• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorgonzola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1125 8 years ago

Can someone please tell me where the ball is meant to end up after you shoot disaster drop or boomerang bend?

On my machine, 90% of the time the ball will come off the left ball guide and aim straight for the drain. I've gotten used to nudging the machine fairly hard to bump the ball off the ball guide so that it hits the tip of the left flipper, but I'd like to fix it properly.

I've seen videos online of different machines. Some feed the left flipper, some feed the right flipper, and I've even seen one where the ball guide throws the ball across to the right slingshot.

If anyone can post a close up of the left ball guide, that'd be great too so I can see how mine differs either in shape or mounting position.

2 months later
#1248 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

For reference, when I turn the game on, the upper PF VUK fires twice slowly. Is this normal?

No, it shouldn't fire when you turn the game on.

Big Foot turns forwards and backwards however. Does that happen on yours?

5 months later
#1481 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I can't imagine there isn't enough room down there for a standard flipper like the rest of the game uses....that's loco!

The modern flipper assembly does fit. You just have to be careful with the alignment so that it doesn't catch on the metal ball guide below. See my post below from a previous thread for info and a photo of what to look out for:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reason-for-wrong-flipper-parts-on-wh20#post-2600607

1 week later
#1513 8 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Okay so, I've gotten a little fed up with how much I'm seeing this, and I have to ask; What is the appeal of the white mountain and abominable snow man mods? I think most mods are awesome, but the white mountain mod makes literally 0 sense and just makes the game look super cold. When was the last time someone went white water rafting in freezing cold snow covered mountains? And the abominable snow man... Again, what does Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer have to do with white water rafting? Not to mention everything else still refers to him as Big Foot.

I've always thought this too. It makes absolutely no sense in relation to the theme of the game.

The one for sale linked a few posts ago may have cost the owner a lot of time and money to do, but in my opinion it is ruined. If I was to put an offer on something like that, it would be half what I would offer for an unmolested example. It would cost a lot of time and money to undo it all!

#1515 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It would be cheaper to airbrush hard nipples onto all of the characters to simulate cold weather rafting.

You're absolutely right, you just saved me alot of money!

3 months later
#1957 7 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Hi All,
I'm the proud owner of a Whitewater since about four weeks, it's such a cool game, I am, however, noticing that sometimes during multiball too many balls get into the upkicker and then the coil is not strong enough to kick more than one ball up onto the upper playfield. I've even had three balls in there during Whitewater muliball. Of course when it happens I need to stop the game and pull the balls out with a magnet. I have not yet made an archeological expedition under the upper playfield and I can't really tell from the manual if there is a mechanism which should prevent this and is maybe damaged. Has anybody had this and what was the fix ?

Before you bend any metal as per other suggestions, shine a flashlight down the upkicker hole and check the condition of the 'Ball Popper Cup' (Part Number 03-8561). I experienced this exact problem and it was due to the 4 teeth that hold the ball centred being worn/broken (see attached photo). This allows a second ball to sit across the edge of the cup, which then gets squeezed when the coil fires, slowing it and causing the ball that was in the cup to lose momentum and fail to complete the arc.

A new Ball Popper Cup with 4 nice teeth eliminated this problem 100%.

cup_(resized).jpgcup_(resized).jpg

#1960 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's like I've heard this before.......

Except that you mentioned the wrong part and described a situation where the part is missing altogether.

I described a situation where the part itself is still present but may not appear to be broken to someone who has a quick glance or may not realise that the part is supposed to have 4 teeth. Additionally I included the part number as this is helpful for those that don't have the manuals or know where to find them.

I was also re-iterating that they should look at this aspect before worrying about the wire form as this failure is more likely.

What's the problem?

#1962 7 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Wow, thank you very much. I didn't realise it was meant to have 4, I just checked mine and it only has 2 teeth one on either side ?

If you look closely you'll probably see a line where the other two teeth have broken off, like the one shown in my photo.

This is what it should look like: http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-8561.html

The same part is also used for the Whirlpool eject assembly. I need to replace this one now too as it also has a broken tooth and as a result sometimes it fires poorly (slower and on a random angle). This is due to the armature assembly (shaft) rotating slightly each time it fires and causing a different outcome every time (like what you are seeing with your ball popper).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorgonzola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=gorgonzola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.