Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 157.
#2801 6 years ago

I just finished a major shop job and decided to install a color DMD...I think it looks great...

20171110_090102 (resized).jpg20171110_090102 (resized).jpg

#2802 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm not getting any credit dots, but that probably doesn't rule out any of the other three switches.

Just because you're not getting a credit dot, doesn't mean the switches aren't flaky. Sometimes they can work intermittently, but in doing so, they work just enough to keep the credit dot away.

Quoted from per3per3:

When you say "ramp entrance," you're referring to the bigfoot bluff ramp entrance where the ball is diverted by bigfoot...right?

I'm referring to the switch literally right at the base of the ramp with the swinging gate. It pulls out as a unit, with insanity fall's ramp entrance switch. They're finicky to adjust.

#2803 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Just because you're not getting a credit dot, doesn't mean the switches aren't flaky. Sometimes they can work intermittently, but in doing so, they work just enough to keep the credit dot away.

I'm referring to the switch literally right at the base of the ramp with the swinging gate. It pulls out as a unit, with insanity fall's ramp entrance switch. They're finicky to adjust.

Thanks for the advice...I fixed it! It ended up being the switch underneath the boulders not always registering. After some adjustments, everything is working perfectly!

#2804 6 years ago

Have a few Wh20 leads but anyone on here local to MD that wants to trade toward a Tron shoot me a PM .

#2805 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thanks for the advice...I fixed it! It ended up being the switch underneath the boulders not always registering. After some adjustments, everything is working perfectly!

You might want to either modify the current plastic protector that comes right before that switch or buy the modified plastic protector that replaces the OEM. That area is notorious for problems because the ball carries through that area with speed and often airballs to hit the switch (eventually breaking it).

Here's the modified plastic http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/WhiteWater_Page.html (White Water Bigfoot Bluffs Ramp Cover (CLEAR))

Here's the part it replaces http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1726-3

There is info about the modification of the OEM part in this thread. Essentially, you use a smaller spacer in the hole closest to the switch to force the ball back down to the ramp instead of letting it airball up to hit the switch.

Of course you can't see any of this during gameplay because that area is covered by boulders.

#2808 6 years ago

$4800 seems slightly steep if there is no topper included.

#2809 6 years ago

The play field looks pretty bad on that one.

#2810 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

The play field looks pretty bad on that one.

The play field is certainly not "pretty bad" as you stated. I have provided a close up picture of the area around the 2 clear inserts that show wear. The price, as with all classified ads is negotiable.

Happy Thanksgiving!

#2811 6 years ago

My "disaster drop enter" optos is not working.
If i screw off the led opto "the whole bracket" it works fine. But the optos are not working thru the ramp when places where it should be. The optos are suppose to work thru the ramp?
The ramp is nice and clean?

15114566201261648989171 (resized).jpg15114566201261648989171 (resized).jpg

#2812 6 years ago

And i have some problem whit My big fot not spinning.
I have tried with a 9v battary directly to the motor. And it works fine.
What couldnbr wrong?

#2813 6 years ago

The optos should work through the clear ramp. What happens in switch test mode?

Quoted from Tjohejsan:

And i have some problem whit My big fot not spinning.
I have tried with a 9v battary directly to the motor. And it works fine.
What couldnbr wrong?

What happens when you are in test mode?

#2814 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

The optos should work through the clear ramp. What happens in switch test mode?

What happens when you are in test mode?

In test mode it works if i take the whole bracket off.
But when the bracket is placed where it should be, its not working.
The led optos Will not work thru the plastic ramp.

#2815 6 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

In test mode it works if i take the whole bracket off.
But when the bracket is placed where it should be, its not working.
The led optos Will not work thru the plastic ramp.

Try putting a thinner piece of plastic in front of one/both optos or even a piece of glass just to see if there is any change.

#2816 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Try putting a thinner piece of plastic in front of one/both optos or even a piece of glass just to see if there is any change.

What i Saw, is that the optos hit the ramp at the bottom of the ramp where the ramp plastic is much thicker. It hits where the plastic goes from underside to Side of the ramp.
I have a gap betwen the playfield and the plastic ramp.
Hehe i hope you understand me, its hard to write in english

#2817 6 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

What i Saw, is that the optos hit the ramp at the bottom of the ramp where the ramp plastic is much thicker. It hits where the plastic goes from underside to Side of the ramp.
Hehe i hope you understand me, its hard to write in english

Well it’s obviously working just needs a bit of fettling to register through the ramp. One might say. A bit of jiggery pokery!!

#2818 6 years ago

Looking to order a set of rubber rings and post sleeves. Does anyone have a list or know an accurate or proper ones White Water needs?

1 week later
#2819 6 years ago

Need help identifying the metal deflector next to suicide canyon ramp. Any leads? I already bought the wrong one once

WW Deflector (resized).pngWW Deflector (resized).png

#2820 6 years ago

If you find one post details here. I have some random bit that works, but isn't for whitewater.

#2821 6 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Need help identifying the metal deflector next to suicide canyon ramp. Any leads? I already bought the wrong one once

I think they are basically unobtainium. The part number isn't listed anywhere in the manual and the one that's readily available is for the other side of the ramp. I don't think it was included as part of the "A-15840 Suicide Canyon Ramp Assy" (I've seen that part NOS without the guide metal).

#2822 6 years ago

Your best bet is to contact Cliffy and see if he can make you one.

#2823 6 years ago

Anyone happen to have dimensions for that part that they could share?

#2824 6 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

The play field is certainly not "pretty bad" as you stated. I have provided a close up picture of the area around the 2 clear inserts that show wear. The price, as with all classified ads is negotiable.
Happy Thanksgiving!

SOLD

#2825 6 years ago

Congrats.

Seems like the early 90's B/W DMD games are red hot right now. I just forked over $2800 for a Fish Tales project, although it came with most the parts to complete it. Other than that, these games have been disappearing from the market in no time.

#2826 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Congrats.
Seems like the early 90's B/W DMD games are red hot right now. I just forked over $2800 for a Fish Tales project, although it came with most the parts to complete it. Other than that, these games have been disappearing from the market in no time.

Thanks, I had numerous calls and several different "interesting" payment offers. As "Wimpy" always said, "I'll pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today". But finally had an out-of state buyer who loved it.
Gotta say, it was a blast to play.

2 weeks later
#2827 6 years ago

Joined the club. Great pin to have in the collection. Gets lots of play time when we have friends over.

15142249345711911683336 (resized).jpg15142249345711911683336 (resized).jpg

15142251265901877283705 (resized).jpg15142251265901877283705 (resized).jpg

#2828 6 years ago
Quoted from Willys45:

Joined the club. Great pin to have in the collection. Gets lots of play time when we have friends over.

Not so sure about the snow mods on a white water rafting theme, but it’s a beautiful game!

1 week later
#2829 6 years ago

Hi all. My apologies if this question has already been addressed in this forum. My wife and I may have an opportunity to purchase a White Water that looks restored with LED's and what not. Not sure on the price yet but my guess prob in the 6k range. We currently have a Ghostbusters premium and Medieval Madness remake and have a TNA on the way. When I first got into pinball White Water was one of those games that got me very intrigued into the hobby. It was my go to game playing on the pinball arcade and I always play it at my local arcade even though the one there is not in the best condition and kind of plays like doo doo. My question for owners/ex owners. Do you feel this pin to be a great addition to a small collection and do you feel it has great staying power in your home? If you did sell yours, why? What are things that bug you about the game or things I should look out for that are problems. I love the game play and if I had unlimited funds I would of course have this in my house. Hell I would have every pin if money was not an issue! Would love to here your opinions and feedback. Thanks!

#2830 6 years ago

Great addition for a small collection certainly. Not the best game, but is very fun and would fit in well with the others in your collection.

#2831 6 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

What are things that bug you about the game or things I should look out for that are problems.

Check for cracked ramp entrances behind the two green lock targets, lost mine lockout wear, playfield dimpling on the upper playfield right where “no way out” VUK kicks out, and the condition of the boulders. You can still buy the ramps, but properly colored boulders are next to impossible to find right now.

I have what I consider a midsize collection, and white water has plenty of staying power. It may not be as deep as AFM or MM, but it’s not an easy game to finish, and fully completing the game in its entirety and collecting the vacation jackpot is damn near impossible—but it has among the best “endings” in all of pinball, imho.

6K seems high to me for this game. I paid just under 4K for mine a couple years ago, and sometimes I still think I may have overpaid—though mine was unshopped.

#2832 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

. Not the best game

What? Whitewater is an awesome game! It is packed full of features and shots and has great flow. Aside from the 6k price on this one, I can't imagine regretting picking up a wh20 for any collection.

#2833 6 years ago

Hard to tell if $6k is a good price on the restored Wh20 without seeing pics or all the details. I paid a little more for mine with a clear coated PF and all new decals and PF plastics but added a color DMD and 3d translite. My favorite game and getting hard to find in great shape. Only have 5 games and think it's a great game in a small collection. You can look at my collection past & present and see the competition it’s had and still remains.

#2834 6 years ago

Would have to be pretty nice @ 6k. Seems like I've seen some sell in the 4s recently, if those are players 6k isn't awful for a higher end example.

#2835 6 years ago

Thanks all for feedback/replies! My reason on the 6k price is because he is a local distributer and not just a home seller. I will get more details tomorrow. We have bought all are other machines from him minus the TNA which we just went through Spooky. He has a bunch of Bally Williams games which are all in amazing condition but are up there in price. He's got to make a buck off of them of course. Below is a pic. The Creech next to that one is in great shape as well and I have a played a bunch of games on that one. I believe he's selling that one for 7k. I have attached a pic of the Whitewater.

FB_IMG_1514864816649 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1514864816649 (resized).jpg

#2836 6 years ago

**thelaw's opinion on blue LEDs intensifies**

#2837 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

**thelaw's opinion on blue LEDs intensifies**

Yes I do agree that it's pretty blinding. I will need to check it out in person but it seems very blue. Haha

#2838 6 years ago

Yes I do agree that it's pretty blinding. I will need to check it out in person but it seems very blue. Haha

It looks nice. LEDs are an easy change.

As for the game itself, it’s great all around. Unique and fun gameplay. Lots of ramps, if that’s your thing.

If it were me, I’d just wait for a game in similar condition to pop up for much less. But, if you’ve got to have it, you’ve got to have it.

#2839 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What? Whitewater is an awesome game! It is packed full of features and shots and has great flow. Aside from the 6k price on this one, I can't imagine regretting picking up a wh20 for any collection.

It's definitely a great game and has all of the things you mentioned, but there are other greater games out there for $6K.

I'm glad I didn't pay anywhere near $6K for mine.

#2840 6 years ago

Thanks all for feedback/replies! My reason on the 6k price is because he is a local distributer and not just a home seller. I will get more details tomorrow. We have bought all are other machines from him minus the TNA which we just went through Spooky. He has a bunch of Bally Williams games which are all in amazing condition but are up there in price. He's got to make a buck off of them of course. Below is a pic. The Creech next to that one is in great shape as well and I have a played a bunch of games on that one. I believe he's selling that one for 7k. I have attached a pic of the Whitewater.

I saw that you mentioned your distributor also has a Creech for sale. If you are considering the Creature instead of the WH2O, my recommendation would be to go with the White Water. I have owned both for quite a few years and they both are keepers. The Creature is a classic, but is a relatively easy game to play. I like the WH2O a little bit more because of its uniqueness and it is more challenging to play.

#2841 6 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

I saw that you mentioned your distributor also has a Creech for sale. If you are considering the Creature instead of the WH2O, my recommendation would be to go with the White Water. I have owned both for quite a few years and they both are keepers. The Creature is a classic, but is a relatively easy game to play. I like the WH2O a little bit more because of its uniqueness and it is more challenging to play.

I agree. I would love to own a Creature one day but I agree that WH20 is more challenging of a game and would like to have that one at the house instead.

#2842 6 years ago

Had a creature and now White Water. White Water is light years ahead in fun factor.

#2843 6 years ago

Agree on the Creature vs Wh20 sentiments. I've got a White Water, and my buddy has a Creature. While both fantastic games, White Water is deeper, more complicated, has more shots, has better music (my subjective opinion), and is just an all around better gaming experience. Creature is classic, and has an unbelievable art package, but it just feels lackluster by comparison.

#2844 6 years ago

White Water is my only game and has been for years. I play it almost every day. $6k is very high unless it is in pristine condition. For that price I would say, (almost) no playfield wear (maybe a small amount by the vuk, some shooter lane wear, but no lost mine wear, and definitely no sign s of planking), no cab fade or damage, no broken plastics, no bubbles in the topper, fully working, fully shopped, throw in a color did and led OCD kit, ... then you're getting into that range.

#2845 6 years ago

I should hear back today on what the magic number is. I will go check it out and let you all know the results. Thanks again!

#2846 6 years ago

Planking can be a problem with White Waters and that would be one of the bigger issues (for a 6K machine). Look for any type of cracks or lines running vertically through the playfield. Supposedly the SP (as opposed to LS) playfields are less prone to planking.

#2847 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Planking can be a problem with White Waters and that would be one of the bigger issues (for a 6K machine). Look for any type of cracks or lines running vertically through the playfield. Supposedly the SP (as opposed to LS) playfields are less prone to planking.

Interesting. I will be on the look out for that. I haven't heard back as of yet on a price but I have a feeling he is going to be pretty high on it. He lists on his Facebook page that it is a "fully restored" White water which means try to get everything that was put into it out. I played the White water at my local arcade again last night and it has gotten worse. No Way Out doesn't register and for some reason you can not progress through the rafts. The playfield looks pretty good but I have not inspected with a comb. I am tempted on reaching out to the owners of the arcade to see if they would be willing to sell that one. I could get it on the cheap and then make it a project pin for me. We shall see.

#2848 6 years ago

anyone leaving the club let me know..Have a few pins I can trade.

#2849 6 years ago

I recently installed some new side art blades from PinGraffix. It's a good product, and I like the look. They were kind of difficult to install and, unfortunately, I have a wrinkle up by the eagle. Can't really see it if you're not looking for it.

I didn't have very good service with PinGraffix, though. It took three weeks for them to ship out, then they were shipped to the wrong person. Joe said he'd give me a partial refund for the trouble, but that never happened. It's too bad because I'd like to get another set for my Fish Tales, but I probably won't order from them anymore.

IMG_0171 (resized).jpgIMG_0171 (resized).jpg

IMG_0170 (resized).jpgIMG_0170 (resized).jpg

#2850 6 years ago

Hi Allibaster
You’re right... we messed up here. And I did say that I would give you a partial refund and I thought I did. Please forgive us for we had such a rush on orders for Christmas.. a few orders did get messed up but we quickly fixed the issue once they were realized. We will and always take care of our customers. We have one of the best customer service in the business and we stand by our products. I sorry you caught us at a bad moment but you will not be disappointed should you choose to order from us again.
Best
-JR

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
There are 7,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/57?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.