bit scuffed with some fade, but not terrible. Of course, it played perfectly at the guy’s house, but after transporting it 500 miles, it acted goofy when I fired it up. Random mine switch firing, whirlpool switch not firing, etc. Reseated all the plugs, chips, etc., which seemed to resolve it, but then something shorted and burned the J115 connector and blew a fuse, so I lost slings and pops. A little more complicated than my current skills can resolve, I had a tech come out to fix it, and he’s got the board out for repair. Can’t wait to play this thing!!

LOVE the lit boulders!! Details? This pin is one of the darkest I’ve ever seen. I had a OCD set to put in my STTNG, but I may redirect it to WH20. It’s desperate for some light.
Let the modding begin!

Congrats! Short problems suck but could be an easy fix. Look for a bare wire or the ends of a socket/coil touching metal. Coils can sometimes rotate a bit and the lugs end up touching something.

I put OCD boards in mine. Not sure it needs the OCD GI board but might as well if getting the one for inserts. Lighting all the boulders was not easy. I used mostly warm white light strips from Comet. Two 20smd light strips in the rear and another 20smd in the right boulder. For the left, I used a 20smd and 10smd. For the bigfoot cave, I used a wedge socket with a 2 head flex warm white bulb. Comet's Matrix connectors made everything easy to connect with no soldering.

To mount, I used brass strips from Hobby Lobby. They are easy to cut to size and easy to bend. I drilled a hole on one end and used existing holes to mount them. I bent them to get the best distribution of light. I also used some black construction paper in the back to help block some of the light bleeding down.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Hobbies-Collecting/Tools-Blades/Soft-Bendable-Brass-Strips/p/34683

#4446 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Awesome! Any pics before plastic re-install?

Need to make some adjustments so I can try to get some this weekend

#4452 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Awesome! Any pics before plastic re-install?

Here are some pics to give you an idea of what I did. The bigfoot spotlight mod had a bracket that mounted on the wireform. It was used to mount the spotlight but also perfect for adding another socket to light the boulder.

20191102_204856 (resized).jpg20191102_204856 (resized).jpg20191102_203314 (resized).jpg20191102_203314 (resized).jpg20191102_203353 (resized).jpg20191102_203353 (resized).jpg20191102_203328 (resized).jpg20191102_203328 (resized).jpg
#4454 4 years ago

Yes. All comet warm white light strips.

3 weeks later
#4478 4 years ago

Anyone have an upper pf wireramp like this? I recently learned that the wireform should have an extension that fits in the hole at the bottom circled in the pic. Mine does not. It just hovers over the hole and not looks a bit off. It works okay mostly but hard to get the top bolder to sit correctly and part of the reason seems to be this wire form is in the way. I'm guessing it's some aftermarket one that does not fit correctly but not sure. Only replacement part I can find is on coinoppartsetc.com but it's $80.

20191124_213208 (resized).jpg20191124_213208 (resized).jpg
#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

It’s a broken weld on your wire form it looks like to me.

Maybe. It's sits pretty high from that hole. From pictures, that extension does not look that long so things just seem off on mine.

1 week later
#4490 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Actually, I don't think it is magnetic. I suspect it is simply posts that raise up to prevent the ball from going out the outlanes or SDTM.
If they were magnets (like a Magna-Save) then they would need to be positioned above the inlanes, not the outlanes. The way they are positioned on that playfield would be more like a Magna-Drain.

Agreed. Shame they cut into the inserts. It would be hard to patch that up. I wonder how these work. Can you just press the buttons anytime to block outlanes or center drain? That would make the game too easy.

2 weeks later
#4505 4 years ago

Thanks for that, Davi! Looks great.

4 weeks later
#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from Osvivalt:

I was able to reach Vacation jackpot this week. The reward effects looked magnificent! Yesterday I also switched to LH6 from LH2 and the game feels more alive now. Lost all my scores, but I'll get them back!

Nice! What's the difference between LH6 and LH2?

3 weeks later
#4625 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I guess I 'm just in the minority...I prefer the traditional stainless (on virtually all machines).
I think the colored powder coating distracts from the rest of the machine, and the chrome is just too overpowering.

Stainless always looks great even after years of use and just fits the classic look imo. Painted trim does look good on some machines like super high end restores or new pins. However, one scratch or ding and it looks bad. Plus, I think it actually hurts resale value on the classics. People either don't like painted trim at all or don't like the color choice.

2 weeks later
#4693 4 years ago

Put some toothpicks in there with wood glue. Works great.

#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Fill the hole just like you normally would with some toothpicks. Put a piece of tape over the side when you do it, so the glue fills the hole. You could use a thin CA glue and that will completely wick through and fill the hole. Then remove the tape, sand dawn the side if you need to and re-drill the hole. It'll be as good as new with no sign that anything was ever done.

Right. The glue is what holds it all together. The toothpicks fill the gaps so stock screw has something to bite. I repaired holes close to pop pumper holes that were busting out the sides. Works great. Tough break it's on the edge that you can see. Maybe some kind of clamp when gluing can help push it all in but probably always going to have a scar there.

1 month later
#4791 4 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Not in the club yet but thinking I should be. I've read on several occasions that the whole ramp-a-thon on this game is basically a nightmare to work with (when cleaning /servicing below) and want your oppinions on it.
I have played the game and like it quite a lot, just not sure I want it at home if its a bitch to work with. So honestly, how bad is it to service and keep in good shape?
Also worried about the mountain plastics breaking as those seem hard to get.

It's really not that bad imo if you take your time, take pics, and keep things organized. If you have thicker aftermarket ramps or other mods, it can be a bit difficult getting everything to line up but really no different than any other game. I recommend just shopping the whole game out if you get one. Fix all issues, replace optos, rebuild flippers, replace rubbers, leds, etc. There are protectors and cliffys that are good to have so you want to get all that on while you shop. Once you do that, everything should be good for long while.

I don't think any parts are hard to get besides the topper. Repo builders are not the same color as the originals but close. The white square targets can be found but they are not quite correct. I got one with a busted corner and could use a stock replacement.

#4795 4 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

It's going to take you a few hours to break down the game for a thorough cleaning. How often you need to do that is probably more of a personal preference. The thing is, you really only need to do a full breakdown every once in a while. Most of the game can be reached by removing the glass. I only to a full tear-down every 2 years or so.
There are a few things you can do to save yourself a lot of hassle.
1. Label all of the under-playfield connectors you need to disconnect to do your teardown. Take your time and do it right the first time. This is going to take an extra hour or so but it will save you a lot of time in the future. I used numbered stickers from the electronics section of Lowes and it helps me find the connectors (they can get lost in the wires if you're not careful and you'll forget to re-connect them.)
2. Keep organized. I lay out a big board next to the game (about the size of a playfield) and everything that comes off the game goes in the same spot on the board as it would with the playfield, with the screws all in in same places. There are lots of different sized screws so keep them organized. The only thing is, you have to PROTECT THIS BOARD FROM DISRUPTION. If your toddler or cats gets to it you're in for a lot of work. Getting the screws right would be a nightmare.
3. Pay really close attention to the order in which you remove things and follow that reverse order when you re-assemble. Take a ton of pictures. Again this takes a lot of time the first time but saves you time in subsequent breakdowns. The ramps are a little like a puzzle and when re-assembled correctly they fit together nicely. If it's not fitting right, chances are you did something wrong. Being methodical really pays off.
4. That pay extra attention to the Whirlpool. That long screw spacer under the whirlpool is REALLY important. If you aren't careful about putting that spacer back before you re-install you'll screw up through the playfield. I've seen this on quite a few Whitewaters. In fact, take detailed pictures of that whole under-whirlpool area before you start your work.
5. Replace your rubbers when you break down for cleaning.
6. Don't let the game sit un-assembled for long. You'll forget what you did during disassembly and it will take you longer to re-assemble. Plus, there's more chance that you disrupt your organized parts.
Those are the tips I can think of off the top of my head.
Another thing I'd recommend if you have a nice game is to use protectors. I have no mylar on my game except for the clear protector for the Lost Mine kickout. That's a really key area to protect. The Cliffy under the VUK is absolutely essential. The other big areas are the inlane drops from the ramps. Wear in those inlane-switch slots might be the best way to tell how much play a game has seen. I use the Cliffy metal protectors and some clear, cling vinyl on the right inlane to prevent damage there and it works great. The other place I use clear, cling-vinyl is the whole area to the right of Bigfoot where the ball drops from your plunge. This is a pretty heavy wear area, and very tough to keep clean. The vinyl protects your playfield, is easy to clean, and easy to replace if you need it. The Manits protectors for the green targets depend on how much wear your game has in that area. Mine has held up really well but I check them every time I clean and make sure the screws are nice an tight.

Good details. Labeling connects is extremely helpful. WH20 has a ton of them going to upper pf. I used blue painters tape and a sharpie to note where it goes. You could just make marks on the connectors but I find the blue tape makes it easy to find any loose connectors you forgot to connect.

I don't think you need to store all the parts out like that. Good pictures and bags for hardware work great for me. I recycle bags from parts orders like leds and write notes on them using a sharpie. Label what part they go to and any specific information like where the long screw goes. If you label them well then it doesn't matter if they get mixed up. I then store all the parts safely out of the way so they don't get knocked off something or stepped on. Take pictures of every step of disassembly at different angles. Never hurts to take more pics and get close ups. I've encountered games that were not put together correctly so if something doesn't seem right, look up pictures online.

BTW - what is the clear protector for the mine kickout? Do you mean mylar?

#4824 4 years ago

I think we are all a little biased here lol. WH2O is a very desirable game and most people enjoy it. Liked it before I bought one and loved it even more after owning one. I think it has the most character of all 90s dmd games.
It can be a tough game if mine kickout aggressive or setup tough. Easy to adjust those things, though.

1 month later
#4961 3 years ago

I think Whitewater has the best looking translite of all the 90's pins. Love how they made a whole topper for the title and just had artwork on the translite. I wonder why they didn't do that to other games.

#4972 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Hi all!
I have been able to light all the mountains/rocks from underneath except for the one right next to the Big Foot Cave sign. The space underneath is limited. How is everyone doing it? What are you using? A pic would be great if possible.
Thx!

Here is my game. I have the big foot spotlight mod. It came with a plastic clamp that attached to the top of the wireform ramp. The light socket then screwed onto this clamp. It's also what I used to attach another light socket facing inside the boulder. For the bulb I used a two head flex bulb. Works great for stuff like this when you can adjust each head independently to get a nice spread of light. Ball clears everything fine but I did have to cut the bottom of the big foot spotlight hood since I had it tucked in so far. I can get picks with boulder removed but think that gives you a clear idea of one way to do it.

20200531_201139 (resized).jpg20200531_201139 (resized).jpg20200531_201217 (resized).jpg20200531_201217 (resized).jpg
#4974 3 years ago

I forget but probably hacksaw. It's plastic so easy to cut.

#4987 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Thank you all! I have asked the seller for better photos of the topper and a video of it in action..
The game is 2,5 hours away and for a small country like the Netherlands, that is a huge distance
So have to be sure I really want it first haha

You didn't mention cost but value of topper is at least $500. If you can score a good deal on the one without a topper, it might be worth it. At least try a lowball offer. I would prefer having the topper but price is the important factor.

3 weeks later
#5057 3 years ago

+1 on white. I have used different colors on other games but kept White Water stock looking. Colors would clash with the artwork and boulders imo. White bands, black post sleeves, and black stock rubber on flippers.

1 week later
#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If anyone who has taken off the upper playfield has any tips on the easiest way to put things back together--that would be cool. Figured as long as I was at it I took off all the ramps to clean everything. Glad I did, should play a lot better after it all goes back together.

I don't recall any special tricks when I did it. I recommend the usual. Unplug all connectors under the pf and label both sides of each plug with sharpie. Put all fasteners in labeled bags and take pictures of each step as you strip down the pf. More pictures never hurts. Putting it back together would just be the opposite.

6 months later
#5439 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Only genuine “must have” I can think of is GIOCD if you decide to put LEDs in the GI, since the game has a TON of cool GI effects.
All the other mods, like rafts and missing mountains just serve to clutter up an already busy playfield. I’d say to avoid those.

WH2O looks absolutely amazing with ocd boards. I agree with other mods. They just end up looking out of place and awful. Really bugs me when boulder mods don't match color of stock boulders.

#5474 3 years ago

It would be awesome if that yeti was able to slowly rise up from the back while people are playing.

1 week later
#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I used few matrix warm white strips.

Same here. Used Comet's matrix light strips to light up all boulders. The back was difficult because there is not much room. I got some brass strips from hobby store to use as brackets to hold the light strips. They bend real easy so perfect for shaping them right where you want them.

If you have not checked out the Comet Matrix products I highly recommend checking them out. They use connectors that piggy back off bulbs so no soldering. You even have a dimmer you can use to dial in the brightness.

#5498 3 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

jon9508 jawjaw - Thanks for the advice - any picture of how this looks with the white matrix lights?
j67ab - I prefer to light up the mountains and not the ramps, lights going up - but the blue ramps look nice too!

Here is mine. Hard to get good picture of lighting.

20210204_180315 (resized).jpg20210204_180315 (resized).jpg20210204_180542 (resized).jpg20210204_180542 (resized).jpg20210204_180605 (resized).jpg20210204_180605 (resized).jpg
#5504 3 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Very nice! So you did also light up the lost mine mountain with the same matrix strips, right?

Yes. I used existing hardware to mount the brass strips. Light strips have adhesive back so they just stick on. With the Matrix, they can all be unplugged and removed if I ever need to tear the game down.

20210205_074942 (resized).jpg20210205_074942 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#5557 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Looks like blue bulb condoms stretch over the post

I did the same to my game. Those screw heads left nasty scratches on the head of my game. Annoying since overall game in great shape.

1 month later
#5712 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Thank you LTG.
I read it and it says I have to download firmware for it to work. Does it effect the game at all?

If you order colordmd for WH20, it should already come loaded with correct software. If not, it is very easy to load with the right software. You don't have to make any changes to the game itself. Everything is plug and play. Save your dmd so you can switch it back in the future if you choose to move the dmd to a different game.

#5717 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I personally can't justify the price. I'm ok with buying a monochrome LED display, as amber is what I grew up with and I spend 90% of the time watching the ball. Or I could get white with colored gel filters. Either way LED is miles ahead of the old problematic plasma systems.

I can't really justify it for most older games where animations are fairly basic. Newer dmd Stern games make much more difference. True, you don't watch the display much while playing but you still look up at times for info. You still see the display a lot in attract modes and while others are playing.

One advantage of going colordmd on older games is you no longer need the high voltage circuits which can be problematic. It's also nice to eliminate the loud hum/buzz some dmd's make.

#5725 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I have never received a color DMD with the software already installed, but yes installing the firmware is trivial. And if you ever plan to sell a machine, you can take the color dmd out and put it in any other machine and just switch the firmware.

My bad. Checked the colordmd website and you are right. It clearly says you have to load software. I could of sworn they come preloaded at one time.

3 months later
#5991 2 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

After reading these posts I thought I should have a few games to watch for dimming. I checked the settings as well and dimming is enabled. The GI lights blink, but I didn‘t really notice any dimming. I have all LEDs in the GI, I‘ve never noticed ghosting. I probably shouldn‘t be asking this question because if somebody points it out it‘ll bug me afterwards when I see it in the game - but when is this dimming occuring?

Leds cannot dim by default. You have to turn off dimming and attract mode power saving mode otherwise leds will just flicker. There is no fix for this flicker other than getting ocd boards. Not sure how these boards work but they do. Ghosting can be fixed with non ghosting led bulbs or patched roms. Ocd boards fixes all the led issues and supports dimming. I love these boards and have them in all my games. WH2O is such a beautiful game with great fade effects. You have to get these boards if running leds imo.

#5999 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

When I tested full GI LED in my game the "dimming" effect was more of a stroboscope effect and was HIGHLY annoying, I almost thought I was at a rave party but without the drugs. I very quickly removed the LEDs and went with normal bulbs as intended.

This. I don't see how you could get used to it since it's very obvious. Looks like something is wrong with the game. With dimming turned off, leds will look fine for the most part. Things is, you don't know what you are missing until you see the ocd boards in action. You get the brightness and vibrant color of leds with non of the side effects. You can even tune the lighting with the software. Dimming is not just used for parts of the game like when you drain. There are dimming effects from just lighting inserts which are especially obvious during attract mode. The only real downside of ocd boards is the cost. When you add up the costs of all the led bulbs and boards, it's around $450-500. Totally worth it to me since lighting is such a huge part of the gameplay experience.

#6020 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Minimally get the gi ocd for gi dimming effects.
The led ocd is so the inserts don't appear so binary, but I don't think there are any dimming effects on the inserts.
I have both and they work and look great for me.

Actually, the majority of the dimming effects are in the inserts. GI is mostly on all the time but inserts are constantly turning on/off with smooth transition effects.

2 months later
#6133 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

What settings is everyone using for their GI and LED OCD boards?
Be curious to see how others have theirs configured.

I have both boards using stock settings. Comet 1smd bulbs inserts and 2smd for gi with custom lighting. Looks fantastic. No harm in playing with the software to see what you like.

1 week later
#6142 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I am planning to switch my WH20 to LEDs soon. I know that to retain the GI fading effects that I will need the GI OCD board.
But if I want to use this board, do I have to also buy/use the LED OCD board as well?
Buying both boards, along with the LEDs themselves, will make this a very costly operation. Can I install the GI OCD now and add the LED OCD board later if I feel it is needed?
Thanks.

Like other said, they work independently so that's not a problem. I don't think it will look good, though. You will still need to disable fade effects and power saving mode in the game since the inserts will not be able to fade. Non ghosting bulbs might help but then you will not be able to use those with the led ocd board if you decide to get it later. I see it as a whole package - both boards and regular quality leds. It does add up but delivers the best result with zero issues.

1 month later
#6224 2 years ago

Agree with others. Probably not going to do any better if complete and no serious issues. It sounds like it just needs to be shopped which is not that difficult. Leds should only be around $120-150 and easy to do yourself. Even if you put $1000 in it fixing it up, I doubt you will lose money when it's time to sell. It's a great game and wouldn't hesitate for a second getting it.

1 month later
#6367 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

Does LEDOCD let you keep the topper effect with LED lamps? Or is it something else about the LEDs that doesn't work well?

Ocd boards only for gi and inserts, not the topper. I am not aware of any solution that allows topper led bulbs to fade like incandescents. I never bothered trying because many have tried and say the same thing. You lose the waterfall effect. Rest of my game is leds with both ocd boards. Looks fantastic!

2 weeks later
#6418 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

So I did the dremel thing on the bottom of the Bigfoot ramp to thin it out a bit, and that did help some.
But the real problem that I am having is that the ramp just doesn't seem to have the right steepness to it near the entrance. It sort of leans backward so the flap does not point downward enough. This means that the flap does not touch the playfield and then prevents the ball from being able to enter the ramp.
If I manually hold the ramp up in the back, I can get it to align ok, but it can't stay that way by itself.
These new ramps are much thicker and sturdier than the old ones (which is great) but they are also much less flexible which makes them much harder to fit/adjust.
Unless someone has a better suggestion, I think that I am going to have to jury-rig something that will hold the back of the ramp up. Any comments or insight would be appreciated.

Yeah, you just have to play with it to get things to fit right. I appreciate the new ramps being thicker for durability but never had one that just dropped in without some kind of modifications.

#6431 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I had this issue with the ramps on Whirlwind as well. I had to mill out the tab holes for all of the flasher covers on the ramps. Also, I had a location where the ramp was narrower than the ball and it would routinely get stuck. I had to sand it until I removed 30 thousandths from the ramp. Kind of annoying on a brand-new purchase.

Last ramp I bought was for FH. It was like 1/8" too narrow from side to side. I contacted Larry at Starship but he said it fit perfectly on his FH. Not mine. I had to bore out the holes and stretch the ramp as much as I could to get it to fit. Even then I could not secure the ramp with a screw in one corner. Hole was just too far off. Annoying but ramp does function. Maybe different games can be off a little here and there? Or maybe some ramps shrink during production? When I got my WH2O, previous owner put in new top ramp but did not secure it down. Holes did not line up. I did a full tear down so made sure everything fit right building back up. I forget exactly what I did but I was trimming edges, opening holes, and all that. You can use heat to bend ramp but that's risky.

#6484 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Take the ramp back off. Does the ball go through the funnel when the ramp is not installed? If it does than then it is not being installed correctly. Don't Dremel the funnel.

I would install one ramp at a time making sure ball rolls smooth before putting other parts on. I remember having some issues with some original ramps and some repro. I think I had the same issue Estroh was talking about but forget. I just remember spending a lot of time getting everything to fit right and had to make some modifications.

4 months later
#6761 1 year ago

Check to make sure no other switches are triggering when trough switches are activated or any other switch in the game. Multiple switches triggering at once can make the game do funny things. You want to remove the balls and activate all switches by hand to see how the game responds.

1 month later
#6875 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogroar:

It’s pretty difficult to get the right color on camera, but here’s an idea. Does this look like the right color? Again, the quality is top notch though.[quoted image][quoted image]

The blue on your old cab looks faded/dulled. I wouldn't use that as the benchmark. Decals looks pretty good so I wouldn't stress it. The blue should really pop and stand out. Love that blue. Not sure if it's nostalgia or what but just looks awesome.

3 weeks later
#6916 1 year ago

CoolCatPinball - Game looks great! I would put bulb condoms or something over the screw heads holding the star posts over the shooter lane. They will scratch the top of the backbox when you rest the pf up. I didn't realize this until it was too late. Your games looks really nice so I highly recommend protecting it.

2 weeks later
#6978 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I’ve always thought that a re-engineered lamp chaser board for this game with LEDOCD built in would be a good idea for those who insist on using LEDs everywhere.

It would be nice not to worry about heat building up under the dome. Probably a non issue in home environment but still. Those little bulbs get hot.

4 months later
#7252 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Probably easier to replace the green standup target. They are available at a few vendors, like Marco I think. I do believe switches can be rebuilt and the face replaced, but it seems like the longer, much trickier fix.[quoted image]

You would need a rivet press to replace the target which most people don't have. I would suggest replacing both targets at the same time. The new target switches can be a slightly different tints of green than what you currently have. Better to get matching set.

9 months later
#7668 4 months ago
Quoted from PinBotJay:

Purchased a Whitewater about a month ago and I noticed that the whirlpool ejector assembly is shooting the ball right where the right flipper and right flipper ball guide meet. This leads to an out lane drain on the left pretty much every time. I loosened the ejector and tried to rotate it a bit so it would shoot at the right flipper but I didn't really have much room to play with so this wasn't an option. Looked up the manual and it says the stock coil for the ejector is the AE-26-800 which is what is there now. After googling to see if anyone else had this issue I came across 2 posts that reference switching this coil out to an AE-25-1200 and this fixed those peoples issues.
I am thinking about giving this a go but before I do, I wanted to ask this group if this was the definitive answer for this problem? I have checked and made sure the machine is level, which I verified with a digital level. I installed new rubbers on the flippers and put in new balls. I just don't know what else I should be checking before changing out the coil. Also, how difficult is a coil swap? Can I interchange the armature and spring just switch out the coil itself? I have some soldering experience but I am not an EE major and this is my first pinball machine so I am hesitant to start changing things up under the playfield.

I put a a few rubber rings on the coil plunger to soften the throw. Cheap and easy. That helped my game where the kickout was too fast and often resulted in drains. Try that before replacing coil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.