Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider estroh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4533 4 years ago

Just picked up my grail pin last week!

I've already had the ball stuck here twice. I've done some searching on this forum and I can't find anyone that has had this issue. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was your fix? I'd rather not have to dremel away any of the mountain if I don't have to.

Thanks!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a564 (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a564 (resized).jpg
#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

What flipper coil is in there for that upper?

It's not the flipper that does it - it's Bigfoot. The coil that operates his "push" is correct: AE26-1200. Odd that it's happened twice in 3 days. I'm thinking that maybe the "log" is at the wrong angle it's launching the ball upward. Or perhaps Bigfoot just doesn't know his own strength?

2 weeks later
#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I am currently running LH6 roms. I will definitely mess with it when I get home this afternoon. Now I am totally 2nd guessing myself about maybe hitting those bounceback targets. However it still doesn't explain why a different lit tarhet would be called out when another target is hit. Pinball, it's great when it is working!

My two cents when solving a similar problem on my WH20: While testing switches during the "switch edge test" make sure that the correct switch number is associated with each switch you test (as found in the manual pages 2-42 and 2-43). I had an issue where switch 48 was registering as switch 68 due to a mis-wiring issue.

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

No that piece of metal is a knockout piece off the back of a card slot on a pc. Totally missing the original bracket

Re-read post #4582. You have everything you need.

2 weeks later
#4638 4 years ago
Quoted from Willys45:

Chrome w/ mirror blades. White mountains which I like but some people are iffy on the color.[quoted image]

I don't know if I'd would ever go with white mountains or a chrome coin door.... but that looks spectacular.

I get that a lot of purists would just stay with warm white lighting or incandescents (I get it), but you were really able to get all of the colors out of the translate. What did you use there? Mine still looks fairly "yellowish", even with cool comet 2smd lighting.

2 months later
#4796 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Im getting constant vuk ball lock whitsle and kick up with no balls in the lock.
Replaced few opto's , no help.

Mine does the same thing. During gameplay it will occasionally do it's "whistle and kick" a couple times in succession with no balls in the VUK. All other gameplay is normal, including ball lock and multiball operation.

Did you ever find the solution?

3 months later
#5166 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Anyone put spotlights in their game? I'm looking at putting some more in and looking for good locations. Right now I just have two on the right sling. I may be able to put two on the left sling if I slightly move the Insanity falls ramp. Feel like I remember seeing some spotlights on the boulders or on the Insanity falls cliff.

I've got a pair on the right sling, and a pair at insanity falls.

IMG_5477 (resized).jpgIMG_5477 (resized).jpg
#5171 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Just did the install. Love all this extra light![quoted image]

I see you went with the mirror blades as well. I tend to prefer them (slightly) over the art blades. They help add some depth and "dazzle" to the playfiled. In a lineup, they help tie all the machines together IMO.

#5172 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Love the apron cards , can you share?

They were one of the few things that came with my pin that I didn't change. I have custom cards on all of my pins, some that I have made, some from other sources like here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5153032
or here
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/index.htm

1 week later
#5186 3 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Please help.
When the ball enters No Way Out and the VUK kicks the ball up and out, sometimes the sound signaling the presence of another ball happens and the VUK fires. Sometimes it will happen only one or twice. Other times it keeps repeating this cycle.
When I am in switch test mode, all sets of optos register separately. What would be your next step to trouble shoot it?
Thanks.

I just fixed this same issue on mine.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-random-phantom-balls-in-the-vuk-to-the-upper-pf#post-5771028

The key to finding the problem was to play the game with the glass off, and rolling the ball through all the switches until I found the one that falsely triggered the VUK.

2 months later
#5287 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

This is where I’m lost. So the part I “reflowed” (see picture) isn’t the same as what you are referencing correct?
Bulb is good, tested in another slot.

Incorrect. look closely at the circuit board once you've removed it. Look at the traces on the circuit board and you will notice that one trace coming from the bulb socket is connected to all the other bulb sockets. That trace is not the problem. The OTHER trace coming from the bad bulb socket will lead to a pin where the wire connector attaches to the board. That is most likely the culprit. Reflow solder there. You might as well reflow to all of them while you're at it though (reheat the connection to liquify the solder, you don't need to add solder in most cases).

2 months later
#5478 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Where is this reorchestration file available from? Is this one of the two available to download on the Pinsound site? Thanks for any help.

Yes,

You can download the files, unzip them, and listen to the music to see what you think.

With Pinsound you can load both the original and reorchestration sounds into your pin. You can even switch between the two when the game is playing. I have a Getaway with 6 different sound packages in it (5 of which I made).

#5486 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Ok I got it straightened out. The problem I had was a feed problem. First of all I should have never had more than one ball in the VUK at a time. The reason that I was getting two in there stemmed from a jam in the lock trough. (This flippin game is so touchy). If the VUK plunger is just slightly too low, the balls in the trough (all three in) push too far into the VUK (because the ball in VUK is too low allowing the next ball to protrude too far into the loaded VUK) this causes a jam when the VUK fires allowing another ball to jump in the VUK. Now the VUK has to shoot two balls out instead of one. It will eventually clear itself now. What I had to do was raise the VUK plunger about 1/4 of an inch so all three balls are perfectly aligned. That will allow the lock/vuk to operate in a normal sequence firing one ball up at a time. I used a small piece of two sided tape on the plunger return bumper.

Is this the area for your adjustment?

Bull 50.pdfBull 50.pdf
1 month later
#5570 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Anyone have the shaker motor that piggy backs off the pimsound board? I was thinking about getting one and was curious how the intergragration was.

It doesn't look like anyone has posted a shaker program for W2H0 yet. You can create your own... the shaker can be programmed to activate when certain sounds or events occur during the game. https://www.pinsound.org/motion-control-shaker/

I have a PinSound shaker in my Getaway... and I'm very happy with it.

5 months later
#6006 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Any idea what the "install 5 ball" option does in the settings and if there are any benefits to it?
Thanks!

A game lasts longer and you'll have more progress... Not sure what you're asking that's not obvious.

#6012 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Thank you for your nice, patient, and detailed explanation. I searched, but hopefully someone will come back to this with the same question and see your answer. Is there any site or reference where all the settings are documented? Like install extra easy does exactly……
Thanks again.

The explanations of all the settings are in the manual. The settings for "extra easy, easy, etc. are on page 1-19.

If you don't have a manual you can download it here.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2768

4 weeks later
#6038 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Thanks for the input. I love what Pinsound does for Doctor Who and was hoping it would be equally impressive for WWH2O, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I have the Pinsound in mine with the newly recorded (stereo) re-orchestrations of all the music. I love it.

#6047 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Anywhere online where one can here the new music and callouts? I didn't realize that this had finally been finished. Great to hear (so to speak)

I don't know if there is an easy way to hear the new orchestration other than going to the Pinsound website and downloading the original and new orchestrations. If you a select any random music track from each, play them and compare (just on your computer) I think you will find that the new reorchestration is a MASSIVE upgrade... and I'm not even an audio guy and I was pretty happy with the orginal.

If you need some specific instructions, just send me a PM. I'm happy to walk you through it.

#6052 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My God. If that is it, I can't believe anyone would prefer it. Those voices sound so "fake" to me having played the game for years. It just sounds like a cheesy voice over. Ugh.
I'm all about mods, but this one is an easy pass from me. Even my kid who was sitting next to me as I played that started laughing.

A sound package contains 4 folders in Pinsound. Music, voices, sound effects and "jingles". Each folder contains all the sound files. You can easily create you own sound package by selecting only certain folders or sounds. In other words, if you want the new stereo music files but are used to the original call-outs, you just switch the folders. If you want change a sound effect you can install your own .wav file in it's place.

BTW, I didn't like the voice files at first either. But they grew on me.

5 months later
#6446 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:Could you explain how you did this? My whirlwind ramp from Starship has the same issue with the flasher dome clips popping out, and it drives me crazy. I'm too nervous to really do any permanent filing or grinding to the ramp without knowing exactly what I'd need to do.

I used this. It holds really well, but you can remove it in the future if you really need to. Think of it as industrial rubber cement.

goop (resized).pnggoop (resized).png

#6476 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, I got the machine all back together...and now 2 new problems...
Not sure what the best thing is to do with these issues. Ball gets stuck trying to enter the whirlpool, and then, even when I push it through, the ball gets stuck again inside the bottom of the funnel.
Obviously, it's a problem if the funnel isn't wide enough for a ball to get through. And it's not due to moisture on my playfield.
Suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image]

Look under the playlfield. I think your funnel is not seated correctly.

#6480 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

It all looks correct and is straight and lines up properly. If I force the ball through the funnel it goes through the subway correctly. For the funnel, I guess I can dremmel out some of the inside of the funnel at the bottom and it probably wont be able to be seen.
Maybe for the entrance to the funnel I can add some washers to where if is connected to the upper playfield, though I don't know if that will be enough. I could dremmel out a notch into the bottom of the uppel-to-lower ramp but that would probably look ugly.
I thought that I was almost done, now I'm going to need to tear it all back down again...sigh.

I don't have my game in front of me, but when I re-ramped mine I think I had the same problem. As I recall the end of the funnel fits through a circuit board "donut" for the whirlpool lights. On mine, the funnel was hung up on the circuit board instead of passing through it... or something like that... it was years ago.

#6491 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Do you even need the escape routes? I’m not sure about other people, but the ball always makes the full journey down the waterfall ramp if I hit it hard enough to reach the summit. I’ve never had a ball dribble out an escape lane. Maybe you won’t need to alter them?

Ditto. On my game I've never had the ball roll out of the "escape spot". It always makes it to the end of the ramp (left flipper).

5 months later
#6842 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I have the white mountain set here as well as a the brown one. Still on the fence about which way to go.

Maybe this will help:
Who goes white water rafting in the snow?
It's a Bigfoot, not a Yeti.
All the artwork in the center of the playfield, the translite, the topper, and the outside of the cabinet include brown rocks.

But hey - it's your game... do whatever floats your boat... er ... raft.

#6846 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I think your lack of outdoor experiences and geographical travel are showing here.

Maybe true, but year's ago I went on a family weekend rafting trip down the South fork of the American River in the Sierra Mountains. We rafted past Sutter's Mill and the Marshall gold discovery site that started the American Gold Rush. The American River does have class II to class VI rapids along it's journey although we didn't go through the class V or class VI areas. Rafting tours are April - October in case anyone is interested: https://blog.aorafting.com/california-rafting-season-update/. Great fun... I even remember our guide's name ("Aurie" ... not "Willy" unfortunately).

Playing WH2O always reminds me of that trip. There's even a section called "Barking Dog" and "Deadman's Drop" on the South fork, which of course sounds like "Disaster Drop".

And the "Tunnel Chute" on the Middle Fork is fairly iconic:

when you get to it, it almost looks like there's no way out.

3 months later
#7107 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Model train stores should have them.

I reluctantly added trees to mine just to see how it would look - I used glue that will allow me to remove them once I come back to my senses.

A few thoughts:
1. I made them different heights - they look a (little) more natural that way IMO
2. I like that they're scaled small - it makes the rock formations look larger
3. I kept them on the lower areas - I think it makes the upper areas to appear to be "above the timber line", which again is a scale thing.
4. They hide the missing mountain mod's "featureless" surface, which has always bugged me a little.

My four cents.

IMG_2871 (resized).jpgIMG_2871 (resized).jpgIMG_2873 (resized).jpgIMG_2873 (resized).jpg

#7112 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:I tried to use gorilla glue spray but it ended up clumping up and looking terrible. I am going to clear coat them this time.

I used triple thick clear spray on them prior to putting them in the game. I have't had any "particles" shed from them (and it's been about 6 months since they were installed).

#7115 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Looks awesome. Do you recall where to picked up the missing mountain mod? Does it fit nicely and have the same color as the skull mountain? Thx

I don't recall where I picked up the missing mountain mod (I'm sure someone else will chime in here), but I painted them both to match the color of the boulders in my game. The colors were way off and very sloppy on both of them. yzfguy posted a method using a furniture touch-up marker in this tread which looks nice as well (even though he "humbugged" my trees! ha ha).

#7116 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Any idea what kind of clear coat? Like a clear marine varnish?

I just used Krylon triple thick glaze. But you could use just about anything. Maybe even hairspray.

1 week later
#7133 1 year ago
Quoted from DarlingLuci:

Checked.That part is new and unbroken. Thanks

If you put it into switch edge test, what are you getting for switch 61? Assuming a closed switch there, take the balls out and check the status of the trough and lock switches.

3 months later
#7339 12 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Does anyone have an unused Lower to Upper / Spine Chiller ramp with decals from Starship Fantasy? Maybe you didn’t need the full set
[quoted image]

Marco has it
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PR170

2 weeks later
#7368 11 months ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Greetings Everyone,
I recenelty picked up a White Water and was seeing if anyone had some insight on the minor problems I've been having. For starters Switch 46 Left Ramp, 54 Lower Jet, 55 Right Jet, 58 Big Foot Cave, and F3 L Flipper E.O.S are showing up as errors on startup, other than that I'm getting no errors. I'm not sure if any of these switch errors play any part to my current issues.
Water Flipper Sound When Flipping[quoted image]

Sounds like you have a bad (or mis-wired) diode somewhere. Maybe at the Extra Ball target (intersection of column 5 and row 4). I suggest putting it in test mode and trip each switch individually to see if other switches are registering. A pattern should emerge....

That could also be the cause of your canyon entrance switch problem.

#7371 11 months ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Thanks for the reply! What makes you feel it's the extra ball diode? I'm wondering if I fix all the bad switches the issues would be solved ?

If there are a lot of switches out all at once, that suggests a problem in the switch matrix. The only one that would commonly throw an error is #58, since it isn't activated in game play very often.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider estroh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=estroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.