Topic Stats

• 4,938 posts
  • 462 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by RobDutch
  • Topic is favorited by 211 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,338 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ramp (resized).jpg
4991691B-2CDE-404A-B52C-909D2B6DA51A (resized).jpeg
85F95057-4540-4E75-9C2D-FBBFC35C9E14 (resized).jpeg
0F6675A9-6643-4C91-82DD-7A58C2377C75 (resized).jpeg
15892883026575714529621872992907 (resized).jpg
1589288286019575703401555636618 (resized).jpg
15892882694304648944974132286984 (resized).jpg
15892882511965118673158272087377 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
20200511_203738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200507_190701~2 (resized).jpg
20200505_225031 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20200502_202946 (resized).jpg
20200502_230601 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200429_203642 (resized).jpg

There are 4938 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 99.
#3901 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So what does everyone have for a colordmd?

I have Color DMDs in 10 of my games and I like both versions. I use LED versions when they are easier to install or are the only version available: BR, AF, A13 & BW. I have LCD versions in WW, FT, ST, RS, POTC & Monopoly. All of the colordmds at the PHOF are LCDs.

#3902 1 year ago

LCD all day, everyday. Only have LED in Gilligan and Black Rose because of translight.

#3903 1 year ago

Well we liked the LCD we had on our OG MB so I guess I’ll roll with it here. Thx

#3904 1 year ago

Will the LH-6 Rom work with the Color DMD?

#3905 1 year ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Will the LH-6 Rom work with the Color DMD?

Yes.

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So what does everyone have for a colordmd?
I ordered the LED version or so I thought and received my order today and it’s the LCD version
Just wanted to know what’s the concensus is all
Thx

I like the LCD display better.

#3907 1 year ago

Best place to get the LH6 rom? My game is not coming with it so I need to track one down.

#3908 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Best place to get the LH6 rom? My game is not coming with it so I need to track one down.

Got one at Arcadeshop.com with other stuff I was buying.

#3909 1 year ago

I found a disconnected or broken solid orange wire under the playfield (circled in red, middle area). I traced the wire to the left edge where it connects to a bulb (also circled); it looks to be a ground wire. Not sure where the open end goes. Hoping someone can look under their playfield and tell me where its supposed to connect.

Game seems to be playing fine...

Thanks!

IMG-6265 (resized).JPG
#3910 1 year ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

I found a disconnected or broken solid orange wire under the playfield (circled in red, middle area). I traced the wire to the left edge where it connects to a bulb (also circled); it looks to be a ground wire. Not sure where the open end goes. Hoping someone can look under their playfield and tell me where its supposed to connect.
Game seems to be playing fine...
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Hopefully this will help you out looks like it attaches to a ground strap right above that pop bumper

20190324_090836 (resized).jpg
#3911 1 year ago

Delivered earlier today by none other than Fast Eddie. This guy is truly an asset to the community and more importantly the human race. What a nice, humble, and thankful gentleman. And man does he love his shrink wrap, lol!

NOS PFs
NOS boulders
NOS ramps
NOS dome
Pristine topper decal
LEDs installed
Completely redone inside (very clean and well done)

Cab is rougher than I would like so at some point it will need to be redone. Legs are temporary till the new ones arrive from PBL. She plays butter smooth!

Got bunches to do but had to get to work (have both OCD boards to install, zene's bigfoot mod, pinduino board, rock pinball backboard and undercab lighting). I did get my colordmd, trough light, and lit flipper buttons all installed before I had to go. She is all playable though and that's all that matters for now.

Can't wait to get some more time with her (and the POTC next to it). Life is good!

WW1 (resized).jpg
#3912 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hopefully this will help you out looks like it attaches to a ground strap right above that pop bumper
[quoted image]

I think that is one of the leads for the pop bumper, not a grounding strap. That goes up above the playfield.

#3913 1 year ago
Quoted from judremy:

I think that is one of the leads for the pop bumper, not a grounding strap. That goes up above the playfield.

Ok so after a closer look it is the leg for the pop bumper lamp. Just snapped the pic earlier and had to run out the door.

#3914 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Ok so after a closer look it is the leg for the pop bumper lamp. Just snapped the pic earlier and had to run out the door.

Thanks for the replies. My game was restored by a previous owner, and there is no grounding strap in the area where yours is. There's some remnant of staples, but that's it. Also, the pop bumper lamp sockets were replaced (see black wire and wire nuts) The sockets connect into the white wire with orange stripe, and into a leg of a lamp socket with yellow wire (see bottom right of photo). I tried to capture what's going on in the photo. Since it was wired differently, perhaps the orange wire serves no purpose now, and it didn't come loose?

IMG_1130 (resized).JPG
#3915 1 year ago

Here'a a sketch of how the 3 lamp sockets are wired. Is the orange supposed to go somewhere?

wire diag (resized).png
#3916 1 year ago

Here'a a sketch of how the 3 lamp sockets are wired. Is the orange supposed to go somewhere?
[quoted image]

Is the light inside the pop bumper where the wire is connected in my pic lighting? If so then my guess is they eliminated the need to use that orange wire.

#3917 1 year ago

Yes, all three of my pop bumper lights are working. Since it appears to not be needed, what’s the best way to leave it? Cap it, or take the wire out all the way to where it’s connected to the left gi bulb?

#3918 1 year ago

Yes, all three of my pop bumper lights are working. Since it appears to not be needed, what’s the best way to leave it? Cap it, or take the wire out all the way to where it’s connected to the left gi bulb?

I personally would just cap it as i'm not a fan of removing parts from games. Who knows you may need that wire someday.

#3919 1 year ago

True. Thanks fo the help.

#3920 1 year ago

Whitewater is one word

B1BE9346-119D-44DA-B7E6-53A71F158BF5 (resized).jpeg
#3921 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Whitewater is one word
[quoted image]

True but what about this?

Arcade-Game-Williams-Pinball-White-Water-WPC-Schematic (resized).jpg
#3922 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Whitewater is one word
[quoted image]

Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

True but what about this?[quoted image]

OMG not this debate again

#3923 1 year ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Looking at your screenname, we know where you stand in this ....

#3924 1 year ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

White Water pinball name is 2 words. There is no debate.

#3925 1 year ago

Has anyone put Radcals on their cab?

The inner portion of my cab is fantastic - the outer not so much. Looking at the Radcals thread these seem ideal for me since my cab is not so great (lots of scuffs, scrapes, dings, lock holes, extra lock, inventory plaque etc). My concern is that my head needs touch up work as well. Anyone know the formula for WW blue paint?

#3926 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Anyone know the formula for WW blue paint?

My understanding is that the radcals eliminate the need to paint anything. But you can always buy the radcals, and bring them to like a Sherwin Williams or other paint shop, and that have that special color analyzer where they can exactly match the color you want.

#3927 1 year ago

That is exactly what I did!

#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from PjM:

That is exactly what I did!

Did you put Radcals on a White Water? If so do you like it and can you share pics?

Quoted from mbaumle:

My understanding is that the radcals eliminate the need to paint anything. But you can always buy the radcals, and bring them to like a Sherwin Williams or other paint shop, and that have that special color analyzer where they can exactly match the color you want.

Well I would still have to paint the front of the head where I have plenty of dings and scrapes. Good thought on the SW though, might be my best option unless I want to go full on cab restore

#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well I would still have to paint the front of the head where I have plenty of dings and scrapes. Good thought on the SW though, might be my best option unless I want to go full on cab restore

I just had this exact question about a whirlwind. The cab needs some work on the front of the head. I'll have to get some paint made to fix it up.

#3930 1 year ago

Hey guys, I picked up a pretty nice players whitewater.
Overall it's pretty nice and plays very well, but the boulder garden sign is broken (and the topper decal isn't real, but i'll assume that's an open and shut case of never happening).
Anyone know where to get it?
Thanks,
Joe

#3931 1 year ago

I did not put rad cals on. They were from Planetary I believe.

#3932 1 year ago

Whitewater resets all settings everytime I turn it off. For the last couple of months, everytime I turn on the pinball machine its reset every setting everytime I turn it on. It says "Factor settings restored", and "bookkeeping totals cleared". I can then change all the settings, get a high score, turn the game off for a few minutes, and then when I turn it back on it says the same thing again, and then I have to reset everything. Been a pain, not sure if anyone here has any insights into what is wrong? Bad fuse? Not super familiar with this issue, don't want to start taking things apart if I don't have to. I have a screen grab attached as well. But resets everything, including any high scores everytime, and this is without unplugging it as well.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 10.50.02 PM (resized).png Added 13 months ago:

It was the 3 batteries. That fixed the issue. Thank you so much everyone for your feedback. New to having to fix pinball machines, so it's been a big learning experience for me, thanks again for the feedback!

#3933 1 year ago

start with checking the batteries, battery holder, damage, ..

#3934 1 year ago
Quoted from Devinsupertramp:

Whitewater resets all settings everytime I turn it off. For the last couple of months, everytime I turn on the pinball machine its reset every setting everytime I turn it on. It says "Factor settings restored", and "bookkeeping totals cleared". I can then change all the settings, get a high score, turn the game off for a few minutes, and then when I turn it back on it says the same thing again, and then I have to reset everything. Been a pain, not sure if anyone here has any insights into what is wrong? Bad fuse? Not super familiar with this issue, don't want to start taking things apart if I don't have to. I have a screen grab attached as well. But resets everything, including any high scores everytime, and this is without unplugging it as well.
[quoted image]

Batteries are dead most likely

#3935 1 year ago

Put some nvram in there.

#3936 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Put some nvram in there.

He says he's not familiar with the issue (most likely dead batteries) and you suggesting taking the iron to his CPU board? mmm...

#3937 1 year ago

I would check the 3 AA batteries in the backbox. Inspect the battery holder carefully, to see if there has been any leaking battery acid. If so, you'll need to clean and possibly repair board.

I write the new date on the battery, when I install on them, with a sharpie. I rotate the battery with date out, so I can easily read it. That way, I can see when I feel it's time to replace them. For me typically 3-4 years.

Once the new batteries are in... reset your game to the settings you like (Free play / #balls / difficulty etc). The batteries will hold / save your settings until they can't any longer.

#3938 1 year ago

So the wife has made it clear that she does not like the red bulbs in the whirlpool. She insists they should be blue.

What do you guys suggest I use for blue in the pool? blue covers, blue frosted LEDs?

And is there an easy way to change out these bulbs or am I looking a tear out of the ramps?

TIA

#3939 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So the wife has made it clear that she does not like the red bulbs in the whirlpool. She insists they should be blue.
What do you guys suggest I use for blue in the pool? blue covers, blue frosted LEDs?
And is there an easy way to change out these bulbs or am I looking a tear out of the ramps?
TIA

You get to the light board from the underside. You just need to remove the subway. Take a look. You'll see.

#3940 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

TIA

Oh boy here we go. Prepare yourself cause you know theres a shit storm of opinions coming your way on this topic. As always I say its your game do what makes you happy but some others are very opinionated on the blue lights in the whirlpool topic.

#3941 1 year ago

Yeah I know but I'm the one that has to live with the wife not you guys

#3942 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yeah I know but I'm the one that has to live with the wife not you guys

Blue isn't "right" but its fine. It's a controlled light not GI. So it is only on when it means something. Its not a permanent change and won't make the game harder to play, like colored GI does.

#3943 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I used 3 white frosted and 3 blue frosted (each grouped together in 3er bundles) so generally one white bulb and one blue bulb is on. It creates kind of a frothing effect - like whitewater.

I usually try to keep my games as original as possible, but I never liked the red.

#3944 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:I used 3 white frosted and 3 blue frosted (each grouped together in 3er bundles) so generally one white bulb and one blue bulb is on. It creates kind of a frothing effect - like whitewater.
I usually try to keep my games as original as possible, but I never liked the red.

That sounds pretty cool any chance you have pic of vid of this? I like the idea actually.

#3945 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

some others are very opinionated on the blue lights in the whirlpool topic.

Realy?

What expression tops "first world problems" ?

#3946 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

That sounds pretty cool any chance you have pic of vid of this? I like the idea actually.

I‘ll try that tomorrow when I‘m back in the house.

#3947 1 year ago

I just went aqua, pulled it from the bottom as suggested. But the small dome to the top of the whirlpool is still red, will probably bite the bullet and pull off the ramps eventually. Have to try the blue/ white combo, that sounds nice.

#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Oh boy here we go. Prepare yourself cause you know theres a shit storm of opinions coming your way on this topic. As always I say its your game do what makes you happy but some others are very opinionated on the blue lights in the whirlpool topic.

Awesome, you made me laugh out loud

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Realy?
What expression tops "first world problems" ?

So true

#3949 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I could not figure out a way to make a video which resembles what the eye sees.

#3950 1 year ago

I like cool whites with blue condoms in the whirlpool myself...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Boards
PinSound
There are 4938 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 99.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside