Topic Stats

• 5,074 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by bobukcat
  • Topic is favorited by 216 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,374 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

471EF7B6-41F1-4055-92A2-B6E0CA2F04E1 (resized).jpeg
A6D8058E-72CB-4A2C-BABF-99FE82A12972 (resized).jpeg
BE8A6B24-98E8-40AE-A851-ED0AC761AA67 (resized).jpeg
40157641-E10C-4F5F-896C-2109AD45F538 (resized).jpeg
24470AE7-E820-4F5E-8E10-FE7F406A3854 (resized).jpeg
WW03 (resized).JPG
WW01 (resized).jpg
15930318887365188315881231015725 (resized).jpg
15930318622474627749920269168855 (resized).jpg
P93_TELESCOPE_DEBURR_TOOLS (resized).jpg
IMG_20200229_143342 (resized).jpg
whitewaterpart (resized).jpg
3FABC30C-7A78-4032-98F3-F0D1BF7DEDE7 (resized).jpeg
20200613_171654 (resized).jpg
20200613_171452 (resized).jpg
20200613_171711 (resized).jpg

There are 5074 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 102.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Make sure to look at the manual

Take a lot of photos also.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Take a lot of photos also.

Ohhhh yeah; You can never have enough!

#203 6 years ago

Here is mine

P1010098-2048.jpg

#204 6 years ago

I just got one again. I sold mine in 2001 and its been a long 12 years. Thanks to Taylor in VA for selling me his. The color DMD looks great too.

20130808_200636.jpg 20130808_200738.jpg 20130808_200710.jpg 20130808_200518.jpg

#205 6 years ago

A few body pictures.

20130808_200721.jpg 20130808_200623.jpg 20130808_200644.jpg

#206 6 years ago

A few playfield pics.

20130808_200551.jpg 20130808_200535.jpg 20130808_200529.jpg

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I just got one again. I sold mine in 2001 and its been a long 12 years. Thanks to Taylor in VA for selling me his. The color DMD looks great too.

Wow! that game is really nice.
How did you light the whirlpool?

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Wow! that game is really nice.
How did you light the whirlpool?

Thanks! You have to ask TaylorinVA as he did all the awesome work! I have just been enjoying playing it and its so fast. Wow! It is just like having a new pin. This is the second awesome pin I have purchased from him. We did a trade on this pin and I think everybody is very pleased which makes for a great trade!

1 week later
#209 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I would say you are lucky! I WISH my ball would spin around in the ramp that long. 3 rotations is the norm for mine.

Simple fix ... novice, flame polish (if you're feeling brave), then wax with pure carnauba. Mine spins almost too long before dropping in. I think the carnauba makes the difference.

Good luck,

Brian

#210 6 years ago

That one's gorgeous, doughslingers!

Has anyone installed a repro upper pf drain ramp? Mine seems to be too thick, and causes the ball hang up near the upper flipper at times. I'm wondering if it's best to almost rabbet that edge?

My other woes - my upper flipper started hanging up.. it just seems to be off kilter, but I'm not sure why. I thought it was a bad coil (the sleeve was really tight), so I actually have already replaced that. I just hate having to remove readjust that flipper bat, especially in the tight under playfield, and needing to remove a ramp!!

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

A few playfield pics.

What's the spotlight for?

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Has anyone installed a repro upper pf drain ramp? Mine seems to be too thick, and causes the ball hang up near the upper flipper at times. I'm wondering if it's best to almost rabbet that edge?
My other woes - my upper flipper started hanging up.. it just seems to be off kilter, but I'm not sure why. I thought it was a bad coil (the sleeve was really tight), so I actually have already replaced that. I just hate having to remove readjust that flipper bat, especially in the tight under playfield, and needing to remove a ramp!!

I'm having the same tightness on my upper flipper after I changed the PF out. It will swing and return fine, but if a ball is behind it when it come back to rest, it will stay part way out until the button is pressed again or something hits its or its rattled. I just have to gotten around to doing any adjustments yet (since its a PITA to get to).

#213 6 years ago

Are you guys talking aboot the "Upper to Lower" ramp?

Yeah all the pinballinc ramps are thicker and better so there are some fit issues. I didn;t get that ramp new but I believe I've heard people sand them a little to get it smooth.

#214 6 years ago

TheLaw - yeah, that's the one I'm referring to. I guess I'll try to do trim it a bit. I'll end up taking off some ramps to get to that upper flipper, anyway.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I had the same problem. I ended up sanding then polishing the edge until it fit. Not something I wanted to do, but it's hidden behind the boulders so it wasn't a big deal.

#216 6 years ago

I join this club tonight gentlemen

IMG_2193.JPG

#218 6 years ago

sweet!

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Now take all those horrible clown puking blue LEDs out of the back

And put some frosteds for the upper PF ramps so it looks more stock.

#220 6 years ago

I agree. I think some games look great with leds ...like bsd. but whitewater is one I love with the stock glow

#221 6 years ago

My GI is bulbs, and I left the rafts that way also as sometimes yellow doesn't look right.
I did however leave in the blue LEDS under the "River" targets. I thin kit looks better than the blue behind them. Just my opinion. Looks like fattrain will be able to try a few things...that's the fun!

#222 6 years ago

I join the club also. Almost done restoring my White Water. Just added the color DMD.

photo1.JPG photo2.JPG photo5.JPG photo3.JPG photo4.JPG

#223 6 years ago

Learn those bounceback bank shots...man those help with hazards.

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Congrats!

By the way, to update on my earlier post, the Loctite "Vinyl, Fabric and Plastic Flexible Adhesive" is still holding Bigfoot's fir on great.

Here's ANOTHER thing I figured out that might help some people.

One of the earliest playfield wear spots you'll see on a WH2O (the first being the VUK dent) is the switch slot on the right inlane where the ball drops down from the upper to lower playfield ramp. There is a piece of mylar there from the factory but it's too high! The ball drops right between the mylar and the switch slot and will tear that area up, especially becuase of the exposed wood corners from the switch slot.

Mine had the slightest bit of wear starting to show there (some cracks in the clear) so I installed a Cliffy universal switch slot protector. That helps protect some of the area but the top of the switch slot is still exposed! So, I took a tip from Adams Family Arcade here on pinside and got some of this clear static cling vinyl.

amazon.com link »

This stuff is great because, unlike mylar or the self laminating sheets, it's non-adhesive. I ran the lower edge under the Cliffy and it's holding there great. I may even eventually remove the Cliffy and vinyl over the whole switch area.

#225 6 years ago

Delete

#226 6 years ago

i wanna join the club, cmon guys help me out. free rafting trip for u and your family on the lehigh river pa for whomever helps me become a member. thanks im like a kid at christmas scrolling these pages. a kid who missed out cuz his parents didnt go wait in line and the toy sold out... = me not being member.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

i wanna join the club, cmon guys help me out.

Yep it's not the speediest club to join that's for sure. Unless you get real lucky you have to be patient.

#228 6 years ago

I swapped my LOTR to a friend for his WH2O (short term loan, not a permanent trade) and I completed Vacation Planner the other night. Very cool!

Love the game. To me it's the perfect combo of easy-to-understand, yet it's still deep enough to keep you entertained long term. Plus, I LOVE the ramps. To top it all off, the multiball system is great! Easy to see your progression, and in each game, you're likely to unleash 2 or more multiball sequences. They're pretty common.
Wish these were available fully decked out without having to pay 6-7k for one!
The machine has tremendous potential when you pimp it out. Great looking game!

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

To top it all off, the multiball system is great! Easy to see your progression, and in each game, you're likely to unleash 2 or more multiball sequences. They're pretty common.

That's actually the bets part of the game, needing MB for Vacation Jackpot. You can pump a MB out in roughly 30 seconds of the game; but you gotta combine it with the 5x. Then you've gotta be careful and plan when you want the second one, to make VJ happen. If you pump out the second and waste it, the 3rd isn't pleasent to get.

#230 6 years ago

Not sure I understand you there. Why do you need the multiball?
Are you saying that in order to complete the VJ, you need to start a multiball while the 5x is running?
If that's the case, I fluked out when I hit my VJ!

#231 6 years ago

I just traded my p.o.t.c for one. How is the color DMD for it worth it or not?

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Why do you need the multiball?

Not on the 5x, it's just the best thing to do before getting your first MB.

To get Vacation Jackpot you have to get all the other stuff complete AND THEN lock 3 balls, that's what starts it. The Vacation Planner doesn't "hold over" the locked balls is what's going on. You get all the whirlpool awards on the first ball let's say, those hold over, you only have to do it once.
You get a MB going, those locks disappear form the Planner after that.

So MB are a very important part of Wh20....becasue it's so easy to start, it can screw you later as lighting the locks becomes more difficult.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

I just traded my p.o.t.c for one. How is the color DMD for it worth it or not?

I think so, check it out for yourself!

http://vimeo.com/65527748

#234 6 years ago

I bought this machine in pretty bad shape, had to spend a lot to get it in the shape its in now. You can spend a lot of money restoring this machine. It is well worth it though. It's one of my favorite in my collection now.

MMuller, I have a color DMD in all my machines. White Water is probably one of the best to have a Color DMD.

Jam Burglar, Installed Cliffy's for the top of the play field where the balls drops, the rocks in the middle of the play field, and the middle ramp target for multi ball. Definately a must. Thanks for the insight on some things of the machine. Also had to resolder the resistors on the topper chase board because 5 bulbs were out after replacing all the bulbs. Also replaced the light topper bulb boards because the old ones were falling apart. Also just installed Coin Taker LED flipper buttons.

TheLaw, love the commentary, you play like me, thought someone secretly recorded me playing.

#235 6 years ago

Thank you everyone.

I got new ramp! Works good!

Before

#236 6 years ago

really? I think I would prefer the 4 or 5 spins to waiting forever.

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

really? I think I would prefer the 4 or 5 spins to waiting forever.

I think the first one is actually the 'after'.

#238 6 years ago

man these were selling down here for $5k~7k

I picked up a pretty trashed one for $2800, needs new cabinet and playfield, no topper

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I think the first one is actually the 'after'.

Yes, you are right. I made a mistake.

By the way, where can I buy the beautiful blue LED seen well here?
Will it be sold in sets? Interested.

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from doro-mini:

Yes, you are right. I made a mistake.
By the way, where can I buy the beautiful blue LED seen well here?
Will it be sold in sets? Interested.

Do you mean blue LED for the whirpoool? If so you can just use 555 frosted LEDs. You have to take the subay ramp off the bottom to get to the whirlpool lights...it isn;t hard.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you mean blue LED for the whirpoool? If so you can just use 555 frosted LEDs. You have to take the subay ramp off the bottom to get to the whirlpool lights...it isn;t hard.

Yes, I mean it. Thank you!

#242 6 years ago

Just bought a playfield protector for my WH2O. Will be anxious to install it when it comes, but right now all my machines are in the back part of my basement while the front part is being finished (by me).

#243 6 years ago

just got my life jacket and paddle, woohoo! which rapids er i mean mods should i head to first? dmd falls, missing mountain eddy, grizzly bear hole, sasquash sluice, empty raft rapid, moonlight bigfoot? im gonna check our rafting center store tomorrow, they always got cool little rafting related items. game is big time fun, but oh that horrible sound... please ingenuous electronic savy people save us with your ingenuity and create what needs creating and pass it along to us mere mortals. otherwise loving this freaking game.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

which rapids er i mean mods should i head to first?

Only protective ones if you need them. For the price of even 1 mod, certainly 2, you could upgrade to a spanking new ramp if they don;t look nice.

Also, pics or it didn't happen!

#245 6 years ago

welcome aboard tp! Now you can stop harrassing me for mine and enjoy I have the missing mountain and colordmd and recommend both.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

just got my life jacket and paddle, woohoo! which rapids er i mean mods should i head to first? dmd falls, missing mountain eddy, grizzly bear hole, sasquash sluice, empty raft rapid, moonlight bigfoot? im gonna check our rafting center store tomorrow, they always got cool little rafting related items. game is big time fun, but oh that horrible sound... please ingenuous electronic savy people save us with your ingenuity and create what needs creating and pass it along to us mere mortals. otherwise loving this freaking game.

My favorite is still the bigfoot spotlight. But yeah, fix your ramps and boulders first if they need replacing. New ramps make a huge difference!

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

or just attach a spot light to the motor that turns big foot

The Bigfoot Spotlight mod keeps the light on when he is stopped and looking at you. Just hooking a light to the motor will not do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c18dlOEk0Sc

Pinball Life sells them.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from Mamushka:

The Bigfoot Spotlight mod keeps the light on when he is stopped and looking at you. Just hooking a light to the motor will not do that.

One of the only mods I'll consider for this machine; other than protective.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Mamushka:

I installed one, and it does make a difference.

#250 6 years ago

ya know its actually looking pretty good now. i think i may have been to critical. ramps look good except for dirty whirlpool ramp which he gave me new one. 1 mtn has two cracked tabs.bigfoot looks little scruffy. when i looked at it it was in dim garage, in the light actually looks better. the right lighting color dmd, and for some reason i like the winter look what do others think? best place to find, or go to york? pics whe i figure how to transfer phone pics ps3to pinside.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plymouth, MN
$ 50.00
There are 5074 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 102.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside