Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 157.
#3401 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Hmmmm???
[quoted image]
Also searched this thread only and not found a definitive answer....maybe 3-4 mentions

Here's a thread I started a few years back.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-wh2o-boulder-garden-layout

I don't think you'll ever find a definitive answer. I left all my posts in on the insane theory that the ball could somehow get stuck in the divot (which makes no sense). But anyway, I've always used method two from the above thread, leaving the posts in, and it works well for me.

#3402 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Whoah, really nice looking example there!

MrWizzo has had this game in his basement for almost 20 years. I can't thank him enough for the deal he gave me.

#3403 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Thanks to mrwizzo, I’m in this club for the first time. Bought the machine for my fiancé, she absolutely loves this game![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats man looks nice and no cab fade to boot, just scored one myself a couple weeks ago after wanting one for a long time and it has not disappointed!

#3404 5 years ago

I posted this in the wrong forum:
Anyone have any recommendations for me? 35% of the time I go up Big Foot Bluffs my ball comes back down. It's hitting the top of the switch (I have circled in white). I didn't know what the easiest fix for this would be? Below is the response I received with the picture, anybody know where I could get this mod, or does anyone else have recommendations?

RESPONSE:

Years ago there was a guy that made a ramp cover that fixes that problem by keeping the ball down in the ramp. It looked like this. It also helped correct broken out mount points for the switch.

1 (resized).png1 (resized).pngIMG_3803_LI (resized).jpgIMG_3803_LI (resized).jpgIMG_3804_LI (resized).jpgIMG_3804_LI (resized).jpg
#3405 5 years ago

Yesh23 hey dude looks like your missing a plastic that is supposed to go there that prevents the ball hitting the switch as you mentioned.

Interestingly I just got a new set of plastics, and this piece was not included so I had to use my old one.

Maybe I can pull mine off and scan it, may be able to get it made?

Here u can see

DF13FFBC-2DC1-49A3-8E88-CF1E1FAD9BD2 (resized).jpegDF13FFBC-2DC1-49A3-8E88-CF1E1FAD9BD2 (resized).jpeg

#3406 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I posted this in the wrong forum:
Anyone have any recommendations for me? 35% of the time I go up Big Foot Bluffs my ball comes back down. It's hitting the top of the switch (I have circled in white). I didn't know what the easiest fix for this would be? Below is the response I received with the picture, anybody know where I could get this mod, or does anyone else have recommendations?
RESPONSE:
Years ago there was a guy that made a ramp cover that fixes that problem by keeping the ball down in the ramp. It looked like this. It also helped correct broken out mount points for the switch.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is a common problem and a bit of a design flaw.

Two fixes.

First, you can buy the plastic from Pinball Decals: "White Water Bigfoot Bluffs Ramp Cover (CLEAR)"
https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/WhiteWater_Page.html

Second fix is to take the existing plastic and shorten (or remove) the black, plastic spacer on the 3rd screw, the one closest to the switch. This forces the ball trajectory downward so that the ball does not hit the switch.

The factor plastic piece is meant to keep the ball from popping up and hitting the switch but doesn't quite do the job. That plastic piece on Soulrider 911's post is not factory.

#3407 5 years ago

Oh interesting! Thanks for clarifying Jam_Burglar I had not clue it looked factory on mine

#3408 5 years ago

Trying to find a white Yeti, no luck. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

#3409 5 years ago

Its no Yeti! It's BUMBLES!

#3410 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Its no Yeti! It's BUMBLES!

Sorry, I stand corrected!

#3411 5 years ago

I can't help so one find the blasphemous white one sorry.

#3412 5 years ago

If you wanted to make yours super unique, you could take all the fur off your yeti and use it for a template and get some white from a crafts store that would be awesome!

#3413 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I can't help so one find the blasphemous white one sorry.

What no help to find a snow styled theme change to a warm weather activity? I mean I thought everybody went white water rafting in the freezing cold winter months. Whoever came up with that stupid snow theme should be ashamed of themselves. To each his own i guess its just makes zero sense to me. If you want a winter based game by a "Wipeout" and you will have winter sports.

#3414 5 years ago

Back in the club... picked up a restored example . Only pin ive bought more than once. The topper is the nicest ive ever seen.... no bubbles and looks amazing.

#3415 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Back in the club... picked up a restored example . Only pin ive bought more than once. The topper is the nicest ive ever seen.... no bubbles and looks amazing.

Congratulations and welcome back. Still find it completely incomprehensible that we can go to the moon and beyond but for some reason we can't recreate a topper decal made in 1993.

#3416 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Congratulations and welcome back. Still find it completely incomprehensible that we can go to the moon and beyond but for some reason we can't recreate [...].

I say that about my ice maker in my freezer whenever it breaks, which happens at least once every month or so. But what makes my broken ice maker really special is how instead of breaking and simply not making ice, the machine just keeps dumping water into the tray until it overflows out onto my carpet in the middle of the night or when I'm at work. It's a delight.

#3417 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Congratulations and welcome back. Still find it completely incomprehensible that we can go to the moon and beyond but for some reason we can't recreate a topper decal made in 1993.

Its crazy but i guess it was old school tech and it cant be recreated correctly bc of the missing die....

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its crazy but i guess it was old school tech and it cant be recreated correctly bc of the missing die....

Here is a good summary:

creditdotpinball.com/2014/05/22/mods-foiled-again-the-white-water-topper-reproduction/amp/

#3419 5 years ago

If anyone is considering the icy mountains (with Bumble), here's what I think... it looks pretty cool. Don't overthink it. If you prefer the original caramel mountains and Nordsquatch, well, stick with it.

#3420 5 years ago

I like the exploration and craft that some folks have done to create the snow look and I can appreciate that, they are making it their own.

But, I'm one of the those guys that likes keeping things original with functional improvements and minimal theme deviation.

like for me i love the original look, its timeless... and its just my opinion:
2c43c450b7c8471b9abb2acbc82f3d2e86aa36b8 (resized).jpg2c43c450b7c8471b9abb2acbc82f3d2e86aa36b8 (resized).jpg
4f87e530af3606d57146c1a49466b8a389d225f6 (resized).jpg4f87e530af3606d57146c1a49466b8a389d225f6 (resized).jpg

Happy Yeti
8bec87d47903a153725b8cd6ba4177343b06c870 (resized).jpg8bec87d47903a153725b8cd6ba4177343b06c870 (resized).jpg

#3421 5 years ago

That paint job on the skull mountain makes a world of difference. I still think it should somehow tie into the "missing mountain" by basically combining those two mods but obviously the molding is tough.

#3422 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I like the exploration and craft that some folks have done to create the snow look and I can appreciate that, they are making it their own.
But, I'm one of the those guys that likes keeping things original with functional improvements and minimal theme deviation.
like for me i love the original look, its timeless... and its just my opinion:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Happy Yeti
[quoted image]

Everytime u post new pics i drool a little more on my phone screen. That is coming along really well and every part is glossy. Looking good!

#3423 5 years ago

hello to all...this is my topper hand made, im working very hard to make this...

i not have original pinbal and topper, only one friend have shot photo for me.

i have made the waterfall foil only by my hand
, because i find the secret to move it.

This is the hardest challenge, for me.

this is my work in progress..

here my previous test

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ideas-for-white-water-topper/page/4

and here other info
https://arcademania.eu/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=29622&start=120

#3424 5 years ago

Picked up this beautiful wh20 and the topper is the nicest one ive ever seen... actually the pin looks like new for the most part. 20181121_154514 (resized).jpg20181121_154514 (resized).jpg20181121_154613 (resized).jpg20181121_154613 (resized).jpg20181121_154715 (resized).jpg20181121_154715 (resized).jpg

#3425 5 years ago

Besides the white flipper rubber looks sweeeeet

#3426 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Besides the white flipper rubber looks sweeeeet

Its a beauty.. i dont mind the white but will probably change to blue. Also has color dmd. I have the ocd boards for it and chrome package to put on also.

#3427 5 years ago

I like the blue "W"'s on the speaker grills. Better than the typical red.

#3428 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I like the blue "W"'s on the speaker grills. Better than the typical red.

Thanks. I thought it looked nice also

#3429 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its a beauty.. i dont mind the white but will probably change to blue. Also has color dmd. I have the ocd boards for it and chrome package to put on also.

What does the ocd boards do?

#3430 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Allows LEDs to fade

#3431 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Allows LEDs to fade

Yep... the gi one is definitely needed...

#3432 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Picked up this beautiful wh20 and the topper is the nicest one ive ever seen... actually the pin looks like new for the most part. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn shes a bute. Does it still have that fresh off the showroom floor smell also?

#3433 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Damn shes a bute. Does it still have that fresh off the showroom floor smell also?

It does smell new but it has a brand new cabinet and playfield...
. Lol...and most stuff on and under the the playfield is new also.

#3434 5 years ago

For those of you that are considering the Snow re-theme no need, here ya go and she's a beuty:

ventura.craigslist.org link

75C5548B-3BBA-4495-AE8E-40F102402A65 (resized).jpeg75C5548B-3BBA-4495-AE8E-40F102402A65 (resized).jpeg

#3435 5 years ago

I'm thinking about getting a dew Pinsounds for a few of my machines since I love it on my Getaway. I was shocked to not see a custom WH2O gild on the website. Does anyone know if there's one out there in the wild?

#3436 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Picked up this beautiful wh20 and the topper is the nicest one ive ever seen... actually the pin looks like new for the most part. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m guessing that’s a repro topper with the non reflective foil? Hence why it looks new.

#3437 5 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

I’m guessing that’s a repro topper with the non reflective foil? Hence why it looks new.

Nope i wldnt of bought the pin then as the topper is very important for wh20 imo.... it's a original topper that is just in great condition.

#3438 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I'm thinking about getting a dew Pinsounds for a few of my machines since I love it on my Getaway. I was shocked to not see a custom WH2O gild on the website. Does anyone know if there's one out there in the wild?

Agreed im going to buy one for bsd and was gonna get one for wh20 but seems nothing for wh20 available...

#3439 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope i wldnt of bought the pin then as the topper is very important for wh20 imo.... it's a original topper that is just in great condition.

Maybe it's just a bad picture, but I wouldn't say that topper looks correct. It seems like the foil layer is missing or something.

#3440 5 years ago

@bigd1979... Sweet looking White Water, Congrats!!!

Couple questions:

Is it an original cabinet or re-decaled?

If you don't mind sharing... what does a game in this condition go for?

Thanks
Kerry

#3441 5 years ago

Bad pic ...trust me its original and looks great when lights are on....20181122_124800 (resized).jpg20181122_124800 (resized).jpg

#3442 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

bigd1979... Sweet looking White Water, Congrats!!!
Couple questions:
Is it an original cabinet or re-decaled?
If you don't mind sharing... what does a game in this condition go for?
Thanks
Kerry

New cab and decals, new playfield, new ramps, new boulders and many new mechs and coils. Also had color dmd , cliffys/mantis and few other mods and upgrades. Im gonna be adding chrome armor,gi and insert ocd boards and some other stuff. Going to be 7500-8000k . Its basically a new wh20 with nice upgrades .

#3443 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

New cab and decals, new playfield, new ramps, new boulders and many new mechs and coils. Also had color dmd , cliffys/mantis and few other mods and upgrades. Im gonna be adding chrome armor,gi and insert ocd boards and some other stuff. Going to be 7500-8000k . Its basically a new wh20 with nice upgrades .

Very nice indeed! Pretty sure I wouldn't even wanna play it for fear of messing it up. Awesome pickup indeed, congratulations!

#3444 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

#3445 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Very nice indeed! Pretty sure I wouldn't even wanna play it for fear of messing it up. Awesome pickup indeed, congratulations!

Yea ive had wh20 before and they were nice but this is almost to nice...especially when i get done with it. It will be added to a good friend of mine high end collection in the next 4 -6 month's

#3446 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Bad pic ...trust me its original and looks great when lights are on....[quoted image]

Naw...I think more people need to weigh in on it

#3447 5 years ago

So any idea on wh20 and pinsound? I dont see much at all on it?

#3448 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

8K estimate for that list is quite a reasonable price as crazy as that sounds.

#3449 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

8K estimate for that list is quite a reasonable price as crazy as that sounds.

For sure as its not cheap to redo a wh20 from my experience with them.

#3450 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So any idea on wh20 and pinsound? I dont see much at all on it?

As far as the re-orchestration I haven't heard much because of copyright issues they cant have them on the site. For me I just don't like the idea of remaking the audio/clips because they aren't original, and the clips I did hear didn't impress me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.