New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,266 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG
DSC_1222 (resized).JPG
DSC_1223 (resized).JPG

There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 106.
#151 7 years ago

Is WHITEWATER a difficult pin of repair?
In my whirl pool, ball spins too much and does not fall immediately.
I was able to count up to ten seconds.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from doro-mini:

Could be a leveling issue. What you should do (in my novice opinion) is remove the upper playfiled and all of the ramps. Get a 6" level and put it directly on the playfield, both at the front and the back. Get it leveled. With the upper playfield on there its hard to get the back end leveled as well because there's no place to put the level for a reading, that's why it's good to get the game leveled when the upper playfield is off.

While you're at it clean everything with Novus 1 (and Novus 2 in the rougher areas), replace all the rubber, and put Cliffy (and maybe mantis) protectors on it. Then wax it and reassemble. Put new pinballs in.

You pretty much need to do all the cleaning and whatnot anyway. In my experience the leveling can greatly affect the amount of time the ball stays in the Whirlpool. If you want to put in reproduction ramps (they cost around $600) or reproduction boulders, this is the time to do that too.

#153 7 years ago

Doro, if you are doing a overhaul on the machine and need to buy new parts, White Water is probably one of the most expensive to revamp with boulders, ramps, bulbs, etc. Just ask me I am in the middle of overhauling a White Water. Very pricey, but a fun machine when finished. As Jam said, clean and wax everything, makes a huge difference.

#154 7 years ago

If anyone has a door/front cabinet decal available to sell please shoot me a pm.
Thanks
Todd

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from doro-mini:

I would say you are lucky! I WISH my ball would spin around in the ramp that long. 3 rotations is the norm for mine.

#156 7 years ago

i put all new ramps in and the ball basically just falls into the whirlpool now. I am hoping as the ramp gets some wear, it will grab the ball more so it can spin....opposite of waxing!

#157 7 years ago

Just play it for a while ,Enjoy it as is ,toy with adjusting the levelers to see if that has an effect.

#158 7 years ago

Thank you all.
I tried waxing. It seemed to become slightly better.
This is the present conditions.

#159 7 years ago

doro-mini,

Ok thats way to long to drain. Might want to consider a new ramp.
Anybody else agree?

#160 7 years ago

Just a little observation i made a few weeks ago I thought i would share with you guys. I've had my WH2O for a little over a year now and just noticed a lighting feature during whirlpool challenge. You need 6 whirlpools to complete the challenge, each one you hit will make 1 of the whirlpool lights go solid instead of the normal flashing circling effect. So after your 5th whirlpool during the challenge you'll have 5 solid whirlpool lights and one flashing. Kinda funny, it's probably the mode i play the most (defaulted 1st) and didn't notice it till about a month ago.

#161 7 years ago

doro and skypilot, that is a long time for that ball to drain in the whirlpool ramp, maybe the ramp has swirls in the plastic which the ball is getting hooked into? My ball takes about 4 to 5 seconds and honestly I should get a new whirl pool ramp. Question for you guys, can you take a picture of the upper play field. Next to the Dennis Nordman Monkey, There is a light bulb with the rubber sling shot looking bumper to the left of the flipper. Is there supposed to be a metal guard protecting the bulb or just that white bumper? I keep breaking the bulb with the ball when its on the upper play field. Can you take a picture of the area with the white rubber sling shot protector? I want to make sure that mine is correct. Thanks

#162 7 years ago

This help?

General_Pinball_010.jpg

#163 7 years ago

Skypilot, thanks for the picture, do you ever bust your bulb with the ball. that looks exactly like the way mine is setup.

#164 7 years ago

and mine aswell

You wont shoot that bulb, never happened on mine, and i had some hard-pinners on it

#165 7 years ago

Mmm, is it a feeling same as Sky? The kind of the light bulb is different.

4534.jpg

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

do you ever bust your bulb with the ball

No I have not.

Quoted from doro-mini:

The kind of the light bulb is different

That's a frosted LED. WH2O was one of my first machines. I really haven't done much with it outside of playing it. I threw a few LED's in it when I first got it (they look like crap).I have everything I need to do a nice restoration on it but I cant bring myself to take it out of my line-up

#167 7 years ago

I have popped the cap off that exact LED that I have in the game there. But that never happened until I adjusted the flipper so that it is slight away from the guide that is behind it. I need to move that flipper back to the guide since now it is very difficult to hit insanity falls, but the whirlpool is stupid easy.

#168 7 years ago

I think LED is good. It's going to be a saving of electricity.

#169 7 years ago

FYI, if you put LEDs in the GI then the dimming effects for the game won't work. For example, when you hit "ride the whirlpool" the GI and backbox lights all dim down and the whirlpool lights and flasher light up. There are other dimming effects that get ruined by putting LEDs in the GI or backbox as well.

#170 7 years ago

Sorry for the poor picture but it's the best I've got right now - my White Water at my friend's wedding, at the top of the Sorrento Hotel.

<3 White Water

WP_000068.jpg

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

and mine aswell
You wont shoot that bulb, never happened on mine, and i had some hard-pinners on it

This is actually an extremely common bulb to destroy, and it a design flaw in the game. I have blown many, and don't even put one in anymore. That's a nice place for a warm LED as it's easier to deal with the top popping off the LED then the bulb shattering.
Some people like to add an extra rubber to that area in Sky/Doro's pictures.

Actually...I wonder if a LED with no top might work?

#172 7 years ago

doro and skypilot, that is a long time for that ball to drain in the whirlpool ramp, maybe the ramp has swirls in the plastic which the ball is getting hooked into? My ball takes about 4 to 5 seconds and honestly I should get a new whirl pool ramp. Question for you guys, can you take a picture of the upper play field. Next to the Dennis Nordman Monkey, There is a light bulb with the rubber sling shot looking bumper to the left of the flipper. Is there supposed to be a metal guard protecting the bulb or just that white bumper? I keep breaking the bulb with the ball when its on the upper play field. Can you take a picture of the area with the white rubber sling shot protector? I want to make sure that mine is correct. Thanks

Yours is correct from the factory just one rubber ring.
The fix to stop breaking the bulb is to double up the rubber rings.

WH2OBlbrs_010.jpg

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

The fix to stop breaking the bulb is to double up the rubber rings.

I doubled up those rings and the bulb blew an hour later
What the hell man give me a break

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I doubled up those rings and the bulb blew an hour later
What the hell man give me a break

Mine hasn't broken yet with 2 rings on there and it was played non stop @ PAGG for 3 days.
My next plan was going be installing a post like the one that screws in between flippers next to it but so far so good.
What did you do to piss off the pingods?

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

What did you do to piss off the pingods?

Every game is diff'rent...I've never had any problems with the lock targets breaking which a lot of people do...so that's a fine trade off for me

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Every game is diff'rent...I've never had any problems with the lock targets breaking which a lot of people do...so that's a fine trade off for me

Mine has a hidden magnet somewhere I can't find, when WW says "Head for the blinkin' lights" the magnet sends the ball SDTM.

I replaced the foam behind the lock targets with drop dead stuff from Pinbits and filed the front and back of the new PF to move the ramp protectors back and the targets forward so no more broken targets.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Mine has a hidden magnet somewhere I can't find, when WW says "Head for the blinkin' lights" the magnet sends the ball SDTM.

Mine has a hidden magnet that drains the ball as soon as I get Bigfoot hotfoot to start.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Mine has a hidden magnet that drains the ball as soon as I get Bigfoot hotfoot to start.

Lol, mine has that too!

#179 7 years ago

TheLaw, same with me, I blew the bulb twice in two days, I saw something starting to smoke and immediately turned the machine off thinking something was frying or breaking underneath the play field, then I noticed the broken bulb with glass on the play field and in the light socket. I changed the bulb to an LED, so far I have had luck with that. Also I will try the doubling up with the sling shot rubbers to see if that makes a difference. From the factory does anyone know if it had one or two rubber sling shot rubbers around those posts on the top of the play field? I thought it only had one. Just curious. When I bought my machine, it was in pretty bad shape and instead of any rubber around the posts, someone installed a metal guide around that area and removed the rubbers to protect the area. Hack job.

#180 7 years ago

Tracelifter, just re-read your post about the one ring from the factory. Thx

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

From the factory does anyone know if it had one or two rubber sling shot rubbers around those posts on the top of the play field?

someone installed a metal guide around that area and removed the rubbers to protect the area. Hack job.

Factory it only had 1.

A new metal guide piece? Maybe the original one that's up there was just put on backwards or something? Just guessing.

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

magnet sends the ball SDTM.

All my games have this feature,still trying to figure out how to turn it off.

#183 7 years ago

Never had a problem with that bulb on my WH2O, 500+ games added to it at PAGG this year. If having real problems with it lower the socket down a bit with spacers (if room) or just put a CT super bright in the socket, very little will stick above the playfield.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Out-West:

If having real problems with it lower the socket down a bit with spacers

Good idea.

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is actually an extremely common bulb to destroy, and it a design flaw in the game. I have blown many, and don't even put one in anymore. That's a nice place for a warm LED

True.The doubling of the rubber is a good idea.I was breaking bulbs and getting stuck balls jamming under the rubber until I lowered the the rubber out of the post grooves,problem solved.

With the lock targets.I was getting too many airballs,then one broke.I replaced them with flat rectangle green stand ups.They dont look as good,but the game plays flat and fast.I did the same with AFM's martian T and I targets.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

My mystery magnet forces a drain the moment I get awarded an extra ball.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

My mystery magnet forces a drain the moment I get awarded an extra ball.

Not much mystery there...a classic screw job!

#188 7 years ago

we all know that the extra ball target was strategically placed

#189 7 years ago

Exxxtra Baaa.. *bonus count sound effect*

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

do you ever bust your bulb with the ball. t

Yep, broke mine three times and now has a short / flush mounted blue LED.

#191 7 years ago

I've had 2 WH2O's and I've never broken that bulb. I've probably played close to a 1000 games. I wonder if there's something set up or alligned wacky on the ones that easily break those bulbs. How are you even hitting that spot?

#192 7 years ago

Double rubbers help ( as is in any high risk situation).

Snappy flipper and a shot to the bulb I could break the bulb pretty consistently with a bad shot.
LED's fixed it.

#193 7 years ago

My whirl pool is dying.
It is getting worse whenever it adjusts.
Before replacing parts, I think I even want to put a real magnet.
However, when I put the magnet really, what negative impact on the other equipment?

#194 7 years ago

Doro, no magnet, just order a new ramp from James at pinball inc. he lists all his distributors.

#195 7 years ago

OK
I think that is going to buy along with the other parts.
Magnet? It is foolish....

#196 7 years ago

Here's Mine!

002.JPG

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorf:

Here's Mine!

Your play field looks very beautiful.
Did you make an effort for maintenance?

The scratches of the wooden part are the same as mine. I want to do touch up paint.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from doro-mini:

OK
I think that is going to buy along with the other parts.
Magnet? It is foolish....

Have you leveled it correctly? Both front and back? I'm not saying that's necessarily it, but the leveling can affect the length of time in the Whirlpool big time!

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Have you leveled it correctly? Both front and back? I'm not saying that's necessarily it, but the leveling can affect the length of time in the Whirlpool big time!

Yes, I tried it. But was not much different.
I think my ramp is a little crooked.
I gave up and purchased a new Ramp.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from doro-mini:

I gave up and purchased a new Ramp.

Make sure to look at the manual on how to uninstall the Upper Playfield' It needs to come off to replace the whirlpool ramp.
That's actually a good thing as that will allow you do get in the hard to reach areas and do some cleaning that is probably needed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 47.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mesa, AZ
$ 209.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside