IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sciddleybop1980.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1386 8 years ago

I'm in!!! Never thought I'd see the day. They're not up for sale too often over in the UK and the price has gone nuts on them.
Managed to get a one owner from new (although has been operated for a time) still have the original receipt from 1993.

It's absolutely filthy. Has some opto problems but should clean up ok.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#1388 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Fishtales and Whitewater are perfect next to each other....

Indeed. I see you've got the Fishtales "pro" with the orange artwork!!!

I went all out and got the "ice white LE"

#1400 8 years ago

Archytas. Looks like we got our WH20'sat the same time.
I've already stripped mine down and plan on sticking a few pics up in the shop logs thread in pinball info in the next couple of days.
It's not too bad to strip compared to some I've done. It's all ramps. Once they're off the playfields bare!!! Took me about 3 hours to get to this state and I was slow

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1402 8 years ago

Pssssssst. It is I. Spandangler

1 week later
#1415 8 years ago

I'm currently midway through shopping out my wh20. Whilst cleaning some bits last night I noticed the stanchions which raise the upper playfield which are threaded at either end have different length threads each end If your stanchions are not in correctly, then theoretically your upper pf could sit about 10mm higher than it should, hence pushing Bigfoot into the glass!!

Just a thought but worth a look

Good luck

1 month later
#1442 8 years ago

Just finished shopping mine. I'm not normally a mod kinda guy however Judge Dredds pinball skull mountain and raft mods are too cool not to add. They fit seamlessly and installed in less than 20 mins!
Finally got to play it for the first time last week since buying it back in October. Man it's hard. Had to adjust the lost mine kick out as 95% off The time it ejected into gap between the flipper and the lane guide and subsequently bounced straight down the left outlane. To cure it i zip stripped the coil tight against the bracket, this has dulled down the power a bit taking some of the pace off the ball.

A few other teething problems along the way but it's A1 now and in loving it.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1479 8 years ago

Judge Dredds pinball mountain led strip installed. Looks great and brightens those mountains up nicely

#1493 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I dont know why anyone would give £20 for this?
Whats the difference between this and a led strip?

Not sure what you mean. This is an LED strip. I wouldn't pay £20 either. It was free.

2 weeks later
#1529 8 years ago

Now that's cool. Loving the merch.

1 month later
#1691 7 years ago

Mine feeds to the left flipper if the skill shot is missed....... I think. One things for sure it doesn't drain. I can't imagine it was designed to drain especially as it didn't have a ball save.

#1751 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

So how many other people have lightning flippers installed? I asked the guy when I bought it if these were standard and he said yes, but it was also set to 5 balls. I set it back to 3 balls and the game has always felt really hard to me, which is great, but I don't want to make it artificially so....

I purchased a one owner from new WH20 last year and it came with all the original envelopes and goody bags. In one those bags was a spare set of plastics and a set of lightning flippers. So I'm guessing it came with both for the op to choose what he installed. The game kicks my ass enough as it is, never mind putting those on!!!

1 week later
#1819 7 years ago

Check to see if both bulbs are blown. If they are, I would suggest that the corresponding transistor has gone bad causing them to lock on and blow. Not able to check which one that maybe right now.

1 month later
#1923 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

If I upgrade from L4 to LH6, is there anything else I need to do other than pop the LH6 ROM chip in?

No just swap it out and that's it. Simples

#1956 7 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

I'm working on making some rubberised boulders that will let light through and never break

Great idea. You'll sell a ton. I'd be in for sure

1 month later
#1992 7 years ago

Looks great mate. Did you air brush it?

#1999 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Joined the club for the second time. Gonna keep it this time.

Christ, for a moment there I thought i was looking at my own game room!!

2 weeks later
#2057 7 years ago

That's a good point actually. If you're going for vacation jackpot you need your locks. Maybe there is a rom revision which rectifies it

3 weeks later
#2081 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I"m still learning the rules on mine as I slowly fix issues and clean it up -- one thing that's bugging me though:
The bigfoot divertor activates every time I shoot that loop and diverts the ball to the whirlpool. I think only seen it not activate a couple times in the time I've had it -- but Bigfoot should only divert the ball to the whirlpool when it's lit right? When unlit, he shouldn't move the log and the ball should run straught down to the right flipper, correct?
Any ideas on fixing this or what the issue might be? I haven't looked too hard at it as I spent all morning troubleshooting other stuff.. but it doesn't seem right.

No he diverts it every time lit or not unless you've activated big foot hot foot mode, in which case it will feed to the right flipper

#2100 7 years ago

If you weren't bothered about the actual waterfall affect, you can buy the decal board, dome , chase light board and lamp board separately.

#2138 7 years ago

Me too.

3 weeks later
#2204 7 years ago

my skull mountain matches perfectly to my original mountains. Are those original mountains or repro?

2 months later
#2286 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I lit up my boulders with led strips using Comet's matrix system. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The boulder up top was hard to light evenly because there isn't a good spot to place the strip.

For me, this is THE best lit WH20 I've ever seen. I've had an idea of how I wanted it to look but couldn't quite visualise it. But now i know.
Thanks mate

3 weeks later
#2336 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Anyone liking this design?
I have to say I think it turned out pretty sweet!
http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/24727501-white-water?asc=u&ref=recent-owner

Love it, love it, love it

#2354 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Haha! Thank you!

Glad you noticed

The buyer is able to select between an array of different type of shirts.
Here's a triblend for example: http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/13866797-pinball-game-of-skill?p=triblend-tee&style=triblend-tee&body_color=black_triblend&print_location=front

Out of interest, how many duvet covers do you sell. Can't quite convince the wife on that one!!!

3 weeks later
#2385 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

After wanting to join for a while I'm finally in the club!
What would be the best mods to get for this pin? I hear the boulder protectors are good and I will add a color DMD.
Others?

I highly recommend dredds skull mountain mod. It's a great colour match if you have original boulders.

Also a strip light to illuminate the rear mountains

Oh and I really like dredds raft mod (little yellow plastic rafts which match those on the playfield)

Wh20 rocks. Welcome to the club

#2390 7 years ago

Can't say I've noticed. Are you sure it's not an option problem

#2392 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Mine does the same thing every so often, but it never seems to effect gameplay. I don't think it's an opto issue. Maybe a bug in the code? I'm running the home roms in mine.

Ah ok. I'll have to look out for it. I think I'm on LH6.

#2402 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'd like to find this sign as well. This is the only broken plastic I have on my game.
Anyone know where to get one?

If all else fails

3 weeks later
#2472 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

More of a tech question but why not start here since it is Whitewater.
On my game, sometimes the sound will just cut out all together.
However if I turn the game off and back on it works great again.
This is happening more and more so something is starting to go.
Any ideas what part of the sound board it might be?

Try reseating all ribbon connectors and anything associated with the sound board. Also try pushing home the ASIC chip (big square chip) gently on all sides. This has been linked to intermittent sound problems in the past.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#2587 6 years ago

Just as a heads up. My wh20 failed to boot the other day. Just out of the blue. Never been an issue before. After lots of head scratching it turned out to be a faulty ribbon cable. The long one with 4 connectors which goes from cpu, sound board, dmd controller board.

Just in case you experience similar. Worth a look.

Happy flippin
Gaz

3 weeks later
#2599 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So here's a problem (s):
My kickback light (left lane) stays lit the whole game. After kickback, it flashes, but then comes back on (even though I haven't hit the kickback targets). However, it goes off when the River Letter insert above it isn't lit (as those letter inserts cycle with flipper buttons)....once that River Letter insert lights up, the kickback comes back on.
I'm also have a weird thing with the lock lights... once I get the first ball locked, the top lock light goes solid. Then, randomly, the very bottom lock light eventually turns on (solid) even though I haven't locked a second ball. When that is happening, the middle lock light remains off.
Anyone ever dealt with these kinds of issues?

I do have strange lamp issues with my wh20. Not like yours but my lock lights are odd. At first I thought it maybe ghosting leds so I changed them for incandescent but no change. My extra ball lamp also come on randomly.
It was suggested to me that perhaps the driver transistors maybe "leaking" a little causing the lamps to illuminate. Try changing the associated transistors and see if that makes any difference.
But as has been suggested, sometimes reseating ribbon cables can resolve a myriad of problems.

#2607 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yup.... the issue is, I'll lock ball one, and the third lock light will randomly become solid. It will stay solid even when I lock ball two.

I still don't think your issue is switch related. I think it's lamp. Unless you're saying the locks are awarded?

2 months later
#2667 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

This coil is between the main and upper playfields. Looks like I may have to remove upper playfield but just wanting confirmation of that

If you lift the playfield you'll see what you need to do. Pretty sure it's accessible from underneath

2 months later
#2817 6 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

What i Saw, is that the optos hit the ramp at the bottom of the ramp where the ramp plastic is much thicker. It hits where the plastic goes from underside to Side of the ramp.
Hehe i hope you understand me, its hard to write in english

Well it’s obviously working just needs a bit of fettling to register through the ramp. One might say. A bit of jiggery pokery!!

2 months later
#2903 6 years ago

Awesome. What’s that topper? A custom shallower one for less roof height?

#2908 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thanks. Yes made a custom low profile one to fit in my shed.
Couple more pics.

Good idea. Looks cool

2 months later
#2988 5 years ago

Wasn’t there supposed to be someone making un breakable rubber ones?
They would be a massive seller

#2994 5 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

hello i'v bought the rocks and "boulder garden plastic" but how do i fix the plastic on the rock ? thanks

It should be riveted. However for ease, I mounted mine using a piece of Velcro, as I thought it’s bound to break again and I’ll only have to drill out the river again!!

2 months later
#3046 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Im in desperate need of the spotlight bigfoot mod... where it comes on when he turns! Any1 kno where i can get it?
Or can i buy the always on one and hook it up to the bigfoot motor?

Judge Dreads Pinball on eBay does them I think. UK based though

3 weeks later
#3141 5 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Hi guys where to find the montain with the bad face that goes over the ramp ?
Thanks

Yes he’s a UK seller. Judge Dreads Pinball. Im not a huge modder but this is a must have on WH20.
Whilst you’re ordering from him you should also get the rafts and mountain lighting strip.

#3145 5 years ago

I actually think the mountain looks great. When you consider it was moulded by hand and hand painted it won’t be exact. I’m sure I’m teaching people To suck eggs when I say that the sculpt is based on the ball lock dmd animation. That’s the tie in. It doesn’t block anything so no worries there.

#3150 5 years ago

Good comparison pics there. It’s defo got to be one or the other, both would be too crowded imo. They both look good though

3 weeks later
#3235 5 years ago

In answer to your question Soulrider, yes that is your interlock switch, however it’s been bastardised as the original is white and normally mounted on a bracket at the top of the coin door. You can see the holes where yours used to be mounted

2 months later
#3436 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Picked up this beautiful wh20 and the topper is the nicest one ive ever seen... actually the pin looks like new for the most part. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m guessing that’s a repro topper with the non reflective foil? Hence why it looks new.

2 months later
#3669 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Having a very good, not really great game. No double or triple jackpots and no 5x playfield on white water jackpots...made it to Wet Willie’s. Hit the No Way Out shot and game shuts down like a game resetting issue....then BAM! Vacation Jackpot starts!!!! Wooohooo!!! My third VJ since the game has been in the collection in June. This game is a real adrenaline rush when it’s all cranked up. My third highest score to date.
[quoted image]

I’ve owned wh20 for about three years and never had a VJ. Man I suck. I have posted a billion point score but that was all down to 5x playfield jackpots. I will get it one day..... oh yes I will

2 months later
#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Holy shit!! Somebody needs to start a gofundme account to raise money for this guy to have a laser hair removal treatment.

I reckon he carries a fire extinguisher round with him. If he sees spark, he’s going up like a rocket!!

7 months later
#4489 4 years ago
Quoted from Mooseman:

I have my second ww incoming shortly but just noticed something unusual that I’ve not seen on another ww
This machine has an extra set of buttons by the flippers and these on the playfield.
Like magna save? Or skill posts?
Someone maybe added them?
Or prototype?
Comments plz[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Moose. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were added by an op to conform to British gaming laws back in the late 90’s early 00’s when you think all the euro export sterns had skill posts (tspp, Elvis, lotr era)
Just a thought but would make sense

#4491 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Agreed. Shame they cut into the inserts. It would be hard to patch that up. I wonder how these work. Can you just press the buttons anytime to block outlanes or center drain? That would make the game too easy.

Yes. In a word. It was a requirement at the time may have been satisfying someone it was a game of skill and not a gamble!!

2 weeks later
#4513 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

UK specific pin. Was made in factory to comply with regulations.
They are called "outlane guard posts" if I remember correctly

Not back in 1993 I don’t think. The only pins in the U.K. I’ve ever seen with mandatory skill posts are early 00’s Sterns (Elvis, tspp, lotr etc..) that’s an op home brew I think. Especially given the crudeness of it. Not factory.

2 months later
#4701 4 years ago

Nice work. Does anyone else find the recess for the ramp as circled here, isn’t deep enough. So my plastic ramp sits proud of the wood. The previous owner sanded the plastic down to eliminate the lip!! Obviously it looks a complete bastard. So I bought a new ramp (not realising why the old one had been sanded) only to realise why!! So I basically need to chisel a millimetre of wood out of the mini playfield so the ramp sits flush with the playfield.
It’s an original mini playfield.
Anyone else experienced this?

BF965623-56BA-4A11-897A-FB5653CCE1F1 (resized).jpegBF965623-56BA-4A11-897A-FB5653CCE1F1 (resized).jpeg
#4704 4 years ago

There’s not a lot you can do with the ramp, except sand it, which then scratches the hell out of it and looks awful. I think a small sharp chisel and some care will sort it.

#4707 4 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

This is what Novus is for. If you sand progressively using finer and finer paper as you go along, then finish with Novus, you can get a nice, smooth, glossy finish.

Yeah I hear ya. But to sand over a mil of ramp back so progressively that the scratches can be novus polished out, would take far to long for me. The easier and safer option is definitely chisel out the recess

2 months later
#4910 3 years ago

Looks legit to me. You’ll soon tell when it’s lit

#4913 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

it is original. it is also very easy to tell once you turn the machine on. The difference is very noticeable. I have found a way to make the reproduction work almost as good as the original.

You can’t just drop that bombshell and move on like nothing happened. This could be as significant as the colonels secret blend of herbs and spices and the original coke recipe

6 months later
#5356 3 years ago

Man, I’m into that. I really love it

6 months later
#5889 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You can definitely find this at the top of my "why in the world?!" List.

Nothing screams rafting, Bigfoot and American wilderness like a 60’s british Morris Traveller

3 months later
#6081 2 years ago
Quoted from DwightEisenhower:

I have been replacing all my incandescent bulbs with LEDs and have this situation in my back box. The lights were out before switching to LEDs and I thought they were just bad bulbs. I have looked at the fuses and none of them appear blown. Any suggestions on how to approach? I have tried looking through the forums but I am a little stuck.
Appreciate any help. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Are any of your playfield GI lights out as well? I’d start by looking at the GI connector on the board and seeing how toasty it looks. Check continuity back to the board. Check voltages from the board too. Failing that reflow the header pins. GI is generally a simple fix

4 months later
#6348 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Ok here's the question of the day.... to LED or not to LED the topper. Sounds like you could lose the waterfall effect with LED's. What has your experience been?

I’m saying…. Not to do. Keep it incandescent. It just won’t be the same

6 months later
#6834 1 year ago

Had mine about 8 years. I’m a terrible player and never had a VJ. Mentioned this to my mate who came round the other day (he’s very good) and he said “Let’s get one now” fourth game in he achieved it. Just like that! Was great to witness. Finished with a 1.3billion score. 28 waterfalls. Wasn’t even trying. Bastard
It’s that chase that keeps this game fresh for me. Been one shot away many times but always fluff it. Ya Weener!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.95
Hardware
RavSpec
Hardware
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
17,250 (OBO)
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sciddleybop1980.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=Sciddleybop1980 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.