Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shenanigander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6259 2 years ago

Hay all! Back in the club I am about half way through the restoration now. If you want to watch me fumble along check out the Shenanigans here...

Feel free to offer up any suggestions! Thanks!

#6264 2 years ago
Quoted from Hans_Saris:

Welcome back. Love your channel!

Thanks man appreciate it. Miss the Wh20 I sold years ago so this one will be staying

#6270 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, love the video so far. I'm in the middle of a shop job on my own WH20, and hoping to gain some insights from this.

Ahh right on! I'm stumbling through ok but keep expectations low lol

Quoted from Zartan:

You could have “Stored”it at my place! I wouldn’t have had to buy one myself!
Lol

Haha you are not the 1st kind soul to offer free storage

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Shenanigander ... I too watched your video. Looking forward to following your restore.
BTW: My WH20 topper does not have the mirrored type adhesive film under topper. However, my FishTales and my spare old original WH2O dome, white plastic decal back mount and original metal etched decal, both have the mirrored adhesive film under it. I may source that mirrored film out out and install it in my WH20. It may give more waterfall light effect in topper.

Right on, thanks man! Ok good to know thanks!

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The metal foil tape heating contractors use to wrap seams in ductwork works great.

Great Idea!!!

Quoted from mbeardsley:

My original WH20 dome does not have any top foil or stickers on it and I've owned it since late 1996, and I doubt that it "fell off" before that.
So, I don't believe that they originally came with the foil on it.

Awesome thanks. So most likely it never had the foil ceiling! You had that pretty close to new, very nice!

#6271 2 years ago

I haven't got a hold of Draino but haven't lost hope yet. Anyone have a spare "missing plastic" that he makes for sale? Or maybe the file/scan so I can try to get one made?

#6273 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'd also be a buyer. I have the decal on there, but it just isn't the same.

I even have the standoffs and longer screws on order in hopes

#6291 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've restored maybe a dozen WH2O's over the years and everyone of them had the tape installed and intact.

Wow! After doing mine once I think I am good for life on wh2o's Good to know about foil tape attached to the head. I will have to check mine. Did any have the foil in the dome ceiling? I think you suggested foil tape as an option before. Did you ever foil up a dome ceiling?

#6297 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I remember a couple with the foil in the top of the dome. I suppose many could have been replaced and no operator was going through the trouble of installing new foil.
I chose not to try it either. Looked like too much of a bitch.

That makes sense. I doubt I will be adding any foil to my dome. I have a newer dome so it should be nice and happy with no decals

1 week later
#6330 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I added a few pine trees to my game. I think they look quite good scale-wise and fit the theme. I bought them from eBay and when received them found that the green stuff on the trees can drop a bit on the playfield. I sprayed a little clear coat on them before I mounted them and all good.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The trees look really good! I might have to try that. Let me know if the tree still shed after some games despite the clear coating. Did you remove the playfield to install the art blades?

#6342 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

The trees don't shed unless I rub my hands over them or something like that so they are all good after the clear coat. Prior to that, they would shed if you bumped them. I've had them on my game for over a year now I'd say.
I don't remove the playfield to install art blades. I kind of do it like this:
1. Have playfield in upright position.
2. Hold art blade in position and then use masking tape to keep it in place.
3. Start at the coin door end and peel off maybe 12 inches of backing and then cut that off and fix that end of the decal in place.
4. With the playfield in the upright position, make sure it is slid back as far as you can.
5. Make sure the decal is still lined up all the way and start peeling the backing off starting at the section you cut and then head towards the back of the game.
6. When you get to the position of the upright playfield, carefully slide the upright playfield to its most forward position (past the point that you had stuck the decal).
7. Apply the rest of the decal to the back.
My directions above really suck but it's actually very easy. It would be better to explain with photos or a vid. I hope it helps anyway.

Ok thanks for the info on the trees. Someone asked how tall they are. I would also like to know that. Maybe 3-4 inches it appears?

Great. Thanks for the info on the art blades. I have only done my GB pro and did it with the playfield in and by myself but they were very thick and slipped in there nicely. I think the Brian Allen blades for wh20 might be thinner and trickier to work with. So you went on dry then with no soapy water it sounds like?

Quoted from OTRChief:

Installing side art is much easier with two people. If you install side art on your games, I suggest you purchase an Interior Cabinet Game Blade Protector Set for when you are working on a game in the future. WW is a particularly tight fit. Pinball Life sells them https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html?Category_Code=

That is a good idea thanks. I have even trimmed back my new boulders with a utility knife (on the left side) to make more space for blades (which are on order) as they were rubbing on the side.

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Normally I think people add way too much mods (like plastic animals) to their games, especially when there are eagles, bears , rafts and half a toy store on the playfield, but these trees are actually really fitting the theme. Something about that green lush color amongst all the brown. Will consider doing something similar.

These are my thoughts exactly. Some mods are a little much and tacky. I was skeptical when I read trees till I seen the pics and they really do suit the game well! I have been back and forth on the missing mountain too but once it is painted to match well it is growing on me!

#6345 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

An adhesive spray might do even better to prevent shedding.
[quoted image]
His trees look like these:
ebay.com link: itm

Good call. That thought crossed my mind at one point as well!

#6346 2 years ago

Ok here's the question of the day.... to LED or not to LED the topper. Sounds like you could lose the waterfall effect with LED's. What has your experience been?

#6350 2 years ago

Another important question as I have an order deadline pending lol. Are you guys using any of the special reinforced Target switch brackets for the green targets up the middle? I'm pretty sure pinball life sells them and Marco.

I have the Mantis protectors coming. If I have those does that eliminate the need for reinforced Target brackets?

Maybe this... https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Or maybe this... https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18530-6R

#6361 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have both on mine. Those targets take a beating and the reinforced brackets keep them from eventually bending backwards.

Did the anti sway Target kit from pinball life work okay? It says it is for data East Sega and Stern switches. It has the L shape bracket which is ideal!
20220129_171731 (resized).jpg20220129_171731 (resized).jpg

Maybe just the anti-loft back plate might work although that is a Stern product as well.

20220129_172014 (resized).jpg20220129_172014 (resized).jpg
#6366 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't remember where I got mine.... I remember it was a right fit to put them in with he protectors, but they just fit. Let me poke around in my old orders and see if I can find them.

Oh crap never thought of that. I have my mantis protectors coming in the mail. Cool if you do find out the part number let me know that would be great!

#6370 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

My bigfoot head stopped turning. I borrowed a board from my buddy's Dr who and tested it in my machine. Bigfoot came back to life. So I ordered the homepin remake of the board from pinball life. I'm happy to report that the homepin board works as well as the original. Mine had corrosion on the board from the cap leaking. I cleaned it up and installed a new cap but it still didn't work. [quoted image][quoted image]

Good to know home pin option is good. I bet if you replace all the affected components and check all traces you can bring the original back to life!

#6385 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Right, but $65 for the board is a lot less than an hour of my time.

That is a good price for sure!

Quoted from Davi:

Good question. According to parts list, there are 2 pcs mini dome cover in White Water: one above Whirlpool flasher, and one in Waterfall ramp.
On the other hand, I saw the cover at the cave in HEP gallery.[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh interesting. Mine is missing then.

#6387 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This is the part number: 03-8662-9
And a spacer is also required (~5mm).

Right on thanks! I actually have one of those in blue for sure. Maybe a red.

1 week later
#6399 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Gorilla glue didn’t work. It looks like snow on the trees.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's too bad about the gorilla glue. It would be ideal for those doing the snow covered mountains and Yeti action.

Received and installed my judge Dread raft mods and skull mountain and love them!!

20220207_183459 (resized).jpg20220207_183459 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
17,250 (OBO)
$ 40.00
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shenanigander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=Shenanigander and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.