• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 157.
#4201 4 years ago

Ok so I added those two post next to the front bumper. My question is though in a lot of pictures, I see some people put a single rubber on each post, and some machines I see a 1 1/4” rubber across the two post. The manual shows a rubber across the two post. (I think lol) Can anyone clarify?

2674A76C-1FB2-43BA-95DD-3053D435627D (resized).jpeg2674A76C-1FB2-43BA-95DD-3053D435627D (resized).jpeg7287F858-09AC-42F3-B27A-781E41B5D446 (resized).jpeg7287F858-09AC-42F3-B27A-781E41B5D446 (resized).jpegB6CC1769-867E-4899-8281-E296269757BB (resized).jpegB6CC1769-867E-4899-8281-E296269757BB (resized).jpeg
#4202 4 years ago

The manual shows it. I like it better with it off.

#4203 4 years ago

I played with both setups extensively. The game plays way better with out the post and rubber inside the boulders. Take them out, put a piece of Mylar over the screw hole where the post was, and never look back

#4204 4 years ago

That was a public service you did, tracking the statistics. Convincing too. Thanks!

For those who missed it, see blitz’s post from earlier in the thread — https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/81#post-4979269

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I played with both setups extensively.

#4205 4 years ago

Two questions for you folks.

1. What type of LEDs did you guys use in the topper? I put in 2 SMD COMETs which I have had good luck with everywhere and the shimmering effect didn't seem to work right. Also, after leaving them on for 2 hours, I smelled burned rubber and noticed the topper lights were no longer all working. I am going to have to look at the boards and connectors up there, but am curious as to what everybody else is using. I just got the correct bit so I can remove the topper without having to just shimmy my arm in there.

2. The ramp with "multi millions" on it in the far left isn't scoring correctly. When the yellow arrow is there, and a shoot a ball up the ramp, it doesn't register it, but still makes sounds when it hits the gate. The same thing happens when multi millions is lit. I have no credit dot and no switch errors. I'm really scratching my head on this one and would appreciate any help.

I have a bunch of used ramps and mountains coming over the next week along with a new topper dome and am really liking how the machine is turning out. I'm going from "heavy players" to decent.

Thanks!

#4206 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

1. What type of LEDs did you guys use in the topper? I put in 2 SMD COMETs which I have had good luck with everywhere and the shimmering effect didn't seem to work right. Also, after leaving them on for 2 hours, I smelled burned rubber and noticed the topper lights were no longer all working. I am going to have to look at the boards and connectors up there, but am curious as to what everybody else is using. I just got the correct bit so I can remove the topper without having to just shimmy my arm in there.
2. The ramp with "multi millions" on it in the far left isn't scoring correctly. When the yellow arrow is there, and a shoot a ball up the ramp, it doesn't register it, but still makes sounds when it hits the gate. The same thing happens when multi millions is lit. I have no credit dot and no switch errors. I'm really scratching my head on this one and would appreciate any help.
I have a bunch of used ramps and mountains coming over the next week along with a new topper dome and am really liking how the machine is turning out. I'm going from "heavy players" to decent.
Thanks!

Those are 12v bulbs, not 6v. I made the same mistake! You need 194 type bulbs, it's in the manual. I went with incandescent.

On the switch issue, I have a similar experience. The switches register in test mode with a ball and I can hear the sound during game play, but it doesn't seem to score.

#4207 4 years ago

1. What type of LEDs did you guys use in the topper?

No one uses leds the topper, the effect cannot be reproduced that way.

Gotta check the opto for the multi millions ramp, that's the only reason it wouldn't score. Is it triggering both ramp switches in test mode?

#4208 4 years ago

I played with both setups extensively. The game plays way better with out the post and rubber inside the boulders. Take them out, put a piece of Mylar over the screw hole where the post was, and never look back

Don‘t you get a lot of right outlane drains? I have been thinking lately about taking the rubber out. This has been discussed at various places in this thread.

What does puzzle me a bit is that there seems to be two switches behind the rubber above the right outline. This little lane is pretty much blocked off because of the rubber so balls only go in there from below on strange bounces. How come the game never gives an error at start up because these switches are rarely activated?

#4209 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Don‘t you get a lot of right outlane drains? I have been thinking lately about taking the rubber out. This has been discussed at various places in this thread.
What does puzzle me a bit is that there seems to be two switches behind the rubber above the right outline. This little lane is pretty much blocked off because of the rubber so balls only go in there from below on strange bounces. How come the game never gives an error at start up because these switches are rarely activated?

I didn’t notice any difference in outlane drains. I did notice more sound effects from that switch being hit more. Not sure how many games without being hit before the credit dot would appear, but the ball does work it’s way up in there from underneath fairly often. Especially during multiballs, when one might miss seeing it get hit.

Without the rubber installed, the ball does go to the right more towards the outlane. However, most times it shoots the ball back into the center of the playfield, instead of down the Outlane. The pops shoot it off the rubber on the right where the switch is and creates great action.

With the rubber in, and when the ball would go “under” the boulders and hit the installed rubber ring on its bottom side, it would deaden the ball and the ball would slowly trickle to the post between the inlane and outlane. This created a stressful nudging situation that was 50/50 at best. More times than not it would drain out.

Before the “experiment”, I assumed having the rubber ring in would lead to more pop bumper action. Both ways seemed to have about the same pop action.
* With the ring, short, fast ball movement between the pops
* Without the ring, more variety and still fast ball movement.

Having the ring removed gave the game greater ball movement and variety to overall play without any increased frustration with outlane drains. Game is way more enjoyable without the ring.

#4210 4 years ago

I didn’t notice any difference in outlane drains. I did notice more sound effects from that switch being hit more. Not sure how many games without being hit before the credit dot would appear, but the ball does work it’s way up in there from underneath fairly often. Especially during multiballs, when one might miss seeing it get hit.
Without the rubber installed, the ball does go to the right more towards the outlane. However, most times it shoots the ball back into the center of the playfield, instead of down the Outlane. The pops shoot it off the rubber on the right where the switch is and creates great action.
With the rubber in, and when the ball would go “under” the boulders and hit the installed rubber ring on its bottom side, it would deaden the ball and the ball would slowly trickle to the post between the inlane and outlane. This created a stressful nudging situation that was 50/50 at best. More times than not it would drain out.
Before the “experiment”, I assumed having the rubber ring in would lead to more pop bumper action. Both ways seemed to have about the same pop action.
* With the ring, short, fast ball movement between the pops
* Without the ring, more variety and still fast ball movement.
Having the ring removed gave the game greater ball movement and variety to overall play without any increased frustration with outlane drains. Game is way more enjoyable without the ring.

I got my game a few weeks back and noticed these 2 holes were open and no post...I thought maybe who ever shopped the game forgot to put them back on lol...I ended up ordering from Marco both post and the rubber kit for the game...I may just remove them again after all!

#4211 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Those are 12v bulbs, not 6v. I made the same mistake! You need 194 type bulbs, it's in the manual. I went with incandescent.
On the switch issue, I have a similar experience. The switches register in test mode with a ball and I can hear the sound during game play, but it doesn't seem to score.

Yeppers... so the LEDs I threw up there... melted. I couldn't make things more difficult. I need to take the board out up there to get them out all the way. I can't do that because I don't have the torx security bits, and amazon sent me the wrong ones. I had thrown the old bulbs in my big bag of pulled bulbs with about 400 other bulbs, and I can't tell the 194s from 555s by sight, so I gotta wait for replacements to come in.

Quoted from TheLaw:

No one uses leds the topper, the effect cannot be reproduced that way.
Gotta check the opto for the multi millions ramp, that's the only reason it wouldn't score. Is it triggering both ramp switches in test mode?

I have a big box of used mountains and ramps coming to me next week and will be doing a full topside teardown and rebuild with better parts. Where are the optos going to be located for that particular ramp? I've never had to repair an opto before despite having a ST:TNG.

Thanks all!

See photo below for source of smell and lesson on why not to put 555 LEDs in a 194 socket.

20190813_193659 (resized).jpg20190813_193659 (resized).jpg
#4212 4 years ago

Where are the optos going to be located for that particular ramp? I've never had to repair an opto before despite having a

They are right above the upper flipper.
First thing you do is clean them with a little windex and Q-tip, make sure nothing is lose or a wire missing, make sure they are aligned. You can just put it in test mode and move the ball in front of them to check.

#4213 4 years ago

One day I would like to get this game but considering it's prices I had a few questions for those who have had serious time on the table.

1. In my experiences the game feels heavy right flipper biased, rarely do I seem to use the left except for some up the middle shots, and you pretty much always need to hit insanity falls to get the ball over to the left.

2. For those that no longer have the game (or those that still have but rarely play it) how long before the honeymoon phase wore off and it got stale?

I appreciate the responses!

#4214 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

One day I would like to get this game but considering it's prices I had a few questions for those who have had serious time on the table.
1. In my experiences the game feels heavy right flipper biased, rarely do I seem to use the left except for some up the middle shots, and you pretty much always need to hit insanity falls to get the ball over to the left.
2. For those that no longer have the game (or those that still have but rarely play it) how long before the honeymoon phase wore off and it got stale?

1. Left flipper is critical to get the extra ball and to relight the kickback with the three standup target on the middle right side. Disaster drop orbit is easier from the left flipper. And only real men can thread the boulders for the right orbit!

#4215 4 years ago

1. Left flipper is critical to get the extra ball and to relight the kickback....And only real men can thread the boulders for the right orbit!

AND...spotting a disaster when your kickback is already lit. That way you can avoid being manly and going through the boulder garden

Gotta grab that disaster drop awarded hold bonus to max your river class!

#4216 4 years ago

Threading the boulders is rough. I'm not very manly.

#4217 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Threading the boulders is rough. I'm not very manly.

I second this statement. Threading the boulders is the hardest shot of the game for sure. Right flipper heavy I don't agree with at all as a matter of fact I find it to be very balanced.

#4218 4 years ago

After more than 25 years ... My first Whitewater !

IMG_20190814_1813315 (resized).jpgIMG_20190814_1813315 (resized).jpgIMG_20190814_1813518 (resized).jpgIMG_20190814_1813518 (resized).jpg
#4219 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I have had mine for over 22 years, still love it. Not only will I never get rid of it, but the rest of the family would kill me if I did.
It may be slightly right flipper biased, but if so, not by a lot.

#4220 4 years ago

When I’m in a groove the left flipper is an easy backhand for the Spine Chiller ramp.

And there are times when you want to keep the ball away from the lock but get it to the upper pf — for example, to stack 5x Playfield and Wh20 multiball.

Backhanding from the left flipper is easier and less risky than the shot from the right flipper. Backhand shots are so satisfying too.

#4221 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

After more than 25 years ... My first Whitewater ![quoted image][quoted image]

WELCOME!

Now rip that shitty blue GI out of there

#4222 4 years ago

Has anyone done powder coat on this machine? Would love some pics for ideas. Also considering doing a chrome job.

#4223 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

After more than 25 years ... My first Whitewater ![quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations its an awesome game. Not trying to be a dick but did you notice you have a credit dot?

#4224 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Has anyone done powder coat on this machine?

We've learned that white looks horrible. Seen more than a few chrome jobs,.

Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Not trying to be a dick but did you notice you have a credit dot?

$5 on bigfoot switch

#4225 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Now rip that shitty blue GI out of there

That be the plan , as well as the pink 906's in the headboard

#4226 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Congratulations its an awesome game. Not trying to be a dick but did you notice you have a credit dot?

2 switches require attention... get them in .. Find the issues to repair

#4227 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

$5 on bigfoot switch

Pay up ...
Switch 54 and 57

#4228 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

as well as the pink 906's in the headboard

Good lord!

Fair enough

#4229 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

2 switches require attention... get them in .. Find the issues to repair

Good deal. Probably bigfoots cave switch like TheLaw stated. Just making the point so you could ask for help here in the club if it turned out to be serious.

#4230 4 years ago

Lol mine had the bigfoot cave dot also when i got it

#4231 4 years ago

1. Left flipper is critical to get the extra ball and to relight the kickback with the three standup target on the middle right side. Disaster drop orbit is easier from the left flipper. And only real men can thread the boulders for the right orbit!

Also easier to hit the hotfoot targets from the left flipper to then steal bigfoot's treasure...

#4232 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Also easier to hit the hotfoot targets from the left flipper...

Can't agree there. Hotfoot targets right flipper all day

#4233 4 years ago

1. ....

In my experience the Spine Chiller will sometimes fail to register if the ball in moving slow enough. The rushing water sound effect you hear is from the first microswitch on the ramp, however, that's just a switch for the sound effect, it does not effect whether or not you "make the shot". The switch that registers a successful shot is an opto back behind the mountain/bigfoot. It may be that adjusting the opto can lead to various results, but on my game the Spin Chiller shot will often not register if the ball is travelling very slowly. When the ball has some speed to it, then the opto gets triggered just fine.

If yours never registers then you need to check that opto.

#4234 4 years ago

Big Thank you to "The Law" bet paid for ....
Wasn't necessary from my end ....
However you sir are a gentlemen!

You have my respect!

#4235 4 years ago

Yep, its worth what you are willing to pay and what someone else wants to sell it for. The prices are all over the place. One thing to be aware of, if you are not already is a repro topper or no topper at all will devalue the game. If you need to replace ramps, they are costly, if you have to LED and rerubber it it will be quite time consuming. Otherwise its only pinball and its always fun.

#4236 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Yep, its worth what you are willing to pay and what someone else wants to sell it for. The prices are all over the place. One thing to be aware of, if you are not already is a repro topper or no topper at all will devalue the game. If you need to replace ramps, they are costly, if you have to LED and rerubber it it will be quite time consuming. Otherwise its only pinball and its always fun.

100 percent agree. Was looking for a decent whitewater for over a year. Project no problem, but original topper in good condition was a must have for me. Passed at least 3 others with missing or repro toppers cause I wanted the "sparkles"

#4237 4 years ago

Hey everyone just thought I would let you know starship fantasy has boulder sets in stock finally. Better grab a set before they disappear again, i'm sure these are gonna go very quickly.

#4238 4 years ago

Heres the link to the boulder sets to make it a little easier for everyone.
https://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Whitewater-Boulders

#4239 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hey everyone just thought I would let you know starship fantasy has boulder sets in stock finally.

Ouch... $192

#4240 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Ouch... $192

Tell me bout it my ass is still bleeding after that purchase. What are you gonna do though he has a monopoly on all this crap.

#4241 4 years ago

I'm glad he's making these and other parts. Sometimes, you just need to pay up to make your games nice.

#4242 4 years ago

Purchased, thanks for the head up! My wallet hates you though for mentioning it!

#4243 4 years ago

Wonder if these will be gone by end of day?
Hope everyone that needs them gets them.
Wish you could buy individual pieces like most of the ramps.

#4244 4 years ago

$227 with tax and shipping! Ouch!!!

#4245 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

$370 with shipping and tax. No comment.

#4246 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Ok Peter I was bitching about $227 but you definitely have something to bitch about. $370 Ouch!!

#4247 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Ok Peter I was bitching about $227 but you definitely have something to bitch about. $370 Ouch!!

I have to wait for European stock. Hopefully price won't that crazy.

#4248 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Quoted from Davi:

Too scared to look at cost in AUD .
$227US = @ 380 AUD + post . The price of living in paradise

#4249 4 years ago

At that price i'll just go carve some rocks, drill some holes in them and call it a day.

#4250 4 years ago

Bit the bullet, Ordered the set. Thanks for heads up pindelapin. Will be selling off the German repros I have now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.