New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,266 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG
DSC_1222 (resized).JPG
DSC_1223 (resized).JPG

There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 106.
#2301 3 years ago
#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

It's the German's who have a passion for Pinball not America.
Look who makes 3d Translites, Hi Fi Sounds boards, Playfields, Color LCD Displays for this and other Pinball Machines.

Riiight... All great mods..... To put on all those Pinball machines.......... Which were made in America......

#2303 3 years ago

It's the German's who have a passion for Pinball not America.
Look who makes 3d Translites, Hi Fi Sounds boards, Playfields, Color LCD Displays for this and other Pinball Machines.

Comical statement. Well you could make all of those mods for the pins made in Germany. Oh wait..... apparently the passion only applies to mod them, not make them. Didn't realize my colordmd's came from Germany either.

#2304 3 years ago

What the hell is going on in this thread? Is everyone drinking too much Christmas cheer?

#2305 3 years ago

Saw one of the color DMDs in person the other day - granted it was on a CFTBL, but after seeing what that did for the pin I want one for our WH2O... I'm personally not one for modding a pin for mods sake - but now I know why so many folks have been adding them...

Going to have to wait until I get the JP working again though...

#2306 3 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Think I'm going with a dark metallic blue powder coat.

Having HEP do a WH20 for me and was considering this as well. Would you mind sending pics when done? Anybody else have pics of dark metallic blue powder coat?

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Having HEP do a WH20 for me and was considering this as well. Would you mind sending pics when done? Anybody else have pics of dark metallic blue powder coat?

Will do. My WWH20 came from a guy in Austin,TX. Along with a Indy 500 and Getaway.

1 week later
#2308 3 years ago

Anyone have a problem with their shooter not being strong enough? I have a problem with the ball not making it all the way around the top arc when the plunger is pulled all the way back. Is it the shooter spring? What shooter strength are people using? Thanks for any ideas for making that shot stronger.

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Anyone have a problem with their shooter not being strong enough? I have a problem with the ball not making it all the way around the top arc when the plunger is pulled all the way back. Is it the shooter spring? What shooter strength are people using? Thanks for any ideas for making that shot stronger.

No problems here but yes -- shooter spring is an easy fix

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

If the spring seems strong enough, check to see if the ends of the shooter lane cover are bent outward keeping the ball too far away from the shooter rod tip. If so, bend them back slightly allowing the ball to sit back more in the shooter lane when plunged.

#2311 3 years ago

I've always wondered about my shooter spring.
I've bought the "right one" from 2/3 different shops but never found one i felt was right

#2312 3 years ago

Just joined. It's going to take a while to get a score put up on it... all of Eric's scores from GC on down are over 1B and my best game is around 200M.

5.JPG 6.JPG

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

...and my best game is around 200M.

Vacation Jackpot it a must. You'll see getting there the scores are very similar...starting around 1.4ish

Enjoy!

#2314 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Vacation Jackpot it a must. You'll see getting there the scores are very similar...starting around 1.4ish
Enjoy!

I've come to learn the most important thing is getting the 5x jackpots during multiball. Usually my high scoring games include a vacation jackpot and/or beating Wet Willies too but not always. One of the best indicators of a good game for me is getting the Insanity Falls record because it usually means I racked up on jackpots during that game.

#2315 3 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I've come to learn the most important thing is getting the 5x jackpots during multiball.

5x jackpots are always part of the game plan, but it would be rare to hit that many of them to get you up over a billion. Pretty tough work to get more than 2 MBs

#2316 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip. I figured getting the R-I-V-E-R letters lit by going through the inlanes would be important, so I end up going through "No Way Out" a lot to get to the upper playfield. Maybe I should use the left ramp for that instead, and then just let the ball go down the right-ball return.

On another note, this game is hard to nudge for two reasons: 1) The carpet is super tight berber, meaning it doesn't move too well 2) I have a cracked rib, so putting super aggressive moves on it right now is impossible.

I find a lot of drains happening on the right outlane (usually because of the boulder garden)

#2317 3 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I figured getting the R-I-V-E-R letters lit by going through the inlanes would be important, so I end up going through "No Way Out" a lot to get to the upper playfield.
I find a lot of drains happening on the right outlane (usually because of the boulder garden)

The right lane ALWAYS is the #1 place for trouble.
It's best NOT to worry aboot the River Letters. If you have a big game I find, this is with the home ROMS mind you, you run into spelling them at some point. Remember the...uff memory is horrible, the right ramps gives awards and at 6 (?) I think it "holds bonus," which holds your river level to the next ball so it's easier to complete.
Trick to the game is setting up the MB #2 with completion for Vacation Jackpot.

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The right lane ALWAYS is the #1 place for trouble.
It's best NOT to worry aboot the River Letters. If you have a big game I find, this is with the home ROMS mind you, you run into spelling them at some point. Remember the...uff memory is horrible, the right ramps gives awards and at 6 (?) I think it "holds bonus," which holds your river level to the next ball so it's easier to complete.
Trick to the game is setting up the MB #2 with completion for Vacation Jackpot.

So would you say that using the left ramp to get to the upper flipper for insanity falls/whirlpool award would be the best way to avoid MB until the 5X is awarded? Using No Way Out seems like a good way to get a premature MB as well as wear out the VUK!

#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Using No Way Out seems like a good way to get a premature MB as wear out the VUK!

You're NOT going to wear out that VUK; it's going to be firing 50+ times a game for the rest of it's life.
The best way to get up there is the lock shot. You'll have to learn how not to hit the lock targets. I can assure you as you get better you will be shocked if you do hit one when not your intent. You'll be able to put it in there from both flipper easily.

#2320 3 years ago

Cool. Thanks for the tips!

#2321 3 years ago

No problem...make sure to search in this thread for things as tons of info in here. And folks like jam_burglar know pretty much everything aboot this machine.

#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

, the right ramps gives awards and at 6 (?) I think it "holds bonus," which holds your river level to the next ball so it's easier to complete.

On my pin the Dissaster drop shot goes SDTM, 85% of the time... Where should the ball land and, does anyone have an idea how to adjust the ball landing?

#2323 3 years ago

As Far as I know it should come to the left flipper....although sometimes it can veer (sp?) over to the right on a super hard shot. I would make sure the metal guides of the left orbit and up obstructed. Someimtes you can have a bent piece of a washer someone put on that can be sticking out...but I don;t think there's a way to "fine tune" that area....i'll have to look at some pics when i get home.

#2324 3 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Getting ready to powder coat my WWH20. Anyone have any examples or color suggestions?

Stainless steel.

#2325 3 years ago

Or....don't?

#2327 3 years ago

Anyone liking this design?
I have to say I think it turned out pretty sweet!

white water tshirt.jpg

#2328 3 years ago

I like it, but I'd like it better with just the raft, Willie and the dog. The only people that will "get" the shirt are pinheads and pinheads don't need WHITEWATER emblazoned across the front of it. A more subtle version would look cooler.

#2329 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

5x jackpots are always part of the game plan, but it would be rare to hit that many of them to get you up over a billion. Pretty tough work to get more than 2 MBs

I may be tripping because I don't always follow the particulars of scoring like the guys who compete a lot but I think you get about $170,000,000 for Wet Willies ($10M for each ramp shot in round one, then $100M for round two).

For the Vacation Jackpot the amount varies but I believe mine typically runs just over $200M (don't quote me on that).

For 5X jackpot I'm usually getting about $100M per insanity falls. The first 3 should happen within 5 secs (so that's $300M) then I've got 15 seconds for subsequent jackpots. As I don't screw it up I can get about $600M just on the 5x multi-ball (maybe more but often less because I choke). I've had lots and lots of games over a billion and never hit the vacation jackpot, and I'm sure a good amount where I botched the 100M shot on Wet Willies.

Anyway, if I play my cards right, I'm getting about 3 times as many points for the 5x multi-ball than I am for Wet Willies or the Vacation Planner. Getting 2 5x multi-balls lined up in the same game rarely happens but I had one game around 2 billion and that's how I got that one. I probably also hit the vacation jackpot and beat Wet Willies (maybe even twice in that game) but I'd say I had about 1.2B just in the 5x multi-balls.

Camera Craze can really jack up a score too (especially with the 5X) as can the Whirlpool multi-ball!

In all honestly though, it's not infrequent for me to get the 5x multi-ball and shit just goes wild for few minutes and I look up and my once 200M score is now 900M or something like that.

#2330 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Nice!

#2331 3 years ago

Hey, does anybody else turn on the Auto% replay feature so that your replay value is based on your scores for your past 50 games? If so, what's your replay at?

#2332 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I like it, but I'd like it better with just the raft, Willie and the dog. The only people that will "get" the shirt are pinheads and pinheads don't need WHITEWATER emblazoned across the front of it. A more subtle version would look cooler.

I was actually thinking about doing a raft only version but I like the dynamic that comes with the logo and the waterfall in the background.

#2334 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I like the dynamic that comes with the logo and the waterfall in the background.

I agree. Even non pinheads looking at the shirt wouldn't get that it's a pinball machine. It's just too niche.

If you have just a raft, it just kinda looks like an old man with his dog are having a good time on an inflatable boat. With the logo behind, you know exactly what he's doing, and why it's so fun.

Nice job on the design, webdiddy!

#2335 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/24727501-white-water?asc=u&ref=recent-owner

Looks cool. If you could do a "distressed" version of the graphic on a NextLevel TriBlend t-shirt I would be all over that. Thoughts?

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/24727501-white-water?asc=u&ref=recent-owner

Love it, love it, love it

#2337 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I agree with this. Would be cooler if it was a little subtle. That way, pinheads will get it, but people that dont know pinball would just think it was a weird shirt. I like it.

#2338 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I agree. Even non pinheads looking at the shirt wouldn't get that it's a pinball machine. It's just too niche.
If you have just a raft, it just kinda looks like an old man with his dog are having a good time on an inflatable boat. With the logo behind, you know exactly what he's doing, and why it's so fun.

It's too niche either way. Non pinheads looking at the t-shirt would just think "Hey, that guy is wearing a white water rafting t-shirt"

Oh, and this is just a small nit-pik detail, but the inner brim of the cowboy hat is supposed to be red, not white.

#2339 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Thank you!

Quoted from Cserold:

Looks cool. If you could do a "distressed" version of the graphic on a NextLevel TriBlend t-shirt I would be all over that. Thoughts?

I might be doing some "weathered" version of my current shirts in the future, any of my other designs you would like to see with a more of a "vintage" look?

Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Love it, love it, love it

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Quoted from Elicash:

I agree with this. Would be cooler if it was a little subtle. That way, pinheads will get it, but people that dont know pinball would just think it was a weird shirt. I like it.

Glad you like it but I think I'll stick with the logo version

Quoted from Fifty:

It's too niche either way. Non pinheads looking at the t-shirt would just think "Hey, that guy is wearing a white water rafting t-shirt"
Oh, and this is just a small nit-pik detail, but the inner brim of the cowboy hat is supposed to be red, not white.

Yeah, you're right about the brim, it was the reproduction playfileds that had the incorrect white inner brims.

#2340 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I have corrected the color of the inner brim, thanks for letting me know!

#2341 3 years ago

The Wet Willies shirt is great too (by the way).

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The Wet Willies shirt is great too (by the way).

Thank you, I'm glad you like them

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Something like this you had in mind?

white-water-tshirt-vintage.jpg

#2344 3 years ago

For people wondering what Vacation Jackpot is like, this is a video from the first time I was able to ever complete it. I knew when I had two balls locked and everything setup that I had to get a camera and record it. This is from over three years ago.

#2345 3 years ago

Pretty good tutorial video I found on Youtube:

#t=70.05275

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Love this version even more!!!!!!!!!!

#2347 3 years ago

The red brim is perfect!

#2348 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Yep, absolutely. Looks great. Do you have any control over the type of t-shirt used on that site? Figure out way to get that baby on a next level tri-blend shirt and you'd sell a bunch I bet. Best t-shirts in my opinion and not too expensive

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Love this version even more!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! Thank you!

Quoted from Fifty:

The red brim is perfect!

Glad you noticed

Quoted from Cserold:

Yep, absolutely. Looks great. Do you have any control over the type of t-shirt used on that site? Figure out way to get that baby on a next level tri-blend shirt and you'd sell a bunch I bet. Best t-shirts in my opinion and not too expensive

The buyer is able to select between an array of different type of shirts.
Here's a triblend for example: http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/13866797-pinball-game-of-skill?p=triblend-tee&style=triblend-tee&body_color=black_triblend&print_location=front

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Haha! Thank you!

Glad you noticed

The buyer is able to select between an array of different type of shirts.
Here's a triblend for example: http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/13866797-pinball-game-of-skill?p=triblend-tee&style=triblend-tee&body_color=black_triblend&print_location=front

Can you send direct link for the distressed WH2O on a tri blend?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside