IMG_6838 (resized).JPG
B8BA9A6E-75A3-4AC4-9AC4-142975D1376A (resized).jpeg
2021-11-12 14_16_37-Photo - Google Photos (resized).png
2021-11-12 14_17_02-Photo - Google Photos (resized).png
WH20 Radcals-1 (resized).jpeg
WH20 Radcals-2. (resized).jpeg
20211107_205741 (resized).jpg
IMG_1392 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,204 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 125.
#351 8 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Is there a wire missing on that bottom lug?

I think I see an orange wire on there.

#352 8 years ago

So excited! I just joined the club! Still in the back of the truck while I wait for help to move it to its new home. Got a great deal, so excited to set it up!

#353 8 years ago

Welcome, wish you were closer so I could help out

#354 8 years ago

The bad news is I left the club recently. The good news is that I sold to a local operator, so I can still play it when I miss it.

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Welcome, wish you were closer so I could help out

That would have been nice!

It's inside and set-up!!

image-937.jpg image.jpg
#356 8 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

A few more ... Who need missing mountain when u have trees!

image.jpg 307 KB

image.jpg 280 KB

image.jpg 280 KB

Where did you get the white mountians and yettie? That looks amazing.

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from doro-mini:

The right flipper stopped working suddenly.
Upper right flipper, left flipper, other solenoids , flasher , motor, etc is working well.
Should I change only this solenoid?

sssse.jpg 52 KB

No. You need to check the fuse for that flipper, and also check for power at the coil first. Highly unlikely the coil just went bad.

#358 8 years ago

Anyone looking to sell? I am looking to buy a WH2O in Texas or wherever I can find one... Was less than an hour late on one today for $2,500 here in Grandbury CL, Ahhhh!!

#359 8 years ago

Just starting to tear down the pf. I've heard it's not much fun, but am looking forward to seeing how it all comes apart. Any good tips specific to this machine when doing a tear down? How about anything to look out for, or to add while in process?

I'm also getting to use my new rotisserie for the first time. Built it out of 80/20 so I can completely disassemble and store when not in use. Seems like it will be a lot better then working in the machine.

image.jpg

#360 8 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Just starting to tear down the pf. I've heard it's not much fun, but am looking forward to seeing how it all comes apart. Any good tips specific to this machine when doing a tear down? How about anything to look out for, or to add while in process?
I'm also getting to use my new rotisserie for the first time. Built it out of 80/20 so I can completely disassemble and store when not in use. Seems like it will be a lot better then working in the machine.

image.jpg 237 KB

It's a lot easier than most claim. Just take your time. Aside from the interconnected ramps there's not many parts ... So tears down is pretty quick compared to pins with a ton of little parts.

If you need a specific photo I have some pretty good clear shots of everything.

Brian

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

It's a lot easier than most claim.

Yup. That's what I found as well.

There's a pretty important tear-down picture in the instruction manual, it really helps when taking off the upper PF. If you don't have a manual just let me know and I'll try to scan it.

#362 8 years ago

It was the trouble with the fuse.
I fixed it and it is working now.
Thankyou for the advice.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

It's a lot easier than most claim. Just take your time. Aside from the interconnected ramps there's not many parts ... So tears down is pretty quick compared to pins with a ton of little parts.
If you need a specific photo I have some pretty good clear shots of everything.
Brian

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Yup. That's what I found as well.
There's a pretty important tear-down picture in the instruction manual, it really helps when taking off the upper PF. If you don't have a manual just let me know and I'll try to scan it.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I've done TAF previously (complete tear down) and didn't think it was hard, so hoping this goes the same. I'll check the manual for the upper pf removal. If I happen to need any more pics/info I'll let you know.

#364 7 years ago

Finally got my auto-replay up over 300,000. It's now officially at 304,000 (3 ball play, no ball save, no extra-ball on replay). Yippie!

#365 7 years ago

Hmmm, how have I missed this thread?
WH2O was my first true full restoration project. Here's a link to the original thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spaghetti-anyone-wh2o-teardown-no-turning-back-now

I was fortunate enough to have mine photographed and used in the recent Dennis Nordman spotlight on Pinball Magazine. It turned out really nice and I'm loving the game.

Just missed Vacation Jackpot by a hair last week. Had everything except Wet willies. I had already reached it, but needed to make all flashing shots to start it. Drained ball 2 with one flashing insert left (Boomerang Bend of course). Choked hard on ball 3 and never made it

Here are a few beauty shots of my WH2O.

IMG_1188.jpg
IMG_1190.jpg
IMG_1200.jpg
IMG_1219.jpg
IMG_1236.jpg
IMG_1207.jpg
IMG_1209.jpg
IMG_1214.jpg

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

WH2O was my first true full restoration project

One of my favorite threads, You did an excellent job.

#367 7 years ago

Need to pick up one of those groovy boulder shooter rods. Really looks nice...

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Need to pick up one of those groovy boulder shooter rods. Really looks nice...

Tom Wibble makes them.

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I also made my own topper water effect! Instead of the foil sticker.

Where'd Golgatha go with his great home made topper?? I feel like I should post this on Craigslist - missed connections.

"You came into a whitewater forum, posted pictures of a custom topper. It was wearing sparkling water effects. I miss you."

#370 7 years ago

Where'd Golgatha go with his great home made topper?? I feel like I should post this on Craigslist - missed connections.

"You came into a whitewater forum, posted pictures of a custom topper. It was wearing sparkling water effects. I miss you."

Second that! Dammit Jim, we need video!

#371 7 years ago

Managed to get everything off the top side of the pf. Not sure if I'll take everything off the bottom, or not. Any pros or cons to doing this?

The topside is dirty, so I'll clean that up. I also took all the Mylar off. I'll have some quality time with some goo gone tomorrow night.

I would love to have a new micro pf, but not sure I want to put that much money into the machine, as I already have plans for replacing the cabinet. image.jpg

#372 7 years ago

Does anyone have pictures of a mix of mountains? The wife suggested we add white mountains to the very top and keep the brown for the rest... Kinda seems to make sense, the highest places would be white/snow covered. Not sure how it would look though..

On another note, my cabinet decals just came, project starts in the new year!

#373 7 years ago

Couple of recent mods...

image.jpg image-632.jpg image-145.jpg image-742.jpg
2 weeks later
#374 7 years ago

No updates in almost 3 weeks! Anyone make any recent changes?

#375 7 years ago

Love the goat/ram in the mountains.

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Love the goat/ram in the mountains.

Thanks! I rallied the kids to find me some animals they thought would look good from there toys. Aside from the odd dinosaur they did a good job, lol.

The owl wasnt my first choice but the colors work well, its my wifes favorite animal and it covers a mark in the plastic ramp with its wing-span. Bonus!

#377 7 years ago

Sad to say ,Mine is down for the count,needs a ton of love

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Managed to get everything off the top side of the pf. Not sure if I'll take everything off the bottom, or not. Any pros or cons to doing this?
The topside is dirty, so I'll clean that up. I also took all the Mylar off. I'll have some quality time with some goo gone tomorrow night.
I would love to have a new micro pf, but not sure I want to put that much money into the machine, as I already have plans for replacing the cabinet.

image.jpg 223 KB

I've been cleaning pop's and flipper mechs. Managed to get all of the glue from the mylar removed and did a quick clean of ground in dirt.

Still debating pulling everything off from the underside, but it seems like it may be a nightmare to get everything back in the right location. But, having everything off would make it a lot easier to work with. I'm contemplating trying my hand a touch up. I've got access to some great automotive clear coat at work, so would like the pf to look nice before doing this.

My shipment from Pinball Life should be here this week, so that will give me a bunch more work to complete.

#379 7 years ago

I did sand and polish my ball guides along with the ball trough using 80, 150, 220, and 600 grit sandpaper. Gives it a rough mirror look. Need to do the lifts under the playfield (the ones it sits on when you pull it forward) next. Also added a playfield protector to it. Have not had a chance to play it as I am reassembling it from when I took it apart about a year ago.

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Sad to say ,Mine is down for the count,needs a ton of love

What's it doing?

I traded mine to my brother (temporarily) for Road Show. I've been going on about 4 months without it, I truly miss it.

#381 7 years ago

Hi everyone, anyone possibly has or knows of a place have this piece for sale? Bayareaamusements is out.

GS-WH2O31-1726-9L.jpg

#382 7 years ago

Tryristor went and it sat for a bit. Put it in the shop fixed it and played it a bit more. Realized it need shopped/ restored ,its tired. So I folded it up. I have three pins in restoration right now and can't get to it so. It sits Wh2o is my favorite pin, I will be patient and give it the attention it deserves in due time

#383 7 years ago

I thought for some reason that you restored Wh20? Maybe it was a previous machine, or maybe I just made a mental association between your old avatar and a different resto thread.

I've thought about giving my Wh20 the treatment, it's probably my favorite game. My cabinet isn't in good condition, and that's honestly the part I'd be least interested in restoring.. it just seems like a pain, I can't imagine I'm patient enough to do my own stickers.. My playfield is also far from perfect, but may be worth restoring rather than doing a full swap.

Quoted from gprotein:

knows of a place have this piece for sale?

I don't know about that one, but I know that there are some 'wooden' signs like that, they look pretty cool, but not original if you're looking for that style.

Wait.. I grabbed that boulder at expo... I may have an extra if it came with one. I'll see if I can dig it out tomorrow, not sure if it's even there, or what the condition is like.

#384 7 years ago

Wait.. I grabbed that boulder at expo... I may have an extra if it came with one. I'll see if I can dig it out tomorrow, not sure if it's even there, or what the condition is like.

Fingers crossed, please keep me posted.

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Hi everyone, anyone possibly has or knows of a place have this piece for sale? Bayareaamusements is out.

I'll check my supply latet tonight.
Howie

#386 7 years ago

Cleaned up the lockdown bar and the ball return area with sanding. Shiny now.

IMG_20140105_141310_044.jpg IMG_20140108_175229_260.jpg IMG_20140105_141327_197.jpg
#387 7 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I'll check my supply latet tonight.
Howie

Thanks Howie, please do.

#388 7 years ago

Well, good news, I have a spare. Bad news, it doesn't look all that great. If you want it (the sign, I need the boulder), I'll send it to you. Let me know.

20140108_205115.jpg
#389 7 years ago

Sanded down the lift bars.

IMG_20140112_132241_472.jpg IMG_20140112_140404_207.jpg IMG_20140112_132251_015.jpg IMG_20140112_140410_880.jpg
#390 7 years ago

Just joined the club! Can't wait to play

#391 7 years ago

Was somebody looking for me about my home made Whitewater Topper? I am here to help out, just ping me.
Dave

1 week later
#392 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

This stuff is great because, unlike mylar or the self laminating sheets, it's non-adhesive. I ran the lower edge under the Cliffy and it's holding there great. I may even eventually remove the Cliffy and vinyl over the whole switch area.

Just bought this to give it a try. I love "self laminating sheets" and gonna try this now.

#393 7 years ago

I Love My Duck

8455551.jpg
#394 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just bought this to give it a try. I love "self laminating sheets" and gonna try this now.

Just to update, I've had the clingy (non-adhesive) clear vinyl under the right inlane drop for months now and it's working like a charm. I still have the cliffy over the switch hole, but the clear vinyl covers the spot just above that and below the Mylar (which is exactly where the ball drops).

I've seen that area get pretty bad because the ball is constantly dropping right at the top of the switch hole. Due ball repeatedly dropping at/near that switch hole that whole area is more susceptible to damage. The clear can crack, then the paint will chip and eventually the wood around the top of the switch hole will splinter. Dirt from the ball gets ground into all the cracks. Putting the clingy vinyl there cushions the ball drop a little, and prevents dirt from getting ground in there. Luckily, I got mine on before any real damage started but I've seen lots of others that get a little trashed in that area.

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Putting the clingy vinyl there cushions the ball drop a little, and prevents dirt from getting ground in there. Luckily, I got mine on before any real damage started but I've seen lots of others that get a little trashed in that area.

I like it, might try using it in other areas/games too. Thx for the tip!

#396 7 years ago

Here are some pics of the machine put back together.

IMG_20140125_130058_333.jpg IMG_20140125_130041_181.jpg IMG_20140125_130123_906.jpg IMG_20140125_130255_486.jpg IMG_20140125_130130_517.jpg
#397 7 years ago

Some more...

IMG_20140125_130118_732.jpg IMG_20140125_130302_522.jpg IMG_20140125_130237_720.jpg IMG_20140125_130154_744.jpg IMG_20140125_130110_160.jpg
#398 7 years ago

I had the machine apart for a year since I decided to finish my basement while it was already apart. I added a playfield protector and replaced the GI in the pop bumpers. I used the Stern type of sockets with wires instead of metal leads. I also flame polished all the ramps and for the most part did no damage. The first one i did was the whirlpool one and it is very thin plastic at the base of ghe whirlpool.

#399 7 years ago

Pics of the machine all lit up. I have to get better LEDs for the raft inserts. I plan to add spotlights above the slings to brighten up the center of the playfield.

IMG_20140128_183506_019.jpg IMG_20140128_183514_681.jpg
#400 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Tom Wibble makes them.

How does one get in contact with Tom Wibble? Search for him on this site and no luck.

There are 6,204 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 125.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside