Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#491 9 years ago

I have the skull mountain mod, and love it, just got it (and the rafts). I need the missing mountain though, either version, but neither seller is getting back to me.

Anyone got one? Otherwise, I'm likely buying new boulders, I'll just cut one out of the old large one at the back, I mean it's all brown plastic, should be able to come up with something that will fit.

London-20140903-00028.jpgLondon-20140903-00028.jpg
#502 9 years ago

One thing I really like about this machine is the music. No one ever comments about this, and some people I know never really even noticed this before with their own machine, but the main theme song continues to grow and add elements to it the more rafts you get.

Each raft adds either another instrument or a more livelier use of it to the main song, and the song keeps getting stronger, and more complex, until by Wet Willies it’s really built up. Very subtle but really cool.

Was there some Ravel’s Bolero inspiring this I wonder ?

#506 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Believe it or not many supposedly can't stand the game because of the music. It doesn't bother me at all. Not amazing, but is nice how it builds up.

It's all about entertainment IMO. Whatever music, PF, light show, it’s how it’s used. The song is great for what it is. Most that dislike I’m guessing haven’t spent enough time, or haven’t gone far enough through the rafts to allow the potential of the main theme song to do what it does. It’s goin’ 90 by Wet Willie’s!

All in all I was very surprised by this, as it’s a one and only cool thing in pinball.

1 month later
#528 9 years ago
Quoted from netminda:

The mod is a little pricy, but totally worth it in my own opinion, considering a daughterboard had to be developed. It's nice the way it only kicks on when Bigfoot is facing you and turns off when he is not. I have LEDs in my game and that back corner was still dark...was tough to really see him hiding back there. Now non-pinhead guests always notice Bigfoot back there when before I always had to point him out.
Rob

Is this a normal lamp socket, so you can swap it to an LED if you wanted?

Quoted from calvin12:

im my case i swapped to the lower coil because 90% of the time the kick out would hit the inlane guide and go straight to the left outlane.

Have most people swapped this coil? I'm glad to read this, as I was thinking something was wrong with mine, as I was having a very hard time figuring out how to handle this kick out. I mostly do live catches on the right, which is very difficult for this game and kick out, but it was the only half decent way I could get control. Even then, sometimes it comes out so hard, and I stop a bounce, but it rolls up the right inlane, and over into the outlane... grrrr. (shaky shaky )

#530 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I dont know how many people have done it. when it does go up the inlane nudge the game a bit to bleed off speed using the back of the slingshot

Yeah, I try it all, but that little SOB still manages to slip away sometimes It's like the only kickout I haven't been able to manage 100% in my machines. Again, I'm glad I read your post and the one you quoted, as I missed them before, and figured mine was just too strong or misaligned or something.

1 month later
#633 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I ordered the spine chiller and watch out for the drop decals.
The watch out for the drop doesnt suit the plastic!
Looking at a few pics there seems to be 2 styles of plastic for the disaster drop .
heres mine

2014-12-15 19.32.35.jpg 162 KB

I order the rafts from Ebay, I really like them,

#634 9 years ago
Quoted from Jimmydred:

I thought It looked really cool the first I saw one done up that way. I don't know if I would go that route now for my own machine. But it still looks really cool. Perhaps snow capped mountains in the back, for the allusion of depth... Maybe.
Does anyone have the guts to re- theme a junker into a winter sledding type of game with the abominable snowman??? Now that would be insane/cool. Perhaps using some type of LCD set up like PinBallMikeD came up with for CFTBL, where the DMD should be... That would be some next level shit for sure!

I had thought about this a while ago. The white looks interesting, I wouldn't do it given the canyon PF, but when they repro'd the PFs, would have been interesting to make a few snowing mountain PF's.

#635 9 years ago

I finally scored the vacation jackpot today. Wow, maybe the best show for a wizard in pinball. Don't want to spoil anything, but keefer borrowed big from this for another big show mini wizard mode.

I didn't know what to expect when the machine went black, and thought it reset at first haha. AFM rtu borrowed a little from that as well.

3 months later
#1082 9 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Thinking about this baby. Anyone got it installed? I wonder if it will be able to be attached without the bit on the right ramp that's broken off?
Skull Mountain.jpg

It actually attaches to the sign above it on the upper PF, and hangs down. You issue will not prevent you from installing this. This, combined with the Mantis protectors will pretty much cover up your issue.

#1084 9 years ago

Not if it has to install as per above. I'm guessing the bear mod can be turned, or attached differently. I bought this bear at a toy store, $2 haha, waiting to find a place for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

17,250 (OBO)
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.