IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0487.jpeg
IMG_5767.jpeg

There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 157.
#3751 5 years ago

I cannot see the waterfall effect on my topper. Could the lights not be working the way they are supposed to do?

#3752 5 years ago
Quoted from guido:

I cannot see the waterfall effect on my topper. Could the lights not be working the way they are supposed to do?

Sequence is completely wrong.
This is the right operation:

#3753 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Sequence is completely wrong.
This is the right operation:

I see. How could I fix that? I appreciate any help.

#3754 5 years ago
Quoted from guido:

you're using LEDs. theres your problem.

#3755 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Always my first thought...but I couldn't tell

#3756 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

You are right. I'm using leds but not on the topper just on the playfield. Do the leds on the playfield affect the behaviour of the lights on the topper?

15500877241471492093440 (resized).jpg15500877241471492093440 (resized).jpg
#3757 5 years ago
Quoted from guido:

You are right. I'm using leds but not on the topper just on the playfield. Do the leds on the playfield affect the behaviour of the lights on the topper?[quoted image]

Naw

#3758 5 years ago
Quoted from guido:You are right. I'm using leds but not on the topper just on the playfield. Do the leds on the playfield affect the behaviour of the lights on the topper?[quoted image]

It shouldn't have an effect. Wasn't sure on the LEDs up top, they seems to have some fade time like inc's but were really white like LED's. Oh shit, you got the wrong bulbs. I don't remember the right number but those are not standard 555's. 12v circuit if I remember, i don't have a WH2O anymore to check, which explains why they are so bright.

#3760 5 years ago

I'm using 194 bulbs. So the bulbs shouldn't be the problem since the manual says that those bulbs are the correct ones.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3761 5 years ago
Quoted from guido:

I'm using 194 bulbs. So the bulbs shouldn't be the problem since the manual says that those bulbs are the correct ones.[quoted image]

Bulbs are OK.
Check your chase light board, resolder suspicious connections.
If all else fails, you can buy aftermarket boards, like this:
https://rocklandpinball.com/product/white-water-chase-lightboard-15761-2/

#3762 5 years ago
Quoted from guido:

I'm using 194 bulbs. So the bulbs shouldn't be the problem since the manual says that those bulbs are the correct ones.[quoted image]

In that case we've exhausted the simple things. I don' know why yours appears so bright. Maybe the control board itself has an issue. Like BoP's helmet lights, these are not GI or inserts. They have their own completely separate board controlling them.

#3763 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

In that case we've exhausted the simple things. I don' know why yours appears so bright. Maybe the control board itself has an issue. Like BoP's helmet lights, these are not GI or inserts. They have their own completely separate board controlling them.

They aren't as bright as they look like in the video.

Quoted from Davi:

Bulbs are OK.
Check your chase light board, resolder suspicious connections.
If all else fails, you can buy aftermarket boards, like this:
https://rocklandpinball.com/product/white-water-chase-lightboard-15761-2/

I'll check that board to see if something looks wrong. Thank you all for your help

#3764 5 years ago
Quoted from guido:

Could the lights not be working the way they are supposed to do?

Are you using an original driver board? One version of the Rottendog boards does not work correctly with the WW chase boards.

#3765 5 years ago

Hello. New owner here. Does anyone know where this piece goes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

WW (resized).JPGWW (resized).JPG
#3766 5 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Hello. New owner here. Does anyone know where this piece goes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Doesn't look like anything I've ever seen in any game.

Looks like part of a wireform.

#3767 5 years ago

Fiancé wants Bumble installed on her White Water. I sifted through the threads and found the Bumble.

Looking for some help/guidance installing Bumble. Didn’t really see any how to threads or what is exactly involved to install him. If anyone could assist me or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

#3768 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Are you using an original driver board? One version of the Rottendog boards does not work correctly with the WW chase boards.

I'm using the original board. I hope I can fix It.

#3769 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Doesn't look like anything I've ever seen in any game.
Looks like part of a wireform.

That's good news.....thanks for the info.

#3770 5 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

[quoted image]

I think that goes out in the pegboard in your garage to hold a tool

Screenshot_20190214-103951_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190214-103951_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#3771 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Didn’t really see any how to threads or what is exactly involved to install him. If anyone could assist me or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I just did the removal for cleaning, but I did have the upper playfield off so hopefully I'm remembering it all correctly. The head comes off with a 6-32 Phillips set screw at the bottom of the back of his neck under his hair. Pretty sure you need to remove the mounting block for his head (that should have an allen set screw) to remove the body up. For the body you need to remove two Phillips screws at end of the log/diverter and two Phillips screws that hold the body down to the solenoid plate. After that I think you can just lift up.

Sorry, I thought I had more pictures of this as I did a bunch of almost everything else. Head in pic is just sitting on body.

IMG_3450 (resized).JPGIMG_3450 (resized).JPG

#3772 5 years ago

There was a white water topper for sale for 2 hours earlier today.
Anyone know what it went for?

#3773 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Actually 2... 2nd was $275.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-topper-and-light-assembly

#3775 5 years ago

That was a really good deal i was 4th in line for it. Original toppers easily go for 4 or $500 all day long. Somebody scored big time just in time for the weekend.

#3776 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Yeah, I picked up the topper alone for 125. I was first in line for the topper and boards too, but didn’t need the boards, and there was a little more bubbling on that one. So, I passed to the next in line.

Both good guys to deal with, and reasonable prices, considering the rarity of the toppers.

#3777 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I think that goes out in the pegboard in your garage to hold a tool
[quoted image]

Who's the tool now. Nice find.

#3778 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

The last couple games I have noticed i would need a certain flasher to advance to the next raft. I havent had a chance to really troubleshoot to deeply on this. Somehow i'm hitting something else and it will then act as though I hit the target when in fact I didn't. Would this indicate a loose wire possibly shorting or bad diode or something else? Im getting no credit dots either so not sure switch test will indicate any problems. Any ideas where to start diagnosing this? Thx

You can get awarded a hazard shot by completing the kickback targets when the kickback is already lit.

#3779 5 years ago
Quoted from guido:

Are those 12V bulbs?

#3780 5 years ago

I have a twisted pins nib whitewater topper I’ll be putting up for sale tomorrow. It’s the closet to the original I have seen and is foiled, but still doesn’t beat the original pm me if your interested.

#3781 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Are those 12V bulbs?

IMG_20190216_141820 (resized).jpgIMG_20190216_141820 (resized).jpg
They are the 194 ones.

#3782 5 years ago
Quoted from guido:

[quoted image]
They are the 194 ones.

Yes.

#3783 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You can get awarded a hazard shot by completing the kickback targets when the kickback is already lit.

Dont know how I didnt know that thx for the heads up.

#3784 5 years ago

Anyone need a topper

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “This is an extremely rare brand new Whie Water topper reproduction by wised pins. It is foil and has texture like the original. The foil treatment is not as pronounced as the origi...”
2019-02-17
Walnut Creek, CA
270 (OBO)
Archived after: 62 days
Viewed: 1504 times

#3785 5 years ago

Hit vacation jackpot today for the first time ever. Was so focused on hitting shots that I forgot my progression and when I shot up the middle to lock, the machine showed me all the glory of vacation jackpot. I honestly thought something short wired on the machine, but I had read that this was the vacation jackpot reaction. I just froze. Now, I want to get back to vacation jackpot more than anything. What a game!

#3786 5 years ago

I was playing another pin tonight after completing a few on my Whitewater. Whitewater was still on but suddenly it started making a popping type sound and the DMD display went out along with the topper and topper lights.

I turned on and off a few times but the popping sound continues when on and the DMD and topper are still out. Is this a blown fuse, something on the board, or something else? I’ve never seen something like this happen with any pin I’ve owned in the past. Any insight on what happened and where the problem may lie is very appreciated.

#3787 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I was playing another pin tonight after completing a few on my Whitewater. Whitewater was still on but suddenly it started making a popping type sound and the DMD display went out along with the topper and topper lights.
I turned on and off a few times but the popping sound continues when on and the DMD and topper are still out. Is this a blown fuse, something on the board, or something else? I’ve never seen something like this happen with any pin I’ve owned in the past. Any insight on what happened and where the problem may lie is very appreciated.

Very strange indeed. The obvious question is did you recently do any repairs or do any mods to the machine? Where is the popping sound coming from, under the playfield, behind the backglass? Narrowing down the origin would be my 1st step.

#3788 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Very strange indeed. The obvious question is did you recently do any repairs or do any mods to the machine? Where is the popping sound coming from, under the playfield, behind the backglass? Narrowing down the origin would be my 1st step.

It seems to be coming from underneath the playfield. No recent installation of any mods. I did have a guy resolder the extra ball switch last week as the wire had come loose. Other then that, no work or mods have been installed since I got it in early January.

I hope something really bad didn’t happen. When the dmd and topper are involved, it is a bit unsettling.

#3789 5 years ago

Anyone have any spare white water parts? Need this ball guide and the large outer one.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3790 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It seems to be coming from underneath the playfield. No recent installation of any mods. I did have a guy resolder the extra ball switch last week as the wire had come loose. Other then that, no work or mods have been installed since I got it in early January.
I hope something really bad didn’t happen. When the dmd and topper are involved, it is a bit unsettling.

Post a pic of the of the solder job on that switch.

#3791 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Post a pic of the of the solder job on that switch.

Look at anything under that switch when the platform is up. There was a solder drip somewhere

#3792 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Look at anything under that switch when the platform is up. There was a solder drip somewhere

Thanks! It was actually just a blown fuse at F116 on the board (I think that was it).

A pinbulbs kit was installed previously that included a led strip behind the backbox boulders. This may be overloading the circuit so I'll have to monitor and see if it blows again.

#3793 5 years ago

I broke one of my Hot Foot white square target switches, and can’t seem to find anyone that sells a replacement. I thought it would’ve been a common part, but apparently not. Does anyone know of a source? It’s part # B-12912-24.
Thanks!

#3795 5 years ago

zene10 Thank you for the reply. I figured I'd end up having to rivet a new face pc. Now I need to figure out what rivet size to use, and where to get an inexpensive tool to do the job.

Anyone know what diameter and length rivet would be needed for this type of target face?

Would this tool do the trick? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-EZSQZ

Thanks!

#3796 5 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

zene10 Thank you for the reply. I figured I'd end up having to rivet a new face pc. Now I need to figure out what rivet size to use, and where to get an inexpensive tool to do the job.
Anyone know what diameter and length rivet would be needed for this type of target face?
Would this tool do the trick? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-EZSQZ
Thanks!

I recommend the Master Rivet kit from pinrestore.com (https://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html)

#3797 5 years ago

Had a pretty good game last night.

IMG_20190226_211510 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_211510 (resized).jpg
#3798 5 years ago

I’m looking for a replacement Boulder Garden entrance sign, the one that gets riveted to the left boulder.
It’s Part No. 31-1726-9. Anyone know of a place that carries them, or have a spare they’d be willing to sell?
Thanks!

#3799 5 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

I broke one of my Hot Foot white square target switches, and can’t seem to find anyone that sells a replacement. I thought it would’ve been a common part, but apparently not. Does anyone know of a source? It’s part # B-12912-24.
Thanks!

I broke both of those white targets within the last year. Replaced mine with these:

http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=B-12912-5

Todd

#3800 5 years ago

TG Thank you, I wish I would have found that sooner. I ended up ordering the white target face from Marco, and will give riveting a try. Good to know that Action Pinball also carries the translucent blue, since those are also out everywhere else it seems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lockport, NY
17,250 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/76?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.