Topic Stats

• 4,938 posts
  • 462 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by RobDutch
  • Topic is favorited by 211 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,338 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ramp (resized).jpg
4991691B-2CDE-404A-B52C-909D2B6DA51A (resized).jpeg
85F95057-4540-4E75-9C2D-FBBFC35C9E14 (resized).jpeg
0F6675A9-6643-4C91-82DD-7A58C2377C75 (resized).jpeg
15892883026575714529621872992907 (resized).jpg
1589288286019575703401555636618 (resized).jpg
15892882694304648944974132286984 (resized).jpg
15892882511965118673158272087377 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
20200511_203738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200507_190701~2 (resized).jpg
20200505_225031 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20200502_202946 (resized).jpg
20200502_230601 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200429_203642 (resized).jpg

There are 4938 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 99.
#2351 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

On my pin the Dissaster drop shot goes SDTM, 85% of the time... Where should the ball land and, does anyone have an idea how to adjust the ball landing?

Mine does too. I figured that's why they call it Disaster Drop. You might be able to heat and then bend the forked end of the ramp to change the trajectory, but I sort of like it myself since it never fails to bite me if I get careless. Just always be ready for a good nudge or shove.

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Anyone liking this design?
I have to say I think it turned out pretty sweet!
http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/24727501-white-water?asc=u&ref=recent-owner

Just for the record I bought the original shirt from webdiddy probably a year ago and love it. Quality shirt that stays nice and soft after a year of washing.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/20913882-welcome-to-wet-willie-s?c=408989-pinball&p=t-shirt&ref=work_collections_grid&style=mens

#2353 3 years ago

I am looking for a boulder garden sign (and ideally also the replacement boulder). If anyone has any leads/links I'd appreciate it - everywhere I've looked seems to be out of stock.

Thanks
Osric

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Haha! Thank you!

Glad you noticed

The buyer is able to select between an array of different type of shirts.
Here's a triblend for example: http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/13866797-pinball-game-of-skill?p=triblend-tee&style=triblend-tee&body_color=black_triblend&print_location=front

Out of interest, how many duvet covers do you sell. Can't quite convince the wife on that one!!!

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Can you send direct link for the distressed WH2O on a tri blend?

I'm in the process of making a "vintage" version of many of my shirts. I'll get you the link as soon as it's available, it should be in a couple of hours

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just for the record I bought the original shirt from webdiddy probably a year ago and love it. Quality shirt that stays nice and soft after a year of washing.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/20913882-welcome-to-wet-willie-s?c=408989-pinball&p=t-shirt&ref=work_collections_grid&style=mens

I'm glad you're enjoying your shirt, I agree the quality of the shirts are really nice.

Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Out of interest, how many duvet covers do you sell. Can't quite convince the wife on that one!!!

Haha, I have not sold a single duvet cover Maybe you can convince her to at least get a throw pillow

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Can you send direct link for the distressed WH2O on a tri blend?

I have sent you a PM with the link, the shirt is up now and the rest will follow soon, I just got a Moderation notice that I need to create a classified ad, kinda strange because I was looking for feedback.

#2358 3 years ago

Sent a WH2O to High End Pins. What are the groups opinions on LED vs LCD colorDMD for this game? Appreciate it!

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Sent a WH2O to High End Pins. What are the groups opinions on LED vs LCD colorDMD for this game? Appreciate it!

ColorDMD is awesome and I think makes the animations much clearer and easier to digest.

I would never LED the GI unless you also use Herg's GI OCD. White Water relies heavily on dimming and without the GI OCD board you'll kill a lot of the cool dimming effects (that also tie into and assist the gameplay).

You can LED the inserts but would recommend that you use the Herg's LED OCD if you're going to do that as well. While not as essential as with the GI, the harsh on/off of the LEDs does take away from some of the cool strobing effects the inserts do. I noticed the improvement immediately when I installed the OCD LED. You get nice smooth sweeps after Herg's board is installed rather than harsh flashing.

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I love my LCD colordmd in wh20, but haven't seen the led version in it yet.

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I hope to be able to give an opinion on this within a week or so when i get around to swapping the LED ColorDMD in my lotr for the LCD in my WH2O....

#2362 3 years ago

I have an LED version in my White Water and it looks great. You have to do a little tweaking out of the box to optimize the brightness and contrast, but after you get it dialed in it looks awesome. Bright and clear, and maintains the original DMD look.

#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I have an LED version in my White Water and it looks great. You have to do a little tweaking out of the box to optimize the brightness and contrast, but after you get it dialed in it looks awesome. Bright and clear, and maintains the original DMD look.

Would you mind sharing what settings were ideal for you? Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it!

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Haha, I totally misread that!

#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Would you mind sharing what settings were ideal for you? Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it!

I have my contrast set to 5 and my brightness on 3. There is definitely enough flexibility that you should be able to get the look you want after a bit of tweaking.

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I have my contrast set to 5 and my brightness on 3. There is definitely enough flexibility that you should be able to get the look you want after a bit of tweaking.

Actually that's exact what i have my LED set to in my LotR.

From reading a few other posts it seems like brightness 2-4 and contrast 5-7 is the range that is best for nearly every game, depending on environment.

#2367 3 years ago

Awesome. Thanks Guys. I think Chris at HEP should be starting the restore soon and will start a thread to document process. Should be fun to follow.

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

For me, this is THE best lit WH20 I've ever seen.

I agree, really nice job lighing the bolders and GI lighting.

#2369 3 years ago

Sorry for spamming the thread guys but for a limited time redbubble is offering 20% off.
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/tonygraf+wh2o?accordion=department

Use code SUPER20 at checkout

#2370 3 years ago

Having some serious buyer's remorse right now. And no, I'm not selling

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Having some serious buyer's remorse right now. And no, I'm not selling

Sorry, what do you mean? Can you explain for us low intellect types?

#2372 3 years ago

If anyone is looking I listed a set of Whitewater decals for sale in the marketplace.

#2373 3 years ago

Joined the club! First impression just GREEEEEAT!!!!

The only potential issue is with the plunger: on my machine, even at maximum "power", the plunger launches the ball just up to the top of the top orbit, but then the ball falls back ALWAYS to the upper flipper. And from there you can shoot for the skill shot. I am wondering if the plunger should be able, with maximum force, to launch the ball all around the top orbit, or not. In this case the player should skillfully launch the ball not too strongly in order to have the ball to come back to the top flipper. So, how the stock plunger is supposed to work?

#2374 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Joined the club! First impression just GREEEEEAT!!!!
The only potential issue is with the plunger: on my machine, even at maximum "power", the plunger launches the ball just up to the top of the top orbit, but then the ball falls back ALWAYS to the upper flipper. And from there you can shoot for the skill shot. I am wondering if the plunger should be able, with maximum force, to launch the ball all around the top orbit, or not. In this case the player should skillfully launch the ball not too strongly in order to have the ball to come back to the top flipper. So, how the stock plunger is supposed to work?

If you launch at full speed, mine goes sdtm. That way it's a skill shot to barely clear the top hill and use the upper flipper. I bet someone put a weaker spring in yours to avoid newbie frustration.

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If you launch at full speed, mine goes sdtm. That way it's a skill shot to barely clear the top hill and use the upper flipper. I bet someone put a weaker spring in yours to avoid newbie frustration.

Mine does the same. Also check the plunger length. I had a problem like that and the plunger was a little shorter and it would not go around until I changed the plunger with the correct one.

#2376 3 years ago

It should be a silver spring. If you pull all the way back on the plunger it will make it around and down to the flippers. On mine I'm able to get the ball with the left flipper. Rarely it will go SDTM, but even on L5 roms it'll give you another ball if it does.

#2377 3 years ago

What is adjustment A2 08? Hot foot percentage??

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

What is adjustment A2 08? Hot foot percentage??

Is that how many time you have to complete the hot foot targets to start bigfoot hot Foot?

#2379 3 years ago

No, that is A2. 09 Hot Foot Count. Hot Foot percentage does not make sense, I cant understand what type of percentage could be related to Hot Foot...??

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

No, that is A2. 09 Hot Foot Count. Hot Foot percentage does not make sense, I cant understand what type of percentage could be related to Hot Foot...??

Quick search online pulled up this guess?

"Tom, that is the same w/ my HF count...never adjusted the
percentage...must be length of time BG's head turns around during
hotfoot."

#2381 3 years ago

Akward defining time as a percentage...

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Akward defining time as a percentage...

Yeah haven't tried it myself but that's what I found on it.

#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I believe this refers to what percentage of games hotfoot is triggered. So, if hotfoot is set to trigger on two completions of the targets and you're getting hotfoot too frequently, then the game will bump it up to 3 completions automatically so that getting the hotfoot is not too easy to get. I think this is calculated off of your last 50 games, just like the percentage reset numbers.

I really like playing with the percentages as opposed to set figures because it pushes me to get better.

#2384 3 years ago

After wanting to join for a while I'm finally in the club!

What would be the best mods to get for this pin? I hear the boulder protectors are good and I will add a color DMD.

Others?

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

What would be the best mods to get for this pin? I hear the boulder protectors are good and I will add a color DMD.
Others?

I highly recommend dredds skull mountain mod. It's a great colour match if you have original boulders.

Also a strip light to illuminate the rear mountains

Oh and I really like dredds raft mod (little yellow plastic rafts which match those on the playfield)

Wh20 rocks. Welcome to the club

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Others?

All the protectors you can get. Make sure to check out the Mantis protectors to go behind the green targets.

If you plan on LEDing it, GIOCD and LEDOCD are both fantastic mods.

As far as cosmetics, aside from what had already been mentioned, the missing mountain mod is nice if you can find one (got mine from pinsider Aeneas).

And Drano's missing plastic is very nice too:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-missing-plastic-coming-soon

#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Others?

Color DMD is the best thing you can do.

EDIT: Just get the functional stuff...stay away form the glued on items

#2388 3 years ago

Don't forget the mini raft and side decal blades from pingraphix

http://amzn.to/1rv8vFI

01c06456cbe11cb5fedfd9ed602e948dfa757156 (resized).jpg

#2389 3 years ago

I've bought the rafts as they do look very cool - also those side decals look pretty awesome.

On another note, when I lock the first ball the message sometimes says "ball 3 locked" instead of "ball 1 locked"

Is this common?

#2390 3 years ago

Can't say I've noticed. Are you sure it's not an option problem

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

On another note, when I lock the first ball the message sometimes says "ball 3 locked" instead of "ball 1 locked"
Is this common?

Mine does the same thing every so often, but it never seems to effect gameplay. I don't think it's an opto issue. Maybe a bug in the code? I'm running the home roms in mine.

#2392 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Mine does the same thing every so often, but it never seems to effect gameplay. I don't think it's an opto issue. Maybe a bug in the code? I'm running the home roms in mine.

Ah ok. I'll have to look out for it. I think I'm on LH6.

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Don't forget the mini raft

Any links on a place to purchase? Thanks

#2394 3 years ago

Politely disagreeing with the people recommending those little rafts and plastic figures to stick in all the corners of the game. I can't help but think those clutter up the playfield and look tacky.

Go with a color DMD - the colors are great during a lot of the water effects images .

I really like the 'Bigfoot spotlight mod' from pinball life. Pretty easy to install, and really seems factory because it is only activated when bigfoot is engaged (diverting ball or during hotfoot). He is such a cool toy, so adding some lighting to him while he is working is great.

To each their own, of course.

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Any links on a place to purchase? Thanks

Link to Mini Raft with people:

http://amzn.to/1rv8vFI

#2396 3 years ago

Everyone has different opinions on what is tacky on a Pinball table. I am happy with my choices and not cluttered to me. To each their own.

Mods on my White Water:

Side Blade art decals of mountains, rocks and forest (PinGraphix).
Rock Bolder Plunger
Missing Left Mountain Mod
Skull Cave (with light up eyes Mod)
LED all lights
New LED strip added behind rear mountains and blue LED added to all water ramps
Mini Raft Mod
Bear figure Mod (Came with pin and it's too big and I might remove it)

#2397 3 years ago

awesome, thanks!

#2398 3 years ago

Are white mountains mod still available somewhere?

#2399 3 years ago

I just ordered the color DMD. I can't wait to see how it looks on this game!

#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from Osric:

I am looking for a boulder garden sign (and ideally also the replacement boulder). If anyone has any leads/links I'd appreciate it - everywhere I've looked seems to be out of stock.
Thanks
Osric

I'd like to find this sign as well. This is the only broken plastic I have on my game.

Anyone know where to get one?

bouldergarden (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 4938 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 99.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside