Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 157.
#2551 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

New owner....
How difficult/time consuming is a shop on this game?

You might want to pack a lunch.

#2552 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How difficult/time consuming is a shop on this game?

Not as big of a pain as people make it out to be. Everything is layered, so the order of which things are assembled/reassembled is important.

My biggest issue was getting the ramps to "click" in where they're supposed to, most notably insanity falls and disaster drop.

Do yourself a favor though, and don't skimp out on completely stripping the playfield and cleaning it as much as you can. Also, rebuild the upper flipper while the upper playfield is out of the game, and make sure the bulbs are replaced. They give you a cutout in the lower playfield to reach the underside of the upper pf, but it's *barely* enough room to work in.

#2553 6 years ago

Agree exactly with Mbaumle.

#2554 6 years ago

In comparison to other games of this era Its more time consuming. 7 ramps,2 level playfields, 3 Flippers. I can shop a FT, TAF ,AFM or SS in much less time.

#2555 6 years ago

And dinner and breakfast and some lunches and maybe some snacks, wait a lot of snacks.

#2556 6 years ago

In the manual it's documented how to take off the upper playfield with it's ramps, and once that part is off it's very easy.

#2557 6 years ago

My donor cabinet finally got decals! What a pretty game.

IMG_20170506_115616726 (resized).jpgIMG_20170506_115616726 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170506_160539757 (resized).jpgIMG_20170506_160539757 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2558 6 years ago

I might be selling my whitewater. PM me for details.

#2559 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I might be selling my whitewater. PM me for details.

Once you post that, you are indeed selling your Whitewater. Lol
The vultures will swoop.

#2560 6 years ago

just finished my restoration....Cabinet is original and really nice. This one almost killed me..it was a ton of work!

P1070251 (resized).jpgP1070251 (resized).jpg

P1070256 (resized).jpgP1070256 (resized).jpg

P1070263 (resized).jpgP1070263 (resized).jpg

P1070270 (resized).jpgP1070270 (resized).jpg

P1070280 (resized).jpgP1070280 (resized).jpg

P1070283 (resized).jpgP1070283 (resized).jpg

P1070291 (resized).jpgP1070291 (resized).jpg

P1070324 (resized).jpgP1070324 (resized).jpg

P1070326 (resized).jpgP1070326 (resized).jpg

P1070327 (resized).jpgP1070327 (resized).jpg

P1070333 (resized).jpgP1070333 (resized).jpg

P1070334 (resized).jpgP1070334 (resized).jpg

P1070336 (resized).jpgP1070336 (resized).jpg

P1070337 (resized).jpgP1070337 (resized).jpg

P1070339 (resized).jpgP1070339 (resized).jpg

P1070341 (resized).jpgP1070341 (resized).jpg

P1070345 (resized).jpgP1070345 (resized).jpg

P1070342 (resized).jpgP1070342 (resized).jpg

P1070346 (resized).jpgP1070346 (resized).jpg

P1070349 (resized).jpgP1070349 (resized).jpg

P1070350 (resized).jpgP1070350 (resized).jpg

P1070353 (resized).jpgP1070353 (resized).jpg

P1070359 (resized).jpgP1070359 (resized).jpg

P1070356 (resized).jpgP1070356 (resized).jpg

P1070360 (resized).jpgP1070360 (resized).jpg

P1070367 (resized).jpgP1070367 (resized).jpg

#2561 6 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

just finished my restoration....Cabinet is original and really nice. This one almost killed me..it was a ton of work!

Looks nice, but your upper playfield ramp will be smashed if you don't install the post and rubber protector.

missing ramp protector post and rubber (resized).jpgmissing ramp protector post and rubber (resized).jpg

#2562 6 years ago

Your restore looks great and you should change the shooter to the new sculpt Brock aka pinball customs made a while ago to replace the original one which looks nothing like big foot and more like Mr. Yunioshi from Breakfast at Tiffany's

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

IMG-20160611-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20160611-WA0001 (resized).jpg

IMG-20160614-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20160614-WA0001 (resized).jpg

#2563 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Your restore looks great and you should change the shooter to the new sculpt Brock aka pinball customs made a while ago to replace the original one which looks nothing like big foot and more like Mr. Yunioshi from Breakfast at Tiffany's

Do you have a link for the newer version, It looks great!

#2564 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Do you have a link for the newer version, It looks great!

You can find Brock's contact info here in the pinside business directory

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1007-pinball-customs

#2565 6 years ago

algrande,

Looks great! Where did you get those bigfoot target decals? I like my other targets being transparent, but would love to get ahold of those.

Also, I hope you adjusted the ball guide on the whirlpool shot so that the right-most post is shorter. If not, your bracket holding the switch above the ramp (under the rear mountain) will get broken.

#2566 6 years ago

ebay.com link: WHITE WATER NEW 2017 Pinball Machine High Quality Cushioned Target Protectors

Quoted from judremy:

algrande,
Looks great! Where did you get those bigfoot target decals? I like my other targets being transparent, but would love to get ahold of those.
Also, I hope you adjusted the ball guide on the whirlpool shot so that the right-most post is shorter. If not, your bracket holding the switch above the ramp (under the rear mountain) will get broken.

#2567 6 years ago

I'm in.

20170515_205158 (resized).jpg20170515_205158 (resized).jpg

#2568 6 years ago

Please tell me the tree and bear were removed after you noticed them while taking the pic.

#2569 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Please tell me the tree and bear were removed after you noticed them while taking the pic.

Trust me. All trees and bear are gone. I'm putting them on my dialed in.

#2570 6 years ago

The bear is fine the tree, not so much.

#2571 6 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

The bear is fine the tree, not so much.

TreeS. There are at least two in the pic.

#2572 6 years ago

I have a restored playfield whitewater now and love it. I have a couple of questions about some of the things mentioned in the last few posts.

Quoted from judremy:

algrande,

I am having issues with a fair amount of rejections in the bigfoot shot under the back mountain. I think it may be rejecting off the switch sometimes. I don't completely get what your talking about doing but would this be why I am having this issue?

Quoted from Whitewater:

Looks nice, but your upper playfield ramp will be smashed if you don't install the post and rubber protector.

Do you have a pic of what you are talking about? Is it something that comes on the pin or added after? I want to make sure mine has whatever protection is necessary.

#2573 6 years ago

The Bigfoot shot rejections may be caused by the ball hitting the edge of the ramp or the base of the ramp upon entry. You may want to check the alignment. Also, repro ramps can be thicker than the originals and that can make the path through uneven.

#2574 6 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I have a restored playfield whitewater now and love it. I have a couple of questions about some of the things mentioned in the last few posts.

I am having issues with a fair amount of rejections in the bigfoot shot under the back mountain. I think it may be rejecting off the switch sometimes. I don't completely get what your talking about doing but would this be why I am having this issue?

Do you have a pic of what you are talking about? Is it something that comes on the pin or added after? I want to make sure mine has whatever protection is necessary.

My mistake, I misinterpreted your photo

#2575 6 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

This seemed to solve an issue i was having with rejections from that ramp. Might be worth a shot for you as well.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_72&products_id=635

#2576 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I am looking for an original boulder garden boulder, part number 03-8790. I know the reproductions are a bit darker, so I was hoping to just have to replace one boulder instead of all the mountains.

Thanks!

#2577 6 years ago

Has anyone had their whitewater mountains custom painted by Modfather that they could post pictures of. Looking for his summer and winter theme paint jobs.

Thanks

#2578 6 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Looking for .. winter theme paint jobs.

BOOOO!!!!!

#2579 6 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Check out this video I posted a while back.

The ball guide above the ramp guides the ball directly into the bracket if the ball rides the wall. This "fix" changes it so the ball is brought down lower and doesn't reject from the shot. Your bracket will be smashed to hell in a couple years if you don't do this.

#2580 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm not going with the winter theme. I just want to see his work.

#2581 6 years ago

mine were done by Vince.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/spinny-vinny

Quoted from rdbronko73:

Has anyone had their whitewater mountains custom painted by Modfather that they could post pictures of. Looking for his summer and winter theme paint jobs.
Thanks

1 week later
#2582 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Check out this video I posted a while back.

Thanks for posting this. It's totally fixed the ball hang-ups I've been having!

#2583 6 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the ball save time on white water?

#2584 6 years ago

Playing one amazing specimen!!!!

IMG_8291 (resized).JPGIMG_8291 (resized).JPG

#2585 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Playing one amazing specimen!!!!

Looks Awe....welll....like...

VB (resized).jpgVB (resized).jpg

#2586 6 years ago

Lol.... I get it .... pictures don't do justice

#2587 6 years ago

Just as a heads up. My wh20 failed to boot the other day. Just out of the blue. Never been an issue before. After lots of head scratching it turned out to be a faulty ribbon cable. The long one with 4 connectors which goes from cpu, sound board, dmd controller board.

Just in case you experience similar. Worth a look.

Happy flippin
Gaz

#2588 6 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

it turned out to be a faulty ribbon cable.

These ribbon cables seem to be the crux of many issues lately. My Earthshaker's displays went completely blank the other day, started diagnosing power issues, until I realized that a single ribbon cable seemed to work it's way just *slightly* loose, hardly noticeably loose. Reseated, and the game was good to go.

Thanks for the heads up.

#2589 6 years ago

I have a cool Cowboy hat shooter rod that matches Woody's on the BG. $50 shipped

IMG_2784 (resized).JPGIMG_2784 (resized).JPG

#2590 6 years ago

Just as a heads up. My wh20 failed to boot the other day. Just out of the blue. Never been an issue before. After lots of head scratching it turned out to be a faulty ribbon cable. The long one with 4 connectors which goes from cpu, sound board, dmd controller board.
Just in case you experience similar. Worth a look.
Happy flippin
Gaz

Had this prob the other day game went bonkers started resetting not booting even blew fuse trying to fire all coils I was working on the machine so I thought I touched something.nope damn ribbon cable crapped out same one too.

2 weeks later
#2591 6 years ago

I'm back in the rapids again, picked this one up today.

DSC04272 (resized).JPGDSC04272 (resized).JPG

DSC04273 (resized).JPGDSC04273 (resized).JPG

#2592 6 years ago

What does the "chase ball" option in LH6 mean? Google failed me.

#2593 6 years ago

If a ball gets stuck somewhere on the playfield and the ball searches fail to dislodge it, the chase ball is kicked into the shooter lane so that you can keep your game going. It's a nice feature for games on location.

#2594 6 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Nice pick up. Looks like it's in pretty good condition!

#2595 6 years ago

So here's a problem (s):

My kickback light (left lane) stays lit the whole game. After kickback, it flashes, but then comes back on (even though I haven't hit the kickback targets). However, it goes off when the River Letter insert above it isn't lit (as those letter inserts cycle with flipper buttons)....once that River Letter insert lights up, the kickback comes back on.

I'm also have a weird thing with the lock lights... once I get the first ball locked, the top lock light goes solid. Then, randomly, the very bottom lock light eventually turns on (solid) even though I haven't locked a second ball. When that is happening, the middle lock light remains off.

Anyone ever dealt with these kinds of issues?

#2596 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So here's a problem (s):
My kickback light (left lane) stays lit the whole game. After kickback, it flashes, but then comes back on (even though I haven't hit the kickback targets). However, it goes off when the River Letter insert above it isn't lit (as those letter inserts cycle with flipper buttons)....once that River Letter insert lights up, the kickback comes back on.
I'm also have a weird thing with the lock lights... once I get the first ball locked, the top lock light goes solid. Then, randomly, the very bottom lock light eventually turns on (solid) even though I haven't locked a second ball. When that is happening, the middle lock light remains off.

I'd have to think about it some but my first guesses would be (a) PCB problem (check ribbon connections is a good place to start), (b) miswired switches, or (c) switch matrix issue (phantom switches).

#2597 6 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Congrats!!!

Now take all that awful blue shit out of it

#2598 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'd like to find this sign as well. This is the only broken plastic I have on my game.
Anyone know where to get one?

Made this years ago for this problem

#2599 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So here's a problem (s):

I do have strange lamp issues with my wh20. Not like yours but my lock lights are odd. At first I thought it maybe ghosting leds so I changed them for incandescent but no change. My extra ball lamp also come on randomly.
It was suggested to me that perhaps the driver transistors maybe "leaking" a little causing the lamps to illuminate. Try changing the associated transistors and see if that makes any difference.
But as has been suggested, sometimes reseating ribbon cables can resolve a myriad of problems.

#2600 6 years ago

I do have strange lamp issues with my wh20. Not like yours but my lock lights are odd. At first I thought it maybe ghosting leds so I changed them for incandescent but no change. My extra ball lamp also come on randomly.
It was suggested to me that perhaps the driver transistors maybe "leaking" a little causing the lamps to illuminate. Try changing the associated transistors and see if that makes any difference.
But as has been suggested, sometimes reseating ribbon cables can resolve a myriad of problems.

I'll try cables today... I haven't looked, but I'm assuming the lock lights are opto driven. Perhaps the optos are dirty (or the opto board is bad?

My WH2O has brand new rottendog boards. So I'd be surprised if backbox boards were an issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/52?hl=whitewater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.