Topic Stats

• 4,587 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by arcadenerd925
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,271 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200125_150930 (resized).jpg
20200104_140731 (resized).jpg
IMG_3081 (resized).JPG
IMG_2942 (resized).JPG
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a564 (resized).jpg
IMG_7840 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20191222-082551_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191222-080341_Drive (resized).jpg
IMG_20191221_232328618_1 (resized).jpg
02-4677 post2 (resized).jpg
02-4677 post (resized).jpg
Wh2o_after (resized).JPG
wh2o_IPA (resized).JPG
wh2o_scotch3 (resized).JPG
wh2o_scotch2 (resized).JPG
Wh2o_before (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorillabiscuits.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1371 4 years ago

Hi all. Joined the club last week, super stoked! I have a small issue I could use some guidance on.

Namely, the switch the ball rolls under upon exiting the disaster drop does not work, it just seems super loose and has probably never been replaced. I'm referring to the piece of bent wire that hangs down. In test mode I can sometimes push up and make it connect with my finger, but in actual play the ball rolls right past it and just does not connect. I figured this out after finally getting to Willy's and realizing the disaster drop insert continued to stay lit no matter how many times I hit it. DOH!

I looked up the part from the manual and found the attached photo on Marco. Looks like a cheap fix but a potential pain in the ass to do with all the layers of stuff that needs to be removed to access.

1. Is this the correct part and only thing I need?

2. I see a transistor bridging the switch between 2 of the 3 connectors. Can I remove this and re-use on the new switch? Should I be using the world's thinnest solder on it? I ordered some .015 by mistake but perhaps it could work here.

3. Seeing that there is a very small transistor involved and I would be soldering directly over a ramp/playfield, is this something that should be fixed by a proper tech? I do need to replace that particular ramp so perhaps it wouldn't be the worst thing if I accidentally dripped a bit of hot solder onto it... of course I could always just put cardboard under it and not be total idiot. Sorry, I'm working this out in my head as I go! BTW My soldering experience is exactly ONE solenoid.

Thanks in advance!

switch_2.jpg

switch.jpg

#1374 4 years ago

Great advice, cheers.

On further review it also looks like the black plastic part of the switch itself is missing one of its two mounting screws, so I'd imagine every time the ball passes under it there's no resistance to hold it in place... so instead of closing the switch they both just just pivot upwards. Either way this thing is coming out, I tried to bend it with fine pliers but it's just way too tight under there.

I hope you're right about the molex, that would be a huge plus. Thanks again and I really appreciate the quick and thoughtful replies!

Also I just googled a picture of a transistor vs. a diode and they are completely different looking hah. Perhaps it's time to pick up a copy of electronics for dummies

#1377 4 years ago

Solid thank you. So when you say "the diode", is there a one size fits all standard? Or do I need to consult my schematics to find the relevant one? if anybody has a link for said diode I'd appreciate it. First donation to PS also incoming, I very much appreciate the invaluable help and sweet machines I've received from this site so far!

#1380 4 years ago

Thanks. I see you also have iron man. I can't stop playing either of them. They both just feel really pure and fun. My other machines are collecting dust and they are all pretty equally new. It's scary to think that in August I did not have any! Luckilly I enjoy working on them as much as playing them and will hopefully avoid too many future tech visits and have some extra money left over for diodes and color dmds

5 months later
#1798 3 years ago

Please disregard request I found the part thanks.

2 weeks later
#1853 3 years ago

WANT! How do I order one

3 weeks later
#1934 3 years ago

Finished installing this little guy. Best mod ever haha.

image_(resized).jpeg

#1938 3 years ago

Yup, same here. Takes a minute to ship as it comes from Holland, but a no brainier for the price.

#1939 3 years ago

Loving the side art as well that's next on my list!

#1946 3 years ago

Oh snap, I took a look at the box and I got you covered then! Enjoy

http://www.noch.com/en/whitewater-rafting-16818.html

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Coming from Holland .... ?
When i try to buy one it says "Will NOT ship to The Netherlands" haha

#1947 3 years ago

Also my bad, it came from Germany NOT the Netherlands

1 month later
#2031 3 years ago

Does anybody have an idea of a fair price for a nice condition original translite? Picked up the 3d one and I feel like kind of a hoarder holding onto the original.

Or should I hang on to it?

The machine itself is pretty nice with matching original boards and great PF. Cheers.

1 month later
#2137 3 years ago

Please add me as well, cheers.

2 months later
#2244 3 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

When I used the topper LED's from Cointaker, the waterfall effect was gone. Their kit was alternating cool white and blue which did not work. I switched it to all cool white and it looks fantastic.

I ended up putting a blue to the left and right of the center bulb w/ the rest as incandescent and it worked really well for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorillabiscuits.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside