• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 157.
#2901 6 years ago

So... posted a while back about bigfoot head problems and I was pointed to the direction of the driver board and a cap that fails. And sure enough....I had a blown cap. So after replacing that... still had problems and have been chasing them ever since. In the meantime I bought a new board and installed it...works like a champ....so decided to replace the transistors and op amp and a few diodes and pretty much rebuild my old board just to see if I could get it working....guess it's the challenge. Success....plug the old board in today and works great. Had to fix a few traces/runs that were bad also. Anyway....bottom line....I now have an extra driver board. So if anyone needs one....let me know. I will part with either one....

#2902 6 years ago

Finished my restore this week. Fine tuning pinsound which is taking a long long time!

20180202_084023 (resized).jpg20180202_084023 (resized).jpg

20180209_180729 (resized).jpg20180209_180729 (resized).jpg

20180209_180706 (resized).jpg20180209_180706 (resized).jpg

20180203_134032 (resized).jpg20180203_134032 (resized).jpg

#2903 6 years ago

Awesome. What’s that topper? A custom shallower one for less roof height?

#2904 6 years ago

Thanks. Yes made a custom low profile one to fit in my shed.
Couple more pics.

20180209_191717 (resized).jpg20180209_191717 (resized).jpg

20180202_071436 (resized).jpg20180202_071436 (resized).jpg

#2905 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Been searching this board for solutions to the annoying loud sound I have when shutting down my WH2O. I have found a few interesting ideas and even a components list for a suppression circuit using radio shack p/ns. I think radio shack is dead. Anyway....anyone have any new ideas or fixes that I could try....I am worried about damage to my speakers. Thanks in advance.

bad cap on sound board

#2906 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

bad cap on sound board

Guess I might as well look at those....should be easy enough to replace.

#2907 6 years ago

Let us know if that works, please.

#2908 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thanks. Yes made a custom low profile one to fit in my shed.
Couple more pics.

Good idea. Looks cool

#2909 6 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Let us know if that works, please.

Can do....not sure when I'll get to it though.

#2910 6 years ago

Look at the gleam on that Mirco Playfield, woot! So happy with the way this H20 turned out

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2911 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

Look at the gleam on that Mirco Playfield, woot! So happy with the way this H20 turned out

Nice! Has minor color issue, but overall looks good. Nice restore!

#2912 6 years ago

That is sexy...

#2913 6 years ago

I’ve never dealt with the globes in topper.
Are they a 12 v wedge or bayonet?
Does the factory lighting give the best effect?
Thanks.

#2914 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

I’ve never dealt with the globes in topper.
Are they a 12 v wedge or bayonet?
Does the factory lighting give the best effect?
Thanks.

194 wedges. They make LEDs but I haven't met too many people that prefer them over regulars.

#2915 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They make LEDs but I haven't met too many people that prefer them over regulars.

LEDs in the topper are horrendous. Even more horrendous when someone puts in blue ones. It makes the whole topper look like a rave party with people taking way too much flash photography.

Stick with incandescents, chalkup. They give a much smoother “waterfall” illusion.

#2916 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

LEDs in the topper are horrendous.

Yeah they don't interact with the foil in the same way at all....it's just a totally diff'ren thing.

#2917 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That is sexy...

Thanks! Hybrid WW for sure!

If there’s a color difference, I can’t tell, and I, obviously, still have the original.

#2918 6 years ago

I'm having lots of issues with the Big foot lock ball popper area. Searched and read as much as I could. Rebuilt the popper with new coil, sleeve, optos ( which are working fine) armature, ball cradle etc.
Adjusted wire-form backwards and forwards. Still having issues - not with back spin of ball recognition but when there is more than one ball in there they get stuck and the popper cant get the ball up around the wire form. Any help appreciated as I want to finish my little ripper machine off!
Working on pinsound mix now which is taking forever. I have some software issues with the board booting that pinsound are assisting with. All callouts have been redone by a professional voice actor which I have paid a motza for and I am just deciding on tunes now.
It is the hardest machine I have tried to decide tunes on to fit well ( for me anyway - I know everyone is different)
I'm thinking of doing 3 different sound mixes
1 The squeal like a pig mix - eg dueling banjos, hillbilly music
2 cool 70s tunes - ride like the wind, go your own way, werewolves in London, boys of summer instrumental mixes
3. cool 80s tunes , I ran, whip it, dumb things,

Any thoughts or ideas on both my popper issue and pinsound mix options appreciated!

I have a very rough pinsound working up on youtube.

#2919 6 years ago

I have had the same issue with my VUK. I solved my issue by moving the wire ball guide slightly back. The ball was contacting the guide to soon. I moved the wire ball guide back a tad. The ball was hitting the guide and not following the curve.

#2920 6 years ago

Thanks! Hybrid WW for sure!
If there’s a color difference, I can’t tell, and I, obviously, still have the original.

There are definite color differences. The band in the hat is white and should be colored. And the lock text by the green targets does not have the white mask, they are basically impossible to see. I think these were fixed on later runs from Mirco. But you have an older run since it has those errors. Pretty sure that's at least one more issue but I don't remember what it is.

#2921 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

There are definite color differences. The band in the hat is white and should be colored. And the lock text by the green targets does not have the white mask, they are basically impossible to see. I think these were fixed on later runs from Mirco. But you have an older run since it has those errors. Pretty sure that's at least one more issue but I don't remember what it is.

Ahh. I can see it now! But, yes, it wasn’t anything I would notice by playing the game.

I bought a Theater of Magic playfield that I had to send back because it was Very different from the original.

#2922 6 years ago

Ahh. I can see it now! But, yes, it wasn’t anything I would notice by playing the game.
I bought a Theater of Magic playfield that I had to send back because it was Very different from the original.

Most probably you have a TAG playfield, and you've got Sun Process version.
In Europe, Sun Process is more common.

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa072914tomdiff.html

#2923 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Most probably you have a TAG playfield, and you've got Sun Process version.
In Europe, Sun Process is more common.
http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa072914tomdiff.html

This information is blowing my mind right now. I had no idea! Nobody has ever mentioned that to me before, and I’ve never seen a European SUN playfield. I wouldn’t have sent it back! Whew. I can kiss that restocking fee goodbye.

Hindsight is a cruel accountant in this hobby. Now I really feel dum

#2924 6 years ago

Ad placed in marketplace to sell mine in Jersey...in case anyone wants in the club

#2925 6 years ago

This information is blowing my mind right now. I had no idea! Nobody has ever mentioned that to me before, and I’ve never seen a European SUN playfield. I wouldn’t have sent it back! Whew. I can kiss that restocking fee goodbye.
Hindsight is a cruel accountant in this hobby. Now I really feel dum

Never mind. That repro was not perfect. That's why he would like to create TAG version too.

#2926 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

There should also be red on the wooden posts that hold the signs in the boulder area. If you take a look at Drano's WW restoration he has the same playfield and goes about correcting these omissions.

#2927 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

There should also be red on the wooden posts that hold the signs in the boulder area. If you take a look at Drano's WW restoration he has the same playfield and goes about correcting these omissions.

Lol, good thing I’m not that hung up about the minutia. Honestly, I feel like, for most people, without an original near by for side by side ‘spot the difference’ comparison, these differences go unnoticed.

The pros outweigh the cons for me even with the differences. I do these playfield swaps for myself and my home collection. I love the way the Mirco Playfield looks and plays. I’ll take a game with a nice cab and throw a new Playfield in it, and voila. I feel like I’m opening NIB lol. They play so smooth.

Pinball is a hobby to me, and I am ok with less than 100% fidelity. I think ‘most’ people would be happy with this caliber of reproduction.
But I am glad the community does such rigorous research and QC. It keeps the vendors honest and products of higher quality.

I hope to do 5+ swaps this year. I’m sold on them! Ha Scared Stiff is next.

#2928 6 years ago

One of the best White Water I have seen.
Seems you have a good taste.

#2929 6 years ago

So last night my bro in law was on the verge of Vacation Jackpot .... he needed to start the multiball, this was his 3rd multi so by this point its tougher to do.

On a frantic ball he was really fighting to not lose the ball, shaking table around a bit ..... he then finally slams the ball into No Way Out to initiate the Vacation Jackpot sequence.....but as he does the game TILTs out .... Oh how I laughed ...as he is very competitive

Here's the weird bit .... the game just locked up with TILT flashing. We left it several minutes. Remained the same. Steadied the tilt bob. Nothing. ???

When I power cycled it , the last game score seemed to show that the VJ had been added.

I doubt anyone has seen this to confirm ??... as it's not something that's gonna happen very often I'm running the home ROM. LH-6.

Has anyone ever had a TILT on WH2O that has just locked the game up though ??

#2930 6 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Has anyone ever had a TILT on WH2O that has just locked the game up though ??

Yes I have but it was so long ago I do not remember why it did that. The only reason I remember it is because of you bringing it up.

1 week later
#2931 6 years ago

is there an easy way to change a couple of insert bulbs underneath the mini playfield or do I need to remove the ramps and playfield for that?

#2932 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

is there an easy way to change a couple of insert bulbs underneath the mini playfield or do I need to remove the ramps and playfield for that?

Lift the playfield. There is a large cutout in the main playfield to access under the upper playfield. Probably be easier to remove the hex nut for the socket to make changing the lamp easier.

#2933 6 years ago

Is there a ball save on this game by any chance?

#2935 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Is there a ball save on this game by any chance?

Definitely get the home ROM. Cleans up a few things.

#2936 6 years ago

Does anybody have a pic of the swicth and switch bracket on the rear of the bigfoot ramp. This is mine and it doesn't look to neat.

IMG_6510 (resized).JPGIMG_6510 (resized).JPG

#2937 6 years ago
Quoted from Stormtrooper:

This is mine and it doesn't look to neat.

The switch is normally screwed into the ramp itself, but it’s almost always broken to bits. Looks like someone attempted to fix yours by riveting it to a piece of metal first.

#2938 6 years ago

P1070117 (resized).JPGP1070117 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#2940 6 years ago

Hey guys just joined the club and picked up my 1st whitewater. Jumped right into cleaning it up and found my 1st problem upkicker into the wireform behind bigfoot. Everyplace I've checked is out of stock on this part (A-15926). The multiball assembly where it attaches to the ball popper is the part that has broken and was repaired(halfassed) with jb weld which failed. If anyone has one of these for sale please contact as i'm dead in the wayer until I get a new one. Thanks, Bill

#2942 6 years ago

Excellent! Thank you so muck Kneissl, the part has been ordered now all i need is to find someone selling replacement boulder garden boulders or the whole set for that matter. Anybody have any leads on a full replacement set ? Thks again

#2943 6 years ago

Ive been in touch with starship-fantasy.com and the repros are in the queue to get made again. Probably 2 months at least I was told.

#2944 6 years ago

That is good news for sure i'm sure a lot of people will benefit from a new set of boulders. Hopefully the set will be affordable unlike the full set of ramps that are almost $700. Guess i will try my hand at flame polishing mine b4 i shell out that kind of cash. Still can't believe the foil topper still proves to elusive to reproduce as well.

#2945 6 years ago

Thought i would include a photo of the bush repair job on my broken upkicker bracket done by previous owner. You can see the jb weld used to reattach the 2 pieces. Surprised it didn't have duct tape around it also, however I could find that as i get deeper into the machine. Lol!

20180326_110500 (resized).jpg20180326_110500 (resized).jpg

#2946 6 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Thought i would include a photo of the bush repair job on my broken upkicker bracket done by previous owner. You can see the jb weld used to reattach the 2 pieces. Surprised it didn't have duct tape around it also, however I could find that as i get deeper into the machine. Lol!

20180311_152330 (resized).jpg20180311_152330 (resized).jpg

#2947 6 years ago

20180326_110511 (resized).jpg20180326_110511 (resized).jpg

#2948 6 years ago

Just missing the crazy glue

#2949 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Just missing the crazy glue

Couple zip ties will fix that.
Kidding, order Mantis today.

#2950 6 years ago

No doubt! Pretty sure the crazy glue was used on one my boulder plastics in the boulder garden so i'm thinking I may have every half-assed attempt at a repair done on this machine. Part was ordered from mantis yesterday but they are outta town this week so will have to wait till next week to get it.. Ughh

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/59?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.