Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4656 4 years ago

Looking for a club member willing to leave the club within driving distance of So Cal.

#4668 4 years ago

Hot glue will fix just about anything--which is what it looks like was used.

3 weeks later
#4718 4 years ago

What is the fix for the Lost Mine armature (that doesn't seem to be available anymore--#02-4672)? A real old post I found said to use the upper playfield kick-out armature and cut it down--but did not mention if you would still screw the cup onto the cut-down plastic tip. Any suggestions?

#4720 4 years ago

Thanks, I have not used those guys, I'll give them a try.

#4726 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I have not used them either, I just did a quick search for that part and it showed as available there.

Everything I ordered that was listed as "in stock" on their website was packed and shipped today. Quick and efficient service if nothing else.

#4733 4 years ago

Could someone tell me if the Disaster Drop switch is the one visible in the upper LH corner? I am not registering a lot of loops through here. Thanks.

#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Dip a Q-tip in some alcohol and clean the optos at the entrance to disaster drop. Then go into switch test and test those optos and see if they are registering and then also check the exit switch on disaster drop

Thanks for the answer. I probably inadvertently cleaned the optos yesterday when I cleaned all that I could find while I had the hood up--I'll check them in the switch test.

#4736 4 years ago

So, the parts I ordered from Action Pinball came today, cool. I put the new (and correct) armature into the coil, buttoned everything up and played a game. The optos were not recognizing the ball--no kickout from the Lost Mine. Looked to see what was going on--the "correct" armature was too long and the ball never broke the optos. Weird. So I took it apart and drilled a hole into the old (and shorter) armature, screwed a cap onto the end and so far it works great. Seems all the "incorrect" armature needed was a cap on the end to make it work a lot better. Any ideas of what is going on with this part number--doesn't make a lot of sense unless it is a mistake in the manual.

#4739 4 years ago

So last nite ol' BF stops working right (again), I check the switches and find the one on the ramp has totally broken off. I recall reading about the plastic cover fix, so I spent most of the afternoon dorking with a sheet of lexan cutting it out, sanding, fitting, re-cutting, drilling, etc. Of course the first two broke while cutting--then it's a white-knuckler drilling the holes when you finally do get a good one. First practice hole I drilled shattered a piece of scrap--good thing I got that out of the way. If anyone has a good way to cut this stuff--please LMK.

Works great--well, it did after I soldered the switch wire back on that I broke while maneuvering the assembly around...

Thanks to the Pinsiders who posted this fix previously!
IMG_0034 (resized).jpgIMG_0034 (resized).jpg

#4741 4 years ago

One can only hope...

1 week later
#4767 4 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Wax like carnauba wax? Same stuff used on playfield?

I use Plexus on my ramps and bowl. Any good spray plastic polish/wax will probably do the same job. Honda makes a great spray plastic polish that is a little cheaper. It will add some time to the bowl until the wax wears off, then you hit it with another coat in a week or two. Rinse and repeat...

1 week later
#4779 4 years ago

Cool, glad you liked it. Keep that can handy, as if you want top speed from your ramps and bowl you'll be using it often.

#4780 4 years ago

I recall reading several posts about glueing the fur back onto BF without seeing a good answer. I tried some Scotch tacky glue that I bought at Michael's--one of the many craft glues they have that claim to work on "fabric, metal, paper, wood, fairy dust", etc. Well, it actually worked--even though it did not seem like it was going to stick at first. Let it dry for 24 hrs--everything I tried to glue down was solidly attached. If it does not last I'll report back.

#4782 4 years ago

Fabric glue is amazing stuff and really works--used it on a rip in a couch and it was hardly noticeable after it dried.

#4785 4 years ago

Need a little help with a flasher location. While doing the flasher test I come to "Bigfoot Body (2)". I only am seeing one flasher go off in the backbox. It looks like there is a flasher #17 somewhere near the actual bigfoot (per the manual), but i can't seem to find it. Could someone take a photo of the location for me? Best way to change this bulb? Thanks.

#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Remove the plastic around the Bigfoot, you will find the flasher there , flashes when Bigfoot diverts the ball

Thank you. It seems to me I had this plastic off before--maybe I was not looking for a flasher at that time and didn't notice it. I'll take another look today.

Found it this time, thanks again.

1 week later
#4822 3 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

I finally got around to installing a Cliffy protector where the VUK dents the upper playfield, and when I took a couple of plastics off, I found a flasher hanging by it's wires, not attached to anything. Diagnostics tell me that it is for Bigfoot's body, but I'm not sure how and where to attach it. Can anyone tell me briefly where this flasher attaches and how it fits on the game? TIA

I can try to tell you where it goes, as I just found mine recently. It mounts under the upper playfield with a screw and is located under the large plastic that semi-surrounds BF. You'll never get it re-attached in the original spot without some disassembly. I'd make sure it works, and affix it as best you can somewhere under that plastic (until you really want to take the upper playfield off).

#4860 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Actually, you should have gotten the 5X on the whitewater multiball. However, there are a few caveats to that.
If you start the multiball with 5X mode running, you will get 5X jackpots, but only a MAXIMUM of 5X. Meaning that instead of getting 1X, 2X and 3X jackpots, you get 5X jackpots. So, if you would normally get a triple jackpot, you get a 5X jackpot - not a 15X jackpot.
Also, on the non-home ROMs (I think all versions), the 5X timer is running during the whole "WHITEWATER!" starting animation (which lasts about 8 seconds or so). This means that unless you have at least 10 seconds left in 5X mode, it will probably be over before you can get a ball up the ramp.
On the home ROMs, the timer is disabled during most of the animations, giving you a lot more time to score those 5X jackpots.
Additionally, the 5X multiplier does NOT affect the Vacation Jackpot in any way.

So if I understand correctly, if you have 5X running as you start multiball there is no reason to try for a double or triple jackpot--just hit the singles?

#4866 3 years ago

One of my topper chase lights is out, and it isn't a bulb issue. I reflowed the solder on the socket as it was really dull looking, that didn't help. I replaced the socket, no luck. Can I swap the connector over from the other board to see if that will light up all the chase lights without harming anything. Seems like I should be able to do that, but wanted to check first.

2 weeks later
#4908 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-colorisation-for-pin2dmd-by-endprodukt#post-5645193
Anyone got a copy of the files they could share?
Thanks
Edit-didnt see the donation not,will be in contact!
Thanks for the hard work!

Unless something has changed, it is not a donation but a set price of 20 Euros. I'm not sure that the code has been completed.

#4914 3 years ago

Anyone have a tip or an adjustment that will keep the ball from going SDTM after passing thru the secret passage?

#4920 3 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

I had that issue, but after installing the ramp protectors it rarely happens anymore.
[quoted image]

i can see how this would help move the ball.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Jiggle the machine or slap the side of the cab is the only easy thing I can think of if it's level all around.
Other than that it might involve getting back into the are and adjusting some metal guide action?

Hmm...not a bad idea to make the table tilt just a smidge to keep the ball from coming right back down the middle.

#4927 3 years ago

Somehow I hit the Vacation Jackpot last nite, but don't know how I did it. I thought I had missed my chance (as the Wet Willie mode seemed to be over and all the rafts re-set), but I hit one more shot and boom! This has to be the best payoff sequence ever--what a trip! I could not even describe all that went on I was so surprised by it--hope I can bumble my way thru it again!

#4931 3 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the kickback armature breaking? I snapped my second one right at the pin today (where the plastic meets the metal). The first one was probably the original, but the replacement is a week old.

Also having an issue with the ball not wanting to rack properly after a drain. Sometimes it takes two or three tries to move the ball before it resets properly. Put in a new armature/link and a sleeve, but that didn't really help. Ideas?

#4933 3 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Try bending the metal plate near the shooter lane just a bit, the ball is probably hitting that and bouncing back.

OK, thanks.

#4935 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, I had a period where I went through several of them in a short period of time. Then, suddenly it stopped happening. I don't know if I had a bad batch of them, or finally got a "strong" one or something, but I haven't had one break now in several years.

Thanks. I can't figure out any reason for them to be breaking other than a bad batch. Marco is sending me a new plastic and roll pin, hopefully that will last awhile.

1 week later
#4960 3 years ago

Anyone have a good guess as to what percentage or Whitewater pins do not have an original topper?

#5001 3 years ago

1 week later
#5050 3 years ago

Thanks for that photo, my game is missing the metal form that sits inside the subway altogether--I'll have to try and find one.

1 week later
#5063 3 years ago

I'm getting ready to order a new whirlpool ramp to replace my cracked one. Does anyone who has taken the upper playfield off have suggestions as to what I might need to replace once I get going on this (posts, or other hardware?)--be nice to have it handy rather than have to re-order and wait. Thanks.

1 week later
#5078 3 years ago

If anyone who has taken off the upper playfield has any tips on the easiest way to put things back together--that would be cool. Figured as long as I was at it I took off all the ramps to clean everything. Glad I did, should play a lot better after it all goes back together.

#5080 3 years ago

Thanks for that, #4 and #7 were just what I needed to see.

#5094 3 years ago

Thanks for looking this up, I just checked and I am also missing this gate.

#5102 3 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for the upper playfield post that divides the Bigfoot Bluff and Insanity Falls ramps? I can't find it shown in the manual. I stripped the mounting screw for the whirlpool sign that screws onto it (the last thing I had to do to finish my upper playfield rebuild...). Thanks.

#5105 3 years ago

Thank you! I'm betting (hoping) it threads into a T-nut? Uh oh, I found a photo of a used upper playfield and it looks like it is a regular nut--bummer.

6 months later
#5445 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

And can you guys tell me the must have mods for this game? Definitely want to get the color DMD, but anything else come out in the last few years that are a must add to the pin?...

This.

56f818f472fee6f68104e49c37ff9f4a679d15b5 (resized).jpg56f818f472fee6f68104e49c37ff9f4a679d15b5 (resized).jpg
#5458 3 years ago

My Yeti has decided he only wants to spin in one direction. Anyone have ideas of what I should check to try and convince him to spin both clockwise and counter clockwise?

#5460 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Maybe a bad/dirty opto on the yeti board. Doesn't detect when to stop and change directions.

Thanks, I cleaned the optos but no luck. I'm guessing to test them I'd remove the board, turn the game on and pass a card thru them in the switch test mode?

#5462 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

There is a Big Foot test you can run which will spin the head around and show you when each opto is closed.

Thanks, the optos test good in that test. Can't get the head spin to reverse in the CW/CCW test. Any ideas of what to check since it isn't a bad opto?

#5465 3 years ago

No newly disconnected connectors, but I am going to take a look at the bi-directional driver board. Thanks for the tips.

1 month later
#5578 3 years ago

If anyone has a nice speaker panel they really don't need please send me a PM. Mine has a big long scratch in it that is very annoying.

2 months later
#5834 2 years ago

Any ideas of what to look for to fix this? I was playing today and in the middle of a ball many of the insert lights went wonky and stayed on when they should have been off--and vice-versa. Shut the machine off, turned it back on and many of the insert lights were solidly lit instead of going into attract mode.

#5836 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Check your light matrix.. those Q chips are tip 102 or 107 i think.. lower right quadrant of the driver board, probably one of those died, you should be able to track it down by what lamps are solid. Edit: if you have a WPC schematic manual look at Power Driver Board sheet 2 pg 3, that might help too.
[quoted image]

Thank you. Electrics are not my strong suit, I'm guessing that one transistor controls several lights on a circuit? Quite a few are locked on, and it will not go into attract mode at all.

I opened up the backbox and reseated a few connectors after not finding any obviously blown components. Now everything is back to normal. Have no idea of what was going on or how it is now working...hope it stays this way.

2 months later
#5988 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

This game have lots of GI dimming for different modes and disabling that will give you a lesser pinball experience imo.
Of my eight games this is the only one I've kept normal bulbs in the GI just because of this. The inserts are all LEDs though and looking bright and nice.

I agree and also kept incandescents in my CFTBL just cause they looked so good, just like they do in WH2O.

2 months later
#6148 2 years ago

I don't know what it is actually called but it is a twist lock plug that is used in construction and I'm sure has other industrial uses. Unless the dude wired it up to 220 it is for normal household current, just like it says.

2 months later
#6280 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It's factory, installed onto the top of the backbox (not on the dome), behind the light deflector (below the bulbs).

Next time someone dusts the top dome of the topper could you take a photo of where the reflective tape goes--I still can't picture it.

#6282 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

A thread search can be helpful...
All this will do is light up more of your ceiling... 99 out 100 games dont have this tape anymore. The original glue dried up from heat and the tape fell off within a few months of the game being unboxed.
[quoted image]
amazon.com link »

Yes, a thread search can be helpful, but I could not find any photos trying to do that. Then again, I did not think to check the saved thread photos... Thanks for your post and observations.

#6294 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

The tape is in between the lights and the decal, and lower than the bulbs. Due to it's position it reflects the light towards to the waterfall.
I have seen many White Waters, the foil was always there.[quoted image]

Ohhh...that photo of the foil tape placement makes a lot more sense--think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the photo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

17,250 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.