Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider archytas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1393 8 years ago

Hi All,

Just got hold of a WH20 (yay!) and have a couple of questions. The game is in fairly good condition but there is a couple of little things I'd like to look at doing.

Firstly the game is pretty dirty, everywhere on ramps etc. From what I can see WH20 is going to be a pretty hard game to tear down completely but I just wanted to hear from anyone else who has done it. I'm not looking to completely take everything off the playfield but just enough so I can nicely clean the back of the game, habitrails etc to get it fairly clean again. Is this doable?

2 of the leg plates are knackered (bolts just spin in them). I can get replacements but how hard are these to replace?

Secondly the game is partially LED'd and I'm going to be swapping some of these around. I was thinking of doing LED's in the topper but looking at another post this appears to be a no-go as LED's burn out due to it requiring special bulbs, are there any LED kits for the topper out there I can get hold of?

Thanks!

#1396 8 years ago
Quoted from mot:

There are instructions in the manual for removing the upper playfield, which is surprisingly not that difficult.

Easy!

Those bulbs are (I think) 12 volts instead of the normal 5. From what I've read, there are not LEDs available that provide the same visual effect as incandescent bulbs.

Thanks dude, looks like I need to track down a manual then! I will also replace the leg plates and leave the topper as is.

#1398 8 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

It's really necessary to remove the upper playfield at least once a year or so to clean back there. This is also a good time to deal with LEDs in the upper playfield, Cliffy protectors, and other MODs. To do it right you're going to need at least 3 hours or so. There are about a dozen connectors that need to be unconnected so make sure you label them (I used numbered stickers from the electric dept of the hardware store). When you pull off the playfield be very slow and make sure you don't have any connections that are still connected. If you get resistance go back and check your work. Once you get all the right connections labled the reassembly and subsequent removals will go a lot faster.

Thanks, I plan on doing a partial teardown which is no problem as the first game I decided to do this on was a BSD (most people lament it for being difficult to pull apart due to all the ramps, WH20 looks to be about the same in terms of difficulty). Likely will do it over a weekend or I have a week off around Christmas so might do it then, I plan on making it my 'Winter project' to pull a lot of the stuff of the top, clean it, re-LED it (previous owner put in LED's in most places but are all super brights which in some cases are too much so will swap out with frosty ones) and put in a few mods, I plan to fit mantis protectors behind the lock targets as the plastics here are totally smashed and may do cliffys as well (I think the WH20 is the most I've ever seen in a set, 7 pieces!). I've already put in a spare color DMD I have (came out my old JM when I sold it but looks way better in WH20) and done the backbox LED's and helpfully someone has already put in a battery holder so nothing to do there. Topper is in good nick, just has the usual fade. I will likely put some pictures up once I've done all the work in a few months time.

I like the idea of the shelf board, I generally lay the parts out on the floor as I have a bit of space around the games in the rough position where they sit on the playfield but these often get moved around during the course of the rebuild which is a nuisance so a board would be a good solution.

#1401 8 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Archytas. Looks like we got our WH20'sat the same time.
I've already stripped mine down and plan on sticking a few pics up in the shop logs thread in pinball info in the next couple of days.
It's not too bad to strip compared to some I've done. It's all ramps. Once they're off the playfields bare!!! Took me about 3 hours to get to this state and I was slow

That's good to know, nice to see another UK based pinsider with one as well! (Don't suppose you use pinball info? I'm more active on there, same username but spelt Archyta5 instead) You've probably gone a bit further than I plan to but good to know it isn't too bad to strip. I've got everything I need to get going it's just getting round to it now Thanks for the advice everyone.

#1403 8 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Pssssssst. It is I. Spandangler

Ahhh, good to know. I generally stick to the same name/similar on different forums. Makes it less confusing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider archytas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=archytas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.