New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,366 posts
  • 489 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 minutes ago by transprtr4u
  • Topic is favorited by 227 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,516 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_2599 (resized).JPG
DSC_2598 (resized).JPG
DSC_2596 (resized).JPG
White-water-acrylic-backglass-2 (resized).jpg
White-water-acrylic-backglass-1 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-5 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-4 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-3 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-2 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-1 (resized).jpg
White-Water-Alternate-Translite-8 (resized).jpg
White-water-Translite-12 copy (resized).jpg
F429F7B6-9142-40AB-AEA5-4CE46240A816.jpeg
C05E849C-B197-400A-B1B9-40414DE1FD2F.jpeg
18C09AC6-EEAB-4002-9FF9-5A265B7D8D01 (resized).jpeg
7ACF7744-BA67-46C1-8144-25DBC1BF82BD (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeneas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 7 years ago

Also have a WW.. it was the first pin I bought back in 2000 and still one of my favorites..

1 year later
#1128 5 years ago

I make the missing mountain now.
More information here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-mountain-for-white-water-anybody

2 months later
#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Is the missing mountain available anywhere?

Yes, I make them. There's another thread here with more information.
Price is 50 euro each.
I'm out at the moment but will make a new batch soon.. and it's really one of the last batches then as the mold is starting to wear out too much..

4 months later
#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Anyone know of a site to get the missing mountain from?

I made them. My site is www.flippers.be and here on the forum there's also a thread about them.
Don't have any available at the moment, probably in january I'll have time to make some more.

1 month later
#1491 4 years ago

I made the missing mountain mod. Don't have any available at the moment but will try to make time in a few weeks.
Pm / email me and I'll get back to you when I have some..

2 months later
#1779 4 years ago

yes, thanks for letting us know as I was also considering doing this..

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from jk:

Thanks. Wow, that Boulder set is expensive from ministry. I remember when they were selling them at US sites for $115-$120. If anyone has a spare new set I would be interested.

Check the 'tax free' logo on the site - by default his prices are with 21% VAT added. If you're outside the EU you won't need to pay this.

1 month later
#1912 4 years ago

Excellent score, congratulations. The big question - does it have the topper ?

1 week later
#1942 4 years ago

If the upkicker assembly is clean then the coil should have enough strength to kick the ball out from the first time. So check it's not dirty..

What most happens is that the ramp itself isn't screwed tight into the playfield anymore. That makes the pinball lose a lot of speed.

3 weeks later
#1976 4 years ago

I realise my post is a bit cryptic but don't want to reveal too much at this moment..

If there are some people here who play whitewater in visual pinball often, or who have an eprom programmer, and want to test some things ? Please contact me..

1 month later
#2061 4 years ago

I just started this topics : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bigfoot-new-rules-for-whitewater-with-freewpc
I'm working with freewpc on new rules for whitewater.
It's a work in progress.. I'm looking for testers / feedback / help to get it finished

9 months later
#2556 3 years ago

In the manual it's documented how to take off the upper playfield with it's ramps, and once that part is off it's very easy.

10 months later
#2954 2 years ago

Last chapter in the manual lists them in detail..

8 months later
#3514 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Just a friendly reminder that White Water has the best upper playfield ever made and it's not even close.

hmm no. as much as I love WW, BK2K has a better upper pf.

3 months later
#3933 1 year ago

start with checking the batteries, battery holder, damage, ..

1 year later
#4887 7 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I know what you mean. There is a custom ROM floating around somewhere on pinside that does this amongst other things. You should try it on VPX if you are savvy enough, or if you really want to you can get an rom programmer and put it on your actual pinball machine. The whole software package was not ever completed from what I remember, and the animations are lacking. But at least it could show you what it would be like.

I made that new rom in freewpc.

Topic is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bigfoot-new-rules-for-whitewater-with-freewpc
It works in visual pinball and also in a real machine. I've tested it in my machine, coils work well, but it's always at your own risk

The diverter doesn't push the ball into the whirlpool (except when a mode is lit) but lets it pass, like you ask for.
This gives you more flow.

It's a work in progress and incomplete. Sometimes it'll crash and reboot. There are still bugs in it.
But it playable, everything works (all coils, targets, ..). There are new modes (although most are not nice polished - most need tuning of sounds and lights and nicer graphics).

I recently started working on it again, hadn't worked in 4 years on it..
The rules are similar to WW, maybe I should've changed rules much more but you're stuck with the layout/lamps/labels so it doesn't give that much freedom.
While similar, strategy changed a lot.

The story I had in mind was you have to find bigfoot by rafting the correct path. I think in the current version I disabled that, but I had code that if you only made the lit shots it'd award a 'perfect raft' and you saw bigfoot. So for raft 2 - not just make 2 lit shots but only make those 2 lit shots and no unlit shot.
Making an unlit shot in between would advance the raft (like in current WW rules) but not show you bigfoot.
This changes a lot how you play - either you go for 'perfect rafts' or you go for other parts like whirlpool modes and multiballs.

I never got much feedback on this rom, don't know what other thing how much fun it is to play..
Always interested in continuing work on it if people like it and want to help with ideas and testing.

6 months later
#5323 10 days ago

One is L-5 and the other is LH-5.. so they're not the same.
You can download them (and the latest, LH-6) at https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=whitewater&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

L-5 has a textfile included with the changes, the other do not..

Here you find what's in LH-6: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wh20-home-vs-non-home-roms-difference
Don't know what's changed in LH-5.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeneas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside