• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 157.
#1851 7 years ago

Yeah, it kinda looks flattened out to me.

#1852 7 years ago

This one is made by our Belgium friend Aneas, not flat, recommended

WH2O_boulder_(resized).JPGWH2O_boulder_(resized).JPG

#1853 7 years ago

WANT! How do I order one

#1854 7 years ago

ok, just installed the new matrix LED strips from comet pinball in my mountains and I think it turned out great.

will post photos later today

#1855 7 years ago

I was thinking of doing this also. Any photos of the strips with the mountains removed? I'm interested to see how you layed them out.

#1856 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I was thinking of doing this also. Any photos of the strips with the mountains removed? I'm interested to see how you layed them out.

Ill try to get some photos of the strips, bit of a pain to remove the mountains but the back ones come off pretty e easy

#1857 7 years ago

That GI

#1858 7 years ago

I will be selling this pinball accessory soon.

"The official LED pinball helmet".

FB_IMG_1462356101649_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1462356101649_(resized).jpg

#1859 7 years ago

you dont have to like it, its not for you

#1860 7 years ago

Just picked up mine over the weekend. Still packed away until I can make room in the Gameroom, and the topper has been stowed away to keep my curious cats from getting to it.

Really looking forward to getting it set up!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1862 7 years ago

here are some better photos taken with my camera instead of my phone. Fifty I also have a photo of the strip connected to the back, wires go under the playfield and are connected via gator clips, they can also be connected by bayonet mount or wedge mount as well

photo_4_(resized).jpgphoto_4_(resized).jpg
photo_6_(resized).jpgphoto_6_(resized).jpg
photo_7_(resized).jpgphoto_7_(resized).jpg
photo5_(resized).jpgphoto5_(resized).jpg
photo_2_(resized).jpgphoto_2_(resized).jpg
photo_3_(resized).jpgphoto_3_(resized).jpg

#1863 7 years ago

Thanks for these! That looks pretty easy to do!

#1864 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Thanks for these! That looks pretty easy to do!

yes it is very easy

#1865 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I will be selling this pinball accessory soon.
"The official LED pinball helmet".

as soon as its for sell I am in, just cant wait to have a virtual LED helmet so cool
"the World looks mighty good to me when LED's are all I see"

#1866 7 years ago

Cool white is so nice on this machine, but most people tend to use a lot of blue or teal. The ice blue also looks good mixed in with the cool white. I'll try to post some pics this weekend.

#1867 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Cool white is so nice on this machine, but most people tend to use a lot of blue or teal. The ice blue also looks good mixed in with the cool white. I'll try to post some pics this weekend.

Looking forward too seeing it, was considering putting white in places myself

#1868 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I agree. The previous owner for my WH2O installed blue LEDs and I can't stand it. The PF is too dark, the art doesn't pop, and the plastics are too dark to see the art pop! I've started installing cool white in all the GI, but I will probably leave the ice blue LEDs behind the RIVER letters and in other specific spots.

What do you guys do for the whirlpool? The original is red correct? I assume this is to match the red bulb cover on the upper PF? Mine is currently blue and I don't like it.

#1869 7 years ago

I put purple in my whirlpool. It looks ok but i may experment with other colors

#1870 7 years ago

Original Red in Whirlpool for sure

#1871 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Do you mean like the this "iceberg" WH20?
The HMS Titanic was sunk by this particular machine.
The LEDs were unfortunately not bright enough to warn the crew and passengers.

Compare this to the original factory game playfield design, the art on this machine was turned invisible.
$2k+ down the WH20 whirlpool.
Game went up for sale for over $8K, but it did not sell for anywhere remotely near that price.
The owner learned a valuable lesson from the event.
"Less is more".

eab73294a41fbb79f3de5ebcc4ba11caff465eb8_(resized).jpgeab73294a41fbb79f3de5ebcc4ba11caff465eb8_(resized).jpg
wh2opf_(resized).jpgwh2opf_(resized).jpg

What were they thinking?

#1872 7 years ago

I think it does the cold theme well

#1873 7 years ago

Just listed my White Water in the marketplace. Looking to fund my GB Premium that i have pre-ordered. Let me know if you have any questions or want some more pictures.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/34270

-Pete

#1874 7 years ago

I decided to do a video instead of pictures. The video can be seen below:

I received a phone call during the video, so I had to cut it short. If anyone wants me to take pictures or further details, let me know.

LED list:
GI - Mostly cool white with some ice blues from Comet pinball
Under Reds & Yellows - Use Warm White LEDs
Behind transparent blue targets - blue LEDs with flex heads pointed at the targets
bigfoot targets - Cool whites
RIVER letters - cyan
Under mountains - cool whites
whirlpool - ice blues

#1875 7 years ago

That looks sick! Are the GI the twin head bulbs or just SMD?

#1876 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

That looks sick! Are the GI the twin head bulbs or just SMD?

Thanks! The GI is a mix of the following:
SMD clear and frosted mixed. Some are single old frosted cool white LEDs from Pinball Life, but many were switch to fluted or clear cool whites from Comet pinball. The fluted are not frosted on top (though I think they may be now), but I put a small white label on the top of each to avoid having a spotlight on the plastics above the fluted ones.

The GI behind the blue transparent targets are single flex head blues (I think, will check later). You could do a dual flex head on the edge, because I believe there are only 4 bayonets behind the 5 targets.

The frosted & non-frosted ice blue are from Comet and are great as the light matches the blue on the playfield. The whirlpool is frosted ice blues and looks great in gameplay.

#1877 7 years ago

BTW, fun fact. My playfield does NOT actually look that great. I have the plastic playfield protector installed.

You can read more about those here: http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/playfieldprotector/index.html

Someone even put up a Pinside poll about them: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protector-full-sheet-plastic

#1878 7 years ago

I think I am liking more and more the idea of white and ice blue mix

#1879 7 years ago

Wow, you really went in-depth with the lighting. I did the same on my F-14 and I find it really pays off. I used 1SMD through out the game, but under the inserts I went with domeless so that I could get the LEDs as close to the inserts as possible. Frosted white for the entire GI and then accented it with 7-LED strips.

For WH2O I'll follow your lead and use the flex LEDs by the RIVER letters. I've already used some flex LEDs on the red inserts for the upper PF. They were hard to get and an flex lit them up best.

Oh, and I bought a Herg LED OCD board for it. That's just the icing on the cake!

#1880 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

For WH2O I'll follow your lead and use the flex LEDs by the RIVER letters. I've already used some flex LEDs on the red inserts for the upper PF. They were hard to get and an flex lit them up best.
Oh, and I bought a Herg LED OCD board for it. That's just the icing on the cake!

I did the same thing for the upper playfield inserts as it is a rough area and you want them to light up really well. Flex heads all the way.

#1881 7 years ago

Just completed a trade for a White Water tonight. I think its a keeper. I am excited to have what I consider one of the best pins ever designed.

#1882 7 years ago

Welcome to the club titown!

#1883 7 years ago

Where can I find that missing plastic?

#1884 7 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

Contact Drano, or do a search on MISSING PLASTIC to pull up the entire thread.

#1885 7 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

Keep in mind the "missing plastic" (mountain) is not really "missing".

It was a concept idea, that never even made it to samples, and was only fabricated for a single prototype.
There was no defined shape of exact dimensions, shape, or size.
Whatever BS ends up being thrown out into the pinball wild about its history, may not have realities of truth in order to jack up prices.
In this case, it pretty much is untrue.

It was a creation of modders in THREE separate variations over the course of over decade+, not reconsidering a remold.
Yes, exactly what I said. It is more an "original mod" versus a "prototype mod".
This is not same as per say the HSII prototype mountain, which was LICENSED from PPS under the Bally/WMS logo, and the original mountain was recast from the prototype.

What you see in photos of individual WH20 games includes everything over the rainbow and back again, including recycled modified mountains from the plastic mountain set. Red West made a nice original design with his accent painting which matched the mountain set well.

I already posted a link for one of the creations.

NOTE: BTW, you never offered the price and sale of TAF conclusion.

#1886 7 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

Got mine from Drano

#1887 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Keep in mind the "missing plastic" (mountain) is not really "missing".

This is two different mods. The missing plastic was created by Drano. The missing mountain you can get through aenaes (sp?)

#1888 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This is two different mods. The missing plastic was created by Drano. The missing mountain you can get through aenaes (sp?)

I do understand that, but I have no idea which mod the poster was referring to in this case.
It was completely unspecific.

The "missing" return lane plastic (Drano) was not a part of the prototype WH20 either.
It was never part of the John Youssi artwork package, but certainly was well done.
Aeneas did not create the first "missing mountain" either (but was also well done), he was one of three different people with three different versions.
More confusion.

The ultimate confusion generally happens is when people start believing that "missing" mods where part of development of a game.
Mods for most machines was completely unheard of as an interest prior to 1999.
Collector's did not care, it was either prototype machine, or it was not.
Some serious collector's wanted prototypes, but most did not give a $#@!, they just wanted a superb quality example.
Most early prototypes have game issues.
Those that did not were "fixed" as samples before being tested on locations, but retained their features, many times TURNED OFF (if mechanical or not included in the game code).

People were not trying to make money of things that did not exist at that time, unlike today.
I do like and applaud creativity, as it promotes the parts market.
However, sometimes this is a misrepresentation to new pinball machine buyers and collectors.
Lately, I have seen WH20 being sold as "has rare missing mountain installed" which infers something inaccurately.

Pinball history has a tendency to be lost now, especially in days prior to modern internet, as many of the original people involved have passed on, got out of industry, and older collectors/hobbyists do not post.

That is partially why I posted the Todd Tuckey's TNT "tag on video" with AGC's Mystery Castle.
At lot of people where not at the 1993 Pinball Expo, when the game was being displayed showing its original development stages.

ADDENDUM DESIGN NOTES: There are no prototype WH20s that I am aware of that had the insanity falls tri-lane rollover ramp, additional installed three bank target (versus two), raft inserts, features inserts, modes, different ramp angle design and curves, or other features shown in the video. This added additional cost to the game, and where cut. Only the parts. I have some of this stuff in boxes, and the part of the artwork. In reality, we are really lucky WMS kept the "waterfall" lenticular decal and topper, and that was being considered for removal as well! Dennis and the rest of the design team really "fought" for that one, as John Youssi had already completed the translite artwork without the WH20 logo, which if the translite had not been already ordered into production, we might have lost that as well like what happened to the DW Dalek "wobble head".

#1889 7 years ago

Uh... The poster simple mentions "missing plastic" so in the Pinside world that is a reference to Drano's mod.

#1890 7 years ago

Finally finished my Bigfoot shooter rod 2.0 sculpt..

20160509_000705_(resized).jpg20160509_000705_(resized).jpg

20160509_000659_(resized).jpg20160509_000659_(resized).jpg

20160509_000636_(resized).jpg20160509_000636_(resized).jpg

#1891 7 years ago

Theblackknight : interesting stuff thank you very much for sharing your knowledge, I love learning about all this stuff...such a fascinating hobby

Pinball customs : wow...what a neat sculpture very very cool

#1892 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Finally finished my Bigfoot shooter rod 2.0 sculpt..

Looks great! Can't wait to see him painted up! You nailed the moustache!

#1893 7 years ago

Pinblades in!

IMG_20160511_154518103_(resized).jpgIMG_20160511_154518103_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160511_154526644_(resized).jpgIMG_20160511_154526644_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160511_154546767_(resized).jpgIMG_20160511_154546767_(resized).jpg

#1894 7 years ago

Those look nice! I'm still waiting on Tilt before I make a final decision.

#1895 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Pinblades in!

I like mine too. I think these are better than the mirror blades for this type of pin.

#1896 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Pinblades in!

Looks like it belongs there by design! Congrats!

(the AFM besides WH2O looks stellar too )

#1897 7 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Looks like it belongs there by design! Congrats!
(the AFM besides WH2O looks stellar too )

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the design until I saw them on a game. I agree, they look like they belong

#1898 7 years ago

Just rejoined the club two days ago.
Scored a garage find Whitewater for only $1400!!!
Only issue was the typical battery corrosion from non pinball people leaving a game in a garage for a year.
Now I have to replace the smaller size female plugs on the bottom of the MPU board.
Photo below.
Are these the .100 size or the .156 size? Can't remember which is the small one but guessing I need the .100
Also who sells the housing and pins. I already have a crimper tool.

IMG_1849_(resized).JPGIMG_1849_(resized).JPG

#1899 7 years ago

Here is a photo before and after the first preliminary cleaning.
Playfield is nice but both cabinet sides are pretty faded in the lettering.

IMG_1844_(resized).JPGIMG_1844_(resized).JPG

IMG_1845_(resized).JPGIMG_1845_(resized).JPG

#1900 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Only issue was ...

Lot more issues than that...but for $1400 not a complaint will be heard; Welcome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

17,250 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.