IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0487.jpeg
IMG_5767.jpeg

There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 157.
#3001 5 years ago

I did this yestrday before and after pictures

20180609_112830 (resized).jpg20180609_112830 (resized).jpg20180609_153415 (resized).jpg20180609_153415 (resized).jpg20180609_202434 (resized).jpg20180609_202434 (resized).jpg
#3002 5 years ago

This gives me the chills.

#3003 5 years ago

Looking for a nice used dome topper. LMK if you have one and price. thx

#3004 5 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

I did this yestrday before and after pictures

My daughter (12yo) was looking over my shoulder as I was admiring your machine and she said, "Dad, that looks like WhiteWater only whiter and bluer and cleaner."

Well done!

I've heard some question the white mountains within the theme but these must be folks who raft in California or someplace. Here in Colorado it works perfectly as our mountains are still snow-covered during the spring run-off (the best and fastest water).

#3005 5 years ago

Were those custom painted mountains? I've seen the white ones before, but never to that detail. Even the skull head.

#3006 5 years ago

I think The Spirit of the River cast a spell on my game. In the video, I power on the game, then, after self-test, hit Start. There are vertical lines in the display and sounds are out-of-whack. Hopefully it's a just a ribbon cable, but dang...

#3007 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I think The Spirit of the River cast a spell on my game. In the video, I power on the game, then, after self-test, hit Start. There are vertical lines in the display and sounds are out-of-whack. Hopefully it's a just a ribbon cable, but dang...

Update: Reseating the main ribbon cable (the one with 4 connectors) fixed it.

#3008 5 years ago

Always a big relief when stuff like that ends up being an easy fix. Glad that you were able to quickly solve the problem.

#3009 5 years ago

Yeah definitely a good thing thst wasnt more serious. Last night in the middle of a game on ball 2 the game sent up diagonsl lines on my dmd and killed the game. The ball rolled down into the drain as the flipoers were dead. Then i could push start and a new game started just fine so I have no idea what the hell that was all about but hopefully not something starting to go bad.

1 week later
#3010 5 years ago

Hey fellow rafters, considering a micro pf for my WH20 which is currently has original pf with some planking but doesn’t effect play.
I know ultimately it’s preference, but is it better to just keep the og DP pf intact on this title or consider a swap?
The game isn’t going anywhere.

Looks like a challenging, fun yet frustrating project but gathering some opinions before I go down this part of the river.
Thanks for any input guys

#3011 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hey fellow rafters, considering a micro pf for my WH20 which is currently has original pf with some planking but doesn’t effect play.
I know ultimately it’s preference, but is it better to just keep the og DP pf intact on this title or consider a swap?
Looks like a challenging, fun yet frustrating project but gathering some opinions before I go down this part of the river.
Thanks for any input guys

How is your pf look like? Please share some photos.

#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

If you have a lot of spare time, monies, aren't worried aboot recouping them, and have nothing better to spend the monies on then sure. But seriously that's aboot where I stand. If you have space to add games that's a lot of coin that you can use going forward.

#3013 5 years ago

I hear that!
It might be worthwhile but the time commitment has me thinking let it be for now and save for the next trade/pin.

#3014 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I hear that!
It might be worthwhile but the time commitment has me thinking let it be for now and save for the next trade/pin.

I've found there are a couple of things that make a full, ground up restoration most satisfying and rewarding: 1) You've wanted the game for a long time and you regard it as a "keeper" and 2) It's a beat-up mess when you get it.

2 weeks later
#3015 5 years ago

Just joined the club!

Anyone holding a white boulder set they want to sell? I’d like to swap mine for the holidays... got a whole thing planned. Seasonal!

#3016 5 years ago

Looking to join the club. Reach out if interested cash or trade!

Added over 6 years ago:

TnA or afmr

#3017 5 years ago

Hey guys been working on wh20 fixing a bunch of little odds and ends. So i'm down to my last error and am completely stumped on it. I have rebuilt the damn pop bumpers completely and am still getting this error at startup. Just to be clear I had this issue also b4 idid the rebuild. It works completely fine after I reset the error in test mode and scores properly. Anyone have any insight into this issue to help me keep my sanity.

20180703_024713 (resized).jpg20180703_024713 (resized).jpg
#3018 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hey guys been working on wh20 fixing a bunch of little odds and ends. So i'm down to my last error and am completely stumped on it. I have rebuilt the damn pop bumpers completely and am still getting this error at startup. Just to be clear I had this issue also b4 idid the rebuild. It works completely fine after I reset the error in test mode and scores properly. Anyone have any insight into this issue to help me keep my sanity.

switch to the right of the center pop. It is most likely closed all the time. Needs to be adjusted open

See manual page 2-43 for exact location

#3019 5 years ago

The manual is your friend. Get pdf copy at IPDB if you don’t have a paper version

#3020 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

20180727_101014 (resized).jpg20180727_101014 (resized).jpg
#3021 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

The manual is your friend. Get pdf copy at IPDB if you don’t have a paper version

Yrs I have a manual and have gone over it and rebuilt the pop bumpers and replaced the switch on each one also and am still having the problem.

Thx for the suggestion Davi will check those later on today.

#3022 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Yrs I have a manual and have gone over it and rebuilt the pop bumpers and replaced the switch on each one also and am still having the problem.
Thx for the suggestion Davi will check those later on today.

the circled one on the top is stuck closed.

#3023 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Thk you Marvin i will definitely check it when I get home. Sure hoping thats what it is cause its driving me crazy.

#3024 5 years ago

Hi rafters!!

I'm having some issues with my 'Disaster Drop' shot. If I test the entry optos with the glass off it works ok, rolling a ball through slowly is fine. But during a game it seems to be hit and miss.

I was just wondering, do failing optos sometimes have a problem where they can't detect fast shots?

Cheers.

#3025 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Thk you Marvin i will definitely check it when I get home. Sure hoping thats what it is cause its driving me crazy.

The 2 circled switches are not polled like normal switches. When they put in the rubber between the pops to stop outlane drains they took them out of the "not hit in X" credit dot. If there is a dot for those two switches it would have to be a stuck closed situation. check the diagnostices for closed switched, then adjust afterward.

#3026 5 years ago

@thewool, if I recall correctly, that ramp opto entry can be finicky because the optos are positioned on the outside of the ramp. It could be as simple as having to pull the ramp and clean it so that the optos have a clear shot through the plastic.

#3027 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

thewool, if I recall correctly, that ramp opto entry can be finicky because the optos are positioned on the outside of the ramp. It could be as simple as having to pull the ramp and clean it so that the optos have a clear shot through the plastic.

You're right this is through a ramp, it was working correctly so maybe it's just got a bit dusty. I'll give it all a clean and see if this sorts it.

Thank you.

#3028 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Ok Marvin u a bad dude! Got home and checked it out and u sir called it spot on. I didn't realize there were switches under that mountain plastic was thinking it was referring switch 55 to the right pop bumper. Sure enough i took that plastic off and that switch was definitely closed.Thk u!

20180727_141510 (resized).jpg20180727_141510 (resized).jpg
#3029 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Ok Marvin u a bad dude! Got home and checked it out and u sir called it spot on. I didn't realize there were switches under that mountain plastic was thinking it was referring switch 55 to the right pop bumper. Sure enough i took that plastic off and that switch was definitely closed.Thk u!
[quoted image]

As zene10 predicted.

#3030 5 years ago

try taking out that ring. game play is quite different. it was added since there was a lot of pops to right outlane issues but in my experience that's not a huge issue. its a balancing act. get some nice inlane feeds with it out, a few outlanes losses, a few points off those 2 switched and less pop action. or leave the rubber in, get no outlane losses, no inlane feeds, no scoring on those small scoring switches, but better pop action.

#3031 5 years ago

Scrolling thru eBay saw this Topper chrome??
ebay.com link: WHITEWATER Pinball Machine TOPPER CHROME Decal LICENSED

Where is this stuff suppose to go? Or is it a mod?

#3032 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

[quoted image]

Sorry if it wasn't clear. Wasn't near computer to upload manual's switch map & working off my memory.

Your trouble shooting menu was indicating switch 55, not your pops (switches 16, 17, 18).

switch map (resized).pngswitch map (resized).pngswitch matrix (resized).pngswitch matrix (resized).png
#3033 5 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

Scrolling thru eBay saw this Topper chrome??
ebay.com link » Whitewater Pinball Machine Topper Chrome Decal Licensed
Where is this stuff suppose to go? Or is it a mod?

There is a reflective sheet on the top of backbox, below topper lamps. However, this ebay stuff looks too short.

DSC_2310 (resized).JPGDSC_2310 (resized).JPG
#3034 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

switch to the right of the center pop. It is most likely closed all the time. Needs to be adjusted open
See manual page 2-43 for exact location

Yep sorry for forgetting bout your initial advice as well @zene10. It was right on as well. My own fault for not looking in manual at switch layout diagram. Saw the error and immediately in my head made the assumption it was saying right pop. I guess we all know what happens when u assume right?

#3037 5 years ago

So all of a sudden I got the infamous bigfoot error last night. Looked at my bi-directional board and the led would light intermittently. After I looked at the board I determined the cap had started to leak. Question is can I replace the 35v 100uf cap with a 50v 100uf one? I only have the 50v ones on hand and wasnt sure it would make matters worse if i installed it. Any feedback would be great on this thx.

#3038 5 years ago
20180729_132659 (resized).jpg20180729_132659 (resized).jpg20180729_132737 (resized).jpg20180729_132737 (resized).jpg20180729_132854 (resized).jpg20180729_132854 (resized).jpg
#3039 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

So all of a sudden I got the infamous bigfoot error last night. Looked at my bi-directional board and the led would light intermittently. After I looked at the board I determined the cap had started to leak. Question is can I replace the 35v 100uf cap with a 50v 100uf one? I only have the 50v ones on hand and wasnt sure it would make matters worse if i installed it. Any feedback would be great on this thx.

Sure you can replace. Higher voltage rating is not an issue.
http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/What-does-the-voltage-rating-on-a-capacitor-mean

#3040 5 years ago

Ok cool good to know thank you Davi.

#3041 5 years ago

Howdy WH2O fans,
Would any of you fine pinheads mind helping me a little with a flasher position issue I have found myself in.

Backstory
Helping a mate out with a WH2O that he bought as a project, playfield was completely stripped by the previous owner and over the course of many years pieced back together. I have corrected the numerous wire hacks, missing molex connectors and wrong wiring orientations ( yes some molex connectors were missing the keyed plugs, who would have guessed?)

The issue I have is the manual doesn't really indicate where all the flashers are around/under the mini playfield.
SOL23 blue/gray
SOL24 blue/violet

A photo or two would be very useful. Thanks in advance.

#3042 5 years ago
Quoted from centre-drain:

Howdy WH2O fans,
Would any of you fine pinheads mind helping me a little with a flasher position issue I have found myself in.
Backstory
Helping a mate out with a WH2O that he bought as a project, playfield was completely stripped by the previous owner and over the course of many years pieced back together. I have corrected the numerous wire hacks, missing molex connectors and wrong wiring orientations ( yes some molex connectors were missing the keyed plugs, who would have guessed?)
The issue I have is the manual doesn't really indicate where all the flashers are around/under the mini playfield.
SOL23 blue/gray
SOL24 blue/violet
A photo or two would be very useful. Thanks in advance.

Here are the locations in my game...

IMG_2519.jpgIMG_2519.jpgIMG_2520.jpgIMG_2520.jpg
#3043 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Here are the locations in my game...[quoted image][quoted image]

Firstly Paul let me say a massive thanks for getting back so fast and an "A" for effort with the images. I really appreciate it.
They are pretty much where I guessed they may have been, I was mostly unsure about the "cave" flasher as it is already populated with
SOL17 black/brown (bigfoot head flasher).
Now this one has me stumped, I cant see any screw holes for this and it appears to be coming from the back-board direction, with enough length to mount where the cave flasher is.

#3044 5 years ago

Im in desperate need of the spotlight bigfoot mod... where it comes on when he turns! Any1 kno where i can get it?
Or can i buy the always on one and hook it up to the bigfoot motor?

#3045 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Im in desperate need of the spotlight bigfoot mod... where it comes on when he turns! Any1 kno where i can get it?

Want one as well...

#3046 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Judge Dreads Pinball on eBay does them I think. UK based though

#3047 5 years ago

The always on version yes.

#3048 5 years ago

Hey guys. Has a completed custom pinsound package been released by anyone in the community yet? I've been following this thread by Endprodukt (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis ) but doesn't look like its done quite yet. I seem to remember another option available that may have been completed. Would appreciate any download links if there is anything out there. Thanks! -- Craig

#3049 5 years ago

I have a couple of burned out bulbs in the topper. Thinking I read a post about those bulbs being special ones. Anyone have a link to where I can get spares?

#3050 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I have a couple of burned out bulbs in the topper. Thinking I read a post about those bulbs being special ones. Anyone have a link to where I can get spares?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0194

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/61?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.