New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,266 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG
DSC_1222 (resized).JPG
DSC_1223 (resized).JPG

There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 106.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ya threw them in the back of the car?! I would had them wrapped up!

I cringed when I saw that also.

#1802 4 years ago

Looking at your avatar... cringing was not the first thing that came to mind

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

I am liking the ice blue. Very nice job!
Did you happen to prime the stainless steel before painting? I think it would really to have a primer specifically made to adhere to stainless. Typically stainless steel doesn't take paint very well. It really needs a better substrate.

I didnt prime which was a big mistake on my part. But, once I put the clear coat on it it has held up well

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Here's my powder coated bits I picked up last Friday ready to go one once the cab is ready
I put the coin door back together over the weekend.

IMG_3490_(resized).JPGIMG_3462_(resized).JPG

Quoted from jsyjay:

Here's my powder coated bits I picked up last Friday ready to go one once the cab is ready
I put the coin door back together over the weekend.

IMG_3490_(resized).JPGIMG_3462_(resized).JPG

love the color

#1805 4 years ago

I'm glad you guys are so bothered about my powder coats well being!
Thanks nsmith, it was a stock color and matches the decals almost exactly.

#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

'm glad you guys are so bothered about my powder coats well being!

Not bothered but concerned.

#1807 4 years ago

well, learned not to paint on chrome without primer, the paint will not stay on the side rails soooo. Off they will come to get powder coated, but that can wait until next month as I want to just enjoy the game as it is now 100% working. My wife traced the short and fixed it all GI now works woo hoo.

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from jk:

Thanks. Wow, that Boulder set is expensive from ministry. I remember when they were selling them at US sites for $115-$120. If anyone has a spare new set I would be interested.

Check the 'tax free' logo on the site - by default his prices are with 21% VAT added. If you're outside the EU you won't need to pay this.

#1809 4 years ago

so game works great after the rebuild. Ball occasionally gets stuck in the upper play field, may need to adjust the ramp

Don't think this will be part of our permanent collection, but maybe its one of those games that grow on you. We will keep it awhile. Part of the problem it hasn't really caught on with me is the lightning flippers. New flippers on the way. Game looks awesome though

#1810 4 years ago

I put a very thin washer to use as a shim at the ramp exit to prevent the ball stick problem. There is a small gap between the ramp and upper playfield.

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I put a very thin washer to use as a shim at the ramp exit to prevent the ball stick problem. There is a small gap between the ramp and upper playfield.

Ill give it a try thanks

#1812 4 years ago

Ok all this talk about lightning flippers intrigued me. I went to my WH2O and checked and sure enough I have them. What do these do? Are they shorter than standard? My WH2O regularly kicks my ass. Why is the game harder with lightning flippers?

#1813 4 years ago

Yes, lightning flippers are much shorter.

nsmith, you can also purchase the Cliffy protector and that should alleviate the ball getting stuck.

#1814 4 years ago

pablito

those lightning flippers make for some very short games

I put them on due to the original bats being cracked from years of use on route. It is hard to judge the game as I don't think I have had a game last for more then 2 minutes yet.

#1815 4 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

so game works great after the rebuild. Ball occasionally gets stuck in the upper play field, may need to adjust the ramp

Do you have the Cliffy installed up there? Without the Ciffy you'll get a divot that will hang the ball up.

The other thing is the spot between the Spine Chiller ramp and the upper playfield (ESPECIALLY if you you've got a new ramp installed). I struggled with this spot for years using washers, mylar to cover the spot between the ramp and the cliffy, etc. I spent hours trying to get the ramp and the Cliffy lined up exactly so the transition from ramp to Cliffy would be smooth. While I could get it really good, I never entirely eliminated the problem.

So, I finally decided I was going to figure it out. I took the ramp entirely out of the game and tried to see what was going on with the ball traveling off the end of the ramp. With the ramp out I experimented with putting the ball on there and trying to get the ball to hang up. What I learned was that the edge of the ramp itself was causing the hangup! This is critical because common sense would tell you the ball is getting caught in the little crease between where the ramp ends and the Cliffy begins. Not so with(with mine anyway)! There's something about the physics of the ball on the end of the ramp that makes the ball want to stop rather than roll off. There wasn't any "lip" stopping the ball, but for some reason it still wanted to stop right at the end of the ramp (only if traveling very slowly). What I ended up doing is shaving down the 90 degree "drop off" at the end of the ramp to give it a slight downward angle. I then sanded, and used Novus polish so that ended up with a really smooth roll-off at the end of the ramp. I would then go back (again with the ramp entirely out of the game) and see if I could get the ball to hang up. I kept working the end of the ramp and eventually, while the ball would still hang if I positioned the angle of the ramp just right, it was much, much less likely to hang up than before. It actually became challenging to make the ball hang up whereas before it would hang as long as there was very little momentum. When I reinstalled the ramp I retested, trying to get the ball to hang and the situation was greatly improved. Since rounding out the edge of the ramp lip I think I've had one instance (over 100s of games) where the ball hung there. Not only that, but getting the ball unstuck just took a little nudge (whereas before I'd be lifting the whole rear corner of the pin to get the ball free.

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Do you have the Cliffy installed up there? Without the Ciffy you'll get a divot that will hang the ball up.
The other thing is the spot between the Spine Chiller ramp and the upper playfield (ESPECIALLY if you you've got a new ramp installed). I struggled with this spot for years using washers, mylar to cover the spot between the ramp and the cliffy, etc. I spent hours trying to get the ramp and the Cliffy lined up exactly so the transition from ramp to Cliffy would be smooth. While I could get it really good, I never entirely eliminated the problem.
So, I finally decided I was going to figure it out. I took the ramp entirely out of the game and tried to see what was going on with the ball traveling off the end of the ramp. With the ramp out I experimented with putting the ball on there and trying to get the ball to hang up. What I learned was that the edge of the ramp itself was causing the hangup! This is critical because common sense would tell you the ball is getting caught in the little crease between where the ramp ends and the Cliffy begins. Not so with(with mine anyway)! There's something about the physics of the ball on the end of the ramp that makes the ball want to stop rather than roll off. There wasn't any "lip" stopping the ball, but for some reason it still wanted to stop right at the end of the ramp (only if traveling very slowly). What I ended up doing is shaving down the 90 degree "drop off" at the end of the ramp to give it a slight downward angle. I then sanded, and used Novus polish so that ended up with a really smooth roll-off at the end of the ramp. I would then go back (again with the ramp entirely out of the game) and see if I could get the ball to hang up. I kept working the end of the ramp and eventually, while the ball would still hang if I positioned the angle of the ramp just right, it was much, much less likely to hang up than before. It actually became challenging to make the ball hang up whereas before it would hang as long as there was very little momentum. When I reinstalled the ramp I retested, trying to get the ball to hang and the situation was greatly improved. Since rounding out the edge of the ramp lip I think I've had one instance (over 100s of games) where the ball hung there. Not only that, but getting the ball unstuck just took a little nudge (whereas before I'd be lifting the whole rear corner of the pin to get the ball free.

thank you for this great piece of information. Yes I have the cliffy installed as there is a huge divot in the play field. The ball hangs up exactly where you described it above, usually when there isn't enough momentum. I will have to try your suggestion and see if I can' get it to work.

again, thanks for this detailed advice

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

Ok all this talk about lightning flippers intrigued me. I went to my WH2O and checked and sure enough I have them. What do these do? Are they shorter than standard? My WH2O regularly kicks my ass. Why is the game harder with lightning flippers?

They were made for a French Distributer to speed up game times and turn out more profit. This swirled into an ageless discussion of whether games were designed with lightening flippers. FT was the first game with them, and it WAS NOT designed for them...they were thrown on after the fact.

#1818 4 years ago

HELP PLEASE - FLASHER PROBLEM ?

Hi guys, thank you for your technical help so far. I was so excited for the first time ever my whitewater was fully operational ... that's right 100% working. It was a great feeling (Of course my wife thinks I'm crazy). My feeling of success however was short lived I now feel incomplete.

When I turned on the pin today my Upper Left Playfield flasher had stopped working.

I have checked the bulb.

When I run the 'tests' it is the only flasher not working (and the strange thing is that the corresponding flasher on the back glass that would normally flash at the same time does flash during the test, but the one on the playfield doesn't

The wires from the flasher go directly into the back box.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

flasher3_(resized).jpg

flasher2_(resized).jpg

flasher1_(resized).jpg

#1819 4 years ago

Check to see if both bulbs are blown. If they are, I would suggest that the corresponding transistor has gone bad causing them to lock on and blow. Not able to check which one that maybe right now.

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

HELP PLEASE - FLASHER PROBLEM ?
Hi guys, thank you for your technical help so far. I was so excited for the first time ever my whitewater was fully operational ... that's right 100% working. It was a great feeling (Of course my wife thinks I'm crazy). My feeling of success however was short lived I now feel incomplete.
When I turned on the pin today my Upper Left Playfield flasher had stopped working.

Was there a consideration to clean the socket?
If I remember correctly, its is a #89 bayonet.
The next thing is to test the voltage at the socket.
Is it getting the right DC voltage?
If ALL other flashers are working, check the EASY things first, before electronics.

#1821 4 years ago

FLASHER FIXED

Thanks Sciddleybop1980 and xTheBlackKnightx

1) I checked the flasher with a multimeter and found that during test mode the volts were going up and down, that was a great feeling knowing it was getting power.

2) Gave the socket a good clean

3) Inserted LED flasher bulb: no flashing

4) Tried a different LED flasher bulb

5) Inserted a traditional incandescent bulb ! FLASHING

Strange, but the LED bulb used to work, I think I must have updated the back box to LED and when I did that the LED flasher on the play field stopped working.

On the playfield I now have:
4 red led flashers
1 blue led flasher
1 white led flasher
2 incandescent flashers

Seems the machine needs to have a few incandecents, I don't know why maybe someone with knowledge can answer that.

Am I doing damage to my machine having the other LED flashers on the playfield ?

It is working perfectly now so I will keep the above configuration if that sounds good to everyone.

Thank you all once again for your help.

flasher4_(resized).jpg

#1822 4 years ago

Good one. I'm assuming the same LED flasher bulbs that didn't work in the particular socket you're having trouble with work in other flasher sockets? If so, I suspect its something with how the bulb is making contact in the socket.

Also, I haven't forgotten about the picture I promised you of the Bigfoot spot. I just need to find some time to do it.

#1823 4 years ago

Hi jb

There is no problem with the LEDs or socket, the machine just wants an incandescent there ? I don't understand but I also don't mind.

#1824 4 years ago

Hey Lovies!

We updated our White Water PinBlades what do you think?

IMG_5512_(resized).JPGIMG_5513_(resized).JPGIMG_5511_(resized).JPG

#1825 4 years ago

I like 'em...you will have these at Allentown, right?

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I like 'em...you will have these at Allentown, right?

Yes sir! Make sure you come visit me !!

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Yes sir! Make sure you come visit me !!

I want the 3d snake mod to cover up my terrible original version . It is gonna seem so wrong to cover this one up! Oops, this isn't the met thread

#1828 4 years ago

Hey Lovies!

I like these a lot better. Looks like it will integrate better with the bolders and rocks in the game. Great job Pinupgirl1975.

#1829 4 years ago

Any shots of it in game? I'm curious to how it will line up. Stand-alone they look great.

#1830 4 years ago

I just added an LEDOCD GI and the GI lighting is now amazingly smooth and dims perfectly. It was a flickering nightmare before this. PDI glass, LEDOCD GI, and flipper fidelity speakers completely changed this game!

tony c

#1831 4 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

I just added an LEDOCD GI and the GI lighting is now amazingly smooth and dims perfectly. It was a flickering nightmare before this. PDI glass, LEDOCD GI, and flipper fidelity speakers completely changed this game!
tony c

Cool. Got a GI OCD myself a few months ago and its a great addition. I mean, i knew i was going to like it based on everything I'd read but it was actually better than i was expecting. Loved that i could still leave in a few choice incandescents with it too. Saving for PDI glass next...

#1832 4 years ago

Learn something about YOUR GAME from 1993.
Start at 12:46, unless you want to learn a bit more about Alvin G. and Co and MC.

I wonder how many people on PinSide have actually seen this video and know some of the details and what prototype features were cut from the game. Look VERY closely, there are actually a significant number.

Knowledge is power...

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Learn something about YOUR GAME from 1993.
Start at 12:46, unless you want to learn a bit more about Alvin G. and Co and MC.
I wonder how many people on PinSide have actually seen this video and know some of the details and what prototype features were cut from the game. Look VERY closely, there are actually a significant number.
ยป YouTube video
Knowledge is power...

That was cool!!

#1834 4 years ago

Dead tree falling as a diverter might have been cool!

#1835 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Dead tree falling as a diverter might have been cool!

The "dead tree" diverter was used, just not exactly as originally concepted, it was modified.
The prototype design with the paper ramps shows its proper orientation using it as a "baseball bat log" which eventually had BigFoot holding it.
The guy with the binoculars sitting on the box in the photo and ultimately the translite is John Youssi, for those that are unaware.

Pinball history has a tendency to be lost, which in many ways is much more interesting that most of today's pinball drama.
Unfortunately, most of the older generations to do not post, post regularly, or even use a computer.

#1836 4 years ago

Hey Lovies!
IMG_5512_(resized).JPGIMG_5513_(resized).JPGIMG_5511_(resized).JPG

How much?

#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Unfortunately, most of the older generations to do not post, post regularly, or even use a computer.

So what else didn't make it besides the insanity falls ramp with lanes and right return? I think that's the only major change I saw.

#1838 4 years ago

Hi xtheblackknightx

Thanks for sharing the link. I found the whole clip fascinating. Seeing inside the factory was pretty cool to

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

So what else didn't make it besides the insanity falls ramp with lanes and right return? I think that's the only major change I saw.

Did you see the apron ramp? There was also a lot on that white board that never came to fruition.

#1840 4 years ago

That apron ramp is crazy!

#1841 4 years ago

Just installed the new White Water Mountain blade graphics created by Pinupgirl1975 at PinGraffix. Now it Feels like I'm Northern California when I play.

See pics.

Great work Gina

DSC_0333_(resized).JPG

DSC_0335_(resized).JPG

DSC_0334_(resized).JPG

DSC_0336_(resized).JPG

DSC_0337_(resized).JPG

DSC_0338_(resized).JPG

DSC_0339_(resized).JPG

DSC_0341_(resized).JPG

DSC_0342_(resized).JPG

DSC_0343_(resized).JPG

DSC_0344_(resized).JPG

#1842 4 years ago

Those look awesome!

#1843 4 years ago

I agree. Those are the nicest ones I've seen.

#1844 4 years ago

Absolutly gorgeous looking machine MokThemagicman !! Tip at the hat to you

Have to ask ... where did you find that raft with the peddler, just the right size and look

#1845 4 years ago

Thanks. I love those little raft guys. I got it from here: http://amzn.to/1rv8vFI

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Absolutly gorgeous looking machine MokThemagicman !! Tip at the hat to you
Have to ask ... where did you find that raft with the peddler, just the right size and look

#1846 4 years ago

Those PinGraffix blades look awesome. I think Mirror blades work well on some games, but these add so much more. Nice machine!

#1848 4 years ago

Thanks Everyone! They look amazing on your machine @Mokthemagicman!

We will be at the Allentown Pinball Show next week (http://www.pinfestival.com) with our full line of products as well as some new goodies that are going to be a must have! If you are going be sure to come see me!!!

#1849 4 years ago

For all those Whitewater "enthusiasts" there is still one source for the WH20 "waterfall" prototype missing mountain.

Pinball Center in Germany
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/white-water/6482/white-water-waterfall-mountain
Total cost is around $60 USD based on my calculations of currency conversion.

Some are not aware a few are still out there based on the original mold.
Closer in color from what I see using the original NOS mountain set, not the reproductions.
I have no idea how it is fastened.

image_62445_1_(resized).jpg
image_62445_2_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside