Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#277 10 years ago

I'm in the club now. Got my Wh20 last week. Lots of work needed, but already tearing into it. Cab is shot, topper is missing, pf is dirty. But I've managed to get all switches working, and am starting the restore process.

Not sure if I'll get the color DMD, as I'd rather have one for creech. However, the DMD has a few lines out, so if someone wants to sell me there used DMD when they replace it, drop me a line.

2 months later
#359 10 years ago

Just starting to tear down the pf. I've heard it's not much fun, but am looking forward to seeing how it all comes apart. Any good tips specific to this machine when doing a tear down? How about anything to look out for, or to add while in process?

I'm also getting to use my new rotisserie for the first time. Built it out of 80/20 so I can completely disassemble and store when not in use. Seems like it will be a lot better then working in the machine.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#363 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

It's a lot easier than most claim. Just take your time. Aside from the interconnected ramps there's not many parts ... So tears down is pretty quick compared to pins with a ton of little parts.
If you need a specific photo I have some pretty good clear shots of everything.
Brian

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Yup. That's what I found as well.
There's a pretty important tear-down picture in the instruction manual, it really helps when taking off the upper PF. If you don't have a manual just let me know and I'll try to scan it.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I've done TAF previously (complete tear down) and didn't think it was hard, so hoping this goes the same. I'll check the manual for the upper pf removal. If I happen to need any more pics/info I'll let you know.

1 week later
#371 10 years ago

Managed to get everything off the top side of the pf. Not sure if I'll take everything off the bottom, or not. Any pros or cons to doing this?

The topside is dirty, so I'll clean that up. I also took all the Mylar off. I'll have some quality time with some goo gone tomorrow night.

I would love to have a new micro pf, but not sure I want to put that much money into the machine, as I already have plans for replacing the cabinet. image.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#378 10 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Managed to get everything off the top side of the pf. Not sure if I'll take everything off the bottom, or not. Any pros or cons to doing this?
The topside is dirty, so I'll clean that up. I also took all the Mylar off. I'll have some quality time with some goo gone tomorrow night.
I would love to have a new micro pf, but not sure I want to put that much money into the machine, as I already have plans for replacing the cabinet.

image.jpg 223 KB

I've been cleaning pop's and flipper mechs. Managed to get all of the glue from the mylar removed and did a quick clean of ground in dirt.

Still debating pulling everything off from the underside, but it seems like it may be a nightmare to get everything back in the right location. But, having everything off would make it a lot easier to work with. I'm contemplating trying my hand a touch up. I've got access to some great automotive clear coat at work, so would like the pf to look nice before doing this.

My shipment from Pinball Life should be here this week, so that will give me a bunch more work to complete.

1 month later
#437 10 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I've been cleaning pop's and flipper mechs. Managed to get all of the glue from the mylar removed and did a quick clean of ground in dirt.
Still debating pulling everything off from the underside, but it seems like it may be a nightmare to get everything back in the right location. But, having everything off would make it a lot easier to work with. I'm contemplating trying my hand a touch up. I've got access to some great automotive clear coat at work, so would like the pf to look nice before doing this.
My shipment from Pinball Life should be here this week, so that will give me a bunch more work to complete.

I've finally managed to get the upper pf sanded/masked/painted from the previous hack repair--lots of thanks to Vid for all the great tips. I just got a couple of good layers of clear on it today (working at a paint shop is great). I'll get a decent buff & polish put on next week, and then should finally start to get it put together. I miss getting to play it....

photo 1-6.JPGphoto 1-6.JPG
photo 3-2.JPGphoto 3-2.JPG

8 months later
#569 9 years ago

From the manual, it says it's transistor Q48.

I don't have a picture of the board, but this will be located on power driver board, and should be somewhere in the transitor bank above connector J125 or J127

1 year later
#1906 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just need to know where to get these connectors and pins.

Great Plains Electronics will have everything you need. Great place to deal with.

#1908 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Anyone know what size pins and connectors?

Yes, they are 0.100"

6 months later
#2249 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Would anyone be willing to send pics of the top of their backbox with a few measurements of what gets cut out? I have the metal plate that goes in front, just not sure how exactly to cut a standard backbox to covert to wh2o.
Thanks!

Check your PM. I sent some of my old one before replacing the cabinet.

3 months later
#2457 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

which way is correct? Or does it even matter?

It's the same either way. If you check them for continuity, you'll find that they're the exact same

1 year later
#3776 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

There was a white water topper for sale for 2 hours earlier today.
Anyone know what it went for?

Yeah, I picked up the topper alone for 125. I was first in line for the topper and boards too, but didn’t need the boards, and there was a little more bubbling on that one. So, I passed to the next in line.

Both good guys to deal with, and reasonable prices, considering the rarity of the toppers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

17,250 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=djblouw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.