Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 157.
#3951 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I used 3 white frosted and 3 blue frosted (each grouped together in 3er bundles) so generally one white bulb and one blue bulb is on. It creates kind of a frothing effect - like whitewater.

I have dome LEDs in there that turn blue when when lit. They look good but your approach sounds even better.

#3952 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So the wife has made it clear that she does not like the red bulbs in the whirlpool. She insists they should be blue.
What do you guys suggest I use for blue in the pool? blue covers, blue frosted LEDs?
And is there an easy way to change out these bulbs or am I looking a tear out of the ramps?
TIA

I used blue incandescent bulbs and they work well there. I know there are a lot of people that like the red but it never felt right to me so I changed it.

Word of advice though, when you remove the light board take note of the plastic spacer keeping the long woodscrew at bay. I've seen quite a few Whitewaters where someone has lost or forgotten that spacer and consequently screwed the woodscrew up through the top of the playfield! Be careful not to do that.

#3953 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I used blue incandescent bulbs and they work well there. I know there are a lot of people that like the red but it never felt right to me so I changed it.
Word of advice though, when you remove the light board take note of the plastic spacer keeping the long woodscrew at bay. I've seen quite a few Whitewaters where someone has lost or forgotten that spacer and consequently screwed the woodscrew up through the top of the playfield! Be careful not to do that.

Thanks for the advice. Its a small detail that could be forgotten and ruin a playfield. Much appreciated.

#3954 5 years ago

Anyone have a lost mountain mod they want to sell?

That bare hole looks bad and now that I have lit my mountains in the back from underneath that whole area is lit as well and you see blank space and wires.

#3955 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Anyone have a lost mountain mod they want to sell?
That bare hole looks bad and now that I have lit my mountains in the back from underneath that whole area is lit as well and you see blank space and wires.

Something to consider, light it from above, orange slightly dim, looks great. (no problem with lit wires)
Good luck searching a lost mountain

#3956 5 years ago

I’m sure you saw this but just in case not ...

the lost mountain mod is in the pinside marketplace

#3957 5 years ago

Yes I have seen it but the shape is different than the one produced before, which I prefer.

#3958 5 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

I’m sure you saw this but just in case not ...
the lost mountain mod is in the pinside marketplace

The original is nice, the face one is stupid

#3959 5 years ago

Need a little tech help from my Whitewater brothers.....the topper lights stopped working. What are steps to troubleshoot? Game is completely stock lighting, etc. thank you in advance!

#3960 5 years ago

Hi Pinside oracles

I have a Whitewater project machine in need of a some restoration on the way to my home. I am still a rookie, though I am getting a hang of some minor repairs. Getting a project machine is a good way to learn for me. I have some specific questions related to the playfield.

The playfield is intact but need a cleanup, preparation and a new clearcote. My specific question here is about the inserts, which are quite worn (see pics attached). I found new decals from different suppliers but I have a doubt if they are sufficient and/or matching - any experience with that?! On Big Foot Hoot Foot, it seems the new decals miss the coloured parts. And the same goes for Disaster Drop insert, which is not included at all (it seems). Also I wanna ask forum if you have any experience with colourmatch on Wet Willies decal (and the others)?

Good general advice is always welcome

A lot of questions. I hope I can find answers in this helpful forum. Thanks

Thomas

Inser damage #2 (resized).jpgInser damage #2 (resized).jpgInsert damage (resized).jpgInsert damage (resized).jpgInsert decals (resized).jpgInsert decals (resized).jpg
#3961 5 years ago

Sanity check pls: Would a repro topper decal devalue an otherwise pristine collector quality WH20?

#3962 5 years ago

a good working topper is big $$$$ to this game.

#3963 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Sanity check pls: Would a repro topper decal devalue an otherwise pristine collector quality WH20?

Yes definitely

#3964 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Need a little tech help from my Whitewater brothers.....the topper lights stopped working. What are steps to troubleshoot? Game is completely stock lighting, etc. thank you in advance!

You do have the correct 194 bulbs in the light boards right? If you plug in 555's which do fit it will blow the fuse.

#3965 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

You do have the correct 194 bulbs in the light boards right? If you plug in 555's which do fit it will blow the fuse.

Yes. Correct bulbs. It’s been working perfect for months. Where is the fuse for the topper lights? I’ll check that first.

#3966 5 years ago

I bought a fully restored White Water pinball machine. From the moment I got the machine every time the ball goes to the kickback, the kickback goes off, and then locked into place against the blue play field apron, fully extended. The kickback then is stuck. If another ball hits it down the land the ball gets stuck. I have to then take off the glass and push hard against the play field apron pushing it to the right, and then the kickback falls back into place. Once I do another game, anywhere from 1 to 5 more times of the kickback going off, it gets stuck and I have to do the entire process again.
Any ideas on how I can prevent this problem? Shaving off part of the play field where the kickback gets stuck? Anyone else have this issue? I have a photo with an arrow pointing to the kickback when it gets stuck. Any advice would be great as I've yet to be able to finish a game since owning it without the kickback getting stuck.

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 8.50.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-13 at 8.50.04 PM (resized).png
#3967 5 years ago
Quoted from Devinsupertramp:

I bought a fully restored White Water pinball machine. From the moment I got the machine every time the ball goes to the kickback, the kickback goes off, and then locked into place against the blue play field apron, fully extended. The kickback then is stuck. If another ball hits it down the land the ball gets stuck. I have to then take off the glass and push hard against the play field apron pushing it to the right, and then the kickback falls back into place. Once I do another game, anywhere from 1 to 5 more times of the kickback going off, it gets stuck and I have to do the entire process again.
Any ideas on how I can prevent this problem? Shaving off part of the play field where the kickback gets stuck? Anyone else have this issue? I have a photo with an arrow pointing to the kickback when it gets stuck. Any advice would be great as I've yet to be able to finish a game since owning it without the kickback getting stuck.
[quoted image]

Remove apron. Loosen screws holding coil fixture. Re-align fixture so plunger does not get caught on apron (rotate or slide to the left from player's perspective. Tighten screws. Re-install apron. Play WH2O.

#3968 5 years ago

[quoted image]

I’d suggest removing the apron and adjusting the position of the kickback bracket. I’d also recommend against filing down the apron, it’d likely cause the ball to get stuck there when the kickback isn’t lit.

#3969 5 years ago
Quoted from slcpinball:

I’d suggest removing the apron and adjusting the position of the kickback bracket. I’d also recommend against filing down the apron, it’d likely cause the ball to get stuck there when the kickback isn’t lit.

I just did exactly as you said and it fixed the problem! Had this machine for 10 months and the guy I bought it from never responded on how to fix this issue so I never was able to play a full game until just now! So stoked. Thank you all for taking the time to respond!

#3970 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Remove apron. Loosen screws holding coil fixture. Re-align fixture so plunger does not get caught on apron (rotate or slide to the left from player's perspective. Tighten screws. Re-install apron. Play WH2O.

I just did exactly as you said and it fixed the problem! Had this machine for 10 months and the guy I bought it from never responded on how to fix this issue so I never was able to play a full game until just now! So stoked. Thank you all for taking the time to respond!

#3971 5 years ago

Yes. Correct bulbs. It’s been working perfect for months. Where is the fuse for the topper lights? I’ll check that first.

If memory serves me its f114 but I could be wrong if so someone else will correct me.

#3972 5 years ago

Awesome good news, go catch up and play more.
Welcome to pinside, you should have posted 9 1/2 months ago. Lol

#3973 5 years ago

Breaking news ... Bigfoot is real

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#3974 5 years ago

WTF

#3975 5 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Breaking news ... Bigfoot is real [quoted image]

Holy shit!! Somebody needs to start a gofundme account to raise money for this guy to have a laser hair removal treatment.

#3976 5 years ago

Killing time on the runway, late last night while playing I noticed my slings and pops are not working. Everything else seems to be working 100%. I didn’t have time to check anything, but my initial thought is that a fuse must have blown. I just reviewed the fuse section in the manual but didn’t see a specific fuse pointing to the slings and pops.

Does anyone know off hand if one specific fuse is controlling this and if so which one?

#3977 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Holy shit!! Somebody needs to start a gofundme account to raise money for this guy to have a laser hair removal treatment.

I reckon he carries a fire extinguisher round with him. If he sees spark, he’s going up like a rocket!!

#3978 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Killing time on the runway, late last night while playing I noticed my slings and pops are not working. Everything else seems to be working 100%. I didn’t have time to check anything, but my initial thought is that a fuse must have blown. I just reviewed the fuse section in the manual but didn’t see a specific fuse pointing to the slings and pops.
Does anyone know off hand if one specific fuse is controlling this and if so which one?

The slings and pops are solenoids 10-14 and connect at J-127. Not sure which fuse it is, but I'd say you have one blown.

#3979 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The slings and pops are solenoids 10-14 and connect at J-127. Not sure which fuse it is, but I'd say you have one blown.

Thanks! I’ll be home Wednesday night and will check this out.

#3980 5 years ago

i just bought all the twisted pins water fall holograms decals and the white mounting plastics from the going to prison sale. many boxes full.
tainted by the TP name but hoping to salvage this stuff and get them to people who need them. got a lot other stuff too, truckloads.

#3981 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

i just bought all the twisted pins water fall holograms decals and the white mounting plastics from the going to prison sale. many boxes full.
tainted by the TP name but hoping to salvage this stuff and get them to people who need them. got a lot other stuff too, truckloads.

Did I miss something?

#3982 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Did I miss something?

Yes you did. It was the Twisted Pins going out of business sale Everything Must Go.

#3983 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Yes you did. It was the Twisted Pins going out of business sale Everything Must Go.

I kinda glad I didnt know about this fire sale at twisted!

#3984 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I kinda glad I didnt know about this fire sale at twisted!

Hell who even knew that they had any thing left to sell off

#3985 5 years ago

Super stoked to finally be in this club. When I wasnt in the market for a new pin I was seeing WH20 ads left and right.. then of course, as soon as I am ready to buy.. crickets. Ended up grabbing this great players condition machine only an hour away at a really good price. I'm planning to enjoy it for a while and then possibly do a full restore.

20190419_211523 (resized).jpg20190419_211523 (resized).jpg
#3987 5 years ago

Hit my first 5-way combo and third Vacation Jackpot this past week! Yeee-haaaaa!!!!

#3988 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So I checked all the fuses, no issues. Reseated the cable for J127 and no change. Confirmed that none of those solenoids fire in test mode.

Thoughts on what to look at next?

#3989 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So I checked all the fuses, no issues. Reseated the cable for J127 and no change. Confirmed that none of those solenoids fire in test mode.

Did you pull the fuse and check with a meter?

#3990 5 years ago

Yes, pulled all of them. I learned that lesson about a year ago

#3991 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Bad trace under a leaky cap? That just happened to me on my TAF.

#3992 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Bad trace under a leaky cap? That just happened to me on my TAF.

Above my skill set!

#3993 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

hmmm, prison bound huh?

#3994 5 years ago

Hit my first 5-way combo and third Vacation Jackpot this past week! Yeee-haaaaa!!!!

Did you get your chase lights back working?

#3995 5 years ago

Hey, Willy fans...... does anyone sell the speaker grills with the red logo?

#3996 5 years ago

if anyone happens to have a spare set of boulders (NOS or Repro full set) they are looking to part with, PM me. thnx

#3997 5 years ago

White Water Whirlpool eject problems. My White Water that I had restored has had several big issues from the start. You all helped with the first big issue, but the second big issue I haven't seemed to figure out, if anyone has any advice on that, that would be awesome.

Two issues I have are both with the ball once it goes into the Whirlpool, it gets stuck near the very end, right before it gets to where it gets fired out. It gets stuck 90 percent of the time. I have photos of where it gets stuck. The other issue is with the game knowing when to eject the ball from the whirlpool exit. The moment I turn on the game it starts firing at the exit of the whirlpool. I have a video of exactly what happens when I power on the game.

I did a couple test on the switches as well, here's what it said, guessing that's one of the issues.
Whirlpool Popper 61 (A) - OPEN
Whirlpool Exit 62 - CLOSED
Whirlpool Right 63 - CLOSED

Any advice on how to prevent the ball from getting stuck down the chute from the whirlpool?
Any advice onto how to fix the exit from constantly firing when it shouldn't?

Here's a link to the whirlpool eject and what it does the moment I turn on the machine and the moment I start a new game. Thinks there's a ball there when there is not.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tppip52jjjun7dc/IMG_4059.MOV?dl=0

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 2.27.17 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-22 at 2.27.17 AM (resized).png
#3998 5 years ago

White Water Whirlpool eject problems. My White Water that I had restored has had several big issues from the start. You all helped with the first big issue, but the second big issue I haven't seemed to figure out, if anyone has any advice on that, that would be awesome.
Two issues I have are both with the ball once it goes into the Whirlpool, it gets stuck near the very end, right before it gets to where it gets fired out. It gets stuck 90 percent of the time. I have photos of where it gets stuck. The other issue is with the game knowing when to eject the ball from the whirlpool exit. The moment I turn on the game it starts firing at the exit of the whirlpool. I have a video of exactly what happens when I power on the game.
I did a couple test on the switches as well, here's what it said, guessing that's one of the issues.
Any advice on how to prevent the ball from getting stuck down the chute from the whirlpool?
Here's a link to the whirlpool eject and what it does the moment I turn on the machine and the moment I start a new game. Thinks there's a ball there when there is not.
[quoted image]

I'm going to guess that you have repro ramps on the game. they are too thick. it can trap teh ball there in the subway. you'll need to shift it or cut back come of the plastic.

#3999 5 years ago

[quoted image]

You may have dirty or failing optos in the Lost Mine (or possibly elsewhere). These matrix issues can be confusing and (in my REALLY limited) experience you have to methodically track them down. Here's my thread on a similar, or maybe even the same issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantom-switch-opto-issue-wpc-white-water

The ball getting stuck sounds more like a mechanical issue. If you really get in there and start looking at the issue you should be able to figure it out. I'm sometimes surprised at how easy it is for a pinball to get hung up. Anything out of alignment can cause an issue, debris, rough plastic, etc.

#4000 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

if anyone happens to have a spare set of boulders (NOS or Repro full set) they are looking to part with, PM me. thnx

I was told at the Texas Pinball show that bolder sets would be out in 6 weeks per Starship Fantasy. So that would technically be 2 weeks away? I hope.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/80?hl=j67ab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.