Topic Stats

• 4,493 posts
  • 440 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

61E8FF2E-849C-4103-8788-3803CDE14FB1 (resized).jpeg
E5DA4DA1-3EF2-400D-8E2C-C1F9736C7A56 (resized).jpeg
934D00C3-3C71-4685-8591-912705662A7A (resized).jpeg
20191125_102332 (resized).jpg
20191124_213208 (resized).jpg
VOEY7204 (resized).jpg
20191121_070338 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191109_105211 (resized).jpg
20191102_204856 (resized).jpg
20191102_203328 (resized).jpg
20191102_203353 (resized).jpg
20191102_203314 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-11-03-00-26-35-424_com.google.android.apps.docs (resized).png
IMG_20191030_201717 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191028_200718 (resized).jpg
whitewater-pinball-wh2o-waterfall_1_ecb4c60366d5635a7b770b8885df3840 (resized).jpg

There are 4493 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 90.
#2201 3 years ago

Yes the lost mountain is what I made. Fifty your right the skull mod needs to be painted to match. It does't match at all with the other mountains. That's the next thing I want to do is paint it so it matches the other mountains.

#2202 3 years ago
Quoted from pincrazzzy:

I ended up making my own. I had a cracked back mountain so I heated it up, cut it and bent it to the shape I wanted. I attached it with a little metal bracket. Looks better in person.

pincrazzy...are you talking about the lost mountain mod? I have an extra back mountain too. Would love to see what part you cut out and how you did it...

#2203 3 years ago

Yeah how did you do that?

#2204 3 years ago

my skull mountain matches perfectly to my original mountains. Are those original mountains or repro?

#2205 3 years ago

Can someone help me please? My wh20 resets when both targets are hit simultaneously. Already checked for solder bridge and put be diods on, that wasn't it. Anyone have a pic of the wiring to these two targets so I can check the wiring? Greatly appreciate it...

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from hanktrainer:

Can someone help me please? My wh20 resets when both targets are hit simultaneously. Already checked for solder bridge and put be diods on, that wasn't it. Anyone have a pic of the wiring to these two targets so I can check the wiring? Greatly appreciate it...

Which two targets? You mean the flippers?

#2207 3 years ago

I got it fixed wire wrong, thanks!!

#2208 3 years ago

I made the lost mountain by heating the plastic from the back. Then I cut the section from the mountain when it was hot. I used a butane torch make sure you move the torch fast. Then I would heat the plastic again and bend it until it look good. I used a small bracket and attached it on the ramp.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from pincrazzzy:

I ended up making my own. I had a cracked back mountain so I heated it up, cut it and bent it to the shape I wanted. I attached it with a little metal bracket. Looks better in person.

What did you attach the bracket with?

#2210 3 years ago

Did you use an extra/new backboard mountain and used only the middle section and create the lost mountain? If I understand.

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Did you use an extra/new backboard mountain and used only the middle section and create the lost mountain? If I understand.

yeah the pics help but cutting the back boulder looks a little confusing to get it to sit just right. ANy more details would help

#2212 3 years ago

I'm sorry I'm not the greatest at explaining things. Billsfanmd there is the cutting of the backboard mountain to get the basic shape that you want. After you get the shape that you want you have to heat it again,make sure you do it from the back of the plastic. You start to mold the plastic while still warm to fit your desired area that you want to do. Just keep playing with it until it fits just right. Make a bracket out of metal. Use playdough first to attach it to the lost mountain. Line the bracket up with the ramp screw make any adjustments now because it's only playdough holding it. Once everything is good mark the area and take off the playdough. I used FIX it STICK all purpose bonding putty where the playdough was. It sets fast and has a very strong bond to the plastic. I didn't take pictures when I made it or I would post them.

#2213 3 years ago

thx....need to see about finding a mini a propane torch. I think your pic with taped area is pretty clear which area you cut

#2214 3 years ago

Propane torch might be to hot I used a butane torch.

#2215 3 years ago

So from what I understand when a WH20 is modded to the white mountains the big white beast from the Rudolph Xmas ornament set is what is used? If this is correct and someone wants that beast PM me, I have one I will sell, I can PM you a pic of it as well. It's the bigger one with the real fur. --Lonnie

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from pincrazzzy:

Propane torch might be to hot I used a butane torch.

that's what I meant

#2218 3 years ago

Today my new set of cabinet decals arrived from Retro Refurbs. Really impressed and can't wait to get them on my game!

29782334802_9e73355da0_k (resized).jpg
29895961505_954881811a_k (resized).jpg
29269634993_477dafc259_k (resized).jpg

#2219 3 years ago
Quoted from Dansur:

Today my new set of cabinet decals arrived from Retro Refurbs. Really impressed and can't wait to get them on my game!

Can you give more info on the vendor of the decals? Are they silk screened? laminated?

Thanks,

#2221 3 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Can you give more info on the vendor of the decals? Are they silk screened? laminated?
Thanks,

Just search on google for "retro refurbs decals" and you will find their site. They have about 100 decals listed.

I don't think they're silk screened. Why would anyone want silk screened decals anyway, that should be done direct to wood. Plus it will probably fade. These decals are said to be protected from fading, and they're absolutely beautiful. All of the detail is sharp.

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from Dansur:

Just search on google for "retro refurbs decals" and you will find their site. They have about 100 decals listed.
I don't think they're silk screened. Why would anyone want silk screened decals anyway, that should be done direct to wood. Plus it will probably fade. These decals are said to be protected from fading, and they're absolutely beautiful. All of the detail is sharp.

I did a search of retro refurb, then retro refurb pinball(s) based on your initial post. Didn't think to search retro refurb decals.

Original B/W's cab weren't screened directly on the wood FYI. The cab had vinyl laminated to the cab and then were silk screened. Inks are much more UV stabilized and resist fading over their 90's counterparts. Some people prefer screened artwork. Thanks anyways.

1 week later
#2223 3 years ago

How is the quality on these? And are they difficult to apply?

#2224 3 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

my skull mountain matches perfectly to my original mountains. Are those original mountains or repro?

I'd say repro. They are darker than I remember. That mountain mod is the same color as my original mountains.

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I dont think its a surfboard,
Its supposed to be a canoe or kayak or something.
I hate to be a prick but that mod is just bad,
The metallic paint ?
The alloy wheels?
A surf board?
the text is all wrong.
In fact it looks like a PT cruiser!

I lol'd at your comment because I mostly agree.

However the vehicle is closer to a 50's panel van than a PR cruiser.

Chrome hubcaps in the center would look better and it's gotta be a kayak on the roof.

#2226 3 years ago

I am looking for a White Water, I have a HUO TSPP I can offer as trade if anyone is interested or do a cash buy.

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How is the quality on these? And are they difficult to apply?

They are perfect and were easy to put on so I've ordered more cabinet decals from Retro Refurbs.

#2228 3 years ago

Hey guys, I am in need of a bidirectional motor board that controls the Bigfoot. I picked up a Doctor who but it is missing the board altogether. I'd be interested in one working or not if you have one please consider selling it to me. I appreciate it

#2229 3 years ago

Hi All- new to the club. Just picked up my WH2O last week and am very excited. Pretty rough condition, but have started methodically cleaning up. On a budget, so doing a little at a time. One thing that really annoys me though, is that someone put a right side "Party Zone" slingshot on the lower Left sling. I will likely order a new set of plastics all around since many of mine are cracked, but that is down the road. Wondering if anyone has a left slingshot plastic laying around that could tide me over (cracked is fine- anything is better than what I have right now).
THANKS

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from preore:

Hi All- new to the club. Just picked up my WH2O last week and am very excited. Pretty rough condition, but have started methodically cleaning up. On a budget, so doing a little at a time. One thing that really annoys me though, is that someone put a right side "Party Zone" slingshot on the lower Left sling. I will likely order a new set of plastics all around since many of mine are cracked, but that is down the road. Wondering if anyone has a left slingshot plastic laying around that could tide me over (cracked is fine- anything is better than what I have right now).
THANKS

Hi preore - welcome aboard! PM me your address and I'll send you a left sling plastic.

#2231 3 years ago

pm sent. Thanks so much! Can't wait to get some of the burnt out bulbs replaced, deep cleaning and everything else necessary to get me on my way. The plastic will be a huge start as the current one is completely out of place. Cleaned the cabinet last night and the white t-shirt I used looked like a giant tobacco stain when done. Cleaned up better than I thought though. Definitely on my way to making this respectable again. A ton of fun to play regardless.

1 week later
#2232 3 years ago

I'm in!!! Finally can join club! A nice example and good deal, was in a family home for many years and needs TLC w/sling plastic, rubbers, and a good overall cleaning/wax. They never knew the backbox opened so lucky no board/acid damage. Beyond some bulbs and elbow grease game has topper intact and cab in good shape !!
So glad I went this route first before NIB - I've been in the mine for awhile.

what are a few must have extras I should consider ?!

#2233 3 years ago

dupe for man overboard!!

#2234 3 years ago

I went to play my game last night and it wouldn't power up. I'll have to dig into this issue later today.
Howie

1 week later
#2235 3 years ago

Anyone have the fabric pattern for the Bigfoot/Yeti?

#2236 3 years ago

Had to share my latest find with this group. Yea they may only end up on the wall behind my WH2O but I thought this group would appreciate the neat factor.

IMG_2377 (resized).PNG

IMG_2376 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#2237 3 years ago

Picked up a restored WH20 today with new decals, ramps, boulders, Mirco playfield as, etc...

I just need to put a color dmd in, get some new instruction cards for it, and put LEDs in the back box.

IMG_9087 (resized).JPG

IMG_9088 (resized).JPG

IMG_9089 (resized).JPG

IMG_9090 (resized).JPG

IMG_9092 (resized).JPG

IMG_9091 (resized).JPG

IMG_9093 (resized).JPG

#2238 3 years ago

Congrats! Never understood why someone would put LED's in the pf and not in the backbox...

#2239 3 years ago

I never understand why someone would put LEDs in a WH20!
It sucks the character out of it,
I dont care tho.mine looks lovely and warm!

#2240 3 years ago

Definitely can't put leds in the topper. Takes the waterfall affect away

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Definitely can't put leds in the topper. Takes the waterfall affect away

That's a bull shit statement...LED's work awesome in the topper.

#2242 3 years ago

Agree this machine looks ghastly with cold tones. Mine came with GI and insert LEDs. Replaced the GI with incandescents and the colours looked 100% better, bought an LED OCD for the inserts as they look ok.

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

When I used the topper LED's from Cointaker, the waterfall effect was gone. Their kit was alternating cool white and blue which did not work. I switched it to all cool white and it looks fantastic.

#2244 3 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

When I used the topper LED's from Cointaker, the waterfall effect was gone. Their kit was alternating cool white and blue which did not work. I switched it to all cool white and it looks fantastic.

I ended up putting a blue to the left and right of the center bulb w/ the rest as incandescent and it worked really well for me.

#2245 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I never understand why someone would put LEDs in a WH20!
It sucks the character out of it,
I dont care tho.mine looks lovely and warm!

I agree, if not done correctly it will look like shit. However, LED technology has come a long way since those cold ugly LEDs. Mine has new Comet Warm White installed with an LED OCD board. I doubt you would be able to tell the difference from incandescent other than the LEDs are much brighter and you can see more colours in the playfield pop! My topper I left as incandescent. I like the old fashion bulbs up there. They seem to twinkle more off the waterfall.

#2246 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I took my leds out and like it much better.

#2247 3 years ago

I always thought the issue was the waterfall boards prematurely burned the leds out because of the voltage difference. Not certain on that though. I do know the glm board was designed specifically to facilitate the use of leds in the chase boards.

#2248 3 years ago

Would anyone be willing to send pics of the top of their backbox with a few measurements of what gets cut out? I have the metal plate that goes in front, just not sure how exactly to cut a standard backbox to covert to wh2o.
Thanks!

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Would anyone be willing to send pics of the top of their backbox with a few measurements of what gets cut out? I have the metal plate that goes in front, just not sure how exactly to cut a standard backbox to covert to wh2o.
Thanks!

Check your PM. I sent some of my old one before replacing the cabinet.

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I always thought the issue was the waterfall boards prematurely burned the leds out because of the voltage difference. Not certain on that though. I do know the glm board was designed specifically to facilitate the use of leds in the chase boards.

Not if you use the correct leds. 6.3's bulbs will burn up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chesapeake, VA
$ 209.00
There are 4493 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 90.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside