Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 157.
#1901 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lot more issues than that...but for $1400 not a complaint will be heard; Welcome!

I know right?
The MPU board was so full of green crud it was incredible.
But I have a shiny new Rottendog bare bones board on the way so I can transfer my Asic chip and game Rom over to it.
Just need to know where to get these connectors and pins.
Looks like they are pinned and not IDC like the larger ones on the other boards.

#1902 7 years ago

Really nice find, Arcade. I'm jealous!

Speaking of ROMs, does anyone have any experience with using the home Roms? Are they a significant update to the latest revision of the standard Roms?

#1903 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Speaking of ROMs, does anyone have any experience with using the home Roms? Are they a significant update to the latest revision of the standard Roms?

I was wondering the same thing, what is the best ROM for home use? I think mine is running L4 right now...

#1905 7 years ago

The home ROMs add a ball saver for sure. I believe it also correctly uses the Hold Bonus to carry your River Class over....ha I've talked aboot the ROMs so much I confuse myself though. Just type ROMs in the search thread and see what we get

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tq=ROM&tu

#1906 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just need to know where to get these connectors and pins.

Great Plains Electronics will have everything you need. Great place to deal with.

#1907 7 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Great Plains Electronics will have everything you need. Great place to deal with.

Thanks. I will check them out.
Anyone know what size pins and connectors?

#1908 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Anyone know what size pins and connectors?

Yes, they are 0.100"

#1909 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Here is a photo before and after the first preliminary cleaning.
Playfield is nice but both cabinet sides are pretty faded in the lettering.

Completely restorable, good job with the "big game hunter hat" on.

#1910 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I will order the new parts tonight.
I am still in disbelief that a Whitewater fell in my lap at such a great price.
Guess the days of great deals are not completely gone.

#1911 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just rejoined the club two days ago.
Scored a garage find Whitewater for only $1400!!!
Only issue was the typical battery corrosion from non pinball people leaving a game in a garage for a year.
Now I have to replace the smaller size female plugs on the bottom of the MPU board.
Photo below.
Are these the .100 size or the .156 size? Can't remember which is the small one but guessing I need the .100
Also who sells the housing and pins. I already have a crimper tool.

You can buy them through Digikey for cheap. They have the housing, pins and spacers.

L5 has the BONUS HELD glitch and no ball save. This is the one I use as I find it more challenging.

#1912 7 years ago

Excellent score, congratulations. The big question - does it have the topper ?

#1913 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I was wondering the same thing, what is the best ROM for home use? I think mine is running L4 right now...

LH6 (the home rom) is the only one that fixes the Hold Bonus issue. It fixes a bunch of other stuff too but that's the main fix. It does add a ball save feature but I turn that off.

#1914 7 years ago

My White Water still has never said "Ya Wiener" yet. It's supposed to say that about every 15 games or so but mine doesn't. My friend also has a WW and it says it randomly about 15 games. He is running LH5 Roms. I am running LH6 Roms. I'm wondering if it is a setting somewhere or a Rom issue to turn this random thing on? So weird.

#1915 7 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Excellent score, congratulations. The big question - does it have the topper ?

Yes. Working topper with dome.
However, they did put 555 bulbs in it which of course burnt out and turned a nice sliver color. I have some #194 bulbs on order already.

#1916 7 years ago

If I upgrade from L4 to LH6, is there anything else I need to do other than pop the LH6 ROM chip in?

1 week later
#1917 7 years ago

Hello all..my first WH2O.
Seems to have everything but the wire shooter ramp. Any clue where I can get a shooter ramp?

#1918 7 years ago
Quoted from Anetpaul10:

Seems to have everything but the wire shooter ramp. Any clue where I can get a shooter ramp?

Do you mean the main wire form off the plunger?

#1919 7 years ago

Yes the main wire form ramp. (Of all the ramps to not have. ?)!!

#1920 7 years ago
Quoted from Anetpaul10:

"Houston we have a problem..."

This is going to be very difficult, as a parted game or having it remade will be the only answer. These ramps were never remade and never will be as the wireforms can be spot welded repaired. This is unlike the "popper" wireform got busted up pretty badly and was easier to reproduce.

Have another local owner let you borrow their ramp and take it to a metal shop for fabrication, and then have it nickel plated. This is the easiest way, unless their are a few NOS still floating around. At one point, I remember owning an extra set of wireforms, but that was 15+ years ago.

#1921 7 years ago

....15 years? Well that's not long at all --- get down in the basement and find those wireforms. They are probably just sitting under a pin. (Lol)

Anyway...thanks for the advice. It's at least something I can do instead of sitting around waiting for one to just show up. Now just have to find someone local willing to open up their machine for me....one battle at a time.

#1922 7 years ago

this is two homemade mods from my WW

DSCN4442.JPGDSCN4442.JPG

DSCN4428.JPGDSCN4428.JPG

#1923 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

If I upgrade from L4 to LH6, is there anything else I need to do other than pop the LH6 ROM chip in?

No just swap it out and that's it. Simples

#1924 7 years ago
Quoted from dylandog:

To each their own, but I can honestly say I would rip both of those out immediately
A truck in a river?

#1925 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

To each their own, but I can honestly say I would rip both of those out immediately
A truck in a river?

Its a Russian logging truck like in "SpinTires". They get stuck in water and mud all the time.

#1926 7 years ago
Quoted from dylandog:

What lights do you have in the topper? If they are LEDs, how well do they work?

#1927 7 years ago

Ok guys. Help me out a bit.
The Whitewater manual shows a rubber ring stretched across the top two post like in the photo.
However this make no sense to me because the ball would only make it in the lower area from a left flipper tip shot and why would anyone ever shoot that shot just to hit a couple of stand up switches?
So I just put on post rings like the other photo shows so the ball can get in there from the pops as well.
Has the manual lost its mind or me?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1928 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Ok guys. Help me out a bit.
The Whitewater manual shows a rubber ring stretched across the top two post like in the photo.
However this make no sense to me because the ball would only make it in the lower area from a left flipper tip shot and why would anyone ever shoot that shot just to hit a couple of stand up switches?
So I just put on post rings like the other photo shows so the ball can get in there from the pops as well.
Has the manual lost its mind or me?

The reason was because many drains were happening down the right side. The manual is correct,but you can put two post rubbers as you did and that should work equally, just be aware that you may get more right side drains.

#1929 7 years ago

I leave the rubber in there. That's the way it is in the manual.

#1930 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies.
So far I like added challenge of the ball ending up in that area.
I have not had a lot of right lane drains because of it.
It is pretty easy to pop it to safety.
And that area seems like a huge waste of space with the rubber keeping the ball out.
But I can see how people might like the added safety.
That said, one reason I did it, is because my son happens to be last years State Champion and even though our opto is broken making the left ramp shots not register at all, he was still able to beat the game and complete his vacation planner on his third game.
Not an easy thing to do without a left ramp active.
We keep all our games set as hard as we can or he would be playing all day.

#1931 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks for the replies.
So far I like added challenge of the ball ending up in that area.
I have not had a lot of right lane drains because of it.
It is pretty easy to pop it to safety.
And that area seems like a huge waste of space with the rubber keeping the ball out.
But I can see how people might like the added safety.
That said, one reason I did it, is because my son happens to be last years State Champion and even though our opto is broken making the left ramp shots not register at all, he was still able to beat the game and complete his vacation planner on his third game.
Not an easy thing to do without a left ramp active.
We keep all our games set as hard as we can or he would be playing all day.

Using the kickback targets and the disaster drop ramp are how I often make the left ramp shot. You may want to take out the post above the pop bumper as it will give more action that way. No point in it being there if you aren't going to have the rubber across it.

#1932 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Using the kickback targets and the disaster drop ramp are how I often make the left ramp shot. You may want to take out the post above the pop bumper as it will give more action that way. No point in it being there if you aren't going to have the rubber across it.

Good idea.
Thanks

#1933 7 years ago

I'm running sans posts in that area, no complaints here.

#1934 7 years ago

Finished installing this little guy. Best mod ever haha.

#1935 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I know right? Love that mod and it goes perfect there.

#1936 7 years ago

Looks great and where did you get that from?

#1937 7 years ago

I got the mini raft guys from here: http://amzn.to/1rv8vFI

Quoted from mwong168:

Looks great and where did you get that from?

Raft_(resized).jpgRaft_(resized).jpg

#1938 7 years ago

Yup, same here. Takes a minute to ship as it comes from Holland, but a no brainier for the price.

#1939 7 years ago

Loving the side art as well that's next on my list!

#1940 7 years ago

Hi All,
I'm the proud owner of a Whitewater since about four weeks, it's such a cool game, I am, however, noticing that sometimes during multiball too many balls get into the upkicker and then the coil is not strong enough to kick more than one ball up onto the upper playfield. I've even had three balls in there during Whitewater muliball. Of course when it happens I need to stop the game and pull the balls out with a magnet. I have not yet made an archeological expedition under the upper playfield and I can't really tell from the manual if there is a mechanism which should prevent this and is maybe damaged. Has anybody had this and what was the fix ?

#1941 7 years ago

I have also had a similar problem, during multiball when I get the balls back in skull mountain too quickly the machine struggles to shoot more than one ball it tries to shoot 2 at a time ! eventually it manages to shoot them out but it takes about 5 or 6 attempts.

Quoted from branlon8:Hi All,
I'm the proud owner of a Whitewater since about four weeks, it's such a cool game, I am, however, noticing that sometimes during multiball too many balls get into the upkicker and then the coil is not strong enough to kick more than one ball up onto the upper playfield. I've even had three balls in there during Whitewater muliball. Of course when it happens I need to stop the game and pull the balls out with a magnet. I have not yet made an archeological expedition under the upper playfield and I can't really tell from the manual if there is a mechanism which should prevent this and is maybe damaged. Has anybody had this and what was the fix ?

#1942 7 years ago

If the upkicker assembly is clean then the coil should have enough strength to kick the ball out from the first time. So check it's not dirty..

What most happens is that the ramp itself isn't screwed tight into the playfield anymore. That makes the pinball lose a lot of speed.

#1943 7 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

If the upkicker assembly is clean then the coil should have enough strength to kick the ball out from the first time. So check it's not dirty..
What most happens is that the ramp itself isn't screwed tight into the playfield anymore. That makes the pinball lose a lot of speed.

On mine, the plastic cup had broken off the end of the plunger that kicks the ball up. I believe it's called a bell armature I had to replace and solved the issue. It's plastic, so not the most durable thing.

#1944 7 years ago

Anybody have a spare lost mine kick out sticker they would like to sell?
I could use one. I did not mind paying $7 for the sticker but could not justify the $11 shipping.
If not I will just have to wait until I need something else from their web page.
I emailed Little Shop of Games to see if the could do anything about it and never heard back, so I am guessing no.

#1945 7 years ago

Yup, same here. Takes a minute to ship as it comes from Holland, but a no brainier for the price.

Coming from Holland .... ?
When i try to buy one it says "Will NOT ship to The Netherlands" haha

#1946 7 years ago

Oh snap, I took a look at the box and I got you covered then! Enjoy

http://www.noch.com/en/whitewater-rafting-16818.html

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Coming from Holland .... ?
When i try to buy one it says "Will NOT ship to The Netherlands" haha

#1947 7 years ago

Also my bad, it came from Germany NOT the Netherlands

#1948 7 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

This is correct about the wire ball guide and also look to make sure it is slightly back a tad so the ball does not hit the guide right away but gets more air first then comes in contact with the guide.

#1949 7 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

This is correct about the wire ball guide and also look to make sure it is slightly back a tad so the ball does not hit the guide right away but gets more air first then comes in contact with the guide.

It could also be that the coil bracket is bent below the playfield and needs to be rebent so the stop is supporting it well. This will help it kick up better.

#1950 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

It could also be that the coil bracket is bent below the playfield and needs to be rebent so the stop is supporting it well. This will help it kick up better.

This is very true and forgot about that one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 40.00
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.