Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1940 7 years ago

Hi All,
I'm the proud owner of a Whitewater since about four weeks, it's such a cool game, I am, however, noticing that sometimes during multiball too many balls get into the upkicker and then the coil is not strong enough to kick more than one ball up onto the upper playfield. I've even had three balls in there during Whitewater muliball. Of course when it happens I need to stop the game and pull the balls out with a magnet. I have not yet made an archeological expedition under the upper playfield and I can't really tell from the manual if there is a mechanism which should prevent this and is maybe damaged. Has anybody had this and what was the fix ?

2 years later
#3636 5 years ago

I had a small divot where the ball hits the playfield under the VUK with the occasional ball hangup so I put in the cliffy there. Put a touch of 2K filler in the divot. I put a bit of cardboard under the ramp leading from spine chiller so it was higher than the cliffy. When I tried it the first time I was half way expecting that lovely clinking sound of metal against metal, but what I got was a ball hitting a hard surface and bouncing. So the ball bounces I think around twice or so and then rolls down to the upper pf. This means it needs slightly longer to reach the upper playfield. So I put a coin size piece of mylar right under the VUK thinking it might dampen the impact a bit, but if anything it slowed it down a bit more with no perceivable reduction of the bouncing. The ball even got stuck once on the mylar, I’ll probably peel it off again.

I reckon I’ll get used to the bouncing and the slight delay (it still feels kind of funny, though), but I was wondering if anyone else has had this and if yes I’d like to hear your thoughts and/or actions.

#3640 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I have a few really detailed posts in this thread about that area if you want to search for them. In a nutshell, you shouldn't be getting a lot of bouncing and I wonder if your VUK is positioned correctly. Where I always got hangups (on the two different WH2Os I've owned) was between the ramp and the playfield, right before the spot where the Cliffy goes. When everything is set up right, I've found that you don't need a lot of unorthodox modification in that area (spacers, cardboard, mylar, rubber on the VUK bracket to stop spin). I think it was designed right from the get go but when you start fooling with that area its easy to get off track. Reproduction ramps are thicker than the originals and that causes part of the issue. I had to do some filing and smoothing of the edge of the ramp but otherwise mine has the Cliffy and that's it.

Thank you for your comments. I searched this thread for “cliffy” before I posted, but I’ll have another look. The only hangups I was getting were directly on the divot. This is why the cliffy appealed to me. The ramp on my game was slightly higher than the playfield, but it was slightly lower than the top of the cliffy, this is why I raised the ramp. The horizontal gap is maybe 4mm. Not sure how I could put in the VUK differently as there are two screws on the pf and a hole on the popper to align the input end, but I’ll look. Since you are not getting bouncing, clearly something is different.

#3644 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Could it be that the bondo is so hard that you've created a situation where the ball is more prone to bounce?

That thought crossed my mind. It would suggest tha the cliffy would need to deform slightly to reduce bounce. It’s fairly thick, though, seems unlikely it should work like that. And the Cliffy homepage recommends to fill the divot.

2 months later
#3943 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So the wife has made it clear that she does not like the red bulbs in the whirlpool. She insists they should be blue.

I used 3 white frosted and 3 blue frosted (each grouped together in 3er bundles) so generally one white bulb and one blue bulb is on. It creates kind of a frothing effect - like whitewater.

I usually try to keep my games as original as possible, but I never liked the red.

#3946 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

That sounds pretty cool any chance you have pic of vid of this? I like the idea actually.

I‘ll try that tomorrow when I‘m back in the house.

#3949 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

That sounds pretty cool any chance you have pic of vid of this? I like the idea actually.

I could not figure out a way to make a video which resembles what the eye sees.

4 months later
#4208 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I played with both setups extensively. The game plays way better with out the post and rubber inside the boulders. Take them out, put a piece of Mylar over the screw hole where the post was, and never look back

Don‘t you get a lot of right outlane drains? I have been thinking lately about taking the rubber out. This has been discussed at various places in this thread.

What does puzzle me a bit is that there seems to be two switches behind the rubber above the right outline. This little lane is pretty much blocked off because of the rubber so balls only go in there from below on strange bounces. How come the game never gives an error at start up because these switches are rarely activated?

2 weeks later
#4323 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Finally finished stripping down my whitewater, removed the mylar, and am now starting the process of putting everything back together.
Removing Mylar is easy with the freeze spray method on this machine. Removing the mylar glue afterwards? nightmarish.
After disassembling and re-assembling 10 games in the past year in the process of shopping them out, this one is the #1 most difficult one to shop.
I'm excited to put the new (to me) ramps and mountains back on. This is actually turning out real nice.

I notice in your picture you‘ve removed the larger rubber ring on the two posts next to the rightmost bumpers and put small rings on each. It seems to me some folks here have recommended to remove the posts entirely and cover the holes with small circles of mylar. I‘m thinking about removing the large ring on my game, now you‘ve presented a further alternative. Was it a conscious choice on your part to leave the posts in?

10 months later
#5146 3 years ago

that's funny, my gate was missing, too. Balls kept hopping back to the bottom of the trough until I made a gate. I like that wire bending tool, I'll have to look for one (or make it myself).

1 year later
#5989 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

This game have lots of GI dimming for different modes and disabling that will give you a lesser pinball experience imo.

After reading these posts I thought I should have a few games to watch for dimming. I checked the settings as well and dimming is enabled. The GI lights blink, but I didn‘t really notice any dimming. I have all LEDs in the GI, I‘ve never noticed ghosting. I probably shouldn‘t be asking this question because if somebody points it out it‘ll bug me afterwards when I see it in the game - but when is this dimming occuring?

#5994 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Leds cannot dim by default. You have to turn off dimming and attract mode power saving mode otherwise leds will just flicker.

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

To sum it up for GI, either:

thanks for these infos. I will need to investigate this on my game. I have amassed a large collection of incandescent bulbs so I can pick out the brightest ones.

I‘m not sure it‘s entirely true that LEDs don‘t dim, but I realize that due to their faster response time they may appear to blink or flicker while an incandescent bulb may indeed appear to dim. I will need to try the dimming function (setting 1-8) in the menu to see what effect this has on LEDs.

Why disable the dim function ? At worst the LEDs will blink (I noticed in particular the LEDs behind the river standups blink, but it‘s not irritating (even if it‘s not necessarily Mr. Nordman‘s intention…). If there is ghosting I have not noticed it.

I do not know if these OCD boards are readily available in EU, I have never seen them for sale, although I have never researched it in depth.

3 weeks later
#6030 2 years ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

You all have short Memory's....Way back when and before we had the notion of Shrinkflation, a standard game was 5 Balls.
This way way before WH20 came on the scene.
They went from 5 Balls down to 3 instead of increasing the price...Something of an expensive Coin slot update at the time.
Then came the increases to where we are now $2 for 3 Balls.
I have always had my games on 5 balls and if you think 3 Balls is the norm then you also have no idea of how you have all bean Conned just like what the FED is doing now printing Money back by ZERO.
Time to make a stand against this shit

O h m y G O O D N E S S !!. All these years I have been putting coins (most of my games take German marks) in my games not realizing I have been robbing myself blind because I have them all on three balls (even my EM games !!&$!!). Thanks so much for pointing this out. You really need to go public about this because I’m not sure enough people know. I was completely in the dark.

2 years later
#7640 5 months ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Keep the GI incandescent if you can. Inserts, just color match LEDs. White Water has a lot of really cool GI dimming effects that are completely lost if you install LEDs for general illumination.

I tried this - took out the GI leds and put in incandescents, based on the recommendations somebody in this thread made - maybe it was you? - I agree, the slow dimming effect is cool, with LEDs it‘s more of a flashing effect. The downside is the game is not as bright - when you get used to LEDs in the GI, incandescents just look kind of pale. I went through my box of incandescents and picked out the brightest ones, too. It‘s a bit of a tradeoff, but for now the incandescents are in.

I have not looked into these ocd boards - not sure if they‘re available here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=branlon8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.