• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 157.
#301 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

LED flicker on this game is really bad.

The solution is to turn of GI dimming. The downside is that you will lose some cool dimming effects. Once Herg comes out with his GI controller board, it will no longer be a problem.

#302 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

had a problem with the bulb right in front of bigfoot getting broken all the time?

I've had the same problems with the incandescent in the location you're talking about. I replaced it with an LED, as you have.

#303 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Hey, random question-has anyone else had a problem with the bulb right in front of bigfoot

Discussed on page 4

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Hey, random question-has anyone else had a problem with the bulb right in front of bigfoot getting broken all the time? I had it get smashed by the ball three or four times before I finally replaced it with a lower profile LED that I had around to keep it from breaking. Seems like the single rubber there isn't enough to protect it? Anyway, other possibility is to double up the rubber on those posts to protect it, but just wondering of anyone else had a better solution. LED flicker on this game is really bad.

I've heard other people mention this and I suspect that this is a flipper problem that causes that bulb to get hit (especially if you're breaking it from a direct shot off of the flipper.) I've had two White Waters, I've put tons of games on them, and I've never broken that light. The ball's trajectory just doesn't get you to that spot. The most I could see is it breaking on a ricochet, but I've never personally had that occur. You might check to make sure you're flipper is alligned correctly. You might also check to make sure you've got the right coil in your flipper. It should have a red label (and I don't think that's listed in the manual.) I can get the specifics if you need it.

Putting a low profile LED there is an easy fix.

#305 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

flipper is alligned correctly.

That actually may have been my issue. I think my flipper was set a little too far forward. I've since adjusted it back a bit after a rebuild. It definitely plays very different, closer to other wh20's I've played.

#306 10 years ago

I know I have the right coil in there, since I replaced them all when I first got the game (had all the wrong ones in there). I'll check the alignment though-there's a possibility that's off.

#307 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

I know I have the right coil in there, since I replaced them all when I first got the game (had all the wrong ones in there). I'll check the alignment though-there's a possibility that's off.

I think the manual infers that you put a blue (FL-11629) flipper coil in the upper playfield. That's the wrong coil. The correct coil is red. There are some other differences as to how that flipper is set up too.

#308 10 years ago

Ok, sold My TZ this weekend to another pinsider... Need to reinvest some of that back into my WH20. Who makes the best replacement boulders? Or they all about the same? Any thoughts?

#309 10 years ago

Howdy all, I've had my WH2O for over a year and it's one of my faves Got the missing mountain mod, rafts on the ramps, mountain light mod...really like the color DMD, hoping to snag that and a twisted pin new embossed topper.

However, mine never came with the waterfall light shield. Can ANYONE help me get this allusive piece? Been watching eBay, Bay Area amusements, Marco, and several other pin sites...nothing. Even if I had a crappy one, one of a couple machinist friends could make me a nice one, lol. Please help

#310 10 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Howdy all, I've had my WH2O for over a year and it's one of my faves Got the missing mountain mod, rafts on the ramps, mountain light mod...really like the color DMD, hoping to snag that and a twisted pin new embossed topper.
However, mine never came with the waterfall light shield. Can ANYONE help me get this allusive piece? Been watching eBay, Bay Area amusements, Marco, and several other pin sites...nothing. Even if I had a crappy one, one of a couple machinist friends could make me a nice one, lol. Please help

To be honest, you could probably just put a couple strips of Aluminum tape on the top of the clear bubble and get the same effect. It basically reflects and disperses the light.

#311 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

To be honest, you could probably just put a couple strips of Aluminum tape on the top of the clear bubble and get the same effect. It basically reflects and disperses the light.

Nope, that would not work. The embossed part of the aluminum (the part the twisted pins guys seem to almost have fixed) is really what makes the effect. If it was straight aluminum tape repro toppers would have been made years ago.

#312 10 years ago

Check this:

ebay.com link: WHITEWATER Pinball Machine TOPPER CHROME Decal LICENSED

Edit: Maybe I'm unclear on what you're referring to, the reflective strip, or the actual topper decal?

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Nope, that would not work. The embossed part of the aluminum (the part the twisted pins guys seem to almost have fixed) is really what makes the effect. If it was straight aluminum tape repro toppers would have been made years ago.

The Aluminum tape would go on the bottom of the "tub" that surrounds it, not on it.

#314 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Check this:
Ebay link
Edit: Maybe I'm unclear on what you're referring to, the reflective strip, or the actual topper decal?

I have seen this lising for some time...what part is this for?

I have a topper but have not put it all back together. Is this piece needed?

#315 10 years ago

I believe it goes on top of the head, behind the lights. It reflects the light onto the topper from what I understand. Of course, I'm not completely clear on this, because I don't yet have a functional topper.

#316 10 years ago

Cool thread! Whitewater is by far the coolest game I have had and have no plans to sell. I found a cool kayak dude and made my own mod. The plastic shield was just begging for this to happen.

DSC06280.JPGDSC06280.JPG IMG_0097.JPGIMG_0097.JPG DSC06287.JPGDSC06287.JPG
#319 10 years ago

Cool thread! Whitewater is by far the coolest game I have had and have no plans to sell. I found a cool kayak dude and made my own mod. The plastic shield was just begging for this to happen.

// Error: Image 153377 not found // // Error: Image 153378 not found //
#321 10 years ago

I also made my own topper water effect! Instead of the foil sticker.

DSC06244.JPGDSC06244.JPG
#322 10 years ago

I painted the bezel a dark blue and placed the cheap Whitewater sticker on. I then carefully painted the water area with a detail brush "painting" sparkle glue that I bought at Michaels craft shop. It worked awesome and gives it an even nicer look in my opinion.

#323 10 years ago

Well that's interesting.. do you have video of the topper in action? What about a link to the paint you used and maybe some tips on your technique?

#324 10 years ago

Well that's interesting.. do you have video of the topper in action? What about a link to the paint you used and maybe some tips on your technique?

I second all this

#325 10 years ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I painted the bezel a dark blue and placed the cheap Whitewater sticker on. I then carefully painted the water area with a detail brush "painting" sparkle glue that I bought at Michaels craft shop. It worked awesome and gives it an even nicer look in my opinion.

Does it look like the water is falling?

#326 10 years ago

Bump! Gogotha, you've got me extremely curious. It looks great from the pictures, this may be a great alternative to the original or failed repro topper!

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund from Twisted Pins? I was an early order, and have been sitting on the thing for months without even opening it.. I've emailed, but haven't received a response.

#327 10 years ago

Have you called him? His number is on his site. I spoke with him a month or so ago...real nice guy.

1 week later
#328 10 years ago

I love animals.

By the way, what spare parts should I keep on hand?
I have
・Rubber set ×2
・Steel ball ×3
・micro switch×2

aaw.jpgaaw.jpg
#329 10 years ago

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund from Twisted Pins?

I asked for a refund a few months back and received it .

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I've heard other people mention this and I suspect that this is a flipper problem that causes that bulb to get hit (especially if you're breaking it from a direct shot off of the flipper.) I've had two White Waters, I've put tons of games on them, and I've never broken that light.

In my experience, the issue with the bulb getting smashed in that location has to do with there only being one rubber ring installed, instead of the two 2" rings that are supposed to be there.

One ring just doesn't provide enough resistance to keep the ball from hitting the bulb.

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

In my experience, the issue with the bulb getting smashed in that location has to do with there only being one rubber ring installed, instead of the two 2" rings that are supposed to be there.
One ring just doesn't provide enough resistance to keep the ball from hitting the bulb.

I am lucky on this, but I have yet to break that bulb.

(which means when I play tonight it is gonna get smashed)

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Where did you get the kayak dude?

#333 10 years ago

How many people here have a diamondplated playfield and center post on their game?

#334 10 years ago

everyone has diamond plate. centerpost is not normal unless it was European re-import.

#335 10 years ago

Why is it that if everyone has diamond plate, there are so many games out there with wear on the playfield?

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Why is it that if everyone has diamond plate, there are so many games out there with wear on the playfield?

Most of the wear spots are either from kickouts/ball drops or because of planking. For some reason they were really prone to planking. You also see a decent amount of wear on these from uneven insterts. In certain areas the diamond plate is not enough protection.

#337 10 years ago

Here is my attempt to make some comparisons:

Insanity falls:
image-137.jpgimage-137.jpg
Boulder Garden:
image.jpgimage.jpg
Disaster Drop:
image-357.jpgimage-357.jpg
Whirlpool:
image-163.jpgimage-163.jpg
No Way Out:
image-881.jpgimage-881.jpg
Boomerang Bend:
image-412.jpgimage-412.jpg
Secret Passage:
image-402.jpgimage-402.jpg
Wet Willy's River Ranch:
image-71.jpgimage-71.jpg
Man Overboard:
image-164.jpgimage-164.jpg
Lost Mine:
image-837.jpgimage-837.jpg
Mystery Canyon:
image-816.jpgimage-816.jpg
Bigfoot:
image-290.jpgimage-290.jpg

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Diamond plated or not, eventually it is gonna wear. Metal vs Wood....metal wins.

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Well who thinks Williams anticipated these games being so popular 20 years later?

#340 10 years ago

I'm a bit confused because my game has had a LOT of play, but the playfield looks brand new. I've had to replace ramps and mountains and the upper playfield has seen better days. Perhaps the quality of the diamond plating varied and some games were better than others.

#341 10 years ago

I personally think White Water is a game that generally wears less than other games. Which is amazing considering how fast and crazy the ball moves. Ours still looks great although the clear is starting to wear thin and you can feel the inserts a bit.

#342 10 years ago

failed repro topper!

What failed repro topper...? I heard about a repro being made, but didn't hear about any failure... So how did it fail??

Love this game to bits, so addictive! The 5x playfield MAKES this game... very addictive strategy when you play to line this up with starting multiball!!

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

What failed repro topper...? I heard about a repro being made, but didn't hear about any failure... So how did it fail??

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-whitewater-foil-topper-decal-reproduction/page/3#post-899810

#344 10 years ago

Mmm, seems like all hope is not quite lost just yet, but the continuously failed attempts to get it right are discouraging to say the least, despite the guys resolve to get it right... Luckily for me I have a decent original topper on mine... sorry for you guys who are waiting for a decent repro!!

There's an operator near me who converted 10 WH2Os for some promo event, the toppers were taken off them all because it didn't fit with the re-theme... I bought some games off him recently and saw the stash of removed toppers in his store, but the guy is incredibly difficult to deal with... basically he's got too much money to deal with the likes of me and his stashed pins and parts just sit there... I've offered him a decent price for his entire stock, but he simply can't be bothered to deal with me, or anyone... I live in hope of getting hold of this lot one day... God knows what happened to the 10 re-themed pins!!??

#345 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Mmm, seems like all hope is not quite lost just yet, but the continuously failed attempts to get it right are discouraging to say the least, despite the guys resolve to get it right... Luckily for me I have a decent original topper on mine... sorry for you guys who are waiting for a decent repro!!
There's an operator near me who converted 10 WH2Os for some promo event, the toppers were taken off them all because it didn't fit with the re-theme... I bought some games off him recently and saw the stash of removed toppers in his store, but the guy is incredibly difficult to deal with... basically he's got too much money to deal with the likes of me and his stashed pins and parts just sit there... I've offered him a decent price for his entire stock, but he simply can't be bothered to deal with me, or anyone... I live in hope of getting hold of this lot one day... God knows what happened to the 10 re-themed pins!!??

HAHA. Karma will get him...

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

HAHA. Karma will get him...

gets us all!

#347 10 years ago

The right flipper stopped working suddenly.
Upper right flipper, left flipper, other solenoids , flasher , motor, etc is working well.
Should I change only this solenoid?

sssse.jpgsssse.jpg
#348 10 years ago

As a repair newbie myself.....I would guess that a wire came loose along the line. I don't believe a coil will just stop working like that. I would check wiring/fuses first.

#349 10 years ago

Is there a wire missing on that bottom lug?

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Because the game is badass, and pretty much every example has had the ever-loving shite played out of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

17,250 (OBO)
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.