• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 157.
#3251 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

thelaw yes the lights just stay on pretty sure it’s the sequencer board do u k ow delts username or a link to the post? Cheers

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wh20-topper-chase-lights-work-but-then-slow-downthoughts

#3252 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Yes. I’ve done replacements on WH2O and WW. I was amazed at the difference. Call outs are clearer (previously sounded muffled & fuzzy). The music sounds great.
There’s enough bass to feel the cabinet vibrate a bit with just the cabinet woofer (used a crossover to balance the cab & panel speakers).
I followed “Tony's Do-It-Yourself Guide to Speaker Replacement on WPC-Era Bally/Williams Pinball Machines”

Any chance you can post a link to it?

8B1C74E1-FE32-4506-96A8-F9B245C8F9FB (resized).jpeg8B1C74E1-FE32-4506-96A8-F9B245C8F9FB (resized).jpeg
#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Any chance you can post a link to it?[quoted image]

http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_replacement.html

#3254 5 years ago

My wh20 ramp mod.

#3255 5 years ago

Q76 lockup popper tranistor blew last night while I had family over playing so Whitewater was done for the night. What transistor do you guys suggest to replace it with? This is a new rotten dog driverboard and it’s only about a year old. Thanks!

Added over 6 years ago:

Fixed

#3256 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

My wh20 ramp mod.

Wow. Is this a kit?

#3257 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

My wh20 ramp mod.

Nice work! What triggers the LED strip when you make the waterfall shot?

#3258 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Nice work! What triggers the LED strip when you make the waterfall shot?

The gate at the peak of the ramp.

U can get from pinsider lyonsden.

#3259 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Wow. Is this a kit?

It is Pinduino

The kit is undergoing further refinement on my machine.

#3260 5 years ago

Nice! Dantesmark looks awesome
Wonder if pinstadium could integrate something like this being that they run the length of the playfield could be really cool!

#3261 5 years ago

Free White Water decals. Cleaning out my parts bin and found these from an old project. Free to first response via PM.

IMG_2537 (resized).jpgIMG_2537 (resized).jpgIMG_2538 (resized).jpgIMG_2538 (resized).jpg
#3262 5 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Free White Water decals. Cleaning out my parts bin and found these from an old project. Free to first response via PM.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That was quick. Already gone.

#3263 5 years ago

Removed dome to replace 3 burned out bulbs...decided to leave it off....it’s like wearing a pair of loose fitting shorts with no underwear on! Haha!

Does anyone else leave their game with the dome off?

25F71900-C492-48C1-A2A2-6789FDC90547 (resized).jpeg25F71900-C492-48C1-A2A2-6789FDC90547 (resized).jpeg30CFD900-3F37-42B7-AE5F-DA24198CC787 (resized).jpeg30CFD900-3F37-42B7-AE5F-DA24198CC787 (resized).jpeg4239E5F6-0228-4F3D-82D7-58DC90C8BA13 (resized).jpeg4239E5F6-0228-4F3D-82D7-58DC90C8BA13 (resized).jpeg4B94FFC2-7A08-49C7-A3D0-4A356F77F8BF (resized).jpeg4B94FFC2-7A08-49C7-A3D0-4A356F77F8BF (resized).jpeg
#3264 5 years ago

Removed dome to replace 3 burned out bulbs...decided to leave it off....it’s like wearing a pair of loose fitting shorts with no underwear on! Haha!
Does anyone else leave their game with the dome off?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I leave the dome on, but not screwed down
Recently, I lowered the chase lamps a tad (so they are a little more hidden behind the black bar) by replacing the black plastic spacers under the boards with mini post rubbers.

#3265 5 years ago

Yeti bath
A9E44963-11B7-4DA2-B0FF-8522F6CAB955 (resized).jpegA9E44963-11B7-4DA2-B0FF-8522F6CAB955 (resized).jpeg
DBA9C2EF-F561-46D0-9E73-54A749CEFBBC (resized).jpegDBA9C2EF-F561-46D0-9E73-54A749CEFBBC (resized).jpeg
And he got some new teeth
AFB06A34-CAFC-4ABE-B1D4-DBE17864D8D2 (resized).jpegAFB06A34-CAFC-4ABE-B1D4-DBE17864D8D2 (resized).jpeg

#3266 5 years ago

Ok...what’s the trick to getting bulbs out of the topper. I have 3 over them burnt out, and they are super snug. I can’t get them pulled out, as I am being overly cautious to not have hand slip and hit the plastic topper. Any suggestions?

#3268 5 years ago

Ok...what’s the trick to getting bulbs out of the topper.

Use your hands...start with the fingers.

#3269 5 years ago

Ok...what’s the trick to getting bulbs out of the topper. I have 3 over them burnt out, and they are super snug. I can’t get them pulled out, as I am being overly cautious to not have hand slip and hit the plastic topper. Any suggestions?

If you've got a spare shooter tip, slide that over the bulb and pull.

#3270 5 years ago

Thank you all for the suggestions...most useful idea was Bryan suggesting the use of the shooter rod rubber tip. I now have a fully cascading waterfall....Time to go see Willie!

#3271 5 years ago

Did you use Purple Power on the bigfoot fur? Any issue with it? I am a big fan of purple power but I am a little afraid to use on bigfoot since he is irreplaceable.

FYI, several posts back someone was asking about flue for the bigfoot fur onto the hands. I found a really good fabric glue at Home Depot. Believe it was in same section as gorilla glue, locktight, etc.

#3272 5 years ago

I used Dawn dish soap in a bowl of warm water and gently used a tooth brush to clean the fur. Blow dry when done. Hair gel is optional.

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Did you use Purple Power on the bigfoot fur? Any issue with it? I am a big fan of purple power but I am a little afraid to use on bigfoot since he is irreplaceable.
FYI, several posts back someone was asking about flue for the bigfoot fur onto the hands. I found a really good fabric glue at Home Depot. Believe it was in same section as gorilla glue, locktight, etc.

I always used Purple Power on cleaning Big Foots. Just rinse well. I also used to use contact cement to reattach his fur.

#3274 5 years ago

Any one need a missing mountain mod?
Pm me, i have an extra!
$60 shipped
0DFC6CB2-87F2-44C5-B1F9-126E8675946A (resized).jpeg0DFC6CB2-87F2-44C5-B1F9-126E8675946A (resized).jpeg

#3275 5 years ago

Where did you get the skull mountain and missing mountain mode. Thats the best one i've seen yet.

#3276 5 years ago

Skull from pinball decals (eyes have leds)
Mountain from pinball center in Germany. I had to get that shipped to a fellow pinsider in canada and have him forward to me since pinball center wont ship to US anymore.

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Skull from pinball decals (eyes have leds)
Mountain from pinball center in Germany. I had to get that shipped to a fellow pinsider in canada and have him forward to me since pinball center wont ship to US anymore.

I get it. In the picture it looks like all one piece. Those two mods look better together than anything else i've seen.

#3278 5 years ago

Some would disagree, but personally it almost seems like they were supposed to come with the game out of the box! I like them a lot!

#3279 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I used Loctite "Vinyl, Fabric & Plastic Flexible Adhesive" to reattach the hand fur on my Bigfoot. Seems to have done the trick.

Some things I learned about Painting Bigfoot:

(1) Prep the surface. If you water down Elmer's glue and brush on a very thin layer, you'll get better paint adhesion. The thin ("wash") layer of glue will dry clear. Put on a few coats to prep the surface and the paint will stick better. I learned this from reading about model painters who paint on vinyl figures.

(2) Use acrylic paint. I tried model glue at first and this failed. It wouldn't dry. Acrylic paint works great.

(3) Matching the color for Bigfoot's beard. I was also able to get a "dead-on" match for repainting Bigfoot's beard by mixing black and white acrylic paint. Grey can be a very complex color to match if anything other than simple black and white are used to make the original color you're trying to match to. For example, let's say the original grey you want to match to has blue and yellow mixed in to make it more of greenish grey. That can be very tough to match! Luckily, Bigfoot's beard is just a straight up mix of black and white so you can mix up the black and white paint until you get a nice visual match. Another suggestion is to make sure you experiment some to make sure your paint matches WHEN DRY because wet paint may not always look the same color when dry. This can be frustrating when mixing small amounts of paint because by the time your test dries the paint you mixed up to do your test has also dried, so you have to mix the paint all over again and hope you get it the same. I was patient with this and got Bigfoot's beard to match perfectly. The new and old paint blended together seamlessly.

(4) Stop the beard from getting worn down again. The reason the beard color gets word off is that when Bigfoot's head spins his beard rubs up against the fur on his hands. The best way I found to prevent the wear this was to extend the bumper that his log mech rests on so that the beard no longer rubs up against his hands when his head spins. This mech bumper is located directly down below Bigfoot's hands, close to the lower playfield. If I remember right I cut a small rubber ring in half and somehow affixed that to the black rubber bumper. That way, Bigfoot's log doesn't rest quite so close to his head, and when his head spins around his beard doesn't rub up against his hands anymore.

I think I did my fix 4 or 5 years ago and Bigfoot's beard is still great.

#3280 5 years ago

Hey WH2O friends, I want to get the two rafts that look like they are floating down the ramps. I did a quick search of this thread and didn't come up with anything. Does anyone know where I can get them? I also would like to get the bear that goes over the left ramp entrance. I think I remember reading somewhere that it can be bought at Hobby Lobby, does that sound right?

#3281 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Hey WH2O friends, I want to get the two rafts that look like they are floating down the ramps. I did a quick search of this thread and didn't come up with anything. Does anyone know where I can get them? I also would like to get the bear that goes over the left ramp entrance. I think I remember reading somewhere that it can be bought at Hobby Lobby, does that sound right?

https://www.pinballdecals.com/WH20_RaftSetPage.html

#3282 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

You can find the bear at Michael's. You have to find a way to mount it to the the ramp too. They have these little metal "L" mounts in the picture framing department that work pretty good. I have mixed feelings about the bear but he does hide that switch on the Spine Chiller so I guess he's okay.

#3283 5 years ago

I believe the original maker also sells them on eBay for cheaper (or used to). If I remember right they are a Judge Dred mod.

#3284 5 years ago

Thanks for the link, they are proud of those things! $75 for two little rafts, I might not like them as much as I did before I saw the price!

#3285 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I believe the original maker also sells them on eBay for cheaper (or used to). If I remember right they are a Judge Dred mod.

I found them, thanks for the heads up, about 50% cheaper, I can live with that price, but $75 seems ridiculous to me

ebay.com link: WHITEWATER White Water Pinball RAFT SET Mod

#3286 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

You can find the bear at Michael's. You have to find a way to mount it to the the ramp too. They have these little metal "L" mounts in the picture framing department that work pretty good. I have mixed feelings about the bear but he does hide that switch on the Spine Chiller so I guess he's okay.

Cool, I might have to make a stop at Michaels this weekend!

#3287 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Cool, I might have to make a stop at Michaels this weekend!

Wow, that is quite a difference in price for the exact same thing.

#3288 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Wow, that is quite a difference in price for the exact same thing.

I think you are referring to the rafts, yes a HUGE difference! The one from ebay comes from the UK and even includes free shipping! Talk about the other place trying to take advantage of someone!

#3289 5 years ago

Has anyone installed these blade decals from Pingraffix on their game and have pics? Unfortunately his site doesn't show any installed pics. I wouldn't mind getting a set, but not sure how they will look on the game.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/whitewater-pinblades

#3290 5 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3291 5 years ago

This is the one I made on ebay listing, I just made 5 now waiting on paint to dry

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
#3292 5 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

This is the one I made on ebay listing, I just made 5 now waiting on paint to dry [quoted image]

Ive purchased it 9 months ago, great mod.

#3293 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Where did you get the skull mountain and missing mountain mode. Thats the best one i've seen yet.

Ebay has both right now.

#3294 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ebay has both right now.

i cant find it would you be so kind to give us the direct link ?

#3295 5 years ago

google found but not ebay.com ? eBay item number: 232961200153

#3296 5 years ago

Type above number in ebay search window.
This is skull mountain, lock ball cave entrance.

This is the missing mountain plastic mod.

#3297 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Any one need a missing mountain mod?
Pm me, i have an extra!
$60 shipped
[quoted image]

Quoted from gismo31:

google found but not ebay.com ? eBay item number: 232961200153

But pinsider Dantesmark has it cheaper!

#3298 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

The gate at the peak of the ramp.
U can get from pinsider lyonsden.

The gate doesnt come with the ramp mod?
This mod is to cool, a must have for me.

#3299 5 years ago

Spine Chiller is such a good feeling shot when made a few times in a row!

#3300 5 years ago

Sold... srry guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.