Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1566 8 years ago

Pinwiki has very good steps for diagnosing switch matrix issues, try to follow those steps.

First determine whether it is a board issue or play field issue by following their steps.

#1570 8 years ago

Do the jumper test between the column & row connectors as described on pinwiki:

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Switch_Problems

4.20.3 Switch Matrix Problems

Isolate the problem to the MPU or to the game wiring/diodes/switches

#1572 8 years ago

Do you have a logic probe?

#1575 8 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I do not. What kind and brand should I get? Is this something I will need to test the MPU board out?

Hmm, since it is not detecting any column strobes on J209-9 then I guess you should test for continuity from pin 8 on U19 to that pin. Look at the diagram on pinwiki, there is a diode D10 and resistor R65 along that path.

I tried jumpering to that pin on mine and switches on the bottom row closed.

#1578 8 years ago

Getting beyond my skill to help... pinballrehab.com has some instructions on testing using a logic probe when an entire row is out. Might want to start a new topic to get more experienced help!

4 weeks later
#1732 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Are any of the old mountains salvageable? I need the one that covers up the R-I-V-E-R area.

I have all the old boulders, previous owner replaced mine with a new set. I'll check at home whether that one is in good shape & let you know.

1 year later
#2729 6 years ago

I tried to fix my ball hangups last night. I have the rubber on the VUK wireform and pushed the Cliffy up against the ramp so there is no ridge. Sadly I am still getting ball hangups. The reason is that the ball guide and ramp edge don't line up so the ball hangs up against the edge of the ball guide.

Has anyone bent the ball guide to fix this? Looks like 2-3 mm would fix it.

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I tried to fix my ball hangups last night. I have the rubber on the VUK wireform and pushed the Cliffy up against the ramp so there is no ridge. Sadly I am still getting ball hangups. The reason is that the ball guide and ramp edge don't line up so the ball hangs up against the edge of the ball guide.
Has anyone bent the ball guide to fix this? Looks like 2-3 mm would fix it.

I have decided to drill another hole in the ball guide mounting tab beside the existing hole. This will shift the ball guide a few mm and in my tests eliminates ball hangups. I'll drill & reinstall tonight.

3 years later
#5732 2 years ago

Spent a few hours disassembling the upper playfield area where the ball infamously gets stuck. I filled the lower ball guide hole with epoxy filler and re-drilled a new hole, so now the ball guide and ramp line up. My ramp and cliffy line up so there is no gap between them on the bottom. Still, I had the ball get stuck!

For me, it just sits near the end of the plastic ramp. Not on the gap. That spot is pretty much flat left-to-right so it just seems to hang up there if it loses momentum.

I'm going to add another little rubber to the VUK to see if that reduces the number of slow balls that get hung up. I've got a rubber on the left side now.

Any other ideas? Almost like I need to make a little bump-out in that area so it'll roll either left or right rather than just park there.

#5736 2 years ago

Switches require different force depending on the model of switch. Wonder if it was replaced with a higher force one.

Long thread about different switch options here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cherry-microswitches-in-wms-games

Pinball Life even has some original Cherry switches: https://www.pinballlife.com/da3-switch-body.html

1 month later
#5892 2 years ago
Quoted from RusticatedBelt:

I’ve actually been working on recreating Light Boards, ready to send them for PCB manufacturing after I understand that process. You could skip that however by wiring/mapping individual sockets; boards aren’t necessary, with the whirlpool board as an exception maybe.
Download the guide and parts list from IPDB if you haven’t already. Be warned there are a few components missing in those guides. I’d go ahead and order a fresh Mirco playfield now to use as a template though. That was my first order of business.

I'm a noob at this but was able to recreate the flashlamp speaker panel board for my #BSD using KiCad off a scan of the original board and some caliper work. Made the lamp holes a little tight but otherwise it was perfect. HEP even used one in his latest restore!

Super cheap to have made too! I did mine at https://jlcpcb.com

1 year later
#7092 1 year ago

Noticed Bigfoot's head was moving slowly then got a 'bigfoot error'. Looked at Bi-Directional Motor Drive Board for Bally/Williams Machines - A-15680/A-14768 and C2 had failed and leaked electrolyte on the board.

Removed impacted components and cleaned and scraped traces with a fibreglass pen. Minimal trace damage thankfully. Covered up the scraped traces with conformal coating from a bottle.

Got to try out my Hakko FR-301 desoldering gun -- WORTH IT. Put in a socket for the LM339. I ended up cutting the pins with a little fine-toothed saw as part of the removal, maybe a Dremel with a cut-off wheel would work better.

A few bucks in parts from digikey and I'm back in business, working well. Ordered a backup board just in case.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=dr_nybble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.