IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0487.jpeg
IMG_5767.jpeg

There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 157.
#2851 6 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi Allibaster
You’re right... we messed up here. And I did say that I would give you a partial refund and I thought I did. Please forgive us for we had such a rush on orders for Christmas.. a few orders did get messed up but we quickly fixed the issue once they were realized. We will and always take care of our customers. We have one of the best customer service in the business and we stand by our products. I sorry you caught us at a bad moment but you will not be disappointed should you choose to order from us again.
Best
-JR

Glad to hear that Joe.
We have these same decals on our game and love them.
When installing ours we always use 2 people and spray the inside of the cabinet with water first.
It allows us to slide the decal perfectly into place every time.

#2852 6 years ago

Recently joined the club and have been working through a few things on my game.

One question I have is the disaster drop hazard will only be awarded if shot from the left flipper. Is this how it is intended to work or an issue with opto sensor placement ?

#2853 6 years ago
Quoted from Stormtrooper:

Is this how it is intended to work ...

No.

Welcome!

#2854 6 years ago

Thx, I was hoping someone could confirm that before I get into checking out that opto. It looks buried deep under the upper playfield and difficult to get to.

#2855 6 years ago

Thx, I was hoping someone could confirm that before I get into checking out that opto. It looks buried deep under the upper playfield and difficult to get to.

If you just got the game, and are familiar with how to fix them somewhat, you'll probably be getting under there anyway at some point. Taking the upper playfield off isn't the worst job...easier that it looks that's for sure.

EDIT: Wait, is it an opto or just a switch in the upper left corner under mountains? Let us paruse some shopout photos for help
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/white-water/gallery/shopout
Easier with the manual but it loosk like switch on pages 117-118?

EDIT: Opto ramp entry only. So when it passes the opto it probably makes a sound, so you just need to know if it's making that sound/animation with both flippers. That will tell you if it's the entry opto or the switch in the back.
manual page 2-42&43

#2856 6 years ago

Yeah, something's not right with that shot only registering from one flipper. The opto registeres the water sound and the micro switch in the back triggers the completion of the shot. It would be really odd for the ball speed or trajectory to trigger the switch from one angle but not the other.

I know that in Williams games of this era there is software that goes into effect if a switch is not working. It's unclear exactly how it works but maybe (and I'm really taking a stab here), that shot gets phantom activated by an inlane switch and one or the other disaster drop switches getting activated. If an inlane switch is also out that could potentially cause the disaster drop to only trigger from one of the flippers. I don't know though, that's a pretty "out there" hypothesis.

I would do some really thorough switch testing and the follow TheLaw's advice and shop the thing out while correcting issues.

#2857 6 years ago

I think they are actually in the front part of the ramp. Still tough to get to though.

#2858 6 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi Allibaster
You’re right... we messed up here. And I did say that I would give you a partial refund and I thought I did. Please forgive us for we had such a rush on orders for Christmas.. a few orders did get messed up but we quickly fixed the issue once they were realized. We will and always take care of our customers. We have one of the best customer service in the business and we stand by our products. I sorry you caught us at a bad moment but you will not be disappointed should you choose to order from us again.
Best
-JR

Now that's customer service!

#2859 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you just got the game, and are familiar with how to fix them somewhat, you'll probably be getting under there anyway at some point.

Absolutely, in the next couple weeks actually. I got new ramps coming and will wait till then. Dont want to bother removing the upper pf twice, even if its easy, I got plenty of other games to keep me busy until then.

1 week later
#2860 6 years ago

I picked one up this weekend. I have a problem with bigfoot's head. It was working but then just quit. Course the error shows on start up...no movement at all. Been looking at the schematics and will continue to but wanted to see if anyone has some quick checks I can make. I do have 14v at J118 on the driver board but in the test mode nothing at the motor. Any thoughts as I dig in....? It is turned on in the adjustments menu.

#2861 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

I picked one up this weekend. I have a problem with bigfoot's head. It was working but then just quit. Course the error shows on start up...no movement at all. Been looking at the schematics and will continue to but wanted to see if anyone has some quick checks I can make. I do have 14v at J118 on the driver board but in the test mode nothing at the motor. Any thoughts as I dig in....? It is turned on in the adjustments menu.

Hello? Anybody out there? Was hoping at least for a welcome...

#2862 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Hello? Anybody out there? Was hoping at least for a welcome...

Welcome!

#2863 6 years ago

There's a few threads or posts about problems with the opto board that controls Bigfoot. I would do a search and see if you can't troubleshoot it. I think most people get it sorted.

#2864 6 years ago

Yea, I’ve heard the capacitors on the motor board a prone to leaking. If it’s bad enough, it can damage the chip on the board as well.

#2865 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Yea, I’ve heard the capacitors on the motor board a prone to leaking. If it’s bad enough, it can damage the chip on the board as well.

Yep....found the posts and yep....bad cap.
Thanks for the responses.

#2866 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Yep....found the posts and yep....bad cap.
Thanks for the responses.

Great stuff now you can play the best pinball ever made I love WH2O...welcome to the club

#2867 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Did you buy the one that was listed in Tucson?

#2868 6 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Did you buy the one that was listed in Tucson?

I didn't know there was a listing for one in Tucson. On pinside? Huh!
I have a wanted ad for a fishtails and a few other titles and was contacted to see if I would be interested in a WH20.
Sold a POTC and JM so had to do something.

#2869 6 years ago

Hi all.
Wondering if someone can help. Are the hangers on the playfield supposed to be short or long?
Reason I ask is the rear of the apron is sitting up high when mounted to the hangers.
Thankyou

20180120_081137 (resized).jpg20180120_081137 (resized).jpg

#2870 6 years ago

Recently joined the club and have been working through a few things on my game.
One question I have is the disaster drop hazard will only be awarded if shot from the left flipper. Is this how it is intended to work or an issue with opto sensor placement ?

Figured this out and thiught I should post in case anybody else comes across the same problem. Second switch on ramp needed to be more sensitive. More about angle of approach specifically rather than which flipper.

From the right flipper the ball doesn't travel as fast through disaster drop and just rolls under the switch and it doesn't register.
From the left flipper it flies around disaster drop must faster because it hits the ramp dead centre and hits the switch and causes it to bounce up and register.

#2872 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all.
Wondering if someone can help. Are the hangers on the playfield supposed to be short or long?
Reason I ask is the rear of the apron is sitting up high when mounted to the hangers.
Thankyou

Looks the same as mine.

IMG_6088 (resized).JPGIMG_6088 (resized).JPG

#2873 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all.
Thankyou

Yes, the apron sits up...took me a while to figure it out too

#2874 6 years ago

Not a club member yet but I'm shopping out a friend's game. Her Bigfoot ramp was blown out. Waaaay blown out. We have a replacement on its way but I'm wondering if there is supposed to be a factory metal protector at the ramp entrance? If so, does anyone have a spare?? (I just wrote Cliffy, he doesn't make one.)

IMG_5935 (resized).JPGIMG_5935 (resized).JPG

#2875 6 years ago

There’s no “stock” metal protector there as far as I know.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2876 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Not a club member yet but I'm shopping out a friend's game. Her Bigfoot ramp was blown out. Waaaay blown out. We have a replacement on its way but I'm wondering if there is supposed to be a factory metal protector at the ramp entrance? If so, does anyone have a spare?? (I just wrote Cliffy, he doesn't make one.)

Is this what you're looking for?

https://mantispinball.com/product/whitewater-protector-set/

#2877 6 years ago

Those are for different ramps. We’ll be adding those as well.

Even if there’s no stock protector for it I may bend one up to be safe(r). And I’ll check to make sure the upper flipper isn’t overpowered. Thanks!

#2878 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Those are for different ramps. We’ll be adding those as well.

Ah, sorry, wasn't paying close enough attention to the pic. No, I've never seen a protector for that portion. Might be easy enough to bend/mod one of the spine chiller protector though to go there though if you didn't want to make one from scratch.

#2879 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all.
Thankyou

It's supposed to be this way. The gap is normal.

1 week later
#2880 6 years ago

Been searching this board for solutions to the annoying loud sound I have when shutting down my WH2O. I have found a few interesting ideas and even a components list for a suppression circuit using radio shack p/ns. I think radio shack is dead. Anyway....anyone have any new ideas or fixes that I could try....I am worried about damage to my speakers. Thanks in advance.

#2881 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Been searching this board for solutions to the annoying loud sound I have when shutting down my WH2O. I have found a few interesting ideas and even a components list for a suppression circuit using radio shack p/ns. I think radio shack is dead. Anyway....anyone have any new ideas or fixes that I could try....I am worried about damage to my speakers. Thanks in advance.

You could get on this list; http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/wpc-speaker-pop-eliminator.4731/

#2883 6 years ago

Has anyone tried putting Titan rubbers on their White Water?

What are your opinions on it vs normal rubbers? Is the right outlane more or less problematic with Titan rubbers?

#2885 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Why not send the boards off for repair? It's a little pricey, but worth it.

#2886 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Has anyone tried putting Titan rubbers on their White Water?
What are your opinions on it vs normal rubbers? Is the right outlane more or less problematic with Titan rubbers?

Yes. I have mostly titans with some marco rubber. blue flippers, black posts, white everywhere else.

I haven't noticed a difference between the original rubber and titans.

I removed the boulder garden rubber that "blocked" part of the garden (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-wh2o-boulder-garden-layout).
Slightly more right drains but pop bumper action is so much more fun.

#2887 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Why not send the boards off for repair? It's a little pricey, but worth it.

What would the repair be? Everything seems to work fine....just the noise when shut off. If it's just the caps....I can do that. Not sure that would fix it...guess I could try it. Not expensive and not hard to do.

#2888 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

What's the loud sound like? Most WPC games make a loud sound when shutting the game off. It's normal. If your game has it's voltage regulator changed to a switching voltage regulator, like the one made by eZSBC, it's going to make a very distinctive loud sound that's longer and quite different than anything you've heard. Again, nothing to worry about and nothing to throw money at trying to eliminate.

#2889 6 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Yes. I have mostly titans with some marco rubber. blue flippers, black posts, white everywhere else.
I haven't noticed a difference between the original rubber and titans.
I removed the boulder garden rubber that "blocked" part of the garden (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-wh2o-boulder-garden-layout).
Slightly more right drains but pop bumper action is so much more fun.

Thanks.

That right outlane centainly is troublesome. I can’t seem to nudge out of it.

#2890 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

That right outlane centainly is troublesome. I can’t seem to nudge out of it.

I think that's kinda part of the game's allure. For example, I usually try to drop catch the ball on the right flipper once it's shot out of the lost mine, but more often than not, the ball zooms up the right inlane, and right around and out through the right outlane. I know other games do this a lot, but White Water does it so much since the ball is always kicked out of the mine. When another game does that to us, my buddies call it "being white watered."

I think with the left outlane having the kicksave kinda compensates for the voracious right outlane, so I don't mind it so much.

#2891 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I think that's kinda part of the game's allure. For example, I usually try to drop catch the ball on the right flipper once it's shot out of the lost mine, but more often than not, the ball zooms up the right inlane, and right around and out through the right outlane. I know other games do this a lot, but White Water does it so much since the ball is always kicked out of the mine. When another game does that to us, my buddies call it "being white watered."
I think with the left outlane having the kicksave kinda compensates for the voracious right outlane, so I don't mind it so much.

That happens all the time on mine. Lately I've had a good result leaving the flipper down and tapping it as soon as the ball hits the flipper. Drop catching is dicey.

#2892 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

What's the loud sound like? Most WPC games make a loud sound when shutting the game off. It's normal. If your game has it's voltage regulator changed to a switching voltage regulator, like the one made by eZSBC, it's going to make a very distinctive loud sound that's longer and quite different than anything you've heard. Again, nothing to worry about and nothing to throw money at trying to eliminate.

I'll see if I can post a video....
I just don't want to pop a speaker...I can't imagine this being "normal" but maybe it is.

#2893 6 years ago

Mine makes a horrible noise on shutdown as well.

#2894 6 years ago

Well here's mine. Put in the white mountain kit, and changed Bigfoot fur. Just need a color DMD now and some new signage for cave, etc.

whitewater (resized).JPGwhitewater (resized).JPG
whitewater2 (resized).JPGwhitewater2 (resized).JPG
whitewater5 (resized).JPGwhitewater5 (resized).JPG
whitewater3 (resized).JPGwhitewater3 (resized).JPG

#2896 6 years ago
Quoted from Scarby:

Well here's mine.

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 7.28.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-01 at 7.28.14 PM (resized).png

Quoted from Scarby:

Put in the white mountain kit

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 7.28.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-01 at 7.28.23 PM (resized).png

Quoted from Scarby:

and changed Bigfoot fur

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 7.31.57 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-01 at 7.31.57 PM (resized).png

#2898 6 years ago

Conciliatory up vote, if he likes the ice and bumble yetti, it's cool.

#2899 6 years ago

Hi.

Picked up my WW last thursday. Just having some issues with the ball Popper in the no way out. But hopefully the new part is delivered soon.

20180203_202650 (resized).jpg20180203_202650 (resized).jpg

20180203_134604 (resized).jpg20180203_134604 (resized).jpg

#2900 6 years ago

I'd like to join the club, if I could find one nearby for a good price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/58?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.