Topic Stats

• 4,965 posts
  • 465 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 212 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,347 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200530_190137 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2020-05-29-10-17-50 (resized).png
Screenshot_2020-05-29-10-17-32 (resized).png
Screenshot_2020-05-29-10-17-16 (resized).png
Screenshot_2020-05-29-10-17-25 (resized).png
change (resized).jpg
Attack-From-Mars-14x20-Print-Preview (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-19 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Brian Allen (resized).jpg
ramp (resized).jpg
4991691B-2CDE-404A-B52C-909D2B6DA51A (resized).jpeg
85F95057-4540-4E75-9C2D-FBBFC35C9E14 (resized).jpeg
0F6675A9-6643-4C91-82DD-7A58C2377C75 (resized).jpeg
15892883026575714529621872992907 (resized).jpg
1589288286019575703401555636618 (resized).jpg
15892882694304648944974132286984 (resized).jpg

There are 4965 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 100.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

One of the only mods I'll consider for this machine; other than protective.

Get the boulder protectors.
I made two proto sets when I bought new boulders, one for my game and one for Cliffy to copy.
So far the game has been tested here and at two shows and the boulders are still intact.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wh20.htm

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

and for some reason i like the winter look what do others think?

I think it looks completely horrible in an awful disgrace of a way that's more embaressing than that even; no offense to anyone

As I've said before, it may be passable if someone tapered them out. Like white up top...slowly airbrushed back to brown on the bottom. All white is just too much. Wh20 is wacky enough looking you don;t need to shove more down your face.

IMO

#253 6 years ago

i actually didnt see the mountains, just saw the abombinal snowman type dude. thought he looked good. ill have to go bac look at mountains.yzf whered you get those? and yes the hounding will cease, and i released your cat and pet hamster unharmed a few houses down the road. sorry bout that.

#254 6 years ago

Jammed an epic game yesterday! Great flow in this game when you really get goin' !!!!

#255 6 years ago

I picked up a White Water this weekend!
Got it at a good price and plan on doing several mods and upgrades over the next few weeks.
Going to try flame polishing the ramps and replacing the bolder and plastics.
LED and a Color DMD when they are in stock again.
I had really not played this pin much and was worried I would not like it.
But so many of you have so much good to say about it I jumped in and I am glad I did.

#256 6 years ago

My WH2O is never leaving my collection. One of my favorite games.

I've had several people give me crap about these legs and tell me to take them off but I really do like them a lot.

image.jpg

#257 6 years ago

Those legs are aweful! to each his own, it's still a whitewater!

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Jammed an epic game yesterday! Grand Champ @ 470mil. Great flow in this game when you really get goin' !!!!

Awesome. Yeah, the flow in this game is unstoppable. Last night I got stuck in a Spine Chiller - Insanity Falls - Disaster Drop loop that I just kept hitting over and over because it felt so good.

Pure pinball dopamine.

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I've had several people give me crap about these legs and tell me to take them off but I really do like them a lot.

I am tall so to keep from leaning on the games I put one foot forward and one back to keep my weight centered and my hands resting lightly on the bar.
I have carpal tunnel and cannot lean on games at all.
I can see myself whacking the shit out of my ankles on those when I change positions while playing.
I almost bought a set of them the flames for No Fear but they just wouldn't work with my playing style.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

It's only important that you like them, of course, but those legs might be the tackiest things I've ever seen done to a pinball machine. And I've been around since the late 60's.

#261 6 years ago

I tried to fix this rocky mountain. It didn't succeed very much.
Next, I reproduced it in a rubber material.
Now, even if a ball collides strongly, it does not damage.
The last is the rocky mountain coloration, but it is very difficult.

8745.jpg

#262 6 years ago

I upgraded the speakers in my WH2O, it now vibrates at high volume.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-speaker-upgrade

Quick pic of my machine with snow mountains with and a snow missing mountain mod.

AllDone.jpg

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeto:

I upgraded the speakers in my WH2O, it now vibrates at high volume.

What kind of speakers did you use; you're own brew or one of the sets? Interested in how you like them, heard some people say there isn;t a lot of bottom end in the machine so it doesn;t makea huge distance.

#264 6 years ago

I just joined the club this week. I have one question. Is the plunge supposed to go around and down the ramp and straight down the middle? or should it hit the left sling or into the left flipper if the plunge goes all the way through the upper playfield. I'm pretty sure it's leveled and at the right pitch. I've learned to plunge to the upper flipper but I've noticed anyone new plunges around and straight down the middle and the get frustrated.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What kind of speakers did you use; you're own brew or one of the sets? Interested in how you like them, heard some people say there isn;t a lot of bottom end in the machine so it doesn;t makea huge distance.

I rolled my own and used Pyle 5.25" for the backbox and a Pyramid woofer

amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

Quoted from jathomp22:

I just joined the club this week. I have one question. Is the plunge supposed to go around and down the ramp and straight down the middle? or should it hit the left sling or into the left flipper if the plunge goes all the way through the upper playfield. I'm pretty sure it's leveled and at the right pitch. I've learned to plunge to the upper flipper but I've noticed anyone new plunges around and straight down the middle and the get frustrated.

The skill shot in Whitewater is a soft plunge to the upper playfield and then the insanity falls ramp. If your plunge is sending the ball to lower play field you plunged to hard

#266 6 years ago

Is it illegal to copy parts of the pinball?

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from doro-mini:

Is it illegal to copy parts of the pinball?

? Elaborate

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I've owned 2 now and a hard plunge goes to left flipper on both. Every one I've played in the wild has gone to the left flipper too. Something seems off about it draining like that. Missing the skill shot should not equal death.

#269 6 years ago

Although you should get another ball if it drains like that. Hehehe.

#270 6 years ago

Home rom gives the ball back. Mine drains down the middle on a hard plunge.

1 week later
#271 6 years ago

Are these correct? 51.jpg 545.jpg

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from doro-mini:

Are these correct?

My upper playfield VUK guide also goes under the plastic and my boulder looks like yours except I have no sign on it. I never realized there was a "Bigfoot's Cave" sign missing. Anyone have an extra "Bigfoot's Cave" sign I could attach to the bolder? Thanks, Jason

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from doro-mini:

Are these correct?

Yes. See the little hole in the Bigfoot's Cave boulder? That usually gets a ziptie to hold it down.

#274 6 years ago

Wen I replaced my upper playfield plastic, I put a piece of foam between the VUK and the plastic to prevent damage to the new piece where the metal makes contact.

#275 6 years ago

MAN OVERBOARD! Couple of questions

1. What is the best way to clean Bigfoot, and his fur?
2. My topper foil has a crease or bubble in the foil, has anyone been able to push it back down successfully?
3. The black piece on the top of the back box, do they sell chrome versions of this bar?

#276 6 years ago

Just bought a very nice Wh2o from fellow pinsider.....still waiting on delivery. Already ordered color DMD for it. Looking forward to some good times with friends and family!!

This is our first pin.

#277 6 years ago

I'm in the club now. Got my Wh20 last week. Lots of work needed, but already tearing into it. Cab is shot, topper is missing, pf is dirty. But I've managed to get all switches working, and am starting the restore process.

Not sure if I'll get the color DMD, as I'd rather have one for creech. However, the DMD has a few lines out, so if someone wants to sell me there used DMD when they replace it, drop me a line.

#278 6 years ago

005.JPG

#279 6 years ago

Man, I am looking forward to join this club soon.

#280 6 years ago

2. My topper foil has a crease or bubble in the foil, has anyone been able to push it back down successfully?

This is a great question!!! Anyone got any ideas, or better yet... Solutions. I would love to hear some. There is so much talent and experience on this forum.... I know someone has an idea I haven't thought of. What do you have to fix this problem? I am afraid of messing mine up trying to fix it. And, I really want to avoid the "O shit" moment after messing up something better left alone.

#281 6 years ago

WH2O owner from sweden here

Im just about to tear it all down and rebuild it from scratch more or less. New ramps, new boulders, LEDs, Legs, Decals, You name it, im doing it

Anyhow, some questions from me to you, my fellow WW lovers.

What color to use when i repaint the backbox and the cabinet? Anyone have a reciept I can bring to my paintshop so they can mix it up for me?!

Secondly, I have been talking some with Melissa at CT and discussed the superbrite kit for the machine, but has anyone here a "custom" kit/package they compiled with success and can I borrow that shoplist from you in that case? I would love to pimp it with matchin colors behind the translite and on the PF and GI, but since its my first LED conversion, im completely lost on what LEDs to pick.

Any help with anything of the above is greatly appreciated.

Sorry for my bad grammar and all!

#282 6 years ago

I have yet to restore mine.Wheres all our pinheads that have already done theirs? Help a guy out.

#283 6 years ago

JKswe, for the inside of the cabinet I use Rust-O-Leum satin black - 7777. I use that for all my machines that are painted black on the inside. The blue I had mixed at Lowe's for the back box. I will give you the paint contents when I am near the paint can. It was a pretty good match. But the color differs for the amount of fading on the cabinet. I believe some other postings here on Pinside discuss this topic.

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I have yet to restore mine.Wheres all our pinheads that have already done theirs? Help a guy out.

Some people are beyond help......

You got the hard part ( a game).
Now purge your "other" projects and either hit vacation jackpot or restore the darn thing or both.

#285 6 years ago

A non pinball machine head ( cousin) was over for a visit and asked how many WH02 were still out there.

I said,umm....well they built 7000 of them 20 years ago.I reckon about 1500 might be complete and or working.

Looking at the owners and the pinside map for a rough guide.I think it's more like 800 to 900.

Sorry,I am a little bit fascinated by the vagueness of surviving pinball titles.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

A non pinball machine head ( cousin) was over for a visit and asked how many WH02 were still out there.
I said,umm....well they built 7000 of them 20 years ago.I reckon about 1500 might be complete and or working.
Looking at the owners and the pinside map for a rough guide.I think it's more like 800 to 900.
Sorry,I am a little bit fascinated by the vagueness of surviving pinball titles.

There's a hell of a lot more owners then those on Pinside and a lot more then 1500 left too.

With that said, I would love to be an owner one day. One on Ebay, but since it only has 5 pictures and the seller will not answer even basic questions, I'm assuming it's trashed...so I'm out.

ebay.com link

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Friend of mine has 3 WH2O's (???) and he is not on pinside :/

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

JKswe, for the inside of the cabinet I use Rust-O-Leum satin black - 7777. I use that for all my machines that are painted black on the inside. The blue I had mixed at Lowe's for the back box. I will give you the paint contents when I am near the paint can. It was a pretty good match. But the color differs for the amount of fading on the cabinet. I believe some other postings here on Pinside discuss this topic.

Please do

#290 6 years ago

Hey! Some people think STTNG is better than WH20!

If you disagree, make sure you vote on this thread.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-better-sttng-or-wh20

It's a little old... but I don't want the WH20 folks who have STTNG experience to miss the opportunity to express themselves.

1 week later
#291 6 years ago

For JKswe and anyone else here's some info on paint matching for the cab of WH2O I found on the web:

• Painter's Touch - Deep Blue #1927 (Bryan Kelly: "close but not quite")

• Home Depot Evermore Latex High Gloss Enamel
Base3 (HD7113) (Quart)
E Thalo Blue (OZ) 3 (48) 31 (96) 1
KX White (OZ) 0 (48) 10 (96) 1
V Magenta (OZ) 0 (48) 5 (96) 1

• Glidden Blazer Blue 43BB 09/340

• Ace Royal High Gloss "Regal Blue" - "not quite exact, but very close"

• Blue (also claimed to match Whitewater):
Glidden Evermore interior latex enamel, semi-gloss, base 3 HD 6413 "28 FL. OZ.

Colorant OZ 48 96
V Magenta 0 43 1

1 week later
#292 6 years ago

Just got mine last week. Mine's a fixer but It's gonna be great when I get it up and going. Super psyched to be in the club!

#293 6 years ago

My raft is in the river men!

IMG_00000177.jpg IMG_00000176.jpg
#294 6 years ago

Shameless plug, but I have a WH2O translite for sale on ebay. Used, but pretty nice shape. No reserve.

#295 6 years ago

Joining the club today. I want to read through this post at some point. My WH2O was a very spontaneous purchase. I sold my POTC yesterday for $4900 and a really nice one on CL came up for $5000. I had cash and cash is king so it is coming to my house this afternoon. We can't wait.

#296 6 years ago

The Spirit of the River...IMG_2451.JPG.IMG_2531.JPGIMG_2531.JPG

From Bigfoot's perspective... IMG_2511.JPGIMG_2511.JPG

#297 6 years ago

Any tasteful LED insert color and GI suggestions?

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just a few posts up is mine here is what I used.

Coolwhite frosted in whirlpool and lower gi
Warm white in the rest of gi
Cyan in lower left and left rear mini playfield

Cointaker ultras warm white under major mountain pieces

Pink under arrows, and rafts
Red under jackpot and awards

Make sure you get flex for the inserts under the mini playfield, I didn't and you can see the pink shine down on disaster drop.

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

No LEDs in the GI or backbox. It kills the fading effects on the game, and there's a lot of fading effects going on with this particular game.

#300 6 years ago

Hey, random question-has anyone else had a problem with the bulb right in front of bigfoot getting broken all the time? I had it get smashed by the ball three or four times before I finally replaced it with a lower profile LED that I had around to keep it from breaking. Seems like the single rubber there isn't enough to protect it? Anyway, other possibility is to double up the rubber on those posts to protect it, but just wondering of anyone else had a better solution. LED flicker on this game is really bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Elkhart, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 4965 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 100.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside