• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 157.
#4351 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Try changing the swich matrix ICs.
The socketed ones just below your NV ram .
If you put 12v down the switch matrix then will blow.
Its been an age since I did any fault finding on B/W games (or any games at all!)

You were right! I threw the $3 replacement chip in there and she fired up like a charm! I still had to hunt down a burn fuse to get the flashers and toppers to work again, a broken wire in the Yeti motor, and am troubleshooting gremlins in the ball trough but she's 99% there!

Now that my machine is working again I feel comfortable unloading my spare parts including a few brackets that are out of stock everywhere.

Full video of the parts available below.

20190906_063818 (resized).jpg20190906_063818 (resized).jpg20190906_072126 (resized).jpg20190906_072126 (resized).jpg
Added over 5 years ago:

Edit: Thanks all! The parts are all sold now. They are now in or on their way to 11 pinball machines in 4 countries including the United States, Australia, Canada, and England.

#4352 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You were right! I threw the $3 replacement chip in there and she fired up like a charm! I still had to hunt down a burn fuse to get the flashers and toppers to work again, a broken wire in the Yeti motor, and am troubleshooting gremlins in the ball trough but she's 99% there!
Now that my machine is working again I feel comfortable unloading my spare parts including a few brackets that are out of stock everywhere.
Full video of the parts available below.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice yard sale - I am sure someone will gobble them up.

#4353 4 years ago

Big props to user Davi for recreating the bracket that I was missing from my machine. Can't say enough good things about Peter for taking the time to make this part and then ship it half way around the world. If anyone has any future dealing involving Peter be rest assured he is an extremely classy guy whose character need not be questioned. Thank you again Peter.

20190907_135239 (resized).jpg20190907_135239 (resized).jpg
#4354 4 years ago

It's a perfect fit Peter!

20190908_151328 (resized).jpg20190908_151328 (resized).jpg
#4355 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

It's a perfect fit Peter![quoted image]

It was not easy at first, the original bracket doesn't fit as it is, it has a bent leg, otherwise doesn't match with playfield holes. So if I copy the metal bracket, a bent plastic is required. Yours is perfect, with right angle.
I am glad it works

#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It was not easy at first, the original bracket doesn't fit as it is, it has a bent leg, otherwise doesn't match with playfield holes. So if I copy the metal bracket, a bent plastic is required. Yours is perfect, with right angle.
I am glad it works

Looks amazing, if you do another you could make it into a mini boulder!

#4357 4 years ago

You were right! I threw the $3 replacement chip in there and she fired up like a charm!

Good,
I remember when I exploded that IC in my getaway.
my heart sunk

#4358 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Good,
I remember when I exploded that IC in my getaway.
my heart sunk

There's nothing like breaking your machine. Did i cause $5 in damage or $500...

For the most part, they did a good job to make sure that operator induced damage would be relatively cheap.

#4359 4 years ago

What’s wrong with this picture?

#4360 4 years ago

ummm...most of the lights are not working?

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

LEDs

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

bad waterfall decal

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

bad waterfall decal

Those are just rocks sticking out

#4364 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

bad waterfall decal

Bubbles in the waterfall (or rocks)... Any fix for this?

#4365 4 years ago

People are saying the issue is the bubbles in the foil - definitely not! My topper has a decent bubble but performs and looks great

Above video 100% has the wrong bulbs in the topper.

Make sure you use the right #194 bulbs as they are a different voltage which causes LEDs etc to behave like above.

#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

If those are regular LEDs take them out immediately. They can and will melt, if not catch on fire. They are an absolute pain to get out of the sockets if they are melted. You absolutely have to use replacement 194 bulbs. I LED'd my entire machine, and then replaced the LEDs in the topper with 194 bulbs after they all melted in less than a day of use.

d790387f77428fb0dd4926305ef78b3d2d2617a2 (resized).jpgd790387f77428fb0dd4926305ef78b3d2d2617a2 (resized).jpg
#4367 4 years ago

If those are regular LEDs take them out immediately. They can and will melt, if not catch on fire.

Isn't that almost a right of passage for a whitewater owner? I did the same thing 9 years ago when cointaker recommended a set of led's for the topper. I told them that the leds pretty much started on fire. They refunded me for the bulbs and updated their kit offering.

#4368 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Using #555 bulbs instead of the correct #194 bulbs

#4369 4 years ago

Question for OCD board users - do you need to program them for Whitewater? The instructions for GI OCD say "The GI OCD board is configured for WPC95 use by default, and strings 4 and 5 will be always on." I noticed there is a configuration file for Whitewater off the website but think that might be for the LED OCD board. Software instructions look a bit confusing and not really interested in tweaking every bulb. I have both boards and trying to figure out what I need to do to just get the correct stock look.

#4370 4 years ago

Yeah the topper bulbs are 12v and uses the 194’s. They’re common for automotive and easily found. CT and others make the 12v LED’s for this (likely just pulling auto versions) but worth skipping next LED’s here.

Wonder why Williams went 12v here? Anyone know?

#4371 4 years ago

Hello all. Got an issue and curious if anyone has seen this and have any ideas. When I shoot the ball into no way out, it says ball 3 locked. Bad opto? Or opto board? All 3 optos in the multiball Assy were replaced recently but didn’t help. Anyone?

#4372 4 years ago

Also, I should add, when first turning the game on, after it boots up the upper popper will fire 10 times then stop.

#4373 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Also, I should add, when first turning the game on, after it boots up the upper popper will fire 10 times then stop.

What state do the optos show in switch level test?

#4374 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Did you change out the 2 green lock targets on both sides of the entrance to no way out?

#4375 4 years ago

Insanity Falls Ramp Adjustment:

Okay, so I'm losing my mind on the Insanity Falls ramp. I switched out my old one for a much nicer one and now the ball is not consistently going all the way down and usually just makes the bend, doesn't make the first hill, and then just drops off.

The following have not fixed the issue:
1. Cleaning/waxing the ramp
2. Tightening down all screws on ramp
3. Adjusting switch to it's lowest point
4. Rebuilding top flipper
5. Cranking the pitch up to 8

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!

#4376 4 years ago

Well it shouldn't have anything to do with the pitch

#4377 4 years ago

Okay, so I'm losing my mind on the Insanity Falls ramp. I switched out my old one for a much nicer one and now the ball is not consistently going all the way down and usually just makes the bend, doesn't make the first hill, and then just drops off.
Thanks!

I would take it out and inspect your work, and try again. My guess is that its an install issue.

#4378 4 years ago

Thanks!

Had this issue and others when I used Starship's remake ramps.

1. Jam_Burglar's advice

2. Did you accidentally mix up any other hexagonal stand-off's from another location in the game when reassembling?

3. Is it a thicker remake or an original? If a remake, you may need to add a washer to the back standoff (either under the ramp lip or at the base of the standoff) to slightly raise the ramp in the back. Also, is your apron sitting higher after reassembly than in your original? Try lowering your apron in combination with raising the back hex standoff. This may require a custom standoff at the outlane area level. My apron is set as low is it can go and the bottom of the ramp sits on the apron.

It's really fun if you can get the ramp adjusted so that a slow ball trickles out of the drop offs mid ramp but a fast ball makes it around to the inlane area.

#4379 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Had this issue and others when I used Starship's remake ramps.
1. Jam_Burglar's advice
2. Did you accidentally mix up any other hexagonal stand-off's from another location in the game when reassembling?
3. Is it a thicker remake or an original? If a remake, you may need to add a washer to the back standoff (either under the ramp lip or at the base of the standoff) to slightly raise the ramp in the back. Also, is your apron sitting higher after reassembly than in your original? Try lowering your apron in combination with raising the back hex standoff. This may require a custom standoff at the outlane area level. My apron is set as low is it can go and the bottom of the ramp sits on the apron.
It's really fun if you can get the ramp adjusted so that a slow ball trickles out of the drop offs mid ramp but a fast ball makes it around to the inlane area.

The washers are a great idea! I'll try that this week! Thanks!

#4380 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

What state do the optos show in switch level test?

Can’t check that right now. Won’t be near it for a few days...

#4381 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Did you change out the 2 green lock targets on both sides of the entrance to no way out?

Not yet. I need to though, the green parts are gone! They seem to be working as they should though.. I will check it again when I can.

#4382 4 years ago

Finally made it to Wet Willies! Still have to fix insanity falls but I'm loving this pin!

#4383 4 years ago

This was published 2 months ago, and since I did not find it in this thread maybe it's of interest for you.

#4384 4 years ago

After over a year, Two brand new cabinets, having to drill the playfield holes (not fun)... moment of truth...

And the playfield fits and glass clears !!!!

56D56FE3-0A45-4E84-BE01-3EBD1A401F05 (resized).jpeg56D56FE3-0A45-4E84-BE01-3EBD1A401F05 (resized).jpeg
#4385 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

After over a year, Two brand new cabinets, having to drill the playfield holes (not fun)... moment of truth...
And the playfield fits and glass clears !!!![quoted image]

Congrats! nearly there!

#4386 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

And the playfield fits and glass clears !!!![quoted image]

LOOKS AMAZING!!! Great Work!
BUT, please do tell.....Whats up with the Apron...Love it. It lights up?

#4387 4 years ago

Oh yes! The apron, it has el tape mounted to the back of it you got it, lights up!! Can’t wait to see it. I’ll
Share pics soon as I get er wired up.

#4388 4 years ago

Nice work, soulrider! Beautiful Whitewater. Is that missing boulder the one currently being sold? I know you paint matched it and looks like it fits right in. Tough to mix and match different boulders when everything looks different.

#4389 4 years ago

Anybody know what an original topper goes for these days?

#4390 4 years ago

I haven't even seen one posted here or on EBay in a LONG time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice work, soulrider! Beautiful Whitewater. Is that missing boulder the one currently being sold? I know you paint matched it and looks like it fits right in. Tough to mix and match different boulders when everything looks different.

So... It took me a LOOONG time to find that one. There is a few other "missing mountains" that I have seen and I actually bought one that was on ebay and it looked like a wad of chewed gum LOL. This one I ordered from Australia, and I believe it was the last one they had.

#4392 4 years ago

@SoulRider...

It looks amazing! I know you've put a ton of time, frustration and $$$ into it... but now, WOW!

Congrats! I can't wait to play it.

Kerry

#4393 4 years ago

Thank you so much Kerry_Richard Yes I Can not wait for you to see it.

#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Anybody know what an original topper goes for these days?

What would be the best way to sell one?

#4395 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

ebay

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

By messaging me and then me buying it is the best way by far.

#4398 4 years ago

Another small victory the side rails are on and the lockdown bar fits like a charm!!!
Whew... this is where the first cab failed.
Ready for the side rails
C0BA7D71-20D1-448C-B370-5148C8CA9F65 (resized).jpegC0BA7D71-20D1-448C-B370-5148C8CA9F65 (resized).jpeg
Must say sc93cobra work never ceases to amaze me. Bling bling
B4880C30-6C56-4A7F-8569-0B0FE04EBB71 (resized).jpegB4880C30-6C56-4A7F-8569-0B0FE04EBB71 (resized).jpeg
Annnd... it fits!
0C9FEA39-A3C0-4BCA-9D09-CCA1F221854A (resized).jpeg0C9FEA39-A3C0-4BCA-9D09-CCA1F221854A (resized).jpeg

#4399 4 years ago

Assistance requested diagnosing problem on board.

So of course WhiteWater breaks 24 hours before I have a friend coming over to play pinball. I slide the machine 3 feet forward and back when installing overhead lighting and when I fired her back on the "Ball Serve" and "Left Sling" solenoids do not work.

I am 100% sure it is on the board and not wiring in the machine because when connecting a wire directly from J127-3 (the left sling) to the solenoid it does not fire in test mode. If I take that left sling and hook power directly to J127-4 (the right sling) the left sling will fire in test. I did something similar between the "Ball Serve" and the "Outhole Kicker" to determine power is not coming out of the backbox for those two solenoids. I get nothing from those two prongs directly from the board.

Does anybody know of any parts that these two items have in common that could break both (and nothing else) at the same time? Where would you start troubleshooting with a multimeter if you took the board off? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
20190922_074408 (resized).jpg20190922_074408 (resized).jpg

Inked20190922_074408_LI (resized).jpgInked20190922_074408_LI (resized).jpg
#4400 4 years ago

Transistors? Q80 and Q54?

Nothing in common that I can see. Maybe reseat your ribbon cables too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/88?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.