Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 157.
#4801 4 years ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

any reason it would flash every other time but not during the whirlpool challenge?

Gotta be the Rom version you'd think. What are you running?

#4802 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotta be the Rom version you'd think. What are you running?

L-4

#4803 4 years ago

L-6H is pretty standard these days

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

L-6H is pretty standard these days

Yeah. It’s weird. The lamp definitely works just doesn’t blink during that mode. I’ll try a rom upgrade

#4805 4 years ago

I bought a real piece of crap white water and it delivered today. I mean a real large pile of steamy crap.

#4806 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I bought a real piece of crap white water and it delivered today. I mean a real large pile of steamy crap.

How bad is it ?

#4807 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Let us see some pictures!

#4808 4 years ago

And how much does a pile of steamy Whitewater crap cost these days...?

#4809 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

And how much does a pile of steamy Whitewater crap cost these days...?

cost me $3500, was probably worth $2800. No topper, crazy dirty, smells like a dead mouse inside. Everything is present. I will have it flipping soon, just not going to put much money into it. It will be a decent player. Once I get it flipping it should be able to sell for $3800 or so. I l like projects so not a really a money issues, but it is for sure more of a project than I wanted.

#4810 4 years ago

Does anyone have a really good picture of the lower playfield? specifically wet willy area, I want to print a overlay to cover a touch of flipper bat wear.

#4811 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Does anyone have a really good picture of the lower playfield? specifically wet willy area, I want to print a overlay to cover a touch of flipper bat wear.

I hope it's good enough, Cruze scan
wh2o lower pf.jpgwh2o lower pf.jpg

#4812 4 years ago

I have the same flipper wear. Does anyone make a decal of Willy?

9B1C8526-BF0E-4A42-A308-C2DE80A96F8C (resized).jpeg9B1C8526-BF0E-4A42-A308-C2DE80A96F8C (resized).jpeg
#4813 4 years ago

Just installed the NVRAM. Not so bad with the right tool! Got a $20 desoldering iron to do the job. Also, never seen this done to a battery pack...

IMG_20200423_203441 (resized).jpgIMG_20200423_203441 (resized).jpgIMG_20200423_211425 (resized).jpgIMG_20200423_211425 (resized).jpgIMG_20200423_211448 (resized).jpgIMG_20200423_211448 (resized).jpg
#4814 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I have the same flipper wear. Does anyone make a decal of Willy?[quoted image]

Mines in exact spot - I will make some decals

#4815 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I hope it's good enough, Cruze scan
[quoted image]

this will work,but can you do another to include the entire hat?

#4816 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

this will work,but can you do another to include the entire hat?

Wh2o_cut (resized).jpgWh2o_cut (resized).jpg
#4818 3 years ago

Hey all, looking for a bit of insight here. Have an opportunity to rent White Water for the month, but have only played the Pinball FX3 version. I love it, but it also kicks my ass. For those who have played both, how true to form are we talking?

I am pretty sold on the rental myself, but I've gotta get my wife on board, and I don't know if she'll enjoy the challenge as much as I will. For reference, we're renting Ghostbusters at the moment and it's a love/hate relationship. Thanks in advance!

#4819 3 years ago

Well, I can't speak to the FX3 thing, but renting a Whitewater seems like a no-brainer to me. I've owned mine for over 20 years, and it's still my favorite game.

Can it be hard? Sure, but that mostly depends on how it is set up.

#4820 3 years ago

I finally got around to installing a Cliffy protector where the VUK dents the upper playfield, and when I took a couple of plastics off, I found a flasher hanging by it's wires, not attached to anything. Diagnostics tell me that it is for Bigfoot's body, but I'm not sure how and where to attach it. Can anyone tell me briefly where this flasher attaches and how it fits on the game? TIA

#4821 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Hey all, looking for a bit of insight here. Have an opportunity to rent White Water for the month, but have only played the Pinball FX3 version. I love it, but it also kicks my ass. For those who have played both, how true to form are we talking?
I am pretty sold on the rental myself, but I've gotta get my wife on board, and I don't know if she'll enjoy the challenge as much as I will. For reference, we're renting Ghostbusters at the moment and it's a love/hate relationship. Thanks in advance!

Do it, don’t even think about it, Do it Do it Lol
Wh2o is simply fantastic. Rent it, set it up to play easy for the beginning. Get used to the shots and then toughen it up if you like. Super fun callouts and music. It would be a mistake not to try it.

#4822 3 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

I finally got around to installing a Cliffy protector where the VUK dents the upper playfield, and when I took a couple of plastics off, I found a flasher hanging by it's wires, not attached to anything. Diagnostics tell me that it is for Bigfoot's body, but I'm not sure how and where to attach it. Can anyone tell me briefly where this flasher attaches and how it fits on the game? TIA

I can try to tell you where it goes, as I just found mine recently. It mounts under the upper playfield with a screw and is located under the large plastic that semi-surrounds BF. You'll never get it re-attached in the original spot without some disassembly. I'd make sure it works, and affix it as best you can somewhere under that plastic (until you really want to take the upper playfield off).

#4823 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Have an opportunity to rent White Water for the month

Don't do it , you will want to buy one!
Super fun game.

#4824 3 years ago

I think we are all a little biased here lol. WH2O is a very desirable game and most people enjoy it. Liked it before I bought one and loved it even more after owning one. I think it has the most character of all 90s dmd games.
It can be a tough game if mine kickout aggressive or setup tough. Easy to adjust those things, though.

#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

It goes under the whirlpool decal on the plastic to the left of bigfoot.

#4826 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

how true to form are we talking?

As true to form as an emulation can really get. I’ve always found that digital versions of games are a little more predictable and easy than the real tables are.

Difficulty of the real deal can vary greatly depending on factors like the outlane adjustments and playfield angle. Either way, white water is a top notch game. Mine sits between an attack from mars and Addams family, and I wholeheartedly prefer playing white water to both. You absolutely will not regret the rental.

#4827 3 years ago

What kind of bulbs are under the whirlpool assembly? Has anyone done anything interesting with these bulbs for LEDs?

Currently, I am alternating cool white and blue, but I'd like to change it to a light blue or just cool white. All the same color, or alternating?

#4828 3 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

What kind of bulbs are under the whirlpool assembly? Has anyone done anything interesting with these bulbs for LEDs?
Currently, I am alternating cool white and blue, but I'd like to change it to a light blue or just cool white. All the same color, or alternating?

#4829 3 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Try ice blue. Comet I think was where I got the ice blue from.

#4830 3 years ago

I like cool white with the blue condoms in the whirl pool.

#4831 3 years ago

Joined the club over the weekend. My game is running L-2 code, which seems to be quite early. Is anywhere I can read all the updates for L-5 or LH-6? Also my game came with lightning flippers. I didn't think that was stock, but can anyone confirm?

PS: The game came with a reproduction topper, so I got a little bit crafty last night and added some sparkle.
20200425_203603 (resized).jpg20200425_203603 (resized).jpg

#4832 3 years ago
#4833 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

PS: The game came with a reproduction topper, so I got a little bit crafty last night and added some sparkle.

Did you add some glitter? What crafty little bit did you do?

#4834 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Did you add some glitter? What crafty little bit did you do?

Yeah, it was just a flat sticker, so I added some glitter. Personally, I think it looks a lot better, but it probably doesn't really translate on camera.

#4835 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I don't quite like how White Water plays in FX3, though part of that is probably because the audio is still bugged out on that version (WH2O has one of my favorite soundtracks in pinball so hearing it broken like it is in FX3 annoys me even more than it normally would). That said, I can't get enough of it IRL so if you enjoy it in FX3 you should love renting one for a while!

#4836 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Also my game came with lightning flippers. I didn't think that was stock, but can anyone confirm?

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

I am also wondering this, mine also had "normal" ones but you find some other infos online too.
So what is really original, lightning or normal ones?

#4837 3 years ago

The manual states that the WH20 flipper bat is part 20-9250-5 (described as flipper w/shaft, white). This is the "normal" flipper bat.

However, the part list lists BOTH the 20-9250-5 and the 20-9734-5 (described as Flipper euro w/shaft, white). This is the white "lightning" bat.

Perhaps the machine was shipped with both? Or perhaps US machines got regular flippers and the Euro-destined machines got the lightning ones?

Supposedly the whole lightning flippers thing was a Euro requested idea.

#4838 3 years ago

I have a europe machine (Switzerland) and it is equipped with the "normal" ones without lightning.
My guess is then, they shipped it with what ever was available not related to the geographic destination of the machine.

#4839 3 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

The problem with LEDs in applications like that is they can really mess up some of the chasing effect due to the instant "on/off". The LED and GI OCD add-on boards address this issue with most of the game's lighting but I don't think these add-on boards will affect the whirlpool lights. I vaguely remember putting LEDs in mine but then switched them back to incandescent bulbs.

#4840 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Joined the club over the weekend. My game is running L-2 code, which seems to be quite early. Is anywhere I can read all the updates for L-5 or LH-6? Also my game came with lightning flippers. I didn't think that was stock, but can anyone confirm?
[quoted image]

so i just picked up a beater white water, i got it home and broke it down this weekend. It still had the goody bag on the inside cabinet. Inside the good bag was 3 extra plastics (whirlpool and sling plastics) and guess what? 2 brand new lightning flippers. So it must have shipped with a set of lightning flips.

Mine was missing the original topper so i bought a repro, how did you add the glitter?

#4841 3 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The problem with LEDs in applications like that is they can really mess up some of the chasing effect due to the instant "on/off". The LED and GI OCD add-on boards address this issue with most of the game's lighting but I don't think these add-on boards will affect the whirlpool lights. I vaguely remember putting LEDs in mine but then switched them back to incandescent bulbs.

i'm about to install an led-ocd board in my game, but my whirlpool lights are still incandescent bulbs. can anyone confirm if these operate independent of the ledocd board.

Edit: I spoke to LEDOCD people, the whirlpool lights should be leds, not incandescents. Takes 5 minutes to change them.

#4842 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

so i just picked up a beater white water, i got it home and broke it down this weekend. It still had the goody bag on the inside cabinet. Inside the good bag was 3 extra plastics (whirlpool and sling plastics) and guess what? 2 brand new lightning flippers. So it must have shipped with a set of lightning flips.

This is the rumor I've heard. The games all shipped with standard flippers installed, but inside the goodie bag were two lightning flippers.

Quoted from woody76:

Mine was missing the original topper so i bought a repro, how did you add the glitter?

I did it in layers to build it up where I wanted more glitter. I started with a thin layer of modge podge painted over all of the water. I think applied a dusting of glitter. Next I took glue and applied it where I wanted a thicker layer of glitter. This included the top of the falls, vertical streaks down the falls, and in the splash area. I think applied more glitter. Repeat as needed. I've also purchased a "wave light" which is a light that is supposed to simulate moving water. No idea how that will look, if it doesn't look good on the topper, I might try it under the machine to light up the floor.

#4843 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Also my game came with lightning flippers. I didn't think that was stock, but can anyone confirm?

Quoted from lpeters82:

The games all shipped with standard flippers installed, but inside the goodie bag were two lightning flippers.

Can confirm. My white water is a HUO example with the goodie bag still in the game that included 2 lightning flippers.

#4844 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Can confirm. My white water is a HUO example with the goodie bag still in the game that included 2 lightning flippers.

My explanation:
Fish Tales production was at end of 1992.
Based on ipdb.org: "Designer Mark Ritchie stated that the European distributors had wanted a shorter flipper."
Fish Tales manufacturing was followed by Creature from the Black Lagoon, then White Water. I guess the stock level of shorter flippers was pretty high at that time.

#4845 3 years ago

I just got VJ for the first time...no one in my family really gives a crap and I had to tell someone. Figured you guys would listen!

#4846 3 years ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

no one in my family really gives a crap and I had to tell someone.

Lol...
Congratulations .. Just did the same less than a month ago

#4847 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i'm about to install an led-ocd board in my game, but my whirlpool lights are still incandescent bulbs. can anyone confirm if these operate independent of the ledocd board.
Edit: I spoke to LEDOCD people, the whirlpool lights should be leds, not incandescents. Takes 5 minutes to change them.

Sweet. For some reason I remember those not being on the 'map" of LEDs for the board. I'll have to revisit.

#4848 3 years ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

I just got VJ for the first time...no one in my family really gives a crap and I had to tell someone. Figured you guys would listen!

Congrats i'm still trying to get it. I thought I finally had it the other day but then I screwed it up.

#4849 3 years ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

I just got one over the weekend too. It was the first time that my son say it happen. To which he responded, oh, that's easy to do, i've almost done it so many times. I said yeah, almost doesn't cut it. I've only gotten it a handful of times in 12 years.

#4850 3 years ago

So, the people who just got Vacation Jackpot, how much was the jackpot value when you got it?

I've always been curious about how the Jackpot value increases. Normally, it starts at 200 million and goes up by 10,000 after each play, but at some point I think it starts to accelerate. When I bought my machine, it's value was around 750 million...which would be 55,000 plays at 10,000 each (and this assumes that no one had EVER reached VJ, and the machine had never been reset).

Considering that the machine was only 4 years old at the time, that number of plays seems unlikely.

Furthermore, I have seen a couple of other Whitewater machines with Jackpot values around 750 million also. This seems like too much of a coincidence.

As for how often I get VJ, I can make it about 20% of the time. I've gotten it twice in one game many times, and in one game (long ago) got it a third time. This is with standard 6.5 degree incline, normal tilt, and a "hard" outlane. Of course, I've been playing the machine for over 20 years, so I know all the angles and shots pretty well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

17,250 (OBO)
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/97?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.