• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 157.
#3551 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Another picture. Note pics are from tear down...[quoted image]

Let me measure.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#3552 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Let me measure.[quoted image]

Diameter: 0.35 inch
Height: 0.25 inch

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-6047-1

#3553 5 years ago

Awesome and thank you Davi !

#3554 5 years ago

DMacy.... how about a shop out thread for your game? I love your threads.

#3555 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

DMacy.... how about a shop out thread for your game? I love your threads.

Thanks, maybe as I get some parts flowing in. There's a ton of nice ones (restoration/shop out threads) out there and feel like I just clutter/distract from others much better posts.

#3556 5 years ago

I am a new member of the club and excited to be a Whitewater owner. I am planning on getting it set up.this weekend when I get some time.

I noticed on the pin I bought that the previous owner hadn'y put any LED's in to light up the red boulders both at the back of the game and in the other areas. This is something I would like to do.

Can anyone recommend the best way (where to buy a strip, etc) to do this and what color LED's may work best? Any advice on how to best do this is very appreciated!

#3557 5 years ago

What's the best ROM version to route? I've got LH-6 in there (freeplay only) and am curious what's best for location play? L-6?

#3558 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

What's the best ROM version to route? I've got LH-6 in there (freeplay only) and am curious what's best for location play? L-6?

L-5

#3559 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am a new member of the club and excited to be a Whitewater owner. I am planning on getting it set up.this weekend when I get some time.
I noticed on the pin I bought that the previous owner hadn'y put any LED's in to light up the red boulders both at the back of the game and in the other areas. This is something I would like to do.
Can anyone recommend the best way (where to buy a strip, etc) to do this and what color LED's may work best? Any advice on how to best do this is very appreciated!

There's a mod on eBay for illuminating the rear boulders. I like the yellowish LEDs back there over the red. If you want other lighting you may need to fashion something yourself.

#3560 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

There's a mod on eBay for illuminating the rear boulders. I like the yellowish LEDs back there over the red. If you want other lighting you may need to fashion something yourself.

I just looked it up and it looks interesting. Anyone have any more pics or video of their game with this installed? Does the lighting run above or under the boulders? Do you need to drill into the back panel to run the wiring? And do you tap into the GI or does it just always stay lit?

I agree I am not a fan of the red boulder lighting. But this one could be the one i am looking for.

FYI here is the ebay link:

ebay.com link: WHITEWATER White Water Pinball Mountain light mod

#3561 5 years ago

That eBay one looks ok and if you’re not able to wire up some strips yourself. Curious if anyone here has bought it and what they think of it.

I’m trying some of CT’s pink pop bumper lights for the boulder garden as they have a warm white look when in orange and yellow. May do some more pink in the other mountains as I’m liking what I’ve seen so far.

7736E26C-3705-4A8C-AA95-5B3B5687A554 (resized).jpeg7736E26C-3705-4A8C-AA95-5B3B5687A554 (resized).jpeg9BEF29C9-6989-4CAC-AC9E-48218F1A24D3 (resized).jpeg9BEF29C9-6989-4CAC-AC9E-48218F1A24D3 (resized).jpegA825A68A-6ABE-4461-A2BD-5769BC5B9D82 (resized).jpegA825A68A-6ABE-4461-A2BD-5769BC5B9D82 (resized).jpeg

#3562 5 years ago

Hi,
A friend have a whitewater with these colors, im wondering if this is a pre-prodution
other than that the playfield seams in good conditions but the color diferent

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3563 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

A friend have a whitewater with these colors, im wondering if this is a pre-prodution
other than that the playfield seams in good conditions but the color diferent

Do you have more pictures? I believe the sample playfields have blue "RIVER" lamp inserts, a dark blue gradient under the ramps in the back (behind the secret passage), and the upper playfield lacks art behind the flipper.

It's possible it's just an early playfield, without the gradient or blue RIVER inserts as well. In that case, the other difference (besides the shorts color) would be the lack of artwork behind the upper playfield flipper.

#3564 5 years ago

From what ive seen the inserts are normal, no diferences, if i manage to get more pics i will post them

#3565 5 years ago

What is the correct metal post/spacer part number here?
Mine is a welded repaired crap.

Thanks

20190107_225443 (resized).jpg20190107_225443 (resized).jpg
#3566 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

What is the correct metal post/spacer part number here?
Mine is a welded repaired crap.
Thanks[quoted image]

It’s a 10 32 below and 1.25” hex spacer on top (or at least what I have). I believe it has stud 6 32. Part number 02-4677 as I had one I just ordered as one of the 4 was butchered up. My stud on top of it is in tumbler now. I measured all studs and it’s the only one that length.

79D2507B-02BE-41F9-A805-6A3B994FE2C4 (resized).jpeg79D2507B-02BE-41F9-A805-6A3B994FE2C4 (resized).jpeg9FB60AC1-3E06-4D1F-8D60-D216A5625EFE (resized).jpeg9FB60AC1-3E06-4D1F-8D60-D216A5625EFE (resized).jpegFF77BB3A-2006-4755-8497-3EDEB44EC53E (resized).jpegFF77BB3A-2006-4755-8497-3EDEB44EC53E (resized).jpeg
#3567 5 years ago

Correction it should be part number 02-4250-21 and 1 5/16” long. Apparently I didn’t measure well. We need to get with the metric system!

3FA7B44A-7CEE-4254-B87A-E35906C4A583 (resized).jpeg3FA7B44A-7CEE-4254-B87A-E35906C4A583 (resized).jpeg
#3568 5 years ago

I can hit the 3-shot combo bonus once in a while. Has anyone hit a 4- or 5-shot combo?

#3569 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Correction it should be part number 02-4250-21 and 1 5/16” long. Apparently I didn’t measure well. We need to get with the metric system!
[quoted image]

Thank you!

#3570 5 years ago

The Spirit of the River!!!!!

03B9AA41-8C61-4596-872C-63D41E368544 (resized).jpeg03B9AA41-8C61-4596-872C-63D41E368544 (resized).jpeg
#3571 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I can hit the 3-shot combo bonus once in a while. Has anyone hit a 4- or 5-shot combo?

On a good day, it’s possible.. Spine chiller, insanity, lock, insanity and disaster drop? Don’t forget to hang on!

#3572 5 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

On a good day, it’s possible.. Spine chiller, insanity, lock, insanity and disaster drop? Don’t forget to hang on!

Wow I've never hit that combo fully but sounds like a lot of points. 3 shot combo is bout the best I have managed to pull off but guess I have a new challenge to shoot for!

#3573 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I just looked it up and it looks interesting. Anyone have any more pics or video of their game with this installed? Does the lighting run above or under the boulders? Do you need to drill into the back panel to run the wiring? And do you tap into the GI or does it just always stay lit?
I agree I am not a fan of the red boulder lighting. But this one could be the one i am looking for.
FYI here is the ebay link:
ebay.com link » Whitewater White Water Pinball Mountain Light Mod

That's the one.

Here's what it looks like installed (this is from my post on page 2, post 96.)

This particular mod hooks up directly to the PCB so it turns on with the game switch, not through the other GI. Therefore, it doesn't interact with the other lighting in the game, it's always on. I actually kind of like that in this specific case though.

The strip attaches to the underside of the cabinet overhang (right below where the glass slides in). No drilling or anything.

It would probably be pretty easy to fashion something yourself that's similar, or something that ties into the GI. Keep in mind that these are LEDs and you're not going to get them fading correctly without GIOCD. I've kept all of my GI incandescent due to the extensive fading and light shows in the game and having this LED strip powered outside of the GI prevents issues with LED incompatibility. I've got some incandescent spots whatnot that I've added and I always tie those into the GI so that they fade and flash with the rest of the game.

#3574 5 years ago

Just got my totally decked out White Water. We powder coated it, added several mods, color screen, new sound, she's pretty awesome. I'm ready to go rafting.

IMG_1924 (resized).jpgIMG_1924 (resized).jpgIMG_1925 (resized).jpgIMG_1925 (resized).jpgIMG_1926 (resized).jpgIMG_1926 (resized).jpg
#3575 5 years ago

Curios: why there are 2 down votes on drfrightner game?

#3576 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Rafting in the blue lagoon

#3577 5 years ago

ugly as f@ck

#3578 5 years ago

Just because it has the word water in the name, doesn't mean you need to make everything blue....especially the translite.

That's all I'm going to say.

#3579 5 years ago

Well folks I'm pretty pumped the final MAJOR part for my restore is on the way, a brand new cabinet! It looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks to Paul at Virtuapin! And just wait until you see all the chrome that is going on this thing

IMG_0172 (resized).JPGIMG_0172 (resized).JPG
#3580 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Well folks I'm pretty pumped the final MAJOR part for my restore is on the way... And just wait until you see all the chrome that is going on this thing [quoted image]

not a restore then. restomod- sure, restore no.

#3581 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

not a restore then. restomod- sure, restore no.

Hmm.. interesting semantics you offer... but your comment appears to have a negative connotation to it? Sorry if i'm taking it wrong.

But I'm still calling this a restoration. Just because I had a cabinet made does not change the fact that its a "restoration." Per your statement would then indicate any person doing a "restore" that used a new playfield, or any "new" parts for that fact would not be doing a restoration?... and I disagree with that.

The word restoration means restoring something to a previous or IMPROVED state. If you don't agree maybe email Webster

#3582 5 years ago

Hmm.. interesting semantics you offer... but your comment appears to have a negative connotation to it? Sorry if i'm taking it wrong.
But I'm still calling this a restoration. Just because I had a cabinet made does not change the fact that its a "restoration." Per your statement would then indicate any person doing a "restore" that used a new playfield, or any "new" parts for that fact would not be doing a restoration?... and I disagree with that.
The word restoration means restoring something to a previous or IMPROVED state. If you don't agree maybe email Webster

A restoration is returning something to its original state. That can be done using reproduction parts, no question. Using chrome parts is not original, therefore you are not doing a restore, you are doing a restomod. Semi restore, semi modification. It's a common term. Sure you could restore it to a chrome condition of someone else already chromed it. But you are not doing that. you're referencing original as the source.

res·to·ra·tion
/ˌrestəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: restoration

the action of returning something to a former owner, place, or condition.

#3583 5 years ago

oh if you are going to reference Webster, try to check it first:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/restoration
: an act of restoring or the condition of being restored: such as

a : a bringing back to a former position or condition

: something that is restored especially : a representation or reconstruction of the original form (as of a fossil or a building)

oh heres restore also:

restore verb
re·​store | \ri-ˈstȯr
\
restored; restoring
Definition of restore

transitive verb

1 : give back, return

2 : to put or bring back into existence or use

3 : to bring back to or put back into a former or original state : renew

4 : to put again in possession of something

Nothing about "improved" which is a highly subjective measure anyway.

#3584 5 years ago

Lighten up Francis....I mean Marvin. Only on pinside, I swear.

#3585 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Lighten up Francis....I mean Marvin.

Usually I'd agree with you, but Soulrider called him out on Websters so he welcomed it.

Quoted from Djshakes:

Only on pinside, I swear.

Only if Pinside is the only thing you've ever internetted.

#3586 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Usually I'd agree with you, but Soulrider called him out on Websters so he welcomed it.

Only if Pinside is the only thing you've ever internetted.

Didn't even cherry pick the parts I quoted. The game will be fine with chrome. It's just annoying when people modify things and say they restored it. Some of the modifications might be better than stock, but that's not the point.

#3587 5 years ago

restoration noun
res·to·ra·tion | \ˌre-stə-ˈrā-shən \
Definition of restoration
1 : an act of restoring or the condition of being restored: such as
a : a bringing back to a former position or condition : REINSTATEMENT
the restoration of peace
b : RESTITUTION
c : a restoring to an unimpaired or improved condition
the restoration of a painting
d : the replacing of missing teeth or crowns
2 : something that is restored
especially : a representation or reconstruction of the original form (as of a fossil or a building)

See 1c.. anyway, be the negative/pessimistic critical person all you want, and it's your god give right. Just know i kinda chuckle every time I see someone post a blatant negative comment -like Marvin - when they had the opportunity to say something supportive or maybe even positive... takes more muscles to frown than smile, just saying.

FYI... NEVER did I claim I RESTORED the chrome or the cabinet, maybe you should read through some of HEP's "RESTORATION" threads that use new cabinets Marvin.

#3588 5 years ago

restoration noun
the restoration of peace
especially : a representation or reconstruction of the original form (as of a fossil or a building)
See 1c.. anyway, be the negative/pessimistic critical person all you want, and it's your god give right. Just know i kinda chuckle every time I see someone post a blatant negative comment -like marvin - when they had the opportunity to say something supportive or maybe even positive... takes more muscles to frown than smile, just saying.
FYI... NEVER did I claim I RESTORED the chrome or the cabinet, maybe you should read through some of HEP's "RESTORATION" threads that use new cabinets Marvin.

Don't worry, at least you are doing something useful for this community (like your hints and ideas in your threads).
And we have to inform HEP asap, that his company is not anymore "full service pinball restoration company".

#3589 5 years ago

Beautifully restored Wh20 Soulrider. Look forward to it being done.

#3590 5 years ago

restoration noun
the restoration of peace
See 1c.. anyway, be the negative/pessimistic critical person all you want, and it's your god give right. Just know i kinda chuckle every time I see someone post a blatant negative comment -like marvin - when they had the opportunity to say something supportive or maybe even positive... takes more muscles to frown than smile, just saying.

your initial post specifically stated it was a restore "the final MAJOR part for my restore" repro or restored original cab is irrelevent, it appears as a stock cabinet. "just wait until you see all the chrome that is going on this thing." This is not a restoration as chrome wasn't original. As I've said repro parts are fine in a restore, so your cabinet argument is a red herring at best. Chrome isn't original. its a mod. I know comprehension is hard.

who's frowning, I'm having a great day, feet up, rum in hand.

#3591 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Don't worry, at least you are doing something useful for this community (like your hints and ideas in your threads).
And we have to inform HEP asap, that his company is not anymore "full service pinball restoration company".

he doesn't do the plating, that's outsourced.

#3592 5 years ago

Well... you clearly are contributing some groundbreaking information here, so thank you sir, for your wisdom. I love pinside

#3593 5 years ago

restoration noun
the restoration of peace

See 1c.. anyway, be the negative/pessimistic critical person all you want, and it's your god give right..

you do know that 1c is in reference to attempting to improve the condition back toward original but not fully original state due to circumstances. i.e. removing the dirt on an old painting but not replacing missing paint. Its in an improved, from it's the pre-restoration, state, but still lacking from its original state. It does not mean cleaning it then deciding to change the dress from blue to green.

#3594 5 years ago
D4790F00-BC61-44CC-B002-90E35D2BA187 (resized).jpegD4790F00-BC61-44CC-B002-90E35D2BA187 (resized).jpeg
#3595 5 years ago

You guys went full Webster's on a pin!

#3596 5 years ago

Oh my god you guys are children. Stop arguing about the condition of a grown mans toy

#3597 5 years ago

Your both right I’m disappointed I stopped to that level, but the dude irritates me not gonna lie haha

#3598 5 years ago

Your both right I’m disappointed I stopped to that level, but the dude irritates me not gonna lie haha

You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to pass that monstrosity of a WH20 off as a restoration! I'm so disappointed in you!

#3599 5 years ago

You are soooo sensitive

#3600 5 years ago

Oh my goodness.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/72?hl=moto_bone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.