• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 157.
#3601 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

your initial post specifically stated it was a restore "the final MAJOR part for my restore" repro or restored original cab is irrelevent, it appears as a stock cabinet. "just wait until you see all the chrome that is going on this thing." This is not a restoration as chrome wasn't original. As I've said repro parts are fine in a restore, so your cabinet argument is a red herring at best. Chrome isn't original. its a mod. I know comprehension is hard.
who's frowning, I'm having a great day, feet up, rum in hand.

never argue with a drunk guy!

#3602 5 years ago

Available tomorrow or Sunday. A new Bigfoot Spotlight mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-white-water-bigfoot-spotlight-mod-with-hot-foot-mode#post-4782571

SFZ_8515 copy (resized).JPGSFZ_8515 copy (resized).JPG

#3603 5 years ago

What is the best sideblade/pinblade/sideart for WH2O?

#3604 5 years ago

I just got these for Xmas. I have not installed them yet, maybe next weekend (if I am feeling adventurous).

ebay.com link: WHITEWATER Pinball Inner Cab Decal Set Mod White Water

There is another artwork style available (somewhere), but I didn't like them nearly as much as these. Of course, it all comes down to personal preference.

#3605 5 years ago

So what are people’s thoughts on the skull mountain mod? Is it worth the price or should I just buy the grizzly bear mod and put in there?

#3606 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So what are people’s thoughts on the skull mountain mod? Is it worth the price or should I just buy the grizzly bear mod and put in there?

The $5 grizzly bear that does nothing? That thing is garbage.

#3607 5 years ago

So you called the grizzly bear(which I can buy on my own)garbage but you did’t really answer the question. Is the skull mountain mod worth the $100? Knowing I can put a $6 “do nothing” grizzly figure in roughly the same spot is what I’m debating.

I also guess I didn’t realize that any extra I put in a pin has to do something.

#3608 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is the skull mountain mod worth the $100?

Personally, I don't think so. The game is already PACKED with mountains, and adding more just blocks things and clutters up an already tight playfield. I'm also not a fan of how it blocks the player's view of the insanity falls shot. Just my 2 cents.

#3609 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Personally, I don't think so. The game is already PACKED with mountains, and adding more just blocks things and clutters up an already tight playfield. I'm also not a fan of how it blocks the player's view of the insanity falls shot. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, looking at the pictures, I'm wondering the same thing. That is why something small, cheap, and non-obstructive like the bear may be an option. Just not sure how to secure it in that spot.

I do think if the lost mountain mod were available, I would probably get that, though.

#3610 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/whitewater-pinblades which I like. I have side art or mirror blades on all of my games. Whitewater is the tightest fit and the art is easy to damage because of this.

#3611 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

None

#3612 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I have https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/whitewater-pinblades which I like. I have side art or mirror blades on all of my games. Whitewater is the tightest fit and the art is easy to damage because of this.

Looks good!

#3613 5 years ago

Oh, I see... Black painted wood is the perfect design for every pin, except Funhouse, Earthshaker, etc...
Original =//= nicest, the best

#3614 5 years ago

Maybe elaborate on why? I love when folks just say “no” or “don’t do that” but never actually elaborate. Have some great reasoning?? Awesome please share

#3615 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Knowing I can put a $6 “do nothing” grizzly figure in roughly the same spot is what I’m debating.
I also guess I didn’t realize that any extra I put in a pin has to do something.

You can put all the toys & dolls on your game that you want of course, but jesus how much more does WH20 need? The entire thing is covered in ramps and mountains/boulders.

To each their own, but as stated above don;t see the point in further obscuring the shots.

#3616 5 years ago

Just rebuilt my shooter assembly and the ball now rests on the metal arch, not the shooter rod rubber. That makes for metal ball contact on every short plunge. A lot of those in WH20. Is this as intended?

#3617 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Just rebuilt my shooter assembly and the ball now rests on the metal arch, not the shooter rod rubber. That makes for metal ball contact on every short plunge. A lot of those in WH20. Is this as intended?

No way...none that I've played

#3618 5 years ago

Huh. It must be the blue shooter rod that cane with it. The outer barrel spring is too long. I’ll order a Stern short one and try that.

#3619 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Maybe elaborate on why? I love when folks just say “no” or “don’t do that” but never actually elaborate. Have some great reasoning?? Awesome please share

Many reasons, I suppose. I just think the black sets off Insanity Falls best, and the feature of the ball rolling down the left stands on its own for that side. On the other side, most of the side is covered by the upper playfield that it doesn’t add as much as another game would. The dark sides puts more focus on the playfield, like being in a canyon going down a river. Extending the appearance of a wider playfield with mirror blades would take away that effect for me. It’s kinda like painting a ceiling black/dark grey in a game room....gives the impression of more depth to the room/playfield. I dunno...spending the $100 on the new big foot hot foot/spotlight mod would be the better spend for me, I guess.

#3620 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah, looking at the pictures, I'm wondering the same thing. That is why something small, cheap, and non-obstructive like the bear may be an option. Just not sure how to secure it in that spot.
I do think if the lost mountain mod were available, I would probably get that, though.

I just got the Skull mountain for Xmas, and I am really enjoying it. Yes, it does block the view of the Insanity Falls arrow some, but it's not like I don't know when it's lit or when it isn't. The way it ties to the DMD animation is really nice.

I do wish that they had made the eyes light up in conjunction with the ball locks, but that's just my preference.

#3621 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You can put all the toys & dolls on your game that you want of course, but jesus how much more does WH20 need? The entire thing is covered in ramps and mountains/boulders.
To each their own, but as stated above don;t see the point in further obscuring the shots.

Pretty sure that bear isn't going to obstruct anything. Why is it such a big deal to you if some of us want to add a thing or two to have fun with a game?

#3622 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I put the skull mountain in mine. Looks great and I think it fits right in.

#3623 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Why is it such a big deal to you if some of us want to add a thing or two to have fun with a game?

Its not a big deal at all. You asked a question aboot the skull mountain or should you put a grizzly bear there, and I gave you my thoughts on it.

#3624 5 years ago
87102DE9-DA86-4B78-8985-F0A81E8D5421 (resized).jpeg87102DE9-DA86-4B78-8985-F0A81E8D5421 (resized).jpeg
#3625 5 years ago

Missed a few 5x jackpots there Blitz?

#3626 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Pretty sure that bear isn't going to obstruct anything. Why is it such a big deal to you if some of us want to add a thing or two to have fun with a game?

its not a big deal, its just a potential ball trap and it looks stupid.

#3627 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Missed a few 5x jackpots there Blitz?

That was the only game I played yesterday. Hit one 5x jackpot on a double jackpot. Had two white water multiballs and hit a few of them. No hot foots. Made it to Willie’s and hit the moving shot. Ran through all the boulders twice. Had Vacation Planner complete except for locking three balls again. Set a new Insanity Falls record.

E4452BF7-DFFD-4D9B-B964-1CD7936DDF8C (resized).jpegE4452BF7-DFFD-4D9B-B964-1CD7936DDF8C (resized).jpeg
#3628 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I confess, I bought the bear (it was $5.00 from Michael's). It's not great, but it DOES hide the ugly grey switch cover and that was my justification for getting it. It is a little bit lame but as far as mods go it's pretty unobtrusive.

#3629 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I confess, I bought the bear (it was $5.00 from Michael's). It's not great, but it DOES hide the ugly grey switch cover and that was my justification for getting it. It is a little bit lame but as far as mods go it's pretty unobtrusive.

Yeah for $5, I don't see a problem with getting one. If I don't like it, its not like I'd have much money into it.

What did you use to secure it to that area?

#3630 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

It is a little bit lame

You said it, not me.

#3631 5 years ago

Pretty disparate for mods when a $6 plastic bear is one of the options.

#3632 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah for $5, I don't see a problem with getting one. If I don't like it, its not like I'd have much money into it.
What did you use to secure it to that area?

I got a small bracket from Michael's that looks like this " ¯|_ "and attached the bottom end of the bracket to the switch screw to the right of the ramp. Then, I put a small screw through the top end of the bracket up into the bottom of the bear's front foot. Then I used double-sided 3M tape to attach the bear's rear foot to the top of the metal switch bracket.

So, yeah, the plus side is he hides the switch. The minus side is that you now have a plastic bear in the middle of your pinball machine.

03_White_Water (resized).jpg03_White_Water (resized).jpg
#3633 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The minus side is that you now have a plastic bear in the middle of your pinball machine.
[quoted image]

Well it also takes your focus away from the lame rafts sooooo....there's that

#3634 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You said it, not me.

Yeah buddy, come back when you're a highly-regarded pinball restorer who commands the utmost respect of pretty much everyone in the pinball communi .... oh, .... oh really? So, you're THAT Bryan Kelly? .... Well ...... neeeeever mind.

#3635 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it also takes your focus away from the lame rafts sooooo....there's that

LOL! I was young and foolish!

#3636 5 years ago

I had a small divot where the ball hits the playfield under the VUK with the occasional ball hangup so I put in the cliffy there. Put a touch of 2K filler in the divot. I put a bit of cardboard under the ramp leading from spine chiller so it was higher than the cliffy. When I tried it the first time I was half way expecting that lovely clinking sound of metal against metal, but what I got was a ball hitting a hard surface and bouncing. So the ball bounces I think around twice or so and then rolls down to the upper pf. This means it needs slightly longer to reach the upper playfield. So I put a coin size piece of mylar right under the VUK thinking it might dampen the impact a bit, but if anything it slowed it down a bit more with no perceivable reduction of the bouncing. The ball even got stuck once on the mylar, I’ll probably peel it off again.

I reckon I’ll get used to the bouncing and the slight delay (it still feels kind of funny, though), but I was wondering if anyone else has had this and if yes I’d like to hear your thoughts and/or actions.

#3637 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

LOL! I was young and foolish!

We've all been there...you should see my TZ

#3638 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I had a small divot where the ball hits the playfield under the VUK with the occasional ball hangup so I put in the cliffy there. Put a touch of 2K filler in the divot. I put a bit of cardboard under the ramp leading from spine chiller so it was higher than the cliffy. When I tried it the first time I was half way expecting that lovely clinking sound of metal against metal, but what I got was a ball hitting a hard surface and bouncing. So the ball bounces I think around twice or so and then rolls down to the upper pf. This means it needs slightly longer to reach the upper playfield. So I put a coin size piece of mylar right under the VUK thinking it might dampen the impact a bit, but if anything it slowed it down a bit more with no perceivable reduction of the bouncing. The ball even got stuck once on the mylar, I’ll probably peel it off again.
I reckon I’ll get used to the bouncing and the slight delay (it still feels kind of funny, though), but I was wondering if anyone else has had this and if yes I’d like to hear your thoughts and/or actions.

I have a few really detailed posts in this thread about that area if you want to search for them. In a nutshell, you shouldn't be getting a lot of bouncing and I wonder if your VUK is positioned correctly. Where I always got hangups (on the two different WH2Os I've owned) was between the ramp and the playfield, right before the spot where the Cliffy goes. When everything is set up right, I've found that you don't need a lot of unorthodox modification in that area (spacers, cardboard, mylar, rubber on the VUK bracket to stop spin). I think it was designed right from the get go but when you start fooling with that area its easy to get off track. Reproduction ramps are thicker than the originals and that causes part of the issue. I had to do some filing and smoothing of the edge of the ramp but otherwise mine has the Cliffy and that's it.

#3639 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Pretty disparate for mods when a $6 plastic bear is one of the options.

I'd rather get the missing mountain mod but the guy that was still making them in Europe sounds like he isn't doing them anymore. Ditto for the guy in Colorado.

Anyone have am extra they want to sell?

#3640 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I have a few really detailed posts in this thread about that area if you want to search for them. In a nutshell, you shouldn't be getting a lot of bouncing and I wonder if your VUK is positioned correctly. Where I always got hangups (on the two different WH2Os I've owned) was between the ramp and the playfield, right before the spot where the Cliffy goes. When everything is set up right, I've found that you don't need a lot of unorthodox modification in that area (spacers, cardboard, mylar, rubber on the VUK bracket to stop spin). I think it was designed right from the get go but when you start fooling with that area its easy to get off track. Reproduction ramps are thicker than the originals and that causes part of the issue. I had to do some filing and smoothing of the edge of the ramp but otherwise mine has the Cliffy and that's it.

Thank you for your comments. I searched this thread for “cliffy” before I posted, but I’ll have another look. The only hangups I was getting were directly on the divot. This is why the cliffy appealed to me. The ramp on my game was slightly higher than the playfield, but it was slightly lower than the top of the cliffy, this is why I raised the ramp. The horizontal gap is maybe 4mm. Not sure how I could put in the VUK differently as there are two screws on the pf and a hole on the popper to align the input end, but I’ll look. Since you are not getting bouncing, clearly something is different.

#3641 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Thank you for your comments. I searched this thread for “cliffy” before I posted, but I’ll have another look. The only hangups I was getting were directly on the divot. This is why the cliffy appealed to me. The ramp on my game was slightly higher than the playfield, but it was slightly lower than the top of the cliffy, this is why I raised the ramp. The horizontal gap is maybe 4mm. Not sure how I could put in the VUK differently as there are two screws on the pf and a hole on the popper to align the input end, but I’ll look. Since you are not getting bouncing, clearly something is different.

You can get the cliffy protectors at www.passionforpinball.com

#3642 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'd rather get the missing mountain mod but the guy that was still making them in Europe sounds like he isn't doing them anymore. Ditto for the guy in Colorado.
Anyone have am extra they want to sell?

I thought somebody new picked up the mod. I may have an extra of the one Aeneas (from Europe) did. My favorite is the Red West but those are loooooong gone.

#3643 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Sounds like you've got the VUK in right. It's worth double checking but it sounds like you've got that right. I eventually solved my problem by doing lots of testing with the mountains off, trying to get a pinball stuck, and then taking measures to correct for that. It's hard to tell what's going on unless you can see. Could it be that the bondo is so hard that you've created a situation where the ball is more prone to bounce?

#3644 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Could it be that the bondo is so hard that you've created a situation where the ball is more prone to bounce?

That thought crossed my mind. It would suggest tha the cliffy would need to deform slightly to reduce bounce. It’s fairly thick, though, seems unlikely it should work like that. And the Cliffy homepage recommends to fill the divot.

#3645 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I thought somebody new picked up the mod. I may have an extra of the one Aeneas (from Europe) did. My favorite is the Red West but those are loooooong gone.

Is the one in the picture of your machine the one from Europe? I may be interested as it looks like a decent match for the game in your picture. What happened to the red west guy? Did he just stop making them?

#3646 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is the one in the picture of your machine the one from Europe? I may be interested as it looks like a decent match for the game in your picture. What happened to the red west guy? Did he just stop making them?

No, actually the one in my picture is the Red West version. It's much bigger and the material is kind of thick. A light inside the cave would not illuminate through like the boulder garden. Aenaes's version is smaller and has a thinner material, closer to the original thickness but not exactly, and more hand-made feeling. His probably would illuminate. When planetary does the next run of repro mountains it should really do a missing mountain and make it the same way as the originals. That would be cool.

#3647 5 years ago

Can anyone explain the difference in the coin doors for me. Some wh2o's have 3 coin slots and others have 1 or 2. What gives? Is there a reason why? It seems like the ones I have seen with 1 slot are reimports or is that wrong?

#3648 5 years ago

Domestic on most pins of this era should be “usually” the two coin slots. Exports were 3 or 1. So most here in the US would prefer to have the two slot. But you can get the 2 slot front (3D printed however unless they’re being reproduced again) and convert a three slot to two on the front side.

#3649 5 years ago

This game is gaining a lot of interest with me. What are the get now mods while they are making them?

#3650 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

What are the get now mods while they are making them?

ColorDMD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/73?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.