IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 157.
#3801 5 years ago

Got her into the lineup today, So excited!

B5AE3076-76EC-4F1A-A39E-F34E207403CB (resized).jpegB5AE3076-76EC-4F1A-A39E-F34E207403CB (resized).jpegF9292768-503C-4B7B-92F6-B0F2A6F08A26 (resized).jpegF9292768-503C-4B7B-92F6-B0F2A6F08A26 (resized).jpeg
#3802 5 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Got her into the lineup today, So excited!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are 3 solid pins. How is the pinballsp color dmd working out for you on wh20 are you happy with it?

#3803 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Those are 3 solid pins. How is the pinballsp color dmd working out for you on wh20 are you happy with it?

I recently acquired a Whitewater and the first thing I did was purchase a color DMD, which was my first ever color DMD. It's fantastic and totally fits the game.

#3804 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

It’s been solid, the price was right and I’m good with the four colors, hoping for the magic editor mode to go to town on it. I know I can make it look nicer. Once that comes through I might upgrade the TAF. Well built.

#3805 5 years ago

I'm in the process of trying to build my own lighted speaker panel. I don't want to run a wire down to connect to the GI to pull power up to the 6.3v comet led strips. I would like to pull riggt from the board and it looks like J103, J137, J132, J124 are all open headers. I was wondering if anyone knew if I could pull power from one of these or anywhere else off the board for the led light strips. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thx

#3806 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I'm in the process of trying to build my own lighted speaker panel. I don't want to run a wire down to connect to the GI to pull power up to the 6.3v comet led strips. I would like to pull riggt from the board and it looks like J103, J137, J132, J124 are all open headers. I was wondering if anyone knew if I could pull power from one of these or anywhere else off the board for the led light strips. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Advice, don't do it, you'll just be adding glare to the glass.

#3807 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Advice, don't do it, you'll just be adding glare to the glass.

There are a coyple real good videos i've found on youtubr on hiw to diffuse the light along with using dimmers from comet to control the amount of light that is emitted.

#3808 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

There are a coyple real good videos i've found on youtubr on hiw to diffuse the light along with using dimmers from comet to control the amount of light that is emitted.

OK, lemme get this straight. You wanna add a bunch of (unneeded) light purely for aesthetics, then to fix the resulting glare issue, you want to spend even more to buy diffusers and dimmers to lower the light level to stop the glare that wouldn't be present if you didn't add the lights in the first place?

Ok, your game have fun. Just seems silly.

#3809 5 years ago

To each is their own, but I would have to agree the glare could be bad depending on how illuminated you plan to go with your speaker panel.

I had actually bought the lighted speaker for my WH20 panel that lighted pinball mods makes and ended up not installing it, for a few reasons, but one was I could tell it was going to reflect off the glass a lot. NOW this can be partially remedied with a bent plastic protector...https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html but I digress

Also, Invisiglass could help glare but that's like another 250.00

#3810 5 years ago

Its strictly for aesthetics just because the speaker panel is blah to me. It needs a little bit of pop in my opinion and the way to do that for me personally is to add a diffused amount of light up there. It's no different than adding a lighted pop bumper ring or some 8smd flasher bulbs to your flashers some people say that it's too bright I personally like it to each his own. Lighted pinball Mods makes and sells them for 250 bucks if you've got a couple hours of your time and a little imagination you can do it for about $15 not really sure why creativity is completely shouted down around here all the time.

#3811 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Its strictly for aesthetics just because the speaker panel is blah to me. It needs a little bit of pop in my opinion and the way to do that for me personally is to add a diffused amount of light up there. It's no different than adding a lighted pop bumper ring or some 8smd flasher bulbs to your flashers some people say that it's too bright I personally like it to each his own. Lighted pinball Mods makes and sells them for 250 bucks if you've got a couple hours of your time and a little imagination you can do it for about $15 not really sure why creativity is completely shouted down around here all the time.

To quote another Missourian, if it makes you happy, it can’t be so bad.

#3812 5 years ago

PinDeLaPin I hope you don’t think I was being a nay sayer. Dude it’s your gam man, whatever makes yourself happy.

#3813 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

pindelapin I hope you don’t think I was being a nay sayer. Dude it’s your gam man, whatever makes yourself happy.

Nope not u man Soulrider911 i've got mad respect for the work you have done on bringing your wh20 back to life.

#3814 5 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

To quote another Missourian, if it makes you happy, it can’t be so bad.

You know ultimately it just comes down to me looking to build things for myself and not pay a ton of money to someone else for things that I know I can do or make myself.

#3815 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

You know ultimately it just comes down to me looking to build things for myself and not pay a ton of money to someone else for things that I know I can do or make myself.

Love this man can’t wait to see it!

#3816 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I feel the same way! I see those Led kits for $200.00 and I think why don’t they sit down with the GI lighting page in the book and figure out the order.

#3817 5 years ago

I did some repair work on the driver board and now I have two new problems:
- when you first turn on the game and you're in attract mode, the VUK fires 5 or 6 times
- all three flippers are weaker than they used to be; the upper right flipper bounces and doesn't even hold.

Otherwise the game plays as it should and all other coils fire nice a strong.

My repairs had nothing to do with the flippers, any guesses what could be going on? Just a connection in the wrong place?

#3818 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I did some repair work on the driver board and now I have two new problems:
- when you first turn on the game and you're in attract mode, the VUK fires 5 or 6 times
- all three flippers are weaker than they used to be; the upper right flipper bounces and doesn't even hold.
Otherwise the game plays as it should and all other coils fire nice a strong.
My repairs had nothing to do with the flippers, any guesses what could be going on? Just a connection in the wrong place?

What work did you do on the driver board and what was it you were fixing initially before the new problems arose?

#3819 5 years ago

Changed a few caps and BR to resolve a reset issue.

#3820 5 years ago

I didn't have a whole awful lot of time today but I created some templates out of cardstock and then was able to cut out the spacers. Still have to sand them down though but I'm making progress slow and steady at getting the speaker light mod done for a cheap amount

20190309_140349 (resized).jpg20190309_140349 (resized).jpg20190309_144248 (resized).jpg20190309_144248 (resized).jpg
#3821 5 years ago

I've gotten a little more done, one side is at least. You can see on the close up pic it looks brighter than it is.

20190311_092810 (resized).jpg20190311_092810 (resized).jpg20190311_094046 (resized).jpg20190311_094046 (resized).jpg20190311_094131 (resized).jpg20190311_094131 (resized).jpg
#3822 5 years ago

Hey that looks nice!

#3823 5 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Hey that looks nice!

Thanks. Have to pick up some longer bolts to secure the speakers and then dial in the brightness with the dimmer and it should be done.

#3824 5 years ago

This would also work well. It's an LED rope from adafruit.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3867

3867-04 (resized).jpg3867-04 (resized).jpg
#3825 5 years ago

Looks Good PinDeLaPin what about rotating the LED so the seam is on top. As when standing in front of the machine you more prone to seeing the bottom of the led in that opening rather than the top, so it could look more "seamless" just an idea .

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3826 5 years ago

I bought my Whitewater sight unseen about 2 years ago. Condition was pretty much as described.

The topper was bagged and bubble wrapped. My basement ceiling is too low and never installed it. I never looked at it ever before as well. The seller told me it was in great condition.

Tonight I checked it out. I'm very happy. Foil's perfect, colors are bright, plastic clean and white. Dome is scratch less. Score!

PS, not for sale

#3827 5 years ago

Looks Good PinDeLaPin what about rotating the LED so the seam is on top. As when standing in front of the machine you more prone to seeing the bottom of the led in that opening rather than the top, so it could look more "seamless" just an idea .

Yep good eye I noticed that as well. Hoping to finish it up tomorrow and will fine tune it then.

#3828 5 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

This would also work well. It's an LED rope from adafruit.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3867[quoted image]

Those look interesting thanks for the link will definitely check into them.

#3829 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Thanks. Have to pick up some longer bolts to secure the speakers and then dial in the brightness with the dimmer and it should be done.

I bought some frosted blue strips from Comet that give a more solid glow like the ropelight, I stuck it in the back by the ramps.

#3830 5 years ago

This is one I just added. Nice touch for the restoration I’m showing at TPF. I didn’t gave it turned on for this pic of the game. Will add when I take another.

2A7C7576-633B-4BC4-907F-6178D5B52434 (resized).jpeg2A7C7576-633B-4BC4-907F-6178D5B52434 (resized).jpeg1CCE10DB-BDB4-4558-9414-DF5B1008CC35 (resized).jpeg1CCE10DB-BDB4-4558-9414-DF5B1008CC35 (resized).jpegF74979B2-777D-493F-9D77-EF6168C3A2DC (resized).jpegF74979B2-777D-493F-9D77-EF6168C3A2DC (resized).jpeg
#3831 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

This is one I just added. Nice touch for the restoration I’m showing at TPF. I didn’t gave it turned on for this pic of the game. Will add when I take another.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did that speaker panel come from?

#3832 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Where did that speaker panel come from?

lightedpinballmods

Some feedback on it:

The Good:
- I think it's well priced, considering it's a full panel with lights on the inside. (keep in mind your speaker translite will have to be shaved on the back or you will need to purchase a new one. This is just the panel that's behind the translite).
-You can program the lights to have different patterns and brightness.

The Bad:
-Took over a month to get the panel when I ordered. Communication was not great from the seller. They were apologetic.
-The speaker grills and holes are not flush to the speaker panel translite. You will see it when I post a new pic.
-The old speaker panel was secured with brackets that went behind the wood. This came with smaller brackets that go in front of the wood and make the panel sit too far towards the front. I'm still trying to get a good fix for this.
-Not all hardware is provided for securing your old speakers. The screws from my previous speakers have a different threading than this board.
-The instructions online are for a previous model, not the current iteration.
-There is a board kit to control the power to only work when the game is on. That's pretty cool, when it's not shorting out. There's a poor connection from the thin wire that I had to fix.
-I had to use a sander on the top of the panel on the back side to get my H channel to fit on the top. It was a significant amount of sanding.

Overall I recommend this product, as long as you are comfortable with making modifications.

#3833 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

lightedpinballmods
Some feedback on it:
The Good:
- I think it's well priced, considering it's a full panel with lights on the inside. (keep in mind your speaker translite will have to be shaved on the back or you will need to purchase a new one. This is just the panel that's behind the translite).
-You can program the lights to have different patterns and brightness.
The Bad:
-Took over a month to get the panel when I ordered. Communication was not great from the seller. They were apologetic.
-The speaker grills and holes are not flush to the speaker panel translite. You will see it when I post a new pic.
-The old speaker panel was secured with brackets that went behind the wood. This came with smaller brackets that go in front of the wood and make the panel sit too far towards the front. I'm still trying to get a good fix for this.
-Not all hardware is provided for securing your old speakers. The screws from my previous speakers have a different threading than this board.
-The instructions online are for a previous model, not the current iteration.
-There is a board kit to control the power to only work when the game is on. That's pretty cool, when it's not shorting out. There's a poor connection from the thin wire that I had to fix.
-I had to use a sander on the top of the panel on the back side to get my H channel to fit on the top. It was a significant amount of sanding.
Overall I recommend this product, as long as you are comfortable with making modifications.

So after some digging and then consulting with "Mr. Wizard" himself @ChrisHibler I was able to with Chris's advice pull power from j119 on the power driver board. That is a steady supply which feeds power to the coin door. This whole project for me just started as a way to brighten up the darkness between the playfield and the translite. The whole lighted speaker panel was never my intention just some accent lighting around the speakers. The lighted speaker panel does look really cool I just am cheap and didn't want to drop $200. Please show pics when you are finished i'm sure it will look great. Had to cut a new spacer just now as I cut the 1st one too small so now hoping to get mine finished up by tomorrow.

#3834 5 years ago

So what's a fair price to pay for a White Water these days. Assume good condition (not perfect) with working topper (dome may or may not be cracked). Some LEDs installed, has cliffy's ramps appear to be intact no breaks or cracks same for boulders. Regular DMD (not color). Little to no fade in cab art, no touch ups, head has some scuffs on one side only. Game is working 100%

Have a lead on a second one that is decent as well same info as above but no cliffy's, targets are wrong type and color, but everything else appears intact. Cab has little to no fade but a few more bumps and bruises. Game plays 100% as well.

#3835 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So what's a fair price to pay for a White Water these days. Assume good condition (not perfect) with working topper (dome may or may not be cracked). Some LEDs installed, has cliffy's ramps appear to be intact no breaks or cracks same for boulders. Regular DMD (not color). Little to no fade in cab art, no touch ups, head has some scuffs on one side only. Game is working 100%
Have a lead on a second one that is decent as well same info as above but no cliffy's, targets are wrong type and color, but everything else appears intact. Cab has little to no fade but a few more bumps and bruises. Game plays 100% as well.

Playfields planked or not? Raised inserts? Ramps condition?

Cab no fade is a plus.

#3836 5 years ago

Full ramp set is something around $800 I think that's been a decent factor in wh2o prices going up.

#3837 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Playfields planked or not? Raised inserts? Ramps condition?
Cab no fade is a plus.

All ramps, plastics, boulders etc have no cracks or breaks in them that I can see. Ramps are dirty but outside of full replacement you aren't getting those nice clear beauties in this game of course.

PF seems fine no chips, raised inserts that I can see.

Both cabs are good but I did compare pics of a newly decaled HEP restore someone sold on pinside to pics of these cabs and there is some fade but its pretty minimal. Basically I wouldn't have said there is fade had I not looked at new decals.

#3838 5 years ago

$5200?

#3839 5 years ago

I was kinda of around 5k myself. The "nicer" one as I would say based on pics does have a few minor extras (cliffy's, correct targets undercab lighting, pinblades etc) I was thinking maybe a touch more although seller is asking more than 5k for it. The other one seems decent as well (no extras and wrong targets) but price is fair bit less. I would have to get it transported as its too far for me to drive but even with that cost its less than 5k.

#3840 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I was kinda of around 5k myself. The "nicer" one as I would say based on pics does have a few minor extras (cliffy's, correct targets undercab lighting, pinblades etc) I was thinking maybe a touch more although seller is asking more than 5k for it. The other one seems decent as well (no extras and wrong targets) but price is fair bit less. I would have to get it transported as its too far for me to drive but even with that cost its less than 5k.

I would not care much about the extra bits. As long as the cab is solid, the playfield flat and the plastics (ramps, boulder, etc.) are nice it's a contender.

Those mixed up targets might be a signal the game's been messed around. I would take a good look but may be the price is right.

#3841 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I would not care much about the extra bits. As long as the cab is solid, the playfield flat and the plastics (ramps, boulder, etc.) are nice it's a contender.
Those mixed up targets might be a signal the game's been messed around. I would take a good look but may be the price is right.

Around 4k before I pay for transport so assume $4500-$4600 once done

The other "nicer" one with a few extra bits would probably be at least $5500-$5600 not sure I can get him to go lower. It is closer (90 min drive for me) and I would be able to see/touch the game first which means a fair bit. Does it make it worth an extra 1k is questionable but maybe.

#3842 5 years ago

Here are pics of the ~$4000 one

Hard to say just from pics but feel free to share your thoughts

IMG_6500 (resized).jpegIMG_6500 (resized).jpegIMG_8154 (resized).jpgIMG_8154 (resized).jpgIMG_8155 (resized).jpgIMG_8155 (resized).jpgIMG_8156 (resized).jpgIMG_8156 (resized).jpgIMG_8157 (resized).jpgIMG_8157 (resized).jpgIMG_8158 (resized).jpgIMG_8158 (resized).jpgIMG_8159 (resized).jpgIMG_8159 (resized).jpgIMG_8160 (resized).jpgIMG_8160 (resized).jpgIMG_8161 (resized).jpgIMG_8161 (resized).jpg
#3843 5 years ago

Looks nice to me. Can you get him to send you a picture of the playfield at gold mine exit (near the widlcat) see how much wear it has. And the shooter lane.

The stand-up targets at the no way out are not a big deal. I see he has mantis protector installed. Cab looks solid and inserts as well. Big foot is clean. DMD clean and strong.

But what do I know, I'm from Canada so 4k usd is like 10k cad....

#3844 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Looks nice to me. Can you get him to send you a picture of the playfield at gold mine exit (near the widlcat) see how much wear it has. And the shooter lane.
The stand-up targets at the no way out are not a big deal. I see he has mantis protector installed. Cab looks solid and inserts as well. Big foot is clean. DMD clean and strong.
But what do I know, I'm from Canada so 4k usd is like 10k cad....

LOL here are 3 more shots he sent me

IMG_8312 (resized).jpgIMG_8312 (resized).jpgIMG_8313 (resized).jpgIMG_8313 (resized).jpgIMG_8314 (resized).jpgIMG_8314 (resized).jpg
#3845 5 years ago

Clean subway, game's been taken care. Hope it's 100%.

Good luck.

#3846 5 years ago

Thanks. If I can get the local one lower I would go with that otherwise I think this one is a good option as the price is solid to begin with, don't want a beater game.

#3847 5 years ago

Great price, i paid more than that for one, then totally restored it with new playfields, mountains, ramps, plastics etc, Cabinet decals etc.

#3848 5 years ago

Great price, I paid 4500 for mine and it was a pile. This one is in great shape!

#3849 5 years ago

Made an offer to buy the game we will see what happens next.

Only other thing is hoping maybe I can find someone to go and check out the game for me and verify its there, working condition etc since its out of town. Going to use Fast Eddie for transport and of course want to be sure all is in place before he makes the journey.

Any fellow White Water owners near Hampton NH?

#3850 5 years ago

Great price, I paid 4500 for mine and it was a pile. This one is in great shape!

Whats the status of your renovation? Last update was you were waiting for the new replacement cabinet has it arrived yet?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
17,250 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/77?hl=j67ab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.