• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 157.
#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As far as the re-orchestration I haven't heard much because of copyright issues they cant have them on the site. For me I just don't like the idea of remaking the audio/clips because they aren't original, and the clips I did hear didn't impress me.

O ok... wonder why there's a issue with wh20 and not all the other pins that offer pinsound packages...

#3452 5 years ago

Yeah maybe someone else will chime in because it's always been very confusing to me too.

#3453 5 years ago

I enjoy wh20 sounds and music so not a huge deal... have pinsound on the way for bsd tho which sld be fun

#3454 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah maybe someone else will chime in because it's always been very confusing to me too.

I don't know what artist or songs would fit the theme? ZZ Top fits Getaway perfect but there had to be something for WH2O

#3455 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I don't know what artist or songs would fit the theme? ZZ Top fits Getaway perfect but there had to be something for WH2O

Maybe you capture some sound from "Deliverance". Nothing like a little dueling bsnjos when you make it to wet willies!

#3456 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Alan Jacksons Chattahoochhe and CCR Green River

#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Alan Jacksons Chattahoochhe and CCR Green River

It's funny that you say Chattahochie because it's exactly what I was thinking.

#3458 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Maybe you capture some sound from "Deliverance". Nothing like a little dueling bsnjos when you make it to wet willies!

Hahaha, that would be PERFECT!!!!

#3459 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

What does the ocd boards do?

I did both to mine and it looks amazing!

#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I thought sound designer and pinside member endprodukt did a mix for white water?
Anybody know if that happened?

#3461 5 years ago

According to the thread, it’s still in the works. Who knows if it’ll ever come to fruition though.

The links to his samples sounded pretty incredible though. I do hope it’s released.

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I don;t mean changing to music, they do all new music and call outs.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I thought sound designer and pinside member endprodukt did a mix for white water?
Anybody know if that happened?

"Still working on it" for years so I wouldn't hold my breath. Personal pref but the original was better for me.

#3463 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

According to the thread, it’s still in the works. Who knows if it’ll ever come to fruition though.
The links to his samples sounded pretty incredible though. I do hope it’s released.

Been doing a bunch of pinside searches and really only came up with the Indiana Jones thread that you know who shut down....

#3464 5 years ago

Been doing a bunch of pinside searches and really only came up with the Indiana Jones thread that you know who shut down....

You can view t2, IJ, JP here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEcXUtoLe3Kbq7KjEkEJf7A

#3465 5 years ago

Here’s the link. You can read the saga unfold. He who shall not be named also makes an appearance, citing some B.S. copyright claims.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis

#3466 5 years ago

So annoying.... is there a underground pinsound club where we can get rom files without threat of copyright crap..... if so message me please

#3467 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So annoying.... is there a underground pinsound club where we can get rom files without threat of copyright crap..... if so message me please

Someone could start an email/password website and just dont allow anyone from Nevada to join. Use paypal $1 donation to verify names. That way valdimort cant join.

#3468 5 years ago

“Pick a bale of cotton” from the movie The Jerk would also fit in.

#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Here’s the link. You can read the saga unfold. He who shall not be named also makes an appearance, citing some B.S. copyright claims.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis

I thought they got that worked out. My understanding was it was held up due to the crazy amount of work.

#3470 5 years ago

My understanding is that the issues were finally worked out between Ollie and PPS. Endprodukt's last post on the other thread was that his machine was back together and he was motivated to work on his reorchastration. The sound clips I heard were absolutely amazing! WH20 is my favorite game as it is but, his reorchastration will be the icing on the cake!! Below is the link to his youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=PHN6xclwbIw

#3471 5 years ago

Some user (I can´t remember) told me something about black little letters in my scanned and restoration file of "White Water Pinball Translite", these letters were removed for to improve esthetic effect in reproduction showed

Digital file here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/67#post-4635169

Printed repro: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/67#post-4649206

Well, I have the opportunity to order a new repro and here is result (with back little letters):

"White Water Pinball Translite" (WILLIAMS) printed in high quality gloss backlite (photo 1)
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/White%20Water%20Pinball%20Translite%20print1a.jpg
White Water Pinball Translite print1a.JPGWhite Water Pinball Translite print1a.JPG
"White Water Pinball Translite" (WILLIAMS) printed in high quality gloss backlite (photo 2)
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/White%20Water%20Pinball%20Translite%20print2a.jpg
White Water Pinball Translite print2a.JPGWhite Water Pinball Translite print2a.JPG
"White Water Pinball Translite" (WILLIAMS) printed in high quality gloss backlite (photo 3)
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/White%20Water%20Pinball%20Translite%20print3a.jpg
White Water Pinball Translite print3a.JPGWhite Water Pinball Translite print3a.JPG
"White Water Pinball Translite" (WILLIAMS) printed in high quality gloss backlite (photo 4)
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/White%20Water%20Pinball%20Translite%20print4a.jpg
White Water Pinball Translite print4a.JPGWhite Water Pinball Translite print4a.JPG
"White Water Pinball Translite" (WILLIAMS) printed in high quality gloss backlite (photo 5)
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/White%20Water%20Pinball%20Translite%20print5a.jpg
White Water Pinball Translite print5a.JPGWhite Water Pinball Translite print5a.JPG
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

I hope you like!

Regards

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

My understanding is that the issues were finally worked out between Ollie and PPS. Endprodukt's last post on the other thread was that his machine was back together and he was motivated to work on his reorchastration. The sound clips I heard were absolutely amazing! WH20 is my favorite game as it is but, his reorchastration will be the icing on the cake!! Below is the link to his youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=PHN6xclwbIw

Agreed his work is amazing. The stock soundtrack really intricate how it builds on itself as you advance through the rafts so, while putting something like "Dueling Banjos" in as a replacement seems like it could work, I doubt it would have the same impact as the original soundtrack. Endprodukt's recreation keeps the original composition and just ups the sound quality tremendously.

#3473 5 years ago

Playing last night....started Whirlpool Multi-ball...one ball drains down the middle with enough force that it rolls up the left side and settles in the bounce back, which wasn’t lit. So I take advantage and get a couple of easy jackpots...then the second ball slowly and softly rolls into the boulders ... and it gets ‘stuck’! Eventually, the game goes into ball search and bounce back shoots ball back into playfield. Whirlpool multiball continues!!!!! Love it!!!!!

A2D10753-9710-4BD4-AAD8-40252FD63FC1 (resized).jpegA2D10753-9710-4BD4-AAD8-40252FD63FC1 (resized).jpeg94187C8F-BE09-47B0-83F0-CCCD278423DC (resized).jpeg94187C8F-BE09-47B0-83F0-CCCD278423DC (resized).jpeg
#3474 5 years ago

OK club members, last night I drifted on the forums and read a ton of threads on LCD vs LED for ColorDMD and I'm not sure which one to get. There seems to be good arguments coming from both sides. I will say this, I watched this video tonight, and whatever is installed in this machine, is what I want. Does anyone know if this is the LED or LCD model?

#3476 5 years ago

OK then it looks like im 100% sold on LCD. I just picked up my game and started reading this thread from the beginning. I saw lots of ColorDMD photos, but the artwork still looked pixelated, just colorized. Then I saw this video I posted, and I like the solid colors on this display better. It's more crisp.

#3477 5 years ago

THe thing aboot LCD is you hjave more options, which is why it's more expensive (er...maybe it just works out that way). You can just do colored dots, or "fatten" the dots up to make them look like this. EDIT(DotsXL I'm guessing)

LED looks like a really shiny lite-brite™ I guies it has brightness settings, which would be nice.

#3478 5 years ago

LCD all day IMO its a better display. LED, even on a really dim setting is blinding, and colors tend to bleed... Unless you have the eyes of a 15 year old the leds create small halos and it can be harsh. Nothing can beat the smooth crispness of LCD. But this is just my opinion, and I have owned both .

#3479 5 years ago

Lcd , has 4 different versions of dots.
Choices are nice.

#3480 5 years ago

I would only go led if you couldn't fit the LCD

#3481 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I would only go led if you couldn't fit the LCD

Its White Water, LCD fits.

#3482 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

OK club members, last night I drifted on the forums and read a ton of threads on LCD vs LED for ColorDMD and I'm not sure which one to get. There seems to be good arguments coming from both sides. I will say this, I watched this video tonight, and whatever is installed in this machine, is what I want. Does anyone know if this is the LED or LCD model?

That’s a ColorDMD LCD running in “HiRes” mode (which is a mode you can choose via its setup menu).

#3483 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

That’s a ColorDMD LCD running in “HiRes” mode (which is a mode you can choose via its setup menu).

That's right. Instead of keeping the dots it connects the dots (la la la) into solid blocks and makes the animations look much more cartoonish. I did lots of back and forth testing when I got my LCD a few years back and settled on the HiRes for this game. I was very hesitant because it completely changes the look of the traditional dots but I honestly felt like HiRes looked the best in this case.

#3484 5 years ago

Figure I’ll just ask here... Where can you get a new whitewater translight these days? Thanks!

#3485 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Figure I’ll just ask here... Where can you get a new whitewater translight these days? Thanks!

I got one at Marco, but I regret not getting the 3D one at Planetary Pinball

#3486 5 years ago

Just made this for Yesh23 for his white water. I've got extras if anyone needs them. Pm me.

IMG_20181130_160158 (resized).jpgIMG_20181130_160158 (resized).jpg
#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

Just made this for yesh23 for his white water. I've got extras if anyone needs them. Pm me.
[quoted image]

Works like a champ and no more issues. Thank you!!!!

#3488 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Works like a champ and no more issues. Thank you!!!!

Could you post a pic of it installed? Did you have to remove the stock piece of plexi at the curve of this ramp (the one that's held with three screws down hill from the switch)?
Thanks!

#3489 5 years ago

PolePosition you just have to remove the boulders, and can usually squeeze your fingers in there to attach it (if your using machine acres with nuts) if using the wood screw style way easier

0DDBB805-C750-44BF-B07E-62DA092DC627 (resized).jpeg0DDBB805-C750-44BF-B07E-62DA092DC627 (resized).jpeg
#3490 5 years ago

Manking progress on pain matching the missing mountain almost there. Also lighting underneath

AD38A90A-A283-43FB-8467-9F22A661EF8D (resized).jpegAD38A90A-A283-43FB-8467-9F22A661EF8D (resized).jpegC731E609-99E5-4A92-BE62-88819B0D6809 (resized).jpegC731E609-99E5-4A92-BE62-88819B0D6809 (resized).jpeg
#3491 5 years ago

Oh boy... Here comes the puking

#3492 5 years ago

The pictures above show yellow rubber posts (to the left of the Spine Chiller, and on both sides of the Extra Ball target). My machine has black rubbers there.

Does anyone know what the "correct/original" rubbers should be?
What color were the original flipper rubbers also (I have seen red, yellow, black and even blue) ?

Nice job on the mountain colors BTW.

I've always thought that Bigfoot would look better if his fur was closer to the color of the mountains, making him more "camouflaged" until he turns around.

#3493 5 years ago

Post rubbers I believe were always yellow <---black in promo video/flyer
red flipper rubbers <--- black in promo video/flyer

EDIT: Haha

#3494 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Manking progress on pain matching the missing mountain almost there. Also lighting underneath [quoted image][quoted image]

How did you mount the missing mountain mod, the Velcro hat came with?

#3495 5 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Could you post a pic of it installed? Did you have to remove the stock piece of plexi at the curve of this ramp (the one that's held with three screws down hill from the switch)?
Thanks!

I removed it ton stall it but added it back. You'll also have to remove the gate but I'm not technical at all and it took me 5 minutes to install and playing again.

#3496 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh boy... Here comes the puking

LOL are you specially referring to the "rainbow puke club" by chance... If so, Ya well this machine ain't going in that category, hell'd freeze over before I let that happen

#3497 5 years ago

Yesh23 thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

#3498 5 years ago

If so, Ya well this machine ain't going in that category, hell'd freeze over before I let that happen

Well I'm seeing a big blue leds... That's the start man!

#3499 5 years ago

TheLaw your opinion, and by definition there will be no rainbows. And umm it's a water theme?? I can count the blue bulbs in this game on 2 fingers.

One can choose to be pessimistic or optimistic...

#3500 5 years ago

thelaw your opinion, and by definition there will be no rainbows. And umm it's a water theme?? I can count the blue bulbs in this game on 2 fingers.
One can choose to be pessimistic or optimistic...

looks like 2 under the mountain and at least 2 in the background. Unless every surface those lights hit is blue, its gonna change the look of the art.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.