IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3556 5 years ago

I am a new member of the club and excited to be a Whitewater owner. I am planning on getting it set up.this weekend when I get some time.

I noticed on the pin I bought that the previous owner hadn'y put any LED's in to light up the red boulders both at the back of the game and in the other areas. This is something I would like to do.

Can anyone recommend the best way (where to buy a strip, etc) to do this and what color LED's may work best? Any advice on how to best do this is very appreciated!

1 week later
#3605 5 years ago

So what are people’s thoughts on the skull mountain mod? Is it worth the price or should I just buy the grizzly bear mod and put in there?

#3607 5 years ago

So you called the grizzly bear(which I can buy on my own)garbage but you did’t really answer the question. Is the skull mountain mod worth the $100? Knowing I can put a $6 “do nothing” grizzly figure in roughly the same spot is what I’m debating.

I also guess I didn’t realize that any extra I put in a pin has to do something.

#3609 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Personally, I don't think so. The game is already PACKED with mountains, and adding more just blocks things and clutters up an already tight playfield. I'm also not a fan of how it blocks the player's view of the insanity falls shot. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, looking at the pictures, I'm wondering the same thing. That is why something small, cheap, and non-obstructive like the bear may be an option. Just not sure how to secure it in that spot.

I do think if the lost mountain mod were available, I would probably get that, though.

#3621 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You can put all the toys & dolls on your game that you want of course, but jesus how much more does WH20 need? The entire thing is covered in ramps and mountains/boulders.
To each their own, but as stated above don;t see the point in further obscuring the shots.

Pretty sure that bear isn't going to obstruct anything. Why is it such a big deal to you if some of us want to add a thing or two to have fun with a game?

#3629 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I confess, I bought the bear (it was $5.00 from Michael's). It's not great, but it DOES hide the ugly grey switch cover and that was my justification for getting it. It is a little bit lame but as far as mods go it's pretty unobtrusive.

Yeah for $5, I don't see a problem with getting one. If I don't like it, its not like I'd have much money into it.

What did you use to secure it to that area?

#3639 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Pretty disparate for mods when a $6 plastic bear is one of the options.

I'd rather get the missing mountain mod but the guy that was still making them in Europe sounds like he isn't doing them anymore. Ditto for the guy in Colorado.

Anyone have am extra they want to sell?

#3645 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I thought somebody new picked up the mod. I may have an extra of the one Aeneas (from Europe) did. My favorite is the Red West but those are loooooong gone.

Is the one in the picture of your machine the one from Europe? I may be interested as it looks like a decent match for the game in your picture. What happened to the red west guy? Did he just stop making them?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#3786 5 years ago

I was playing another pin tonight after completing a few on my Whitewater. Whitewater was still on but suddenly it started making a popping type sound and the DMD display went out along with the topper and topper lights.

I turned on and off a few times but the popping sound continues when on and the DMD and topper are still out. Is this a blown fuse, something on the board, or something else? I’ve never seen something like this happen with any pin I’ve owned in the past. Any insight on what happened and where the problem may lie is very appreciated.

#3788 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Very strange indeed. The obvious question is did you recently do any repairs or do any mods to the machine? Where is the popping sound coming from, under the playfield, behind the backglass? Narrowing down the origin would be my 1st step.

It seems to be coming from underneath the playfield. No recent installation of any mods. I did have a guy resolder the extra ball switch last week as the wire had come loose. Other then that, no work or mods have been installed since I got it in early January.

I hope something really bad didn’t happen. When the dmd and topper are involved, it is a bit unsettling.

#3792 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Look at anything under that switch when the platform is up. There was a solder drip somewhere

Thanks! It was actually just a blown fuse at F116 on the board (I think that was it).

A pinbulbs kit was installed previously that included a led strip behind the backbox boulders. This may be overloading the circuit so I'll have to monitor and see if it blows again.

2 years later
#5663 2 years ago

Just curious, what do you guys consider to be a good score on Whitewater? I beat my previous high score of 1.1 billion yesterday with a score of 1.2 billion. I'm admittedly not a great player and it was only the second time I've cleared 1 billion so just curious what I need to shoot for to get to the next level....

I was close to clearing Wet Willie's stage 2 but did not get to vacation Jackpot. Love this game.

#5675 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I JUST cracked a billion a few weeks ago on my game. Until then, my highest scores were in the low 800,000,000s, and my averages were somewhere between 300,000,00 and 500,000,000. I consider myself a pretty decent player too. Maybe your game is set up too easy?

It has the home L6 Rom. Other than that, I think it is set up at the right pitch. Sometimes you just get on a roll and a game comes together like yesterday

It is interesting to hear high scores from everyone. It sounds like 1.2 billion is a decent game and hopefully that means I'm becoming a little better at pinball. My next goal will be 1.5 billion with a hope for 2 billion sometime.

Whitewater is a long term keeper for me so I'll get there someday.

2 weeks later
#5772 2 years ago

Just curious, what do you guys think the odds are CGC remakes Whitewater at some point? I don't think they could duplicate the topper and personally hope it isn't remade but do wonder if it is on their list.

#5779 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Zartan The one in the game above a person was making on Ebay for a period of time, and are not very good... I know because I bought one and promptly sent it back the mold was horrible (but maybe the one I got was a fluke).
The original “missing mountain” shown in the image below, are borderline unobtanium. Occasionally come up in Australia, and you are in luck i just checked and looks like they have one in stock here: https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-8785-wf.html.
[quoted image]
I paint matched mine to match the others

Looks good. I ordered mine from the guy in Australia and had to repaint a bit too. Looks like you matched yours a little better, though.

Just curious, how did you create the blue water effect with leds under the ramps at the top there? Just swapping out for blue led's?

#5788 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey Utesichiban! Ya, I wanted just some subtle blue in the back and not overkill so I added a few Led mounts to the backboard. Just a few matrix connectors and sockets you can see here, I added one on the right as well. Key is aim them down to create diffuse light. [quoted image]

Thanks man! I really like the look and sublety of it. Is it okay if I PM you later this week to get a few more details?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lockport, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=Utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.