Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 157.
#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Transistors? Q80 and Q54?
Nothing in common that I can see. Maybe reseat your ribbon cables too.

You sir are my personal hero for the day. I had already started to remove the board when I got your message. I put everything back the way it was... and nothing. I reseated the ribbon cables and it magically works 100%. Thank you for your help getting my pin fixed.

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You sir are my personal hero for the day. I had already started to remove the board when I got your message. I put everything back the way it was... and nothing. I reseated the ribbon cables and it magically works 100%. Thank you for your help getting my pin fixed.

Thank Zaza, he helped me with a similar issue on roadshow. Glad you got it fixed!

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Another small victory the side rails are on and the lockdown bar fits like a charm!!!
Whew... this is where the first cab failed.
Ready for the side rails
[quoted image]
Must say sc93cobra work never ceases to amaze me. Bling bling
[quoted image]
Annnd... it fits!
[quoted image]

Looks stunning!! Whose decals did you use?

#4404 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Anybody know what an original topper goes for these days?

One was posted to Facebook for $500 yesterday. Says it's original, but I can't tell from the pics.

#4405 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

One was posted to Facebook for $500 yesterday. Says it's original, but I can't tell from the pics.

What are the attributes of an original topper?

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

That doesn't include the stuff for the lights and dome either.

Quoted from marioparty34:

What are the attributes of an original topper?

Original has the correct foil that was never duplicated.

1 week later
#4407 4 years ago

Boulder set has been arrived. While I appreciate the effort, primary color is far away from original color, secondary color is way far away, looks like a chocolate mountain... Am I the only one who expect a nice colors for this money? And no, I don't believe that the reference set was soooooo dark at Starship Fantasy, I have never seen an original dark set like this.

20191004_180721 (resized).jpg20191004_180721 (resized).jpg20191004_181052 (resized).jpg20191004_181052 (resized).jpg
#4408 4 years ago

Those don't even look like they were from the same molds

#4409 4 years ago

A few things still need tweaking but mostly finished shopping my WH20. Comet leds, Titan rubbers, OCD GI, OCD LED, Hotfoot mod, and misc new parts. 2smd sunlight in GI and 1smd in inserts. All boulders lit with warm white light strips and bulbs. Happy to share how I did that if anyone interested. A lot of work went into just trying to get everything to fit right. One thing I noticed was my rear bolder has some holes on the right where it was rubbing against the back part of the cabinet. I made the boulder sit lower, lowered the flasher dome, and sanded down the back part of the cabinet where it rubbed just to get a hair of clearance to prevent further damage. Not sure if that is a common problem. I did buy a spare boulder set from Starship but agree that they are much darker than the originals. Decided to just keep them as spares and use what I have.

20191004_211642 (resized).jpg20191004_211642 (resized).jpg20191004_211658 (resized).jpg20191004_211658 (resized).jpg20191004_211716 (resized).jpg20191004_211716 (resized).jpg20191004_211727 (resized).jpg20191004_211727 (resized).jpg
#4410 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Boulder set has been arrived. While I appreciate the effort, primary color is far away from original color, secondary color is way far away, looks like a chocolate mountain... Am I the only one who expect a nice colors for this money? And no, I don't believe that the reference set was soooooo dark at Starship Fantasy, I have never seen an original dark set like this.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the same paint job as the Indy ruins a few years back. Way to glossy and cocoa/coffee dark.

#4411 4 years ago

Hello, Looking at jawjaw picture I want to share the following as I have done something similar.

I illuminated by LED (usind Noflix Target Light) the stand up targets of my WH2O ( replaced colored transparent, 5 blue, 2 white and 3 red), but so far all connected to GI. Looks nice.

I wonder if anyone has tried to make that setup interactive by connecting them to the "RIVER" lamp sockets? ( and the white arrows and the 3 red dot )

A naive connection may look strange to me as the "RIVER" target bank would start off and switch on as you hit the targets and lit the "RIVER" board insert LEDs. To me, usual pinball convention is to shoot where things are lit and shiny.

To make it "virtual drop target" they should all start the game "ON" and slowly get switch off as the "RIVER" letters on the board insert gets lit. This is where my knowledge of electronics stops, how to achieve that?

I suspect I need to keep my GI powering but add some king of transistor and connect one of the 3 legs to the "RIVER" socket light (middle one)? If anyone can give me an idea what to order and connect that would be cool

Etienne

#4412 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Boulder set has been arrived. While I appreciate the effort, primary color is far away from original color, secondary color is way far away, looks like a chocolate mountain... Am I the only one who expect a nice colors for this money? And no, I don't believe that the reference set was soooooo dark at Starship Fantasy, I have never seen an original dark set like this.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Peter I do agree with you that for that kind of money I would have expected a closer match in colors. On the other hand mine were in such bad shape that I was just excited to have some replacements.

#4413 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hey Peter I do agree with you that for that kind of money I would have expected a closer match in colors. On the other hand mine were in such bad shape that I was just excited to have some replacements.

I mixed mine in with the originals that weren’t broken, so for me it looks like different areas of natural rock, waay better Colors than the German repros though.

7FE502F1-6B09-4695-99EA-A2525163F1FC (resized).jpeg7FE502F1-6B09-4695-99EA-A2525163F1FC (resized).jpeg
#4414 4 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hello, Looking at jawjaw picture I want to share the following as I have done something similar.
I illuminated by LED (usind Noflix Target Light) the stand up targets of my WH2O ( replaced colored transparent, 5 blue, 2 white and 3 red), but so far all connected to GI. Looks nice.
I wonder if anyone has tried to make that setup interactive by connecting them to the "RIVER" lamp sockets? ( and the white arrows and the 3 red dot )
A naive connection may look strange to me as the "RIVER" target bank would start off and switch on as you hit the targets and lit the "RIVER" board insert LEDs. To me, usual pinball convention is to shoot where things are lit and shiny.
To make it "virtual drop target" they should all start the game "ON" and slowly get switch off as the "RIVER" letters on the board insert gets lit. This is where my knowledge of electronics stops, how to achieve that?
I suspect I need to keep my GI powering but add some king of transistor and connect one of the 3 legs to the "RIVER" socket light (middle one)? If anyone can give me an idea what to order and connect that would be cool
Etienne

Are you saying you want to tie lights behind the standup targets to the inserts? That would be coo but would be a challenge to get all the lighting just right.

#4415 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Are you saying you want to tie lights behind the standup targets to the inserts? That would be coo but would be a challenge to get all the lighting just right.

Yes this is what I mean. Should be possible

#4416 4 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Yes this is what I mean. Should be possible

You could even slip some small leds in front of the targets pointed up. It'd be a neat effect with the clear targets.

#4417 4 years ago

Got our machine pretty much complete now, with the addition of the Starship Fantasy boulder set.

They are a bit darker than the originals but they light up incredibly well and I'm very happy to have paid the extra money compared to the European made ones which I saw recently on a machine and they look horrible.

We've added 3 extra lights using the comet matrix products:

1. A flexie one way natural white LED on the bigfoot cave boulder
2. A multi-head flexie on the back left of the back mountain range to light the left and middle of the mountains.
3. An Ice-Blue LED behind the mountain range that spills blue over the back left ramps (tough to see in pics but gives all the ramps a nice blue tint)

We also replaced the whirlpool red lights with a collection of blue and ice blue and swapped the red and yellow billboard jackpot indicator lights to white and blue which goes with the table so much better, IMO.

The mantis protectors for the lock targets do a great job but they do prevent the softer taps from lighting the lock. Worth it though.

Really the star of the show is the way these new boulders light up.

image3 (1) (resized).jpegimage3 (1) (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage2 (1) (resized).jpegimage2 (1) (resized).jpeg
#4418 4 years ago

Just finished mine up, rebuilt everything underneath, new ramps, dome and boulders from Starship Fantasy, Titan clear silicone rubber with blue post runners. Translucent yellow pop bodies really added more lighting in that dark boulder garden. Happy to have one again!
1539C76B-F29E-42D6-843E-853059712113 (resized).jpeg1539C76B-F29E-42D6-843E-853059712113 (resized).jpeg6957C28A-BD4C-46A5-BDEA-FB5979B29758 (resized).jpeg6957C28A-BD4C-46A5-BDEA-FB5979B29758 (resized).jpeg74491900-464D-47A6-A1E4-AFEDDC01776D (resized).jpeg74491900-464D-47A6-A1E4-AFEDDC01776D (resized).jpegFDD857B0-0843-41C3-B876-5A47FB88BB89 (resized).jpegFDD857B0-0843-41C3-B876-5A47FB88BB89 (resized).jpeg

#4419 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Translucent yellow pop bodies really added more lighting in that dark boulder garden

Hey, I like that! Now that I've gotten my feet wet going through a couple of other games top to bottom, I may do the same with my Whitewater. It could use some fixes and cleanup.

I like the ceiling modification too. I have to do that in my dad's basement for whirlwind.

#4420 4 years ago
Quoted from Cookizza:

Got our machine pretty much complete now, with the addition of the Starship Fantasy boulder set.
They are a bit darker than the originals but they light up incredibly well and I'm very happy to have paid the extra money compared to the European made ones which I saw recently on a machine and they look horrible.
We've added 3 extra lights using the comet matrix products:
1. A flexie one way natural white LED on the bigfoot cave boulder
2. A multi-head flexie on the back left of the back mountain range to light the left and middle of the mountains.
3. An Ice-Blue LED behind the mountain range that spills blue over the back left ramps (tough to see in pics but gives all the ramps a nice blue tint)
We also replaced the whirlpool red lights with a collection of blue and ice blue and swapped the red and yellow billboard jackpot indicator lights to white and blue which goes with the table so much better, IMO.
The mantis protectors for the lock targets do a great job but they do prevent the softer taps from lighting the lock. Worth it though.
Really the star of the show is the way these new boulders light up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really like how you lit the boulders up they really pop now!

#4421 4 years ago

Hey folks have a question. I just installed a Flipper Fidelity system in my WH20, and noticed it would appear there is an unused connector with the new kit. I attached some photos for reference. Thanks so much

connector (resized).pngconnector (resized).pngoldConnector (resized).pngoldConnector (resized).png
#4422 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Hey, I like that! Now that I've gotten my feet wet going through a couple of other games top to bottom, I may do the same with my Whitewater. It could use some fixes and cleanup.
I like the ceiling modification too. I have to do that in my dad's basement for whirlwind.

Yeah I really like the clear bodies in the pops too, I think I am going to do that on mine as well. Thanks for sharing!

#4423 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I really like how you lit the boulders up they really pop now!

It takes a heap of lights but they do come up great. The bigfoot cave should be lit from the factory imo. the falls boulder range has around 10 led heads under it, which sure helps..

#4424 4 years ago

FYI I'm selling some cool original pencil drawings on ebay of big foot if anyone is interested.
ebay.com link: pinballvault

#4425 4 years ago

That's juts a link to a picture

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's juts a link to a picture

sorry just fixed it

#4427 4 years ago

The listing says that this is the original drawing, but the copyright notice on the paper says 2019.

For the price and the listing title, I'd expect these to be 90's original uniques, but they're not? is that right?

#4428 4 years ago
Quoted from Cookizza:

The listing says that this is the original drawing, but the copyright notice on the paper says 2019.
For the price and the listing title, I'd expect these to be 90's original uniques, but they're not? is that right?

These are original pencils from 1992 as the signatures in the drawings show. Williams required the copy write stamp as a condition of sale stating you cannot make parts form these drawings.

#4430 4 years ago

Whitewater is my favourite WPC game and i now own a nice one that i've bene restoring over the last year or so (when not making pcbs). I decided to make a new waterfall chase lamp board as mine was missing and I wanted to make some improvements over the original design. The main improvement for my board other than bulb usage is the fact the board is now more 'intelligent' than originals. You no longer have a problem with the lamps locking on solid at boot in random patterns to when you enter the test menus. This puts unnecessary load on the bulbs and drivers at certain points and also looks a mess. By utilising a design that can read when the cpu control stops the board can disable the lamp string and then re-enable once signals start up again. This in my view is what Williams should have done and intended for the design of the topper in the first place.

See here for a quick test video showing then lamp string being enable and disabled at certain points. ie at boot the full lamp string is off until the playfield GI turns on

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KCXuuXbH6Ks?rel=0

Cheers all

Jim

#4431 4 years ago

Hey guys just joined the club... Love the game so far. It's shots are so damn fun to hit....

I do have a problem. Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction?

Every few games (It is pretty random) the game will just end/soft restart and a solenoid by the scoop on the left fires off 5-7 times. I assume it is the classic WPC restart and a voltage issue. But I just needed someone to help me confirm this.

Thanks guys!

#4432 4 years ago

What version of the software are you running?

The LH-5 rom had a problem with undesired resets. If you are using that version you should upgrade to LH-6.

If you are not using LH-5, then the resets are due to something else.

#4433 4 years ago

Thanks but I got it figured out! Some incorrect placement on some wires connected to the switches surrounding the lock shot. Thanks though!

#4434 4 years ago

Hello guys! I need to know which kind of screw (and lenght) are originally used for the waterfall part of the topper, can anyone help me maybe posting some pics?? Thank you!!

#4435 4 years ago

Which waterfall? Lots of ramp here.

#4436 4 years ago

I mean the topper! posted some pics from the web for reference, which screws are used from factory on these ? Thanks

nos-williams-whitewater-pinball_1_24d5913858604bdb2a7578eb4c86b392 (resized).jpgnos-williams-whitewater-pinball_1_24d5913858604bdb2a7578eb4c86b392 (resized).jpgwhitewater-pinball-wh2o-waterfall_1_ecb4c60366d5635a7b770b8885df3840 (resized).jpgwhitewater-pinball-wh2o-waterfall_1_ecb4c60366d5635a7b770b8885df3840 (resized).jpg
#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

I mean the topper! posted some pics from the web for reference, which screws are used from factory on these ? Thanks[quoted image][quoted image]

As it goes on top of backbox, you have to use wooden screw, like #6 x 3/8" Unslotted Hex Head Wood Screws.

#4438 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

As it goes on top of backbox, you have to use wooden screw, like #6 x 3/8" Unslotted Hex Head Wood Screws.

Really?? Just common hex head screws? Sorry to bother but do anyone can take a pic? Thanks!!

#4439 4 years ago

Here you go

IMG_20191028_200718 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_200718 (resized).jpg
#4440 4 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Here you go[quoted image]

Thank you very much! Could you show the screws in the central waterfall part too??

#4441 4 years ago

Finally joined the club! Grail pin for me! Playfield is near perfect, cabinet a bit scuffed with some fade, but not terrible. Of course, it played perfectly at the guy’s house, but after transporting it 500 miles, it acted goofy when I fired it up. Random mine switch firing, whirlpool switch not firing, etc. Reseated all the plugs, chips, etc., which seemed to resolve it, but then something shorted and burned the J115 connector and blew a fuse, so I lost slings and pops. A little more complicated than my current skills can resolve, I had a tech come out to fix it, and he’s got the board out for repair. Can’t wait to play this thing!!

Quoted from jawjaw:

All boulders lit with warm white light strips and bulbs. Happy to share how I did that if anyone interested. A lot of work went into just trying to get everything to fit right.

LOVE the lit boulders!! Details? This pin is one of the darkest I’ve ever seen. I had a OCD set to put in my STTNG, but I may redirect it to WH20. It’s desperate for some light.

Let the modding begin!

#4442 4 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Thank you very much! Could you show the screws in the central waterfall part too??

Tough to get a good pic without taking off the dome but here you go. Basically looks like a bolt and 2 washers.
IMG_20191030_201717 (resized).jpgIMG_20191030_201717 (resized).jpg

#4443 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Finally joined the club! Grail pin for me! Playfield is near perfect, cabinet a bit scuffed with some fade, but not terrible. Of course, it played perfectly at the guy’s house, but after transporting it 500 miles, it acted goofy when I fired it up. Random mine switch firing, whirlpool switch not firing, etc. Reseated all the plugs, chips, etc., which seemed to resolve it, but then something shorted and burned the J115 connector and blew a fuse, so I lost slings and pops. A little more complicated than my current skills can resolve, I had a tech come out to fix it, and he’s got the board out for repair. Can’t wait to play this thing!!

LOVE the lit boulders!! Details? This pin is one of the darkest I’ve ever seen. I had a OCD set to put in my STTNG, but I may redirect it to WH20. It’s desperate for some light.
Let the modding begin!

Congrats! Short problems suck but could be an easy fix. Look for a bare wire or the ends of a socket/coil touching metal. Coils can sometimes rotate a bit and the lugs end up touching something.

I put OCD boards in mine. Not sure it needs the OCD GI board but might as well if getting the one for inserts. Lighting all the boulders was not easy. I used mostly warm white light strips from Comet. Two 20smd light strips in the rear and another 20smd in the right boulder. For the left, I used a 20smd and 10smd. For the bigfoot cave, I used a wedge socket with a 2 head flex warm white bulb. Comet's Matrix connectors made everything easy to connect with no soldering.

To mount, I used brass strips from Hobby Lobby. They are easy to cut to size and easy to bend. I drilled a hole on one end and used existing holes to mount them. I bent them to get the best distribution of light. I also used some black construction paper in the back to help block some of the light bleeding down.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Hobbies-Collecting/Tools-Blades/Soft-Bendable-Brass-Strips/p/34683

#4444 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Congrats! Short problems suck but could be an easy fix. Look for a bare wire or the ends of a socket/coil touching metal. Coils can sometimes rotate a bit and the lugs end up touching something.
I put OCD boards in mine. Not sure it needs the OCD GI board but might as well if getting the one for inserts. Lighting all the boulders was not easy. I used mostly warm white light strips from Comet. Two 20smd light strips in the rear and another 20smd in the right boulder. For the left, I used a 20smd and 10smd. For the bigfoot cave, I used a wedge socket with a 2 head flex warm white bulb. Comet's Matrix connectors made everything easy to connect with no soldering.
To mount, I used brass strips from Hobby Lobby. They are easy to cut to size and easy to bend. I drilled a hole on one end and used existing holes to mount them. I bent them to get the best distribution of light. I also used some black construction paper in the back to help block some of the light bleeding down.
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Hobbies-Collecting/Tools-Blades/Soft-Bendable-Brass-Strips/p/34683

Awesome! Any pics before plastic re-install?

#4445 4 years ago

Stacked 5x pf, wh20 multiball and boulder bash tonight ... started off with a double jackpot for 110 million and then you guessed it ... all 3 balls drain immediately. Ugh.

I love this game.

#4446 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Awesome! Any pics before plastic re-install?

Need to make some adjustments so I can try to get some this weekend

#4447 4 years ago

Would anyone have a clue why the left ramp is not registering the shot?
The switch at the ramp start works and the opto behind bigfoot on the exit works too, but Advance Raft light before the ramp doesn't turn off (meaning the shot didn't register).
L-5 rom.

#4448 4 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Would anyone have a clue why the left ramp is not registering the shot?
The switch at the ramp start works and the opto behind bigfoot on the exit works too, but Advance Raft light before the ramp doesn't turn off (meaning the shot didn't register).
L-5 rom.

What about the switch under the boulders where the bracket usually cracks the ramp? Is that switch working ?

#4449 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

What about the switch under the boulders where the bracket usually cracks the ramp? Is that switch working ?

So there are three switches for this shot to register? Couldn't see any other switch.. so it must be one hidden under the boulders, you say?
Ok, I will check it out tomorrow.

#4450 4 years ago

I checked the manual before I dig under the plastics and I can only find two switches for the left ramp: num 46 and 66.
Hmmm.

Screenshot_2019-11-03-00-26-35-424_com.google.android.apps.docs (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-11-03-00-26-35-424_com.google.android.apps.docs (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/89?hl=captain-flint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.