IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 157.
#2001 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Red is factory, but all us cool folks switch to blue.

I'll hang out over here with the red folks. You know, the people that use white GI lights and don't have a Bumble as their Bigfoot.

#2002 7 years ago

Uff blue switchers are the frikkin worst...those damn people!

I feel a long story aboot how the whirlpool should be blue because water is blue coming on...

#2003 7 years ago

DSC01063_(resized).JPGDSC01063_(resized).JPG

#2004 7 years ago

At least the AFM doesn't look like a steaming pile of shit.

EDIT: er...freezing pile of shit?

#2005 7 years ago

I am a cross breed, I guess. I have blue flasher domes and whirlpool bulbs, but kept regular bulbs in the g.i.

#2006 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I am a cross breed, I guess. I have blue flasher domes and whirlpool bulbs, but kept regular bulbs in the g.i.

Did I purchase my WH2O from you via eBay back in 2011? It was kind of a project, came with decals, not yet installed...

#2007 7 years ago

Not me, never sold one.

#2008 7 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Couple questions for my fellow wh20 owners:
I installed all new ramps and I have a slight ball hang behind Bigfoot where the lower to upper ramp meets the playfield. Part of it was I needed to bend the metal ball guide to meet with the wall of the plastic ramp. The other is the plastic ramp is higher than the wood playfield, but there is a lip right at the end of the ramp. Do others sand this lip down or do I need to leave this lip in place?
On the upper playfield, how far out should the flipper be when at rest? Someone came over and told me it was adjusted too far in.
Thanks!
I love this game

See my post #1815 on page 37 of this thread. I go into some good detail about how I ended up resolving this. It took me a long time to figure it all out.

#2009 7 years ago

I like blue LED on just the water ramps. Looks a lot better than the stock white lights and dumb red ones in the whirlpool.

#2010 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Wow that cab refresh is great work!!
May I also ask how you did it as mine is in a similar condition, how difficult was it to achieve that result?
Cheers.

Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Looks great mate. Did you air brush it?

Nah nothing that involved but my method could be considered a little controversial. I used a $16 pack of textas. Have to use a tissue to wipe over it when done to remove the stroke marks. If done right you can't tell and because it's somewhat transparent it allows the shading to come through. Not sure how well it will hold up over time but looks great IMO.
Certainly not the best method but definitely the cheapest. Took a few hours to do both sides.

#2011 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Not me, never sold one.

Sorry, had ya confused with somebody else. Old age kicking in

#2012 7 years ago

DSC01053.JPGDSC01053.JPG

#2013 7 years ago

I can't stand the ice White Water but to each their own. I would personally never buy one that has been converted to winter.

The red LEDs for the whirlpool make sense because the whirlpool LED on the upper PF (sign) is also red. However, I've been thinking of using Comet's ICE blue for the whirlpool. Regular blue is too damn blue, but ice or light blue is not as drastic.

#2014 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I can't stand the ice White Water but to each their own. I would personally never buy one that has been converted to winter.
The red LEDs for the whirlpool make sense because the whirlpool LED on the upper PF (sign) is also red. However, I've been thinking of using Comet's ICE blue for the whirlpool. Regular blue is too damn blue, but ice or light blue is not as drastic.

We did just that.
We have Comet's Ice blue under the whirlpool and in a few choice spots under the upper ramps. All the rest are cool white.
I think it looks great. Not overly blue but gets the water point across on the ramps and whirlpool.

#2015 7 years ago

The winter theme is so stupid,
Its a crime against pinball
its like converting an original donkey kong to a 2 player street fighter with a 16x9 lcd screen and light up buttons.

#2016 7 years ago
Quoted from Gruntis:

Nah nothing that involved but my method could be considered a little controversial. I used a $16 pack of textas. Have to use a tissue to wipe over it when done to remove the stroke marks. If done right you can't tell and because it's somewhat transparent it allows the shading to come through. Not sure how well it will hold up over time but looks great IMO.
Certainly not the best method but definitely the cheapest. Took a few hours to do both sides.

Sorry for the ignorance, but what the heck are Textas??
PS Your touch up looks fabulous!

#2017 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Here is the link to a short video I put up of the LEDs in my WH2O:

#2018 7 years ago

I'm sold on the ice blue in the whirlpool hole. Thanks for putting up the vid! You definitely need Herg's LED OCD board to smooth out the LEDs but overall I think it looks very nice. It's funny, but I have white LEDs under the RIVER letters and blue under the BIGFOOT targets right now. I bought the pin like this. I wasn't going to swap out the blue on BIGFOOT but after seeing your vid I definitely will. The white stands out much more. Thanks again!

#2019 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Here is the link to a short video I put up of the LEDs in my WH2O:
» YouTube video

What's going on on the back Boulder behind the whirlpool is lit sign? Mint looking game, I can't imagine that being white tape holding the boulder together?

#2020 7 years ago

LOL, lots of negative reaction to my icy cold White Water. No prob at all. I don't normally deviate from original when fixing up a game, but I played a couple of WH2O's about 5 years ago where this had been done and I thought they were pretty cool looking (no pun intended). So I decided to take the plunge (no pun intended). It was kind of a snowball effect (no pun intended). I mean, once you put in the icy white mountains, they look best lit from underneath with blue accents... and once you've done that, Bumble fits in better than Nord-Squatch. It doesn't sound right at all (white water rafting at the north pole?), but it looks pretty neat in person, particularly with low ambient lighting, and it's completely reversible. But yeah, all in the eye of the beholder. One thing that doesn't work out well is when you illuminate the waterfall with intense blue LEDs. That's way over the top (no pun intended). Stick with white incandescents there.

#2021 7 years ago

Never mind the haters Paul. Do what YOU like. It's your game afterall. Personally, I think it looks COOL!

Todd

#2022 7 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

LOL, lots of negative reaction to my icy cold White Water. No prob at all.

You know how we do in this club...just having some fun

Now if you'll excuse me I have to get some eye surgery

#2023 7 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Sorry for the ignorance, but what the heck are Textas??
PS Your touch up looks fabulous!

Just an Australian way of saying permanent markers,like magic markers I think.

#2024 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What's going on on the back Boulder behind the whirlpool is lit sign? Mint looking game, I can't imagine that being white tape holding the boulder together?

Not sure what you are referring to.

I have a light strip in the back plugged into one of the sockets in the back right corner to light up the mountain more. Might be glare off the glass since I didn't take it off for the video. I did this video because I have seen some real gaudy light schemes. Game is not mind, but has a plastic playfield protector on both the main and upper playfields. I love it as it makes it shiny.

#2025 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I'm sold on the ice blue in the whirlpool hole. Thanks for putting up the vid! You definitely need Herg's LED OCD board to smooth out the LEDs but overall I think it looks very nice. It's funny, but I have white LEDs under the RIVER letters and blue under the BIGFOOT targets right now. I bought the pin like this. I wasn't going to swap out the blue on BIGFOOT but after seeing your vid I definitely will. The white stands out much more. Thanks again!

I have the OCD board in my LOTR, but not one for WH2O as it doesn't bother me that much. I may get one someday. The LEDs behind the blue targets are blue flex heads and the ones UNDER the RIVER letters are actually cyan (they look more green IRL). I have never found a good color for the Bigfoot targets. Maybe Brown LEDs would work well?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2026 7 years ago

I can't decide on doing inside art blades or mirror blades on my WH20. Anybody do the blue mirror blades???

#2027 7 years ago

Hallmark has this new snoopy riding a raft ornament, thought it might make a cool mode for whitewater

snoopy_(resized).jpgsnoopy_(resized).jpg

#2028 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I can't decide on doing inside art blades or mirror blades on my WH20. Anybody do the blue mirror blades???

Here is some art blades

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2029 7 years ago

1 dark photo? Could you post the other side too? With the lights in the room on? Please.

#2030 7 years ago

Lol pretty bossy asking for a favor...here's one more I have on my phone..if it's not good enough for you then oh well

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2031 7 years ago

Does anybody have an idea of a fair price for a nice condition original translite? Picked up the 3d one and I feel like kind of a hoarder holding onto the original.

Or should I hang on to it?

The machine itself is pretty nice with matching original boards and great PF. Cheers.

#2032 7 years ago

As a note of consideration.

Selling an "iceberg" WH20 is problematic.

Most collectors do not want the game. Neither do any reputable dealers. Essentially these type of modifications SIGNIFICANTLY devalue the machine as the amount of work to restore the factory specifications is not worth the time or expense.

There is a WH20 that has been sitting on CL for over 6+ months, obscenely priced I might add, exactly like these type of machines, with incomplete white powdercoating.

It looks terrible.
You cannot see the playfield at all.
My recommendation is don't do it, unless you intend to have this become a "cold deserted island" personal machine.

00x0x_cKqpynalt74_600x450_(resized).jpg00x0x_cKqpynalt74_600x450_(resized).jpg

#2033 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Does anybody have an idea of a fair price for a nice condition original translite? Picked up the 3d one and I feel like kind of a hoarder holding onto the original.
Or should I hang on to it?
The machine itself is pretty nice with matching original boards and great PF. Cheers.

Hang it on your wall in a frame.

#2034 7 years ago

Playing this game again at CAX this weekend encouraged me to stay the course and wait patiently in line for a good example to join this club.
Please save a seat on the raft you lucky dogs.

#2035 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

As a note of consideration.
Selling an "iceberg" WH20 is problematic.
Most collectors do not want the game. Neither do any reputable dealers. Essentially these type of modifications SIGNIFICANTLY devalue the machine as the amount of work to restore the factory specifications is not worth the time or expense.
There is a WH20 that has been sitting on CL for over 6+ months, obscenely priced I might add, exactly like these type of machines, with incomplete white powdercoating.
It looks terrible.
You cannot see the playfield at all.
My recommendation is don't do it, unless you intend to have this become a "cold deserted island" personal machine.

I disagree -- that wh2o has been sitting because it's way overpriced -- not so much because of the ice bath. It makes no sense but I do think it looks pretty cool actually. Plenty of players would buy the machine at a reasonable price -- not everyone is a collector or goes over each pin purchase with a magnifying glass or only buys stock games. Just don't think your adding $1000 of value by doing the white treatment though..

#2036 7 years ago

The same statements were made about EMs, early SS, and conversion kits both pinball and other coin operated devices for the past 50 years.

Covert the game to make it non-reversible, the owner/operator loses. We are not talking about rethemes, but the same basic results apply. Most of these games were junked later, and ultimately parted out unless they were exceptionally well done. Sometimes they were not even salvageable and dumper binned. That includes in many cases "creative" cabinet repaints.

Does anyone realize the number of upright games for example that were turned video poker machines? Extreme maybe, same concept.

The cost to restore in parts and labor is prohibitive. If an owner does not care, they should not complain later they cannot sell the machine. I get tired of pointing out multiple examples for justification, because I don't feel like arguing anymore. They was just the most obvious recent example. It was absolutely appallingly hideous and I know the owner.

If you want want something to be "collectable" don't massively mod the game in manner that makes indistinguishable from the original concept. This applies to every single hobby in existence.

Certainly don't expect a game to be worth $3K higher than NIB cost made in the last 5 years due to mods.

If you do not agree, no issues.
The secondary market compass points the direction.
There has been an increase in this hobby of collectors by an average of a +30% gain every year for the past 10 years. They don't want this crap, especially on a WH20 that has roughly only around 4500 left now after the original production. If an owner wants how we figure this out, ask me.

#2037 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Playing this game again at CAX this weekend encouraged me to stay the course and wait patiently in line for a good example to join this club.
Please save a seat on the raft you lucky dogs.

I played it too to see how it compaires to my own. Normally the game has three balls in it. The one at CAX had only two for some reason. Weird when there is a vendor selling balls cheap nearby.

#2038 7 years ago

Any one know where I'd get a full set of pf plastics?
All seem to be out of stock

#2039 7 years ago

Just checked Bay Area Amusement's site and they say they are in stock.
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-WH2O31-1726

#2040 7 years ago

Thanks,
The shipping to Ireland is robbery.
about 50 dollers.
I bought a set for another game from the states recently and it was $30

#2041 7 years ago

I haven't seen anyone post these pin blades I got off Ebay a few years ago. I like them, the boulders blend blend into the stickers to add depth.

IMG_5699_(resized).JPGIMG_5699_(resized).JPG
IMG_5703_(resized).JPGIMG_5703_(resized).JPG
IMG_5701_(resized).JPGIMG_5701_(resized).JPG

#2042 7 years ago

Boulder blades! Those look great!

#2043 7 years ago

Those blades are much better. Where can I get those?

#2044 7 years ago

Still love my pingraffix blades

IMG_20160511_154546767_(resized).jpgIMG_20160511_154546767_(resized).jpg

#2045 7 years ago

I'm still on the PinGraffix boat too. I like the green the trees add to the overall look.

#2046 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

I haven't seen anyone post these pin blades I got off Ebay a few years ago. I like them, the boulders blend blend into the stickers to add depth.

These are the same ones I've had for awhile too. I quite like them.

#2047 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

If you want want something to be "collectable" don't massively mod the game in manner that makes indistinguishable from the original concept. This applies to every single hobby in existence.
Certainly don't expect a game to be worth $3K higher than NIB cost made in the last 5 years due to mods.
If you do not agree, no issues.

I do agree with this BK -- both these statements. I was just saying that you have your stock/collectible folks and you have your players folks.. I still think there's plenty of people that would buy the machine in white-out mode -- just not at the crazy asking price. Bring it down to regular Wh20 territory and I would have no problem buying it (if I didn't already have one). But yeah.. doing "restore" on it to ice-world and asking 7 or 8k as a collectible (or whatever it was listed at) is crazy.

#2048 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Still love my pingraffix blades

Me too. The trees make it stand out a bit more. Really goes well with the whole wilderness theme of the pin. Love it.

Don't forget to add the raft too!

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#2049 7 years ago

Where could you find that raft? Also, what is the newest/best ROM version?

#2050 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Where could you find that raft? Also, what is the newest/best ROM version?

Home Rom - LH6

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
17,250 (OBO)
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 44.95
Hardware
RavSpec
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.