• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 157.
#4451 4 years ago

2 switches. One entry and one opto up top. Usually what happens is under the PF the connectors get switched betwixt that ramp and the other ramp. So it's registering an opto, but for the wrong ramp.
Put it in switch test mode and take a look what it says when you trip the opto.

#4452 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Awesome! Any pics before plastic re-install?

Here are some pics to give you an idea of what I did. The bigfoot spotlight mod had a bracket that mounted on the wireform. It was used to mount the spotlight but also perfect for adding another socket to light the boulder.

20191102_204856 (resized).jpg20191102_204856 (resized).jpg20191102_203314 (resized).jpg20191102_203314 (resized).jpg20191102_203353 (resized).jpg20191102_203353 (resized).jpg20191102_203328 (resized).jpg20191102_203328 (resized).jpg
#4453 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Here are some pics to give you an idea of what I did. The bigfoot spotlight mod had a bracket that mounted on the wireform. It was used to mount the spotlight but also perfect for adding another socket to light the boulder.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry if I have already asked this above/before. lol. those look great. are those comet strips?

#4454 4 years ago

Yes. All comet warm white light strips.

#4455 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

2 switches. One entry and one opto up top. Usually what happens is under the PF the connectors get switched betwixt that ramp and the other ramp. So it's registering an opto, but for the wrong ramp.
Put it in switch test mode and take a look what it says when you trip the opto.

Yep, it was exactly that. I wonder how long the previous owner had it this way
It makes in quite unplayable.

Many thanks!

#4456 4 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Yep, it was exactly that. I wonder how long the previous owner had it this way
It makes in quite unplayable.
Many thanks!

Its amazing how much crap you find wrong with a machine once you dive in and start shopping it out for 1st time. Don't be surprised if you come up with a bunch of other crap wrong. Wrong flipper coils, wrong fuses, and substituted parts to keep it running.

#4457 4 years ago

I'm browsing the web to get an answer if there's a coin mech version of "LH-6" rom but can't find it.
Does it exist?

#4458 4 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

I'm browsing the web to get an answer if there's a coin mech version of "LH-6" rom but can't find it.
Does it exist?

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2768/ww_lh6.zip

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?s=99822dea9c1bf3535bca292dcb245bda&app=downloads&showfile=1251

#4459 4 years ago

Thanks for the effort but I'm asking if there's a "non-home" version of LH-6.
Afaik the LH-6 only offers free play.

#4460 4 years ago

LH-6C Accepts coins and is available online

#4461 4 years ago

Great, so it does exist!
Found it on an old french site. Will try it out. Thanks.

#4462 4 years ago

Is it normal for the Big foot head to hit the log when spinning? His chin is half missing. I got a new head and replacement diverter shaft ( hands and log attaches to). The motor shaft does not look bent. The head is hitting an getting stuck. Any suggestions?

#4463 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Is it normal for the Big foot head to hit the log when spinning? His chin is half missing. I got a new head and replacement diverter shaft ( hands and log attaches to). The motor shaft does not look bent. The head is hitting an getting stuck. Any suggestions?

That's definitely not normal.

Does it behave normally otherwise? Does he look towards you like he should after blocking a ball? Looking in the manual, the chin should be a safe distance away.
Is it possible that the whole motor assembly is loose or tilted? Is the base bracket bent?

#4464 4 years ago

Out of the blue we started making a White Water pinball from Lego with my son ;D
IMG_20191109_105211 (resized).jpgIMG_20191109_105211 (resized).jpg

#4465 4 years ago

I have an extra Boulder Garden Boulder I never installed if anyone needs it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-boulder-garden-mountain

#4466 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I think that it's probably normal for him to rub his chin on his arm but I don't think it's normal that his chin would be hitting the log. There's a black rubber piece on the mech that might be missing from yours. To prevent any rubbing all together I added an extra spacer so that this chin clears everything. I had to re-paint the tip of Bigfoots chin but there was no damage to the actual plastic. FYI, if you need to re-paint his chin the good thing is that the grey they used is a simple black/white mix and I was able to get a perfect match. Grey can be very tough to match when it has different colors other than black and white mixed in but bigfoot's beard is fortunately just black and white.

#4467 4 years ago

I've had my WH2O torn down for far too long (over a year). It's a re-import from Denmark that I've had for 15 years. I finally decided to do a thorough shop job (not a restore) to get rid of the smoke smell (yes still). I took the playfield and all the boards out. I'm in the process of putting the boards back in the head. Is it best to test the boards first without connecting any harnesses/ribbon cables and then slowly add everything back in? I have switch & lamp matrix testers that I got last black friday so it seems like it would be best to test that way first. I searched the forums but didn't find anything that described a systematic approach like this.

#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I've had my WH2O torn down for far too long (over a year). It's a re-import from Denmark that I've had for 15 years. I finally decided to do a thorough shop job (not a restore) to get rid of the smoke smell (yes still). I took the playfield and all the boards out. I'm in the process of putting the boards back in the head. Is it best to test the boards first without connecting any harnesses/ribbon cables and then slowly add everything back in? I have switch & lamp matrix testers that I got last black friday so it seems like it would be best to test that way first. I searched the forums but didn't find anything that described a systematic approach like this.

What I like to do is hook everything up except the playfield. Most issues I've had have been playfield related. There are two harnesses from the cabinet, one is power from the transformer (you'll need that for anything to work) and the other is to all the cabinet components (you'll need that for the coin door switches to work for testing).

You'll need the speaker panel with display hooked up.

You'll need the ribbon cables hooked up as they send signals between the boards.

Lastly, there's a smaller cable that connects power between all the boards. You'll need that too.

#4469 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

What I like to do is hook everything up except the playfield. Most issues I've had have been playfield related. There are two harnesses from the cabinet, one is power from the transformer (you'll need that for anything to work) and the other is to all the cabinet components (you'll need that for the coin door switches to work for testing).
You'll need the speaker panel with display hooked up.
You'll need the ribbon cables hooked up as they send signals between the boards.
Lastly, there's a smaller cable that connects power between all the boards. You'll need that too.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks Bryan!

1 week later
#4470 4 years ago

How do you trigger the Vacation Jackpot?

I had my best game ever, made it to Wet Willies and got the roving jackpot... got 2 multiballs, triggered all of the items in the bolder garden atleast once, and made it to a class 6 river. However, I never got the vacation jackpot... What do I need to do? After I get the multiball, the vacation planner section for locked balls resets... so does river class and so do the boulder garden items...

Any help appreciated.

20191121_070338 (resized).jpg20191121_070338 (resized).jpg
#4471 4 years ago

You were close! You did everything except locking the third ball for Wh2o multiball must be the last thing you do, then vacation jackpot will run.

Definitely give the rules a good read — https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2768

Nice gc score!

#4472 4 years ago

Note the rules contain spoilers on the VJ! So I recommend *not* giving the rules a good read bc VJ is awesome.

I double-checked them to confirm that I was correct.

#4473 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

How do you trigger the Vacation Jackpot?

Hold the flipper for an instant update and it will show you the graphic of what you need

#4474 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hold the flipper for an instant update and it will show you the graphic of what you need

The Vacation Planner

#4475 4 years ago

I joined the club last week! This is my first pin ever. Got this game for 3600 eur (~4000 usd) and it's overall in very good shape. The playfield is in great condition! I will have to buy some spare parts as I got none. What would you recommend me to buy? I currently have to replace one bad switch and eventually the lock-target as it does not always register hits. What would be the best way to make the ball to spin more in the whirlpool?

VOEY7204 (resized).jpgVOEY7204 (resized).jpg
#4476 4 years ago

wax up the whirlpool and the ball will spin around it a lot more.

#4477 4 years ago

I’m looking for a decent translite. Anybody got one that they would sell? Thanks!

#4478 4 years ago

Anyone have an upper pf wireramp like this? I recently learned that the wireform should have an extension that fits in the hole at the bottom circled in the pic. Mine does not. It just hovers over the hole and not looks a bit off. It works okay mostly but hard to get the top bolder to sit correctly and part of the reason seems to be this wire form is in the way. I'm guessing it's some aftermarket one that does not fit correctly but not sure. Only replacement part I can find is on coinoppartsetc.com but it's $80.

20191124_213208 (resized).jpg20191124_213208 (resized).jpg
#4479 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Anyone have an upper pf wireramp like this? I recently learned that the wireform should have an extension that fits in the hole at the bottom circled in the pic. Mine does not. It just hovers over the hole and not looks a bit off. It works okay mostly but hard to get the top bolder to sit correctly and part of the reason seems to be this wire form is in the way. I'm guessing it's some aftermarket one that does not fit correctly but not sure. Only replacement part I can find is on coinoppartsetc.com but it's $80.[quoted image]

It’s a broken weld on your wire form it looks like to me.

#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

It’s a broken weld on your wire form it looks like to me.

Maybe. It's sits pretty high from that hole. From pictures, that extension does not look that long so things just seem off on mine.

#4481 4 years ago

Yep you are missing a little metal extender. Mine is "more" lined up that yours, but the extender isn't even in the hole.

Super horrible pic with outlined extender
20191125_102332 (resized).jpg20191125_102332 (resized).jpg

#4482 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep you are missing a little metal extender. Mine is "more" lined up that yours, but the extender isn't even in the hole.
Super horrible pic with outlined extender
[quoted image]

Yep mine also doesn't stay in the hole either and I tried to twist it to no evail but hey it works.

#4483 4 years ago

Could anyone send me a good quality picture of the eagle in the front cabinet I could use? Mine is very damaged because of the removed coin door security bar. I'm thinking about restoring the artwork in some way. This is the only area which is damaged, the rest of the cabinet is in excellent condition.

Quoted from Osvivalt:

[quoted image]

#4484 4 years ago

I have my second ww incoming shortly but just noticed something unusual that I’ve not seen on another ww
This machine has an extra set of buttons by the flippers and these on the playfield.
Like magna save? Or skill posts?
Someone maybe added them?
Or prototype?

Comments plz

61E8FF2E-849C-4103-8788-3803CDE14FB1 (resized).jpeg61E8FF2E-849C-4103-8788-3803CDE14FB1 (resized).jpeg934D00C3-3C71-4685-8591-912705662A7A (resized).jpeg934D00C3-3C71-4685-8591-912705662A7A (resized).jpegE5DA4DA1-3EF2-400D-8E2C-C1F9736C7A56 (resized).jpegE5DA4DA1-3EF2-400D-8E2C-C1F9736C7A56 (resized).jpeg
#4485 4 years ago

I've never seen that before. You'll have to post some pictures underneath the playfield when you get it.

#4486 4 years ago

Yes, very interesting. I've never seen one with anything like that.
I suspect it was added by someone themselves (rather than a prototype), since the artwork (especially at the outlanes) doesn't seem to support it.
If this was something that was being considered early on, then I would expect the artwork (and outlane inserts) would have been positioned better to support it.

On a side note, during last night's Monday Night Football on ESPN, they showed a brief segment on the Seattle Pinball Museum, with a WhiteWater prominently in view (though they mostly highlighted the Monday Night Football machine).

#4487 4 years ago

Never seen that before as well, looks like a magnetic mod by a previous owner. Etienne

#4488 4 years ago

Actually, I don't think it is magnetic. I suspect it is simply posts that raise up to prevent the ball from going out the outlanes or SDTM.

If they were magnets (like a Magna-Save) then they would need to be positioned above the inlanes, not the outlanes. The way they are positioned on that playfield would be more like a Magna-Drain.

#4489 4 years ago
Quoted from Mooseman:

I have my second ww incoming shortly but just noticed something unusual that I’ve not seen on another ww
This machine has an extra set of buttons by the flippers and these on the playfield.
Like magna save? Or skill posts?
Someone maybe added them?
Or prototype?
Comments plz[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Moose. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were added by an op to conform to British gaming laws back in the late 90’s early 00’s when you think all the euro export sterns had skill posts (tspp, Elvis, lotr era)
Just a thought but would make sense

#4490 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Actually, I don't think it is magnetic. I suspect it is simply posts that raise up to prevent the ball from going out the outlanes or SDTM.
If they were magnets (like a Magna-Save) then they would need to be positioned above the inlanes, not the outlanes. The way they are positioned on that playfield would be more like a Magna-Drain.

Agreed. Shame they cut into the inserts. It would be hard to patch that up. I wonder how these work. Can you just press the buttons anytime to block outlanes or center drain? That would make the game too easy.

#4491 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Agreed. Shame they cut into the inserts. It would be hard to patch that up. I wonder how these work. Can you just press the buttons anytime to block outlanes or center drain? That would make the game too easy.

Yes. In a word. It was a requirement at the time may have been satisfying someone it was a game of skill and not a gamble!!

#4492 4 years ago

Deffo poor positioning for magnets as previous stated they would just drop down the outlines when released.
Will update

#4493 4 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Moose. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were added by an op to conform to British gaming laws...

My first thought as well.

Quoted from jawjaw:

I wonder how these work. Can you just press the buttons anytime to block outlanes or center drain? That would make the game too easy.

Activated with buttons form what I've seen.
You should see them on the LOTR... Talk about a long game!
The ultimate training wheels

#4494 4 years ago

So game arrived and they are skill posts not magnets. I think they have been added after market looking at the switches used and crimp connectors. The wire was off each switch so put back on for fun. The side posts work. Come up for about 1 second. Then go down. Can’t get them to raise for about another 5 seconds. Maybe a timer involved maybe it’s when a certain lamp is lit who knows. Not managed to raise the centre post. Will probably just leave them disconnected to be honest.
Still looking for a topper

40AE70C1-1AF2-4D9F-AB4B-FA0E7A676CC2 (resized).jpeg40AE70C1-1AF2-4D9F-AB4B-FA0E7A676CC2 (resized).jpeg7DAF533D-60CF-4301-AD6F-F3FE7F28B9F0 (resized).jpeg7DAF533D-60CF-4301-AD6F-F3FE7F28B9F0 (resized).jpeg9AE3EFBC-8CD9-413E-9056-8DA83956E50A (resized).jpeg9AE3EFBC-8CD9-413E-9056-8DA83956E50A (resized).jpeg2C9887F3-7438-4998-9E69-F4BB4721A0FC (resized).jpeg2C9887F3-7438-4998-9E69-F4BB4721A0FC (resized).jpegB516BD9E-5B25-4187-BC97-EA47C62ED7AB (resized).jpegB516BD9E-5B25-4187-BC97-EA47C62ED7AB (resized).jpeg
#4495 4 years ago

they drilled right through the insert...so weird!
20191204_213413 (resized).jpg20191204_213413 (resized).jpg20191204_213417 (resized).jpg20191204_213417 (resized).jpg

#4496 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

they drilled right through the insert...so weird!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is a trip i've never seen anything like this before. Obviously it can be disabled but then your left with a jacked up playfield.

#4497 4 years ago

Who wants some rough water?

There is a new universal shaker in town. Announcement below.

Pinshakers would like to welcome Pinball Life as our exclusive online retailer for our universal shaker motor kits. We are extremely excited to work with Pinball Life and are looking forward to serving the pinball community along side them.
Visit http://www.pinballlife.com and order your kit today! They have the Standard and Premium versions in stock, ready to arrive by Christmas!

Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#4498 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Who wants some rough water?

Deal with both these companies , both have great customer service! Installed the Pinshaker in my WWH20 works great

1 week later
#4499 4 years ago

Did a deep cleaning for the 2nd level play field, followed the manual’s instructions and tagged every connection and all was good! Highly recommend labeling everything.

2776C96B-E8F6-4F87-9C8C-612F476AD1E5 (resized).jpeg2776C96B-E8F6-4F87-9C8C-612F476AD1E5 (resized).jpeg94607FB5-EF98-4E25-9E28-F870F8631308 (resized).jpeg94607FB5-EF98-4E25-9E28-F870F8631308 (resized).jpeg
#4500 4 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Highly recommend labeling everything.

Just sharpie the numbers on both sides of the plastic connector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/90?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.