• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 157.
#4551 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I've had my machine for 2 years and it's had an insane amount of plays and it's never one done that. What it does instead that drives me crazy is sometimes when I load up No way out with 2 balls it will sometimes go to pop the ball up the wireform and the ball won't make it out. It then falls back down but the ball behind it has already rolled into position on the popper cup. Now it sits there trying to eject 2 balls which it can't do and the game goes into ball search mode. Then you have to remove the glass, grab a screwdriver and wait for balls to shoot up the wireform and grab it with the screwdriver. At this point your multiball is shot to shit cause it will eject the other ball as well. Very frustrating i'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue. I've taken the whole assembly out and fully examined it but have not seen any reason for the problem to persist.

I had the same problem but I got it fixed. In my game the ball was hitting a small metal guide that’s about 1x2 inches big that is next to the cup that fires the ball upwards. I could actually see a small wear mark where it hit. Bending this out of the way a little made everything ok.

#4552 4 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Routed - fresh off route - “Im looking for a White Water to buy or Trade. All I've got to trade is a routed Monster Bash valued at $4,750”
2020-01-18
Chesapeake, VA
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 535 times
Contributed to Pinside

#4553 4 years ago

Pics^^^^^

#4554 4 years ago

ill get some posted here in just a little bit

#4555 4 years ago

I was able to reach Vacation jackpot this week. The reward effects looked magnificent! Yesterday I also switched to LH6 from LH2 and the game feels more alive now. Lost all my scores, but I'll get them back!

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from Osvivalt:

I was able to reach Vacation jackpot this week. The reward effects looked magnificent! Yesterday I also switched to LH6 from LH2 and the game feels more alive now. Lost all my scores, but I'll get them back!

Congrats on getting the Vacation Jackpot ! The reward effects are indeed magnificent and a big thrill for sure.

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from Osvivalt:

Nice! What's the difference between LH6 and LH2?

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

I had the same problem but I got it fixed. In my game the ball was hitting a small metal guide that’s about 1x2 inches big that is next to the cup that fires the ball upwards. I could actually see a small wear mark where it hit. Bending this out of the way a little made everything ok.

Very interesting I will have to look into this. Im a little, no scratch that i'm a lot aggravated right now trying to track down a false switch. Anyone have the issue where you have say disaster drop and insanity falls lit and you hit it up disaster drop and it calls out insanity falls and advances the raft when it clearly shouldn't? Its also done it when other shit is lit and I hit something and it advances the raft also when it shouldnt. It's driving me freaking nuts trying to solve the Ghost in my machine.

#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Very interesting I will have to look into this. Im a little, no scratch that i'm a lot aggravated right now trying to track down a false switch. Anyone have the issue where you have say disaster drop and insanity falls lit and you hit it up disaster drop and it calls out insanity falls and advances the raft when it clearly shouldn't? Its also done it when other shit is lit and I hit something and it advances the raft also when it shouldnt. It's driving me freaking nuts trying to solve the Ghost in my machine.

Are you certain that you are not completing the bounceback targets (with bounceback already lit) on the way up Disaster Drop OR you are hitting Disaster Drop for a multiple of 3 times?

Either of these things will "spot" a needed hazard and do what you describe (by design). Does this only happen when you are making the Disaster Drop shot, or does it also happen when you make other Hazards?

#4560 4 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Congrats on getting the Vacation Jackpot ! The reward effects are indeed magnificent and a big thrill for sure.

Thanks! According to statistics, it took me about 15 hours of gameplay to reach it.

Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice! What's the difference between LH6 and LH2?

I probably made a spelling mistake and meant L2 instead of LH2 (which of course doesn't exist). The game has more light effects, music playing at the end of the game and a simple ball save which can be adjusted. This thread has a full list of changes:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wh20-home-vs-non-home-roms-difference

#4561 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Are you certain that you are not completing the bounceback targets (with bounceback already lit) on the way up Disaster Drop OR you are hitting Disaster Drop for a multiple of 3 times?
Either of these things will "spot" a needed hazard and do what you describe (by design). Does this only happen when you are making the Disaster Drop shot, or does it also happen when you make other Hazards?

It has done it while hitting other targets as well. I've had No way out lit and insaniy falls lit and after hitting it up No way out it called out insanity falls and advanced my raft.

#4562 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

It has done it while hitting other targets as well. I've had No way out lit and insaniy falls lit and after hitting it up No way out it called out insanity falls and advanced my raft.

Go into switch test and verify they are working properly and not plugged in opposite.

#4563 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Go into switch test and verify they are working properly and not plugged in opposite.

Yep already did that as well and verified in switch edge that all switches registered.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

Is this only associated with disaster drop or any flashing targets?

#4564 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Is this only associated with disaster drop or any flashing targets?

Completing the 3 Red Bounceback targets will light the Bounceback, however, if the Bounceback is already lit, completing the targets will instead spot you one lit Hazard (not sure about how it decides which Hazard to spot), and WILL call out that Hazard as if you had hit it. If this is the last lit Hazard, it will then advance the Raft.

Also, for Disaster Drop only, every third drop will give you a "reward" which is usually a "Spot Hazard" (but can also be an Advance Raft or Light Extra Ball).

I only asked about these because often when shooting Disaster Drop with the right flipper, I can skim a Bounceback target on the way, get that to spot a hazard, and then hit Disaster Drop. If this is the 3rd Drop, I can end up with credit for 3 Hazards for a single shot.

If, as you say above, you hit No Way Out and it gave you credit for Insanity Falls...I have no explanation for that (unless you hit a bounceback target in the process). What version ROM are you running?

Actually, could you have a flaky switch on a bounceback target? It might be spotting you a Hazard sporadically. Do you ever see a Bounceback target light up by itself?

#4565 4 years ago

I am currently running LH6 roms. I will definitely mess with it when I get home this afternoon. Now I am totally 2nd guessing myself about maybe hitting those bounceback targets. However it still doesn't explain why a different lit tarhet would be called out when another target is hit. Pinball, it's great when it is working!

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I am currently running LH6 roms. I will definitely mess with it when I get home this afternoon. Now I am totally 2nd guessing myself about maybe hitting those bounceback targets. However it still doesn't explain why a different lit tarhet would be called out when another target is hit. Pinball, it's great when it is working!

My two cents when solving a similar problem on my WH20: While testing switches during the "switch edge test" make sure that the correct switch number is associated with each switch you test (as found in the manual pages 2-42 and 2-43). I had an issue where switch 48 was registering as switch 68 due to a mis-wiring issue.

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

My two cents when solving a similar problem on my WH20: While testing switches during the "switch edge test" make sure that the correct switch number is associated with each switch you test (as found in the manual pages 2-42 and 2-43). I had an issue where switch 48 was registering as switch 68 due to a mis-wiring issue.

Well I can eliminate switches not registering or registering a different number than they are supposed too. Can also thank mbeardsley because it was definitely the bounceback switches being hit after "bounceback" was already lit. Apparently I wasn't paying attention to the fact that I had bounceback lit and continued to hit the bounceback switches. Anyway nothing to see here folks just a machine working properly. Thx for making me aware of my stupidity

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well I can eliminate switches not registering or registering a different number than they are supposed too. Can also thank mbeardsley because it was definitely the bounceback switches being hit after "bounceback" was already lit. Apparently I wasn't paying attention to the fact that I had bounceback lit and continued to hit the bounceback switches. Anyway nothing to see here folks just a machine working properly. Thx for making me aware of my stupidity

Bourbon does some strange things to people!

#4569 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Glad that I could help another Missourian. I may live in Texas, but I was born in St. Louis (and went to school at Rolla).
Enjoy the WhiteWater...definitely my favorite machine.

#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Glad that I could help another Missourian. I may live in Texas, but I was born in St. Louis (and went to school at Rolla).
Enjoy the WhiteWater...definitely my favorite machine.

Ahh cool another fellow Missourian. Yes definitely wh20 is mine as well and someday I will reach that damn elusive Vacation Jackpot.

#4571 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

If you rule out the fact that Disaster Drop and and the Bounceback targets will "spot" rafts, you may need to dig into "switch matrix" issues. These can be really confusing and can cause the type of thing you are describing. Combinations of certain switches can trigger this behavior and when you add optos to the mix it can get maddening. Try to figure out what is causing the incorrect behavior. For example, does hitting the Lost Mine trigger Insanity Falls? Is it every time, or just some times? Definitely check every switch, including the optos, in test mode. If your wiring is correct, my advice is to make a copy of the switch matrix and map out where the problem may be. Being able to write on the matrix helps to wrap your head around the problem.

There are articles on the switch matrix and how to troubleshoot it. You may have to read these carefully and really dig into the issue to get anywhere.

I had a similar issue a few years back and it turned out to be a failing opto. The opto wasn't always out, so the problem was intermittent. Remember that an opto is reversed from a switch so it's natural state is "on" rather than "off". When the beam failed (which was intermittent), AND I completed a certain shot, the combination of those two switches being simultaneously activated triggered the third switch, causing the incorrect behavior. Replacing the opto bulb fixed the issue.

#4572 4 years ago

Whoever added those pop up skill posts to that Wh20 should be take out the back and slapped.

Enough knowledge to install them, but not enough to know it's absolute blasphemy

#4573 4 years ago
Quoted from Cookizza:

Whoever added those pop up skill posts to that Wh20 should be take out the back and slapped.
Enough knowledge to install them, but not enough to know it's absolute blasphemy

No, don't take them out back...slap them in plain sight as a warning to others!

#4574 4 years ago

For some reason I can't adjust the game volume any lower than 8. It's possible to make the game louder, but 8 is the lowest. I have LH6. Any idea what's the case?

#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from Osvivalt:

For some reason I can't adjust the game volume any lower than 8. It's possible to make the game louder, but 8 is the lowest. I have LH6. Any idea what's the case?

ADJUSTMENTS -> STANDARD ADJ. -> MIN. VOL. OVERRIDE
Change to "YES".

#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

ADJUSTMENTS -> STANDARD ADJ. -> MIN. VOL. OVERRIDE

Ohh, such a simple solution! Thanks, it worked! I did check trough all the menus after changing the rom, but missed this one...

#4577 4 years ago

I wonder what the logic was to preventing an operator from turning the volume down to lower than 8. Kind of strange that they will let the volume go up so loud as to blow out the speakers, but not let it go lower than "just a bit too loud".

I always need to set mine down to 7, but can't do that unless I change this other setting first...kind of annoying.

#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I wonder what the logic was to preventing an operator from turning the volume down to lower than 8. Kind of strange that they will let the volume go up so loud as to blow out the speakers, but not let it go lower than "just a bit too loud".
I always need to set mine down to 7, but can't do that unless I change this other setting first...kind of annoying.

With this way, the owner/employee of location can't set the volume below 8. If the volume is too low, the earning is lower.

#4579 4 years ago

I'm in the process of swapping out my boulders and when I took the rear mountain off I realized someone b4 me made some halfass bracket to hold the switch in place. By any chance would anybody happen to have a spare bracket so I could install this this switch properly?

20200125_150930 (resized).jpg20200125_150930 (resized).jpg
#4580 4 years ago

The original bracket screws on where the ramp is broken. You can either epoxy the ramp and hope it's strong enough to attach an original bracket there or get a new ramp but you're going to have to remove a lot of the upper playfield to replace the ramp to attach the original bracket or just leave it if it works.

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from Mank:

The original bracket screws on where the ramp is broken. You can either epoxy the ramp and hope it's strong enough to attach an original bracket there or get a new ramp but you're going to have to remove a lot of the upper playfield to replace the ramp to attach the original bracket or just leave it if it works.

Well new ramps are on the agenda so eventually i'm going to need that bracket

#4582 4 years ago

You have the original bracket there already, the metal holder for the switch just screws straight into the plastic ramp where it is broken. New ramp and your good to go!

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from razoraustralia:

You have the original bracket there already, the metal holder for the switch just screws straight into the plastic ramp where it is broken. New ramp and your good to go!

No that piece of metal is a knockout piece off the back of a card slot on a pc. Totally missing the original bracket

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

No that piece of metal is a knockout piece off the back of a card slot on a pc. Totally missing the original bracket

Re-read post #4582. You have everything you need.

#4585 4 years ago

It is just the piece you have there that holds the switch. With a new ramp you will see.

#4586 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I'm in the process of swapping out my boulders and when I took the rear mountain off I realized someone b4 me made some halfass bracket to hold the switch in place. By any chance would anybody happen to have a spare bracket so I could install this this switch properly?[quoted image]

I posted a link that tells you how to adjust the ball guide to the left of this bracket so it doesn't get struck and broken by a ball flying up the ramp.

Here it is. EVERYONE should do this on their machine or it will end up like yours. Not a permanent change either.

#4587 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

The piece on top of the knockout IS the bracket you're set.

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

The piece on top of the knockout IS the bracket you're set.

Ahh I see it now that I looked closer at it. Good to know i'm not actually missing it. Thx for the help to all who commented

#4590 4 years ago

Been waiting a long ass time for this and am happy for sure. Really sucks though that you have to buy a pinsound setup to apy it cause those aren't cheap.

#4591 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Been waiting a long ass time for this and am happy for sure. Really sucks though that you have to buy a pinsound setup to apy it cause those aren't cheap.

mine been in the box 2 years waiting.........

#4592 4 years ago

Reached 1 billion points yesterday! Couldn't get the vacation jackpot this time, but still had a thrilling game.

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from Osvivalt:

Reached 1 billion points yesterday! Couldn't get the vacation jackpot this time, but still had a thrilling game.

I still haven't hit 1 billion yet, closest i've gotten is 942 million. If I didn't have this whole job thing to do I could spend more time playing pinball and get a higher score

#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I still haven't hit 1 billion yet, closest i've gotten is 942 million. If I didn't have this whole job thing to do I could spend more time playing pinball and get a higher score

Im with you on this one. The whole job thing is getting to be a drag.

#4595 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Ahh I see it now that I looked closer at it. Good to know i'm not actually missing it. Thx for the help to all who commented

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-missing-plastic-coming-soon/page/10#post-4691793

#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Thats an interesting fix. Did you put one of these on your machine?

No - but lowered the curved clear plastic at the end.

#4598 4 years ago

What a wh20 with a nice play field , new mountains , plastics and ramps ... and a color dmd...but no topper worth?

#4599 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What a wh20 with a nice play field , new mountains , plastics and ramps ... and a color dmd...but no topper worth?

I would like to know as well. I have anumber,. but I think shit is way more out of control than even i think

#4600 4 years ago

Lol I guess I am must wondering how much a no no it is to get one without a topper .

Apparently he actually has the topper but it’s in bad shape .. I’ll need to get a pic but let’s just assume it’s not there

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

17,250 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.