Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5304 3 years ago

Hi guys,
At the time it all seemed so easy to take this game apart but it is now very apparent that I should have taken more photos during disassembly as my memory is not what I had hoped.
Can anyone confirm that the sign / upper playfield ball rail just attaches to the whirlpool ramp with screws such as in the picture? It just feels like I'm missing something here?? It also seem that this piece needs to be flush against the underside of the mini playfield so the screws just don't seem right.
Thanks for any help.

txERL8dqQeW86aA6ZgfgkQ (resized).jpgtxERL8dqQeW86aA6ZgfgkQ (resized).jpg
#5308 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Here's a pic I took during my swap. I believe you are correct
[quoted image]

Ahhh I see now, so the whirlpool ramp and the ball guide actually attaches to the underside on the upper playfield. I'm so glad I asked and didn't proceed any further. I really appreciate this arcadenerd925, you've saved me a lot of time

2 months later
#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Do you have the reorchestration by Endprodukt in the pinsound?

Where is this reorchestration file available from? Is this one of the two available to download on the Pinsound site? Thanks for any help.

1 week later
#5499 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Yes,
You can download the files, unzip them, and listen to the music to see what you think.
With Pinsound you can load both the original and reorchestration sounds into your pin. You can even switch between the two when the game is playing. I have a Getaway with 6 different sound packages in it (5 of which I made).

Apologies for my dumbass questions but I'm hoping you can help me ...

So you just load both the original file and the reorchestration sounds on the one usb stick? How do ou then select which file you want to use?

Thanks for any assistance.

#5506 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Not a dumb question at all. You can have multiple sound sets on one USB. Adjust the volume down to zero and it will forward to the next set of sounds.

Fantastic - thanks very much

3 months later
#5857 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I received the “missing Mountain “. However it doesn’t have any clips or anything to attach it to the area. How do I attach it?

I bought mine from an Aussie guy that was making them. It came with some velcro tape to secure it to the ramp either side of the missing mountain. It secures it quite nicely and is not visible. Mine's been in my game for a few years and stayed in place perfectly.

7 months later
#6324 2 years ago

I added a few pine trees to my game. I think they look quite good scale-wise and fit the theme. I bought them from eBay and when received them found that the green stuff on the trees can drop a bit on the playfield. I sprayed a little clear coat on them before I mounted them and all good.

IMG_5199 (resized).JPGIMG_5199 (resized).JPGIMG_5202 (resized).JPGIMG_5202 (resized).JPGIMG_5204 (resized).JPGIMG_5204 (resized).JPG
#6331 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

The trees look really good! I might have to try that. Let me know if the tree still shed after some games despite the clear coating. Did you remove the playfield to install the art blades?

The trees don't shed unless I rub my hands over them or something like that so they are all good after the clear coat. Prior to that, they would shed if you bumped them. I've had them on my game for over a year now I'd say.

I don't remove the playfield to install art blades. I kind of do it like this:

1. Have playfield in upright position.
2. Hold art blade in position and then use masking tape to keep it in place.
3. Start at the coin door end and peel off maybe 12 inches of backing and then cut that off and fix that end of the decal in place.
4. With the playfield in the upright position, make sure it is slid back as far as you can.
5. Make sure the decal is still lined up all the way and start peeling the backing off starting at the section you cut and then head towards the back of the game.
6. When you get to the position of the upright playfield, carefully slide the upright playfield to its most forward position (past the point that you had stuck the decal).
7. Apply the rest of the decal to the back.

My directions above really suck but it's actually very easy. It would be better to explain with photos or a vid. I hope it helps anyway.

#6334 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

The trees look like they are wrapped around a screw head. Is that how they are installed? I’m going to buy some tomorrow.

The base of the trees was like wire so I bent the end section of it at 90 degrees and then just tightened the screw heads down on it. They are quite secure unless you loosen the screws. They've been on my game for a while and never come loose.

Please post some photos if you get some in your game. I'd love to check it out.

#6335 2 years ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

Thats an awesome looking Whitewater!

Thanks for the compliment. I've had the game for maybe 15 years and done various "restores" on it over the years. Right now, pretty much everything on it has been replaced with new parts at some point over the years. The playfields are the originals but had them restored and clear coated. The only flaw with the main playfield is that there was a little bit of planking that you can still see if you look from side on with light reflecting but you can't see it from a player's position. The surface is beautiful and like glass.

#6355 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

An adhesive spray might do even better to prevent shedding.
[quoted image]
His trees look like these:
ebay.com link: itm

I think you may be right about the spray adhesive. I first just used hair spray which helped but not the best. The clear coat spray works quite well as they never shed on my playfield but they will still shed a little if you touch them. If I was doing it again, I would try the spray adhesive to see if that may be the best.

This is a link to the trees I bought. I wasn't sure which would be best when I bought them but the lighter green ones are by far the best:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/194384604357?hash=item2d4239acc5:g:QikAAOSwhzphTAIF

The height of them is 90mm or just under 4 inches. You can see in the photo how I bent the base (and squashed with pliers to make flat surface) to secure under the screw heads. There may be better ways to attach but this definitely works.
IMG_5206 (resized).JPGIMG_5206 (resized).JPGIMG_5207 (resized).JPGIMG_5207 (resized).JPG

#6356 2 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

I absolutely love the pinduino on WH20. Did mine as well.

Yeah I really like the effect too especially when you make a ramp shot and the LEDs kind of follow the ball down the ramp.

#6357 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Installing side art is much easier with two people. If you install side art on your games, I suggest you purchase an Interior Cabinet Game Blade Protector Set for when you are working on a game in the future. WW is a particularly tight fit. Pinball Life sells them https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html?Category_Code=

Yes definitely! My wife always helps me when I do the art blades (and cab decals). She's not into pinball but when it comes to decal application, we're a team

The art blades I have on my game is what gave me the idea to put some pine trees on the playfield. I wanted to bring the look of that art onto the playfield as well.

#6362 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I just bought some. I’ll clear coat tonight. Install them tomorrow. Send some pictures.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow they are some nice looking trees.

As someone else suggested; it might be best to use some spray adhesive instead of clear coat like I used. Clear coat works but it could be better. I would have used spray adhesive if I had thought of it at the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,250 (OBO)
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=Drac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.