IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0487.jpeg
IMG_5767.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I pulled up an old article that bryan_kelly was mentioning Painter's Touch #1927... but I can’t seem to find it love any help cheers!

I guess they don't make that one anymore. Try Deep Blue. I think that's a bit closer than 1927.

1 week later
#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey fellow rafters need your help, the coin door interlock on a white water is the stacked double switch right? My had been pirated so can’t tell.
[quoted image]

Nope. Just the single.

2 weeks later
#3269 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Ok...what’s the trick to getting bulbs out of the topper. I have 3 over them burnt out, and they are super snug. I can’t get them pulled out, as I am being overly cautious to not have hand slip and hit the plastic topper. Any suggestions?

If you've got a spare shooter tip, slide that over the bulb and pull.

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Did you use Purple Power on the bigfoot fur? Any issue with it? I am a big fan of purple power but I am a little afraid to use on bigfoot since he is irreplaceable.
FYI, several posts back someone was asking about flue for the bigfoot fur onto the hands. I found a really good fabric glue at Home Depot. Believe it was in same section as gorilla glue, locktight, etc.

I always used Purple Power on cleaning Big Foots. Just rinse well. I also used to use contact cement to reattach his fur.

3 weeks later
#3329 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Nope. I’ve ledocd and giocd in my whitewater.
Still have incandescents on the topper, some flashers on the playfield , and all flashers in the backbox.
LEDs in the topper look aweful

Agreed. Led's simply don't work in the topper. They also are not affected by the OCD board.

2 months later
#3578 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Curios: why there are 2 down votes on drfrightner game?

Just because it has the word water in the name, doesn't mean you need to make everything blue....especially the translite.

That's all I'm going to say.

#3630 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

It is a little bit lame

You said it, not me.

4 weeks later
#3766 5 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Hello. New owner here. Does anyone know where this piece goes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Doesn't look like anything I've ever seen in any game.

Looks like part of a wireform.

#3782 5 years ago
Quoted from guido:

[quoted image]
They are the 194 ones.

Yes.

1 month later
#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So the wife has made it clear that she does not like the red bulbs in the whirlpool. She insists they should be blue.
What do you guys suggest I use for blue in the pool? blue covers, blue frosted LEDs?
And is there an easy way to change out these bulbs or am I looking a tear out of the ramps?
TIA

You get to the light board from the underside. You just need to remove the subway. Take a look. You'll see.

1 week later
#3978 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Killing time on the runway, late last night while playing I noticed my slings and pops are not working. Everything else seems to be working 100%. I didn’t have time to check anything, but my initial thought is that a fuse must have blown. I just reviewed the fuse section in the manual but didn’t see a specific fuse pointing to the slings and pops.
Does anyone know off hand if one specific fuse is controlling this and if so which one?

The slings and pops are solenoids 10-14 and connect at J-127. Not sure which fuse it is, but I'd say you have one blown.

#3989 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So I checked all the fuses, no issues. Reseated the cable for J127 and no change. Confirmed that none of those solenoids fire in test mode.
Thoughts on what to look at next?

Did you pull the fuse and check with a meter?

3 months later
#4261 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Anyone know what screws hold the right ramp onto the upper pf? Mine are missing.[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/ramp-screw.html

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I'm thinking that the raised fins on the up kicker are stopping the ball from centering itself on the upkicker

That could be the issue. If one or more of the fins are worn or broken, the ball will not be centered and may not kick out.

#4277 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Ok what’s the trick to getting out the whirlpool ramp? I need to put two screws into the ramp underneath it and can’t get this thing off for anything. It appears attached to the upper playfield somehow?

You need to remove the upper playfield. The ramp is attached to the underside.

2 months later
#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I've had my WH2O torn down for far too long (over a year). It's a re-import from Denmark that I've had for 15 years. I finally decided to do a thorough shop job (not a restore) to get rid of the smoke smell (yes still). I took the playfield and all the boards out. I'm in the process of putting the boards back in the head. Is it best to test the boards first without connecting any harnesses/ribbon cables and then slowly add everything back in? I have switch & lamp matrix testers that I got last black friday so it seems like it would be best to test that way first. I searched the forums but didn't find anything that described a systematic approach like this.

What I like to do is hook everything up except the playfield. Most issues I've had have been playfield related. There are two harnesses from the cabinet, one is power from the transformer (you'll need that for anything to work) and the other is to all the cabinet components (you'll need that for the coin door switches to work for testing).

You'll need the speaker panel with display hooked up.

You'll need the ribbon cables hooked up as they send signals between the boards.

Lastly, there's a smaller cable that connects power between all the boards. You'll need that too.

3 months later
#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

What is the best way to reattach them?[quoted image]

Contact cement.

4 months later
#5068 3 years ago

I've got a CPR plastic set for sale. $140 shipped.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/whitewater/

Also Mantis ramp protectors. $30 shipped.

https://mantispinball.com/product/whitewater-protector-set/

Added over 4 years ago:

Parts are sold.

1 week later
#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Appreciate the help. Does anyone have a picture of the part attached in the trough? I can’t seem to find it in the manual.
Does the part go where the tiny holes are circled in the attached picture? [quoted image]

It's this one, I think.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6542

3 weeks later
#5161 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

My wh20 has the a wrinkle in to foil topper which seems kinda common, how do ppl address this? I was thinking about a heat gun and going slow?

Bubble or wrinkle? If it's a wrinkle, I don't think there's much you can do, unless it's minor.

If it's a bubble, take a razor and cut a small slit in the foil going parallel to the grain. Heat with a heat gun/hair dryer and smooth out. Without the slit, the air has nowhere to go.

#5179 3 years ago
Quoted from DocFinlay:

New Whitewater owner here, so help me out please (referencing previous post-same issue I think). The machine is generally in great shape, but as I was taking it apart to put on new rings I was confused with the area called "jet arena" just off Boulder Garden. The post and ring arrangement doesn't match the owners manual nor the operators manual (which actually don't match each other either). It seems like the ball should be allowed to pass thru from boulder garden to jet arena. I'm guessing they should have post rings rather then a ring stretched across the opening between the 2 pop bumpers. Maybe the previous owners modified this area? Please help. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

It can be done either way. The way you show it simply prevents right side drains. I prefer the single post rings.

2 months later
#5247 3 years ago

I've got a new set of boulders/mountains for sale, if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-wh2o-repro-boulder-set

2 weeks later
#5269 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Looking for some advice...
Is this zero clearance normal?[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you install new ramps and/or mountains and boulders? Ramps are thicker and also the boulders.

If so, you may have to shave off some of the mountains on top. Grind, file...what ever it takes.

Big Foot is no issue if his fur touches the glass.

1 week later
#5279 3 years ago

I've seen that before but I don't think it goes in a WH2O.

It almost looks like a wrench.

2 months later
#5433 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Do whatever you enjoy to your pins, but please make sure these sorts of mods are easily reversible so whoever buys games from you can return them to looking how they were intended.

The worst part is, some think their mods add value to their games and they want a premium when they sell.

I mean....everyone should love what I've done!

In reality, it devalues their game cause it's going to cost time and money to get it back to original.

#5446 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Personally, I don't care what someone else does to their own game. It's theirs, not mine. It doesn't affect my game in any way. If they're happy, who cares what anyone else thinks, let them be happy with what they've done.

All true, until you ask me what I think. Then all bets are off.

2 weeks later
#5484 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So it sounds like a geometry issue with the alignment of the VUK to the wireform. I will look into that today. I can test any alterations by throwing in two balls to see how it discharges them. I will post up my findings. Thanks Guys!

Does the plunger have a cup like this on the end?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8561

If it does, make sure all four fingers are there. If one is missing, the ball will not center itself and won't exit the scoop cleanly.

1 month later
#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Check it out! My wife is pretty creative and made me these target decals! I’m thinking about having her design them for several other pins!

REVIR?

#5607 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

If you read it the other way, it spells RIVER. The stickers match the letters on the playfield.

Hah. Totally missed that.

1 month later
6 months later
#6155 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

The electrician who put the outlets in my garage replaced the plug with a 220 volt plug, then plugged it into the wall. I didn’t know he did it until after I turned it on and heard a pop. So it blew something. I’m just trying to find what it blew because I haven’t had to deal with power issues before. Still rather noob and had my pins stored for the past few years and just getting back into them.

There seems to be a lot of confusion here as to exactly what the electrician did. For clarification, the outlet is on the wall and the plug is what's on the pin. You can't replace a plug with a 220 volt and be able to plug it into the outlet, unless the outlet was also changed to the same configuration.

You need to determine what voltage your outlets are that were installed by the electrican. The plug you showed earlier is nothing but a 20 amp 125 volt twist lock plug. A bit overkill for residential use, but there's nothing wrong with it. He may have changed the pin outlets to this configuration so that you couldn't plug anything else into that circuit....just the pins.

Get a meter and measure what you have at the outlets. Or, check the breaker he installed and see if it's a single pole or two pole. Pole would be 120 volts and a two pole would be 220.

1 month later
#6200 2 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

What would be the easiest way to fix this? I bought a new set of boulders earlier this year, but unfortunately this sign got struck by an air ball and snapped in half. I still have my old boulder with an intact sign, but I don't have any riveting equipment or experience. I could try Scigrip, but you'd still be able to see a crack where it broke apart.
[quoted image]

If you want, you can ship them both to me and I'll take care of it for you.

No charge.

1 month later
#6268 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Shenanigander ... I too watched your video. Looking forward to following your restore.
BTW: My WH20 topper does not have the mirrored type adhesive film under topper. However, my FishTales and my spare old original WH2O dome, white plastic decal back mount and original metal etched decal, both have the mirrored adhesive film under it. I may source that mirrored film out out and install it in my WH20. It may give more waterfall light effect in topper.

The metal foil tape heating contractors use to wrap seams in ductwork works great.

#6286 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

A thread search can be helpful...
All this will do is light up more of your ceiling... 99 out 100 games dont have this tape anymore. The original glue dried up from heat and the tape fell off within a few months of the game being unboxed.
[quoted image]
amazon.com link »

I've restored maybe a dozen WH2O's over the years and everyone of them had the tape installed and intact.

#6293 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Wow! After doing mine once I think I am good for life on wh2o's Good to know about foil tape attached to the head. I will have to check mine. Did any have the foil in the dome ceiling? I think you suggested foil tape as an option before. Did you ever foil up a dome ceiling?

I remember a couple with the foil in the top of the dome. I suppose many could have been replaced and no operator was going through the trouble of installing new foil.

I chose not to try it either. Looked like too much of a bitch.

3 months later
#6621 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Where did you order the trees from? Look great

To use a Gomez Addams quote from TAF...."NO NO NO!"

8 months later
#7138 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks. Who reproed these?

I thought it was Starship Fantasy but I could be wrong.

1 month later
#7266 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Does anyone know if Pinbits ever made it back to life? I ordered orange plastic protectors for the boulders a year or more ago, but they never responded. I paid for them tho!

Type pinbits.com into your browser.

I'd say you're screwed.

1 week later
#7296 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogroar:

Quick question: this should be straight, right?
[quoted image]

Yes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=bryan_kelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.