Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gcmess.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2860 6 years ago

I picked one up this weekend. I have a problem with bigfoot's head. It was working but then just quit. Course the error shows on start up...no movement at all. Been looking at the schematics and will continue to but wanted to see if anyone has some quick checks I can make. I do have 14v at J118 on the driver board but in the test mode nothing at the motor. Any thoughts as I dig in....? It is turned on in the adjustments menu.

#2861 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

I picked one up this weekend. I have a problem with bigfoot's head. It was working but then just quit. Course the error shows on start up...no movement at all. Been looking at the schematics and will continue to but wanted to see if anyone has some quick checks I can make. I do have 14v at J118 on the driver board but in the test mode nothing at the motor. Any thoughts as I dig in....? It is turned on in the adjustments menu.

Hello? Anybody out there? Was hoping at least for a welcome...

#2865 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Yea, I’ve heard the capacitors on the motor board a prone to leaking. If it’s bad enough, it can damage the chip on the board as well.

Yep....found the posts and yep....bad cap.
Thanks for the responses.

#2868 6 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Did you buy the one that was listed in Tucson?

I didn't know there was a listing for one in Tucson. On pinside? Huh!
I have a wanted ad for a fishtails and a few other titles and was contacted to see if I would be interested in a WH20.
Sold a POTC and JM so had to do something.

2 weeks later
#2880 6 years ago

Been searching this board for solutions to the annoying loud sound I have when shutting down my WH2O. I have found a few interesting ideas and even a components list for a suppression circuit using radio shack p/ns. I think radio shack is dead. Anyway....anyone have any new ideas or fixes that I could try....I am worried about damage to my speakers. Thanks in advance.

#2887 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Why not send the boards off for repair? It's a little pricey, but worth it.

What would the repair be? Everything seems to work fine....just the noise when shut off. If it's just the caps....I can do that. Not sure that would fix it...guess I could try it. Not expensive and not hard to do.

#2892 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

What's the loud sound like? Most WPC games make a loud sound when shutting the game off. It's normal. If your game has it's voltage regulator changed to a switching voltage regulator, like the one made by eZSBC, it's going to make a very distinctive loud sound that's longer and quite different than anything you've heard. Again, nothing to worry about and nothing to throw money at trying to eliminate.

I'll see if I can post a video....
I just don't want to pop a speaker...I can't imagine this being "normal" but maybe it is.

#2901 6 years ago

So... posted a while back about bigfoot head problems and I was pointed to the direction of the driver board and a cap that fails. And sure enough....I had a blown cap. So after replacing that... still had problems and have been chasing them ever since. In the meantime I bought a new board and installed it...works like a champ....so decided to replace the transistors and op amp and a few diodes and pretty much rebuild my old board just to see if I could get it working....guess it's the challenge. Success....plug the old board in today and works great. Had to fix a few traces/runs that were bad also. Anyway....bottom line....I now have an extra driver board. So if anyone needs one....let me know. I will part with either one....

#2906 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

bad cap on sound board

Guess I might as well look at those....should be easy enough to replace.

#2909 6 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Let us know if that works, please.

Can do....not sure when I'll get to it though.

2 months later
#2974 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I hate to ask a stupid question, but my Bigfoot stopped working. Where is the motor board that controls him? For the life of me I can't find it. I do see the opto board undernehth him, but that clearly isn't it.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I had to repair/replace mine awhile ago....when you lift the playfield it is on the left side toward....I think about in the middle. Very easy to get to. BTW....I have a repaired board if you are interested....

#2975 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I hate to ask a stupid question, but my Bigfoot stopped working. Where is the motor board that controls him? For the life of me I can't find it. I do see the opto board undernehth him, but that clearly isn't it.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Looks like this.....

DSCF5041 (resized).JPGDSCF5041 (resized).JPG

#2977 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That's it, I

Thanks, I thought that was a different board. I will test mine and let you know if I need a new one.

Check that infamous cap and the all the runs on the board...I did replace all the transistors and a few diodes but did find a couple of runs that needed repaired also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

17,250 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gcmess.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=gcmess and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.